Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unwanted Features

168 replies to this topic

Poll: Unwanted Features (560 member(s) have cast votes)

Unwanted Features

1. girlfriends (115 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

2. dancing (78 votes [15.12%])

Percentage of vote: 15.12%

3. timed races (62 votes [12.02%])

Percentage of vote: 12.02%

4. gangsta! drop yo pants and defend the hood! (124 votes [24.03%])

Percentage of vote: 24.03%

5. fiendishly difficult to control RCs (137 votes [26.55%])

Percentage of vote: 26.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
numdmind
  • numdmind

numdmind

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 10:42 AM

QUOTE (Nikofan112 @ May 5 2007, 21:09)
I hated rampages too. I man, 1 man taking out 30 people with a rpg he finds lying in the street?

Seriously? Those were the best distractions. And then they made it better in Vice City Stories by letting you do them over again. That was the only thing about San Andreas that I had a problem with - No Rampages.
The races...come on guys. The races are fun. Actually, I'm going to have to go ahead and completely disagree with everything you guys are suggesting they take out.
Granted, a lot of the areas you all seem to dislike could use some tweaking, but I have fun with all of them. I just don't understand why you guys play GTA at all if you don't like over half of the features.
Ok, wait, I have one other complaint about San Andreas. The whole government conspiracy thing really didn't fit in with the series background. The Truth's conspiracy theories were sort of amusing, but just didn't fit in...Same thing with Mike Toreno. I loved the character, it just didn't seem to fit the theme of GTA having you run all these errands for a government agent. So, if they could leave the conspiracies for another game, that would be great.
The girlfriends had a few bonuses, but I'm sure all of you are aware that you could completely ignore the girlfriends altogether if you wanted to. Only two of them were required in the game. You could even kill Millie and wait a little bit to get what you needed from her.
So, that's enough of me rambling, but it sounds to me like you guys don't want another GTA at all, since you've stated so blatantly that you don't want any of the side missions at all apparently.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (numdmind @ May 9 2007, 11:42)
So, that's enough of me rambling, but it sounds to me like you guys don't want another GTA at all, since you've stated so blatantly that you don't want any of the side missions at all apparently.

That's too harsh. Since we are all wasting time here we are all, in one way or another, fans of GTA. But I'm not saying that GTA is perfect. It isn't. And the above list is just an indication of things that GTA fans found irritating in previous GTA (with the implied hope that R* won't include them again).

I agree with you on rampages. They are a fantastic aspect of the game, and San Andreas suffered from not having them. In my opinion they should return and be more varied: kill X gang members, destroy X number of this type of car, drop X bombs from model aircraft, destroy X shopfronts and so on and so forth...

Rello
  • Rello

Stoney Cruiser

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

Out of these selections I would say the RC cars, but in my OWN opinion I think they need to leave out the territory attacks which come at the wrong times and from far destinations randomly...

ARGH I SAY!

Comrade_Niko
  • Comrade_Niko

My day will come..... on October 16.

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 12:47 PM

Dancing

I just don't see an east-european bad-guy getting his groove on.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:05 PM

QUOTE (Rello @ May 9 2007, 13:37)
Out of these selections I would say the RC cars, but in my OWN opinion I think they need to leave out the territory attacks which come at the wrong times and from far destinations randomly...

That's covered by "Gangsta drop yo pants...". Pity if you've already voted.

In my opinion that should be at the top of the list. Forcing you to stop what you're doing, cross the map, and kill a generic number of purple/yellow guys in a generic formation using generic weapons just to retain a nondescript piece of map is just lame. I stopped doing that in fact. As I stopped playing the gangsta missions in the end. I am proud to say I didn't finish SA's storyline. It was too bloody lame.

Rello
  • Rello

Stoney Cruiser

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

Oh, I just figured it meant the black gangbangers...

Guy shoulda been more specific with that one...

Sounded like he just wanted the ghetto hoods to be gone, all I read was "gangsta! drop yo pants" the rest musta been cut off or I'm too stoned...

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 02:14 PM Edited by farrugia, 09 May 2007 - 02:29 PM.

It's
gangsta! drop yo pants and defend the hood!

I must say I'm a little disappointed by the current results of the popular vote. I can see why Rockstar's Girlfriends should be universally reviled, but hating RC and accepting the pathetic land-grab system? Come on. I believe a lot of you will simply agree with anything that has "gangsta" or "hood" written on it. How very lame. How immensely ridiculous. I also believe a number of you hate RCs just because they don't allow you to get to 100% in the shortest time possible. To you, probably, they're a waste of time. The reality is, though, that Remotely Controlled vehicles were only lame as far as the mission coding went. The idea in itself is stupendous. It is fresh and innovative. I very much prefer to spend hours terrorising civilians using little robots than to dress up my character as a ballerina or drag queen. And unlike having him obese and wearing pantyhose, having your main character pilot little vehicles to achieve his objective detracts nothing from the overall game aura.

Grow up kids.

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 07:47 PM

Timed checkpoint races where you're not even racing anybody. Girlfriends were annoying, too, just give us some other mission to get the vehicles/abilities (I'd take timed checkpoint races to get them over girlfriends, actually.)

Dancing was okay and a neat little minigame, it was just because it was tied in with the girlfriends that it was horrible.

I'd pass on having to eat food, too, and body customization (except mebbe hairstyle, and tattoos, I suppose, it's just that SA had such a horrible selection of tattoos I didn't even bother with it, plus I preferred wearing clothes in that game as opposed to going barechested). It needs clothes customization, though (and not just seperate outfits, I want to pick and choose which and which clothing like in SA).

Himuro
  • Himuro

Waka Gashira Blowout!

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:24 PM

All of those are good ones except timed races. I like those.

UnitedDestruction
  • UnitedDestruction

The Dude

• Members

Posted 12 May 2007 - 08:37 PM

Defending my "hood" constantly was a big one...

The only girlfriends that bothered me were the ones that you were required to date to complete missions or move on with the story line (i dont really go for 100% that much)

and the requirement to eat, if i didnt have to do it it wouldnt be such a bad thing

TTT4
  • TTT4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:52 AM

rahkstar2.gif How about the ability to drive job vehicles like buses, police cars, fire trucks, and trains?

Fluid Rockstar
  • Fluid Rockstar

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:57 AM

I remember being stuck on a mission on SA when you have to destroy 5 vans with a gas limit.... using a RC plane.

TubbyJ
  • TubbyJ

Happy crack

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 01:19 AM

Girlfriends, timed racing missions, and those damned RC missions. I hated those things. The girlfriends was really stupid, you did the same damn thing over and over again with no variation. The timed missions made me wanna destroy my PS2, and the RC's were so f*ckin' hard to control it was like guiding a blind kid with ear muffs on. Not cool, almost dragged GTA down for me.

zacn138
  • zacn138

"Nigggguuuh"

• Members

Posted 25 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

gangsta! drop yo pants and defend the hood!

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:25 PM

Girlfriends.
Has to be the saddest feature in any game.
If you want a girlfriend, there are plenty out there in the REAL WORLD.

KillerKabel
  • KillerKabel

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:32 PM

You should add one that said, all of the above...

It would get 95% of the votes... IMO atleast...

ak-4seven
  • ak-4seven

Playa

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:40 PM

definately difficult to control RCs

cps82
  • cps82

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 8 2008, 18:25)
Girlfriends.

Good bump! biggrin.gif

Too late for Girlfriends to be out though... besides gives you a reason to keep your car in good nick and clean your teeth colgate.gif after eating all that steak.

Defending turf for me. devil.gif

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:04 PM

QUOTE (cps82 @ Jan 8 2008, 18:47)
Girlfriends.

Good bump! biggrin.gif

Too late for Girlfriends to be out though... besides gives you a reason to keep your car in good nick and clean your teeth colgate.gif after eating all that steak.

Oh whoops! I didn't see that I bumped it hehe.
I just saw a link to it from GTAIV.net

Yes I am aware that it has pretty much been confirmed, but
hopefully it will not be required to complete the main storyline.
It was one of the main things that pissed me off about SA, and after
having this horny bitch forced upon me, I promtly picked her up, drove to a quiet location and pumped
her full of shotgun rounds.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:07 PM

I want them all. Is this a bad thing?

*C-Note*
  • *C-Note*

Original Gangster

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:14 PM

I hate RC missions. Why a man like CJ had to fly toy planes?
I hope there's no RC missions in GTA IV. Can you imagine Niko flying a toy plane? Please.
Also I don't want any timed races. My driving is fine,but something always distracts me.
Also the girlfriend feature was dumb. That was so boring. I think I accidentally killed all of them biggrin.gif

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (*C-Note* @ Jan 8 2008, 19:14)
I hate RC missions. Why a man like CJ had to fly toy planes?
I hope there's no RC missions in GTA IV. Can you imagine Niko flying a toy plane? Please.
Also I don't want any timed races. My driving is fine,but something always distracts me.
Also the girlfriend feature was dumb. That was so boring. I think I accidentally killed all of them  biggrin.gif

"Accidentally" biggrin.gif
I follow ya lol

cps82
  • cps82

D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F.

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 8 2008, 19:04)
Girlfriends.

Good bump! biggrin.gif

having this horny bitch forced upon me, I promtly picked her up, drove to a quiet location and pumped

By the looks of the trailers it will be in the storyline. I didn't mind it too much. And as you said she/they were satisfying to get rid of. I personally preferred the katana.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (cps82 @ Jan 8 2008, 20:05)
QUOTE (fishermanGTA @ Jan 8 2008, 19:04)
Girlfriends.

Good bump! biggrin.gif

By the looks of the trailers it will be in the storyline. I didn't mind it too much. And as you said she/they were satisfying to get rid of. I personally preferred the katana.

Yeah the katana is always great.
Another great one is driving her to the abandoned
airstrip, driving just far enough away so she cant catch you, getting into
a plane and crash it into her.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:07 PM

Time races by a Welsh mile.

mickymozza
  • mickymozza

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:47 PM

Where's the button for All Of The Above?

Le_Joker
  • Le_Joker

Patron Saint of Greed and Deception

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 09:57 PM

Heh. This is old.

Anyways...

Girlfriends -- I think if they implement it better, it could stick well.

Eating -- Confirmed to be out, I think. :-/ Can't he do that during the six off-panel hours that go by when we save?

Gangs -- Pretty much definitely out, considering it's not a "gansta!" game.

Dancing -- >.> dozingoff.gif

RC's and Timed Races -- <.< Hey, gotta have some challenge

punkarslusk
  • punkarslusk

Back to Gta SA..

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:00 PM

dancing sux confused.gif

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Rick88 @ May 4 2007, 04:25)
Girlfriends and Eating

Two things that IMO. Made SA really annoying to play. Thank God for the "never hungry" cheat tounge.gif

Haha I still remember this thread, I made one of the post on the first page ^ tounge.gif

Now that I think about it, the eating in SA wasn't that bad, but it did have the worst timing on you.

xCOMMANDOx
  • xCOMMANDOx

Infamous

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 10:17 PM

i hate the frackin timed races! angry.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users