Photo

Skyscrapers and throwing people off

105 replies to this topic
xygtaxy
  • xygtaxy

IM AN EMO KID NUTHIN 4 ME AS CAN BE

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

QUOTE (jeremy_jeremy00 @ May 12 2007, 15:40)
QUOTE (swimfan3210 @ May 10 2007, 03:52)
there should be a grapple like in VCS so you can toss em off.

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww, tossing people off isnt something i wanna do in the game, perverts anuj_cop.gif anuj_cop.gif

lol loser...maybe you shouldnt be playing GTA if you can't handle the greatness of it all...and by the way little boy, pervert is a term for someone doing and commiting things in a sexual term, people who like violence...well that has nothing to do with being a pervert, learn your facts bud wink.gif

By the way I really like this idea everyone I would love to push an old lady of a building =D

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

QUOTE (xygtaxy @ May 12 2007, 17:34)

eeeeeeeeeeeewwwwwwwwwww, tossing people off isnt something i wanna do in the game, perverts anuj_cop.gif anuj_cop.gif

lol loser...maybe you shouldnt be playing GTA if you can't handle the greatness of it all...and by the way little boy, pervert is a term for someone doing and commiting things in a sexual term, people who like violence...well that has nothing to do with being a pervert, learn your facts bud wink.gif

Are you sure you understood him correctly?

"tossing off"? wink.gif

phs1234
  • phs1234

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

QUOTE (xygtaxy @ May 12 2007, 12:34)

By the way I really like this idea everyone I would love to push an old lady of a building =D

user posted image

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 12 May 2007 - 10:37 PM Edited by Hope, 12 May 2007 - 11:01 PM.

Let me explain it, for those who don't know. If you jump off of a building and hit the pavement, your body will still be completely intact, except for blood oozing on the ground. That is the only thing that you will notice, no guts, bones laying everywhere, or just plain turning into a clear liquid would happen. The only way that could happen is if you're not falling on pavement, rather something jagged that could pierce you, or by some small chance, you fall really strangely and a bone protrudes out of your body. That is it. The reason for this is terminal velocity. Once you fall from so far, your velocity stays at a constant and doesn't increase. This velocity, which reaches it's maximum at 125, I think, is not enough to make your body squished or whatever. It's simply too little, and I don't see how you could do that, it would take so much speed, and I don't even know what would happen. It's all a giant misconception, so I hope I have cleared it up. I also hope Rockstar realizes this, and judging based on San Andreas, apparently they understood.

EDIT: If your head was to impact the pavement directly, it could crack open. Though, if you fall from high enough, you should be able to aim so your feet hit first. That is why if you are destined to terminal velocity, it is better to fall from a mile up than from 1,200 feet (The minimum height for terminal velocity). With a longer fall, you have more time to prepare your body's aim so you can minimalize injury.

elias2k2
  • elias2k2

Trick

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:03 PM

That would be a cool idea, but I think it would get R* into some trouble what with the whole september 11 thing.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Hope @ May 12 2007, 23:37)
EDIT: If your head was to impact the pavement directly, it could crack open. Though, if you fall from high enough, you should be able to aim so your feet hit first. That is why if you are destined to terminal velocity, it is better to fall from a mile up than from 1,200 feet (The minimum height for terminal velocity). With a longer fall, you have more time to prepare your body's aim so you can minimalize injury.

Well said, although I would prefer hitting my head first and get it over with than hitting feet-first and risk surviving the fall. It wouldn't be much of a survival.

Also, don't forget we're talking about falling off buildings people. I doubt a person would even have the chance to reach terminal velocity from the top of a building, let alone liquefy himself on impact.

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 12:38 AM Edited by columbia, 13 May 2007 - 12:40 AM.

If you jump off of a building and hit the pavement, your body will still be completely intact, except for blood oozing on the ground.

I would show you a photo of the base of one of the twin towers after some people fell to their deaths just to make my point, but it's simply inappropriate to show it. Your body won't stay intact falling from that height. Trust me.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (columbia @ May 13 2007, 00:38)
If you jump off of a building and hit the pavement, your body will still be completely intact, except for blood oozing on the ground.

I would show you a photo of the base of one of the twin towers after some people fell to their deaths just to make my point, but it's simply inappropriate to show it. Your body won't stay intact falling from that height. Trust me.

How can you disagree with science? Obviously, there is some other variable playing into this. When did they find these bodies? After the buildings collapsed on them, or after the rubble fell on them? Perhaps, when they fell, they fell into jagged things. Those are some of the explanations I have for them looking that way. Otherwise, these photos you see are fiction, or you're lying. The latter, being something I don't believe. Your argument is not a good one, perhaps try something different. But, I doubt you will find anything. It's the way it is, a body falling onto the street below is not going to be a mangled mess.

Rocky88
  • Rocky88

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 04:22 AM

QUOTE (Raindancer @ May 10 2007, 00:21)
Lets hope you are able to get a motorbike up to the top of one of those building with a hooker riding on the back. At the last moment, abandon bike!

You can do that in GTA:SA. Just go to the "Bank of America Building" - the tallest building in downtown Los Santos and "enter" the building while you're on bike.

j_f_mac
  • j_f_mac

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:52 AM

Throwing or pushing people off buildings could have a great potential for cut-scenes and storyline. Imagine a contact that betrayed you. Let's include that 'calling contacts with your cell phone' feature. You go on the roof of a skyscraper, call that contact and wait for him. A short cutscene shows that contact arriving, smiling at Niko, giving the orders for the next mission (probably another booby trapped one). It's onto you if you accept the mission or push that bastard off the edge.

el monoro
  • el monoro

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:02 AM

i think its a great relief to find out that there will still be the old amount of fun that was in the other gta's in GTA 4, even with all the realism

Sevorbeupstry
  • Sevorbeupstry

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:26 AM

That would be pretty funny indeed! I sure hope Rockstar is reading this!

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:26 PM

How can you disagree with science? Obviously, there is some other variable playing into this. When did they find these bodies? After the buildings collapsed on them, or after the rubble fell on them? Perhaps, when they fell, they fell into jagged things. Those are some of the explanations I have for them looking that way. Otherwise, these photos you see are fiction, or you're lying. The latter, being something I don't believe. Your argument is not a good one, perhaps try something different. But, I doubt you will find anything. It's the way it is, a body falling onto the street below is not going to be a mangled mess.

The photo (taken directly from a video) was filming the base of one of the towers whilst the two were engulfed in flames (after people jumped), in other words, prior to any collapse. If you'd really like to see how much of a "mangled mess" there isn't, PM me.

agent17
  • agent17

Absolution

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (Claude94 @ May 10 2007, 04:03)
QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 9 2007, 21:58)

how was the grapple???

It was okay, but you had to toss 'em quickly before they let go and ran away/kicked your ass. I hope they bring it back, but that you can toss people farther over time and that they don't get out of your grip.

rampage_ani.gif Claude94 rampage_ani.gif

Grappel?

defibrillator
  • defibrillator

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 01:50 PM

I am wondering exactly why there would be people on top of buildings just for throwing off.

Helsinki
  • Helsinki

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 02:01 PM

QUOTE (defibrillator @ May 13 2007, 13:50)
I am wondering exactly why there would be people on top of buildings just for throwing off.

"Just for throwing off"? Well, obviously there wouldn't be people just waiting to be thrown off, but they'd be doing something sensible. If you'd read the whole thread...
QUOTE (Helsinki @ May 10 2007, 16:48)
QUOTE (Rob. @ May 10 2007, 16:21)
This brings up the qeustion; how would you get your victim up there in the first place? There's only two plausible reasons as to how this could be done as far as i can tell;

•You'll be able to take hostages and move with them still in your possession.

•The feature will only occur during a specific mission in which you are on top of a building.

What do you mean "only two"? How about a bunch of tourists on an observation deck? A high-rise hotel's rooftop cafe? A rich guy enjoying the sun on his penthouse's huge balcony?

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (columbia @ May 13 2007, 13:26)

The photo (taken directly from a video) was filming the base of one of the towers whilst the two were engulfed in flames (after people jumped), in other words, prior to any collapse. If you'd really like to see how much of a "mangled mess" there isn't, PM me.

I just don't understand what you are trying to get at. And, also, I don't follow this - "If you'd really like to see how much of a "mangled mess" there isn't" - what do you mean by that? You're not being specific as to what the bodies looked like. Were they covered in blood? That would make sense. You're just not revealing anything of what they looked like, making your argument difficult to follow. PM me the pictures, if you don't want to describe them to me. But, there's again, obviously some variable playing into this. If people jump from those buildings, at any height, onto pavement, they should remain intact. I mean, they may have not even reached terminal velocity, so they'd be under 124. 9/11 is a bad example, I think, at any case, do to all the destruction going on. I hope this helps clear up some confusion.

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:29 PM

By the phrase in which you had trouble deciphering, I was being sarcastic. You stated there isn't a mangled mess, whereas I state to you there was. I will send you the information, which is human remains at the base of the tower.

Bruinfany2k
  • Bruinfany2k

American Bad Ass

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

QUOTE (columbia @ May 13 2007, 17:29)
By the phrase in which you had trouble deciphering, I was being sarcastic. You stated there isn't a mangled mess, whereas I state to you there was. I will send you the information, which is human remains at the base of the tower.

PM it to me, i would be interested in seeing it.

Nabbesnabb
  • Nabbesnabb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 13 May 2007 - 11:27 PM

I'm pretty sure that if you fall 1000 - 2000 meters and land on your face in 250km/h you'll be pretty hard to recognize. Your face and the scull inside would be crushed almost like a vase. Sculls have been cracked open and crushed by less.
Your eyes would probably pop out or squeezed to something similar like fried eggs, your nose would be flat, the bone in your nose would be lying somewhere in the middle of your scull, your teeth would be.. somewhere else, and pretty much whole face would be full of blood.
Pretty much the same for the rest of your body... flat as a pancake, and soft as jelly.

Just watch poor Buster in Mythbusters when they drop him from only like 50 meters or something. His face gets so messed up... not to mention the rest of the body.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:14 AM

I'm sorry, that picture is of horrible quality. Not to mention, they could have fallen on anything, like something to pierce their bodies. I mean, I could see just a body with blood around it, if I just stare at it. The point is, the image is bad quality. I'm sorry, your evidence is simply faulty. Why are you even arguing? I have science, you have nothing. If you must insist on arguing, which I'm not sure why you want to, or think you can. But, try getting something better to prove your side.

xxtremeguyxx2001
  • xxtremeguyxx2001

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

I would love to be able to throw people off of skyscrapers! tounge.gif I can just imagine having a big fist fight with somebody on top of a tall building and you suddenly punch him and he stumbles, falls back and with the Euphoria engine he clings on to the edge of the building so he doesn't fall, then you kick him in the head and he falls straight down to his death tounge.gif , that would be awesome! rahkstar2.gif

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:29 AM Edited by Hope, 14 May 2007 - 01:41 AM.

If you still don't believe me, please, look at this link. They fell high, reaching terminal velocity - maximum speed, and they didn't become pure liquid, or mush. If they can fall from that high without turning into mush, and even living today, than it clearly proves my side of the argument. It's simply not enough speed to make someone turn into mush, or liquid. I think I rest my case.

http://www.greenharb...ffresearch.html

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 01:32 AM

This gives us a clue to the whole rags-to-riches thing. Obviously no dirt-poor little thug is gonna be having a meeting in a skyscraper in the first place.

More on topic, sweet idea.

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:08 AM Edited by columbia, 14 May 2007 - 02:10 AM.

It doesn't take great quality to see what I saw.

Hope, I will send you an even higher quality photo, which is very graphic.

rmmstnr
  • rmmstnr

Prankster

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:15 AM

I hope all windows are destructable, would make pushing people out easier as you wouldn't have to drag/lure them out to the roof. Just walk into a crowded floor of a skyscraper, shoot out the windows and knock somebody out of the opening. smile.gif

Who said people liquefy when they hit the ground at terminal velocity? mercie_blink.gif
Sounds like a job for the Mythbusters! tounge.gif sarcasm.gif

defibrillator
  • defibrillator

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

People don't just liquify. If you land on your face, yeah you wont really have one anymore. If you landed on a cars roof or something, I could see how you might be more damaged. I'm not sure, I think that you might just lose a whole lot of blood.

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 03:19 AM Edited by Hope, 14 May 2007 - 03:25 AM.

I'm sorry, but that picture doesn't look real. And, how can I trust it from a marijuana magazine? What happened to the leg? It looks like a deflated balloon. And the guts that are spilled out, why would they be in only one area? Why isn't his head like that, since your head is possibly the most vulnerable thing? One last thing I have to say - if those were guts, shouldn't they be multiple colors, because your organs do vary in shades dramatically. They shouldn't just all be one color like that. To me, it looks fake, and it's from a magazine. Magazines love to lie just to put out another issue to get more money, even if they stretch the truth.

EDIT - Although, I have to say, this is some better evidence. Something, I can't say is true or false.

jeremy_jeremy00
  • jeremy_jeremy00

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 May 2007 - 05:57 PM

QUOTE (xygtaxy @ May 12 2007, 16:34)

do you know what it means to toss someone off?? or are you only 12 and very very naive!??!?!??!?!?!?! anuj_cop.gif anuj_cop.gif anuj_cop.gif

columbia
  • columbia

Rat

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE (Hope @ May 14 2007, 03:19)
I'm sorry, but that picture doesn't look real. And, how can I trust it from a marijuana magazine? What happened to the leg? It looks like a deflated balloon. And the guts that are spilled out, why would they be in only one area? Why isn't his head like that, since your head is possibly the most vulnerable thing? One last thing I have to say - if those were guts, shouldn't they be multiple colors, because your organs do vary in shades dramatically. They shouldn't just all be one color like that. To me, it looks fake, and it's from a magazine. Magazines love to lie just to put out another issue to get more money, even if they stretch the truth.

EDIT - Although, I have to say, this is some better evidence. Something, I can't say is true or false.

Perhaps he landed on his legs? The force would be incredible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users