Photo

Skyscrapers and throwing people off

105 replies to this topic
Rello
  • Rello

Stoney Cruiser

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:17 AM

Ok... FACT of the matter is, you can get SERIOUSLY f*cked up falling from an extreme height to the point that you look like a bug on a windshield or even a salad.

All of these people saying ignorantly, "no, you'd remain intact" don't know ANYTHING about it.

If you had ever SEEN it you would never be saying this, you are talking from inexperience and you should probably STOP.

People get limbs ripped off and decapitated with less force all the time, don't get confused over spoken word.

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 01:51 AM

QUOTE (Rello @ May 15 2007, 01:17)
Ok... FACT of the matter is, you can get SERIOUSLY f*cked up falling from an extreme height to the point that you look like a bug on a windshield or even a salad.

All of these people saying ignorantly, "no, you'd remain intact" don't know ANYTHING about it.

If you had ever SEEN it you would never be saying this, you are talking from inexperience and you should probably STOP.

People get limbs ripped off and decapitated with less force all the time, don't get confused over spoken word.

+1 ... Thank you.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 06:39 AM

It's a case of urban legends versus science.

Skydivers do have accidents unfortunately, and these usually fall at the maximum velocity possible. They aren't turned to a pulp. Sure, they don't just get up and walk away. And, if they hit their face to the ground their face will not be recognisable. But people are not water balloons.

If you fall head on and hit your head first, then I'm sure this will explode. Nobody is doubting this. And if you fall on your legs they will definitely become crushed and mangled. They can't liquefy though, it's absurd. And if skydivers remain a lump of lifeless human after falling from the sky, I cannot imagine why people falling off buildings should disintegrate.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 15 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

Blood and guts are pretty much minimalistic within GTA, despite all the controversy, there's much worse found in R rated horror flicks. The sound of crunched, ran over bodies, and falling to ones death, quite a bit better then the graphics, I think the working off the city-scape, this being just one way of doing that, it's certainly worthy of the game. I can't speculate without knowing what facts are forthcoming, with this new game setting, albeit old LC, it could be a number of things that seem old but come off as new when playing. AI will be the most interesting advancement.
BILL

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Slamman @ May 15 2007, 09:38)
Blood and guts are pretty much minimalistic within GTA, despite all the controversy, there's much worse found in R rated horror flicks. The sound of crunched, ran over bodies, and falling to ones death, quite a bit better then the graphics, I think the working off the city-scape, this being just one way of doing that, it's certainly worthy of the game. I can't speculate without knowing what facts are forthcoming, with this new game setting, albeit old LC, it could be a number of things that seem old but come off as new when playing. AI will be the most interesting advancement.
BILL

well' we were already told how niko reallisticaly reacted when hit by a car

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:22 PM

I cannot imagine why people falling off buildings should disintegrate.

Right, I completely agree. I never said that a human would disintegrate, or liquefy upon impact for the record. I'm simply making the point that a human will NOT be intact after taking a hit of that magnitude.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 May 2007 - 12:27 AM

QUOTE (Rello @ May 15 2007, 01:17)

Fact of the matter? You have no facts behind this post, just apparently, your own knowledge - which can't be much, judging on this post. All these people saying ignorantly? I think it is you who is sounding ignorant, at least I have science behind my post, and you have, I'm sorry, nothing. Don't tell me I don't know anything, obviously I know something, more than you, since I presented some fact. If I have ever seen it? What, have you actually stood under a building, watched a person fall to the ground, and get smashed on the pavement? I doubt it. So therefore you are a product of what is fed to you, making you less credible. There's a lot of lies and misconceptions about stuff that is controversial, such as suicide and graphic things. Inexperience? What, am I supposed to wait for someone to jump off of a building. No, I'm not. And neither are you. We all are inexperienced to a degree since we haven't seen it truly ourselves. We just try our best to be accurate, without first-hand experience. Nice way to assume too! By you telling me to stop, just makes me want to go even more. Just so you know! "People get limbs ripped off and decapitated with less force all the time" - does this even relate to people jumping off of buildings? These are two different subjects. There's a big difference between severing body parts and velocity. And, I suggest don't get raped by what the media tells you. I'm sorry, this post was just so ridiculous I had to reply. If someone wants to search for a site and find some credible information on this, I'd be happy. Otherwise, it's just a cycle, and we're getting nowhere.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 16 May 2007 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (Hope @ May 16 2007, 00:27)

i can see your point, but they also are a bit right man, at high altitudes i think someone would splat confused.gif

LiamCee
  • LiamCee

If U Read This U Are Gay =P

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:50 PM

I Would Also Like A Feature Of Throwing People Off Bridges biggrin.gif
Just Random People Looking At The Sea And...Whoop You Pull There Legs And Flip Them Over happy.gif

GTA SAS
  • GTA SAS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 May 2007 - 02:23 AM

Grab a guy, get a jetpack and fly up then throw them out! That would be funny!

cherkov
  • cherkov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 04:54 PM

This feature sounds awesome. does it also mean that we can grab hold of people in the streets and beat them like in 'the godfather' which would be incredible

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:52 PM Edited by oysterbarron, 19 December 2007 - 05:59 PM.

ph34r.gif
QUOTE (Rick88 @ May 10 2007, 05:05)
This sounds awesome. From the way they announced it, it sounds more like you'll be able to do this anytime when meeting with gangs, sort of like a side mission.

I'm curious to see how cool it'll look when you throw them off and they land  cool.gif

ok dont know if someone said this allready but with euphoria cpu peds actually grab onto things to save their lives so it may be harder than you think to throw them off. i brought that up in my excited thread

EDIT : ok just realised they have was using my psp to post and couldnt be arsed to go through all the replies

LukeWALTON9190
  • LukeWALTON9190

SomethingCup

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:16 PM

i think its the most amazing thing i have ever heard
i cant wait
even better,
grab a parachute
grab someone and jump of
at the last second, let go, open yer parachute and watch their body splat on the bonnet of a comet smile.gif
you then glide yourself with your parachute towards the closest building and do one inside and snipe all the police that come for you

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2007 - 06:52 PM

Don't think it was an original idea with Dead Rising, but I think it's 'wait and see' how we are impacted by falling in actual gameplay. Will certainly be interesting but in my end, I want more of those falling expletives and crying out voices from the character (Niko) in question, a la CJ In SA

mista morino
  • mista morino

Trick

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (Gnarf @ May 10 2007, 12:14)
is it really even close to the size?? i coulda sworn he said it was bigger than any other city, keep in mind there were multiple cities in SA

It's because they will ad more stuff verticaly ( I guess they mean more buiding interior, roof tops, fire escapes , roof pool , etc. )

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2007 - 08:12 PM

LC will be slightly smaller then SA from a border perspective, but no real idea in terms of an 'artificial' ceiling in the game.

I can't see it being much changed from SA's though, that was with airplanes of course!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users