Photo

VC Features In LC...

71 replies to this topic
SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:51 PM

$MASTERLC100COMPLETED - the inclusion of yet another debug variable won't hurt of course, but I've always just added a simple key_pressed line underneath the one that checks percentage to test my code modifications. happy.gif
Otherwise, well done Kon.

Since we can't have both (weapons at the hideouts AND hidden at the two locations), I'd suggest to discard the inclusion of either spawn code until MM posts his opinion regarding hacking the spawn limit OR Ben makes a final decision. Otherwise we'll get in trouble with the different possibilities.

That makes me wonder why we need two different versions of the mission script - MAIN and DBUG - because this could probably also be changed by the launcher dynamically - it's just a one-byte difference between the two after all.

But I guess the launcher has more important issues to take care of... smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 18 May 2007 - 02:05 AM

@Kon - That's excellent, great work icon14.gif. Regarding the camera - that's fine (we can't have it messing with the sniper rifle).

That extra variable is a pretty good idea too - it enables us to give people a 100% completed version of LC (sort of) without messing around with saves smile.gif.

Is that not-so-sexy purple in the stadium? Any chance of changing it to something more aesthetically pleasing? tounge.gif

@SteaVor - It's been proven time and again that nothing is impossible with regards to modding VC for LC. I'm happy to just go with the original intentions of sticking the weapons at hidden places around the city, so how bout we just stick with that script. I'll hang onto the other one as well (just in case).

@bike lovers - Everything happening with the bikes has already been finalised and coded in. Well, for the most part - there's one thing I've gotta check out before I can say definitively that everything's been coded in. But the decisions are final - any further changes you want you'll have to make yourself and release unofficially.

@SCM'ers - Just thought I'd add the link to the latest SCM package (courtesy of Konstantinos) to this page - get the package here.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:38 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 18 2007, 03:05)
Is that not-so-sexy purple in the stadium?  Any chance of changing it to something more aesthetically pleasing? tounge.gif

Well, we could change it to red, my favorite color. Nothing is sexier than the good old FF0000 inlove.gif
Seriously, the stadium texture is exactly like in GTA3, and while it's really ugly and low-res, it's not something that needs changing.

Thanks for the credit. Karma please? tounge2.gif
Only joking!

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:50 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 19 2007, 19:38)
QUOTE (Ben @ May 18 2007, 03:05)
Is that not-so-sexy purple in the stadium?  Any chance of changing it to something more aesthetically pleasing? tounge.gif

Well, we could change it to red, my favorite color. Nothing is sexier than the good old FF0000 inlove.gif
Seriously, the stadium texture is exactly like in GTA3, and while it's really ugly and low-res, it's not something that needs changing.

Thanks for the credit. Karma please? tounge2.gif
Only joking!

lol.gif

About the texture - you sure about not changing it? I'm only thinking that perhaps we should, only because we're making use of the area as a bonus feature. What does everyone think of this?

Also, regarding the issue of bikes, there's a couple of changes that need to be made. The first is to the default.ide, which I'll take care of sometime soon (it's a 5 minute job, but I'm a bit hungover at the moment, so I don't feel up to it tounge.gif). And the other is to the SCM - the Faggio needs to be made to drive in traffic on Portland, which involves editing the section that defines car class zones - that's a bit beyond my scope, so can someone fix that up please?

Thanks to Kon for checking the above for me. I'll have to dust off my commendation request forms if he keeps this up... tounge2.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:33 PM

Rightio, I've added the Fast Reload Ability to the first post - I've noted that we should include it after 100% (I think this would be most appropriate since GTA3 didn't have such an ability). Everything that's been done has also been crossed off.

In case people are wondering, I still haven't checked out the Marco's Bistro interior. I WILL get to it...

...eventually confused.gif.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 06:05 AM

I've added the Fast Reload ability already. xmas.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 17 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

Thank ye.

smile.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

OK, years after the initial release I've downloaded silver007's Marco's Bistro Interior to finally decide about its inclusion in the official version of LC.
The first thing to note is that the files provided in the package are horribly outdated and most people will be unable to install the mod - the pager files are missing from hud.txd, gta_vc.dat references *_rev map files etc., so it took quite some time to make it work on the latest version of LC.

I've noticed 2 small issues, but they really shouldn't hinder the interior from being made official. It provides a unique touch after all, something new to discover and something that really fits in and doesn't feel out of place or anything, so I'm definitely all for including it.
I'm currently tweaking the script that enables entering the bistro and I think about extending it considerably (people inside, background music from SA playing, mafiosi attacking you after Last Requests instead of disabling the spheres altogether etc).

Any thoughts on this?

plastus
  • plastus

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:23 PM

you planning some missions in Marco Bistro?

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:25 PM

No, I don't - that would take it too far, at least for the official version.

Meanwhile I've added the collision that was missing from the fridge in the kitchen myself, that means there's just 1 one modeling issue left to make it perfect. cool.gif

I've made quite some progress with the transition script as well, now it's time to look for SA's background sound file.

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 07:49 AM Edited by [CTD]LaBan, 13 August 2007 - 07:53 AM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ Aug 12 2007, 11:45)
OK, years after the initial release I've downloaded silver007's Marco's Bistro Interior to finally decide about its inclusion in the official version of LC.
The first thing to note is that the files provided in the package are horribly outdated and most people will be unable to install the mod - the pager files are missing from hud.txd, gta_vc.dat references *_rev map files etc., so it took quite some time to make it work on the latest version of LC.

I've noticed 2 small issues, but they really shouldn't hinder the interior from being made official. It provides a unique touch after all, something new to discover and something that really fits in and doesn't feel out of place or anything, so I'm definitely all for including it.
I'm currently tweaking the script that enables entering the bistro and I think about extending it considerably (people inside, background music from SA playing, mafiosi attacking you after Last Requests instead of disabling the spheres altogether etc).

Any thoughts on this?

Very nice, it wouln't damage gameplay tounge.gif

That is nice that you don't do any missions for it.
I haven't played Marco's Bistro interior modification for LC, but i am sure it will be good. Is snow from SA included in this interior modifiaction? Does this will replace entire building or just adds an interior?
Sorry, i can't try it in few weeks, but i'll give you some 'thumbs up' smiley icon14.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:14 PM Edited by SteaVor, 13 August 2007 - 02:32 PM.

No, the snow has been removed.
It updates the part behind the Bistro to make it possible to leave the backyard. Otherwise it doesn't change the outside appearance of the bistro.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users