» «
Photo

VC Features In LC...

71 replies to this topic
Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:45 PM Edited by SteaVor, 20 December 2007 - 06:03 PM.

Well, the "poll" we held a fair while ago determined several VC features that we'd be including in LC - these are outlined below:

RESULTS OF POLL - WHICH VC FEATURES TO INCLUDE IN THE OFFICIAL VERSION OF LC?
FeatureTo Be Included...NotesDone?
The Hunter
One at Phil's Army Barracks after 100 hidden packages, and one near the Triad Fish Factory at Atlantic Quays after 100%
Normal rewards for hidden packages as per GTA3 still in place. New cheat to spawn the Hunter in-game to be added.
Yes
VC Weapons
As a reward for 100% at various locations around the city
GTA3 weapons at hideout as well (as per GTA3 hidden package rewards).
Teargas functionality has to be changed to give it damaging properties as per the PS2 version of VC.
Mostly - the code has been added to the SCM, but commented out until an EXE hack to increase the number of pickups available in-game can be increased to accommodate the extra weapons.
Teargas functionality still to be corrected.
Double Health & Armour
After 100%
As per VC
Yes
Minor VC Features
Left as is
No helicopters until SSV is unlocked, windscreens breakable, tyres poppable, motorcycles available throughout the game, player fireproof after 100% complete, etc. Make sure that the rewards from vigilante, paramedic, fire fighter, taxi missions are the same as GTA3
Yes
Interiors
As per SteaVor's discretion wink.gif
A decision won't be made until I've seen them in-game.
Marco's Bistro Interior, the only interior finished so far, has been included in v7test4
Fast Reload Ability
After 100%
Player is given the fast reload ability after completing LC 100%
Yes

The above features are the ones chosen to be included in the official version of LC. Any others will become unofficial mods if people choose to make them. See this post in the Unofficial Mods topic for a full list of suggestions that came about as a result of the poll.

The other thing that needs to be done is to change the SCM to make the Faggio cruise on Portland - this involves editing the section that defines car class zones.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:48 AM

I don't think it's possible to create so many pickups that every hideout gets all III and VC weapons, so there's some selection to be made as to which weapons are to be spawned at each hideout.
Extra weapon locations could be inspired by LCS locations.
The remaining features are self-explanatory. Did you talk with Craig as to which of the features have already been coded in (and to which extent) by him?

Teargas emulation sounds possible because all the visual effects seem to work properly. I suppose that health drop and so on could very well be emulated.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:41 AM

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 5 2007, 08:48)
I don't think it's possible to create so many pickups that every hideout gets all III and VC weapons, so there's some selection to be made as to which weapons are to be spawned at each hideout.

Exactly. That's why my VC weapons in LC has the VC weapon spawns split among all 3 hideouts, SA style. Like I said, anyone feel free to use that code in the official SCM. It will spare you 5 minutes of work, pinpointing the coordinates lol.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:28 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 05 May 2007 - 12:04 PM.

No, I haven't talked to Craig about it. I don't think he did any of it, and I doubt he'd remember now. He's not very reliable any more cryani.gif . But on the other hand, I'm really happy for him that he's so happy with Kassie. He's such a lucky guy.

tounge.gif

I'll have to check Kon's weapon mod out to see what he's got where, but it would seem like a pretty good starting point icon14.gif .

The only other to check really is the hunter locations - the double health/armour and minor VC features are already taken care of by default. Interiors is self-explanatory.

Thanks for the feedback smile.gif .

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:24 PM Edited by Jony92, 05 May 2007 - 07:27 PM.

make bikes roaming like LCS wink.gif specially in Portland...
weapons pickups??? maybe like LCS tounge.gif

NOTE: FFS i can type this?? free.roaming??

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:06 AM

lol, I love that word filter - makes for some funny reading. I'm talking about the one that changes free.roam to pony farm lol.gif .

The issue of what exactly to do with the bikes was discussed and all-but-finalised around September last year. I actually took a look at my old chat logs to figure out the reasons why Craig made the decisions he did - initially, he was going to go with an LCS-style setup, because that's the way R* intended it to be (for those of you who, like me, have never played LCS, this style of setup would involve bikes driving around in traffic (including on Portland) and sportscars still only appearing on Staunton and SSV). However, he decided to scrap that idea and add more parked bikes around the city - I can't find a mention of why, although I suspect he was just too lazy tounge.gif . I don't think anything was done about it at all though - can anyone confirm this?

Anyways, taking all that into account, I'm more inclined to go with an LCS-style setup, but modified slightly - instead of having ALL bikes driving around in Portland, I think we should just have Faggios (which would fit in with it being the crap part of town). Once you reach Staunton though, all bikes would be driving around in traffic (as with sportscars). Also, to keep people happy, I think we should have one of each of the bikes parked somewhere in Portland - the following is a list I came up with a while ago, but I still think it's appropriate:
  • A Faggio parked at Misty's Apartment
  • A PCJ in Easy Credit Autos, next to the Banshee
  • A Sanchez at the Supa Save near the docks (replacing the existing PCJ) near the Patriot
  • A Freeway at the hall near the Callahan Bridge (the building used in The Fuzz Ball - replacing the existing PCJ)
  • An Angel in the carpark of the building (sorry, forget the name of it) where you pick up the Manana for Dead Skunk In The Trunk
Obviously, I'm open to other suggestions as well, but you'll have to do a fair bit to convince me to change from this proposed setup wink.gif .

@Craig - Glad to hear mate wink.gif . Also, it's good to see you still pop around occassionally.

For those who don't know what I'm talking about, see the edit by line in my last post (two above this one).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 5 2007, 13:28)
the double health/armour and minor VC features are already taken care of by default.

Sure? I didn't find anything in the code that increases max health/armor based on 100% completion, just some code that does this when the DEBUG var is set to 1. There are currently no rewards for 100% completion.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:30 AM

Double car damage and infinite ammo is done by the exe. The rest (health, armor, etc.) will have to be coded in an scm thread.

[CTD]LaBan
  • [CTD]LaBan

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:46 AM

i'd recommend LC to have VC particle effects (txd's). They are more detailed than gta3 ones. smile.gif
Like shadows under cars etc.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ May 6 2007, 18:30)
Double car damage and infinite ammo is done by the exe. The rest (health, armor, etc.) will have to be coded in an scm thread.

Really? Wow - I thought it was all done by the EXE, which is why I assumed it was done automatically confused.gif .

Meh, it shouldn't be too difficult to do anyway.

With regards to the particle effects - I'm happy with them as they are now - I don't see the need to change them. It just seems like unnecessary work.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:23 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 6 2007, 07:06)
Obviously, I'm open to other suggestions as well, but you'll have to do a fair bit to convince me to change from this proposed setup wink.gif

Well then, should I make myself useful and code it? smile.gif

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 10:31 AM

Yes smile.gif . If you'd like to, that'd be great.

Would you mind grabbing some screenies to show the results of your coding in-game too? smile.gif

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:10 AM

Done - that was easy smile.gif I'll send you compiled SCM, code and the pictures by email.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:06 PM Edited by Ben, 06 May 2007 - 12:14 PM.

Thanks.

Do you want to try your hand at fixing up the Hunter spawning stuff (assuming it hasn't already been done) and/or the double health/armour issue? Or is that a bit more complicated (pardon my ignorance but my excuse is that I'm not an SCM'er tounge.gif )?

smile.gif

EDIT - That would leave only the weapons and interiors (which I have to check out before we can move on), as well as the minor features, which need to be checked (most are fine, but some may have issues, such as the availability of helicopters, GTA3 rewards for vigilante/paramedic/firefighter/taxi/hidden packages (except for 100 packages, which gives you the Hunter as well as the correct GTA3 feature), etc.).

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:15 PM Edited by SteaVor, 06 May 2007 - 12:18 PM.

The increasing health and armor are already in the code - a search for max_health takes you right to the spot. This just has to be duplicated and tweaked a little. Kon has most probably taken care of that already.

EDIT: There's no thread right now that enables rewards after 100% completion (such as the health/armor thing), Kon. It's (nearly) the same for the Hunter issue - it's already in the code, but only triggered by activating a DEBUG var.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:18 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 06 May 2007 - 12:26 PM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 6 2007, 13:15)
The increasing health and armor are already in the code - a search for max_health takes you right to the spot. This just has to be duplicated and tweaked a little. Kon has most probably taken care of that already.

Nope - that's just the increase to 250 when debug is on tounge.gif Like I said, I'll try to add it. Just don't expect it to be as quickly as the bikes spawn smile.gif

@ben - lol, this is starting to look like an IM log biggrin.gif feel free to delete my posts if you're going to do a cleanup

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:23 PM Edited by SteaVor, 06 May 2007 - 12:26 PM.

Yeah, that's what I meant with tweaking - the 100% thread (that has to be created) should also contain these lines, because the health/armor increase is part of the reward. Could you post a download link for the current code or somehow pass it my way? (It's based on the Feb 22 version, I suppose?)

EDIT: I'm impressed by the HUGE posting frequency - the thread turns into a chatroom. tounge.gif

EDIT2: Oh, we're sharing the same thoughts, Konstantinos!! cool.gif

Claude GTA3
  • Claude GTA3

I am awesome.

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

How 'bout buyable properties?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

I've answered that question of yours once before. To refresh your memory, the answer was "no".

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:19 PM Edited by SteaVor, 06 May 2007 - 04:11 PM.

Here is Kon's package, just for reference.

I've completed a 100% thread (to be found at Label100Reward), max health and armor are increased by 50 (as per VC) and Claude gets full health and armor; the notification message is displayed. The Hunter spawns at the Triad Fish Factory.

Current code:
CODE
:Label100Reward
03A4: name_thread "100REW"  
058C: $PERCENTAGE = percentage_completed

:LabelPCSniffer        
0001: wait  250 ms
00D6: if  0
0022:   100.0 > $PERCENTAGE  
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelGiveRewards
058C: $PERCENTAGE = percentage_completed
0002: jump ££LabelPCSniffer

:LabelGiveRewards  
0001: wait 0 ms
00D6: if 0
0256:   player $PLAYER_CHAR defined
004D: jump_if_false ££LabelGiveRewards
;055B: $548 = create_clothes_pickup  12 at -382.6 -585.9  25.3
;03E5: text_box "c*ntY";; New clothes delivered to the Vercetti Estate!
055E: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR max_health +=  50
055F: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR max_armour +=  50
035E: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR armour_to  250
0222: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR health_to  250
03E5: text_box "HELP61";; You now have limitless ammo and double health on all vehicles.
014C: set_parked_car_generator $CAR15 cars_to_generate_to 101 //Hunter at Atlantic Quays
004E: end_thread

(The * has to be replaced with 'u' of course)

I've included the T-Shirt code just in case (could be a nice finishing touch to let it spawn somewhere).
Anything else that should happen at 100%?

Download the current script!

EDIT: Removed the unnecessary WAIT line, the download has been updated. Please re-download.

johnny404
  • johnny404

(ノゝ∀・)~キラ☆

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

in LCS you find all bikes in Portland in the Traffic why in LC no?? tounge.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 May 2007 - 06:22 PM

Because this is NOT the LCS conversion mod? sarcasm.gif
Faggios will cruise ( tounge.gif ) on Portland, the others won't.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:42 PM Edited by Konstantinos, 06 May 2007 - 11:32 PM.

Here is an even more up-to-date version of the script tounge.gif

I just made some small changes to SteaVor's version:
  • He forgot to delete the lines that would spawn both Hunters after unlocking SSV (completing 'A drop in the ocean'), regardless of other things.
  • Hunter at Phil's will now spawn as a 100 HPs reward, AND / OR after completing The Exchange. That was already in the code and we should keep it that way.
  • The max health/armor increase after 100% should be +100, not +50. VC has +50 because you get the initial +50 for completing Pizzaboy/Vigilante, but that's not LC's case. Also, it should be set to 200, not 250. It's irrelevant how much you have in debug mode.
  • And I took the liberty city of adding one more unused VC bonus for 100% - making player fireproof.

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:48 AM

@Kon and SteaVor - Great work guys icon14.gif . I think that should be the correct settings for everything (Kon, I'm fine with you taking that liberty wink.gif ).

That should only leave the weapons and interiors (which I will probably check out in my next lot of uni holidays in July).

What about the minor features - are they all correct (as per the notes in the first post)?

smile.gif

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:03 AM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 6 2007, 23:42)
The max health/armor increase after 100% should be +100, not +50. VC has +50 because you get the initial +50 for completing Pizzaboy/Vigilante, but that's not LC's case.
Yeah, I thought these rewards would still be in (not realizing that it's probably quite hard to find a PIZZABOY in LC ph34r.gif )
Also, it should be set to 200, not 250. It's irrelevant how much you have in debug mode.
I just set it to the highest value that can be achieved. It has no negative side effects because health/armor won't go over the repective limits, regardless of what you're passing these 2 opcodes as arguments - you can possibly write 'health += 500', and it will still only display 200.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:05 AM

QUOTE (Ben @ May 7 2007, 06:48)
What about the minor features - are they all correct (as per the notes in the first post)? smile.gif

QUOTE (1st post)
No helicopters until SSV is unlocked, windscreens breakable, tyres poppable, motorcycles available throughout the game, etc. Make sure that the rewards from vigilante, paramedic, fire fighter, taxi missions are the same as GTA3

All non-hunter copters spawn after ADITO. Windscreens are breakable and tires popable unless it's overriden for certain cars in missions where it would cause trouble. Bikes are available through the game (now more of them than before wink.gif ) Vehicle missions work exactly like GTA3.
So yeah, "minor vc features" can be ticked off.

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

• And I took the liberty city of adding one more unused VC bonus for 100% - making player fireproof.

Shouldn't the corresponding textbox be included to make the player aware of that feature?

Ben
  • Ben

Retired

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:14 PM

QUOTE (Konstantinos @ May 7 2007, 19:05)
QUOTE (Ben @ May 7 2007, 06:48)
What about the minor features - are they all correct (as per the notes in the first post)? smile.gif

QUOTE (1st post)
No helicopters until SSV is unlocked, windscreens breakable, tyres poppable, motorcycles available throughout the game, etc. Make sure that the rewards from vigilante, paramedic, fire fighter, taxi missions are the same as GTA3

All non-hunter copters spawn after ADITO. Windscreens are breakable and tires popable unless it's overriden for certain cars in missions where it would cause trouble. Bikes are available through the game (now more of them than before wink.gif ) Vehicle missions work exactly like GTA3.
So yeah, "minor vc features" can be ticked off.

Thanks mate - tis good to hear smile.gif .

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 8 2007, 05:47)

Shouldn't the corresponding textbox be included to make the player aware of that feature?

I agree - can that be fixed up please (drop a link in here to the latest SCM package if you like wink.gif )? Thanks smile.gif .

When this has been sorted, I'll lock this up with a note about what still has to be integrated (that is, the weapons and interiors (whenever/if they get made) - nothing can be done about these until I get around to checking them out). That should be the end of the issue of VC features then wink.gif .

SteaVor
  • SteaVor

Professional investor

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:16 AM

Hmm, the textbox might be a problem - we'll need to call GXT table 'FIRETRK' (no problem), but the actual message - 'FIREPRO' - reads "Fire Truck Mission level 12 complete. You are now completely fireproof!!". This means that the string would have to be edited in all GXTs or we're adding a new one to the MAIN table... One way or another, all GXTs have to be edited for the textbox to make sense.

Konstantinos
  • Konstantinos

Just passing by

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 07:53 AM Edited by Konstantinos, 08 May 2007 - 08:33 AM.

QUOTE (SteaVor @ May 8 2007, 08:16)
Hmm, the textbox might be a problem - we'll need to call GXT table 'FIRETRK' (no problem), but the actual message - 'FIREPRO' - reads "Fire Truck Mission level 12 complete. You are now completely fireproof!!". This means that the string would have to be edited in all GXTs or we're adding a new one to the MAIN table... One way or another, all GXTs have to be edited for the textbox to make sense.

Wouldn't it be better to just edit HELP61 to say:
"You now have limitless ammo and double health on all vehicles. You are now completely fireproof!!" ?
Ben, if you think that the fireproofness was a bad idea, feel free to scrap it. I just thought that the player should have all the extra abilities as in VC after he has no more missions to play, so he could have some fun wreaking havoc. rampage_ani.gif smile.gif
Also, PAGEB10 (100 HP message) should be changed to say that Hunter is available from Phil's.

EDIT:
BTW, you DO realize that our Hunter spawning setup is different from VC, right? Because there it works like this:
- when you find 100 HPs OR complete the final mission (Keep your friends close...), one will spawn at the army base
- when you fulfil the other of these two conditions, another one will spawn at Ocean Beach.
It is not tied to 100%.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users