Quantcast

» «
Photo

Unwanted Features

168 replies to this topic

Poll: Unwanted Features (560 member(s) have cast votes)

Unwanted Features

1. girlfriends (115 votes [22.29%])

Percentage of vote: 22.29%

2. dancing (78 votes [15.12%])

Percentage of vote: 15.12%

3. timed races (62 votes [12.02%])

Percentage of vote: 12.02%

4. gangsta! drop yo pants and defend the hood! (124 votes [24.03%])

Percentage of vote: 24.03%

5. fiendishly difficult to control RCs (137 votes [26.55%])

Percentage of vote: 26.55%

Vote Guests cannot vote
G twenty-nine
  • G twenty-nine

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:20 AM

Girlfriends! It was completely pointless for me, I never once had one..

Err, in GTA.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

The most "Unwanted Feature" right now is girlfriends. Glad to see GTA fans don't want the game as a substitute for their real life. tounge.gif

Anything that gives a decent reward is good for me.

Depends on what you have to do for it. If it's too much of a hassle to obtain the rewards, then it's not much of a reward is it?

xygtaxy
  • xygtaxy

IM AN EMO KID NUTHIN 4 ME AS CAN BE

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:42 PM

I Thought it was fun having girlfriends, I Had all 6 at one time, I would be in one city and get a call from a chick in another city, fly over in a plane, pick her up take her on a date, tae her home and see the action....cough..cough codes...cough....lol

It was very annoying, but it was kind of fun...sometimes....but I rather not have stupid timed races they piss me off so much....>:(

I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT
  • I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:00 PM

i dont want killing people, i dont want guns. i want tedddy beras

GTA SAS
  • GTA SAS

Snitch

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 07:53 PM

QUOTE (I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT @ May 7 2007, 18:00)

WHAT! GUNS ARE THE MAIN THING IN GTA! AND KILLING PEOPLE ARE ALSO THE MAIN THING TOO! ARE YOU NUTS!?

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 09:00 PM

Actually, since its Grand Theft Auto cars are the main thing. Weapons come second. Killing people ties at second place too. ANd don't forget pony-farming.

GROVE ST. FAMILIY
  • GROVE ST. FAMILIY

The G From Grove Street

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (I_LIVE_IN_COMPTON_AND_GOT_SHOT @ May 7 2007, 18:00)

Dawg your on drugs thats what GTA is

Crokey
  • Crokey

Builders Like Erections

• Zaibatsu
  • Belize
  • Best Poster [Sports] 2014
    Worst Tits 2014
    Last ever poster in a public area on the old forum

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:40 PM

For those that mentioned RC's as a like, thank you, I got to page 3 and was thinking I was the only one who liked, nee loved them. People seemed to think that Supply Lines from San Andreas was hard, when I got to it, I completed it first time round and was thinking 'whats all the fuss about, that was a piece of p*ss'

It wasn't on the Poll, although I voted Dancing as that was pointless, but three words...

Para-Fe*king-Medic

Unless it's like way it was done in VCS, save every 5 levels, that should get tae...

badcompany8888
  • badcompany8888

Its a myth

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:04 AM

You know what? I'd say leave it all in. I never liked RC missions, or BMX missions, but they never bothered me that they were there. I didn't have to do them if I didn't want to. rahkstar2.gif would be stupid to remove such features such as eating and girlfriends, because some people do like them. Just keep it optional. No one is forcing you to go on all those stupid dancing dates (i agree it gets old) so leave it in for those who do.

GROVE ST. FAMILIY
  • GROVE ST. FAMILIY

The G From Grove Street

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:04 AM

QUOTE (badcompany8888 @ May 8 2007, 00:04)
You know what? I'd say leave it all in. I never liked RC missions, or BMX missions, but they never bothered me that they were there. I didn't have to do them if I didn't want to. rahkstar2.gif would be stupid to remove such features such as eating and girlfriends, because some people do like them. Just keep it optional. No one is forcing you to go on all those stupid dancing dates (i agree it gets old) so leave it in for those who do.

You know i kind of agree to what your saying but kind of not because for thoose who like it would eventually get boared of it cause i did. I liked those missions at first but it pissed me off!! lol.gif

Hayden Stasven
  • Hayden Stasven

Bill Watterson's Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:34 AM

I'd like to say all of the above. None of those things appealed to me, and I'd appreciate it if Rockstar Games would not feature them in GTA IV.

Molotiv
  • Molotiv

Prankster

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:45 AM

I hate RC!!!! I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, even when you have to gun them down I hate it, I hate it, I hate it, I hate it!!!

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members
  • Wales

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:03 AM

RC are so easy i can not understand how you guys are having problems with them...

Dancing, thought i dont have problems with that myself but it lags on slow computers so screw it

sparky63
  • sparky63

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:02 PM

I don't see the fuss over RC missions either. Sure they may be a little hard for some and they do get frustrating, but so was stowaway (chase plane on bike) on a slow computer.

miejas
  • miejas

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:43 PM Edited by miejas, 08 May 2007 - 12:47 PM.

QUOTE (Supernautus @ May 5 2007, 13:44)
A chase is only as good as you make it, do cooler stuff while running away from the cops if you want cooler chases.

Chases would be better if the cops sometimes actually would block the whole road (including the sidewalks) in stead of just one lane.

RC missions were one of the easiest in the game. biggrin.gif

free_to_view
  • free_to_view

GTA BOSS OF ALL BOSSES AND PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:48 PM

I don't want to see any of the RC's in GTA4. They was so annoying angry.gif

I completed it but it took a few tries tounge.gif

Bring on GTA4, hopefully it comes to PC or I can't play it mad.gif And before anyone starts, Yes I can effort a console but PC is better

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Wise old Yardie

• Members
  • Jamaica

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:47 PM

RC missions weren`t hard. But damn they were anoying. And dancing was done lame and stupid as hell. Not to mention girlfriends. Those features were so boooooooring and frustrating. Also time missions were stupid. I killed every CJ`s girlfriend after they bought me a suit.

Girlfriend> i have a present for u CJ
CJ> wow, a costume. I got a present for u too baby
Girlfriend> oh yea, end what`s that
CJ> Now this is gonna crack u up. A gun

..........Bang Bang.............

[NEMESIS]
  • [NEMESIS]

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

RC, now this is the stupidest thing ever. Where have they seen idea of criminals destroying building by RC helicopters. That's just stupid...

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:09 PM

QUOTE ([NEMESIS] @ May 8 2007, 16:06)
RC, now this is the stupidest thing ever. Where have they seen idea of criminals destroying building by RC helicopters. That's just stupid...

No it isn't. It is perfectly believable. If you get a toy plane and stick a lump of C4 on it you've got a kamikaze weapon that can cause extreme havoc. Similarly for an RC car. The whole RC aspect can be taken to the "gritty, realistic" level without losing any of its fun. It wouldn't be cartoonish RCs wobbling around and hitting stuff. They'll be (little) machines of death.

tetris11
  • tetris11

Tetrisius Elevenus

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

monocle.gif T'was quite distressing to a dear gentleman such as myself to find that the ethereal man I was controlling wouldn't SHUT THE F*** UP. OMG IT PISSED ME OFF TO HAVE MY MODDED CHARACTER SPEAKING ALL SORTS OF SH*T IN THAT ANNOYING VOICE OF HIS. It was a trifle upsettting monocle.gif

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:49 PM

I hate the dancing in San Andreas. You should be able to dance, but it shouldn't be a mini game that lasts like 5 minutes. It should be free-style dancing, where you can do anything you want, pressing different buttons to move in different ways. And if the song is right, you should be able to grind up on a girl and get your freak on, dry-humping her and stuff. And then that will lead to you-know-what.

TheCollector
  • TheCollector

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:51 PM

RC missions are/were(hopefully) the worst idea ever.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (TheCollector @ May 8 2007, 16:51)

Why?!!! *frustration*

Apart from unwieldy controls, which can be improved, I haven't seen a single argument stating why RC missions/kill frenzies are a bad idea.

T'was quite distressing to a dear gentleman such as myself to find that the ethereal man I was controlling wouldn't SHUT THE F*** UP. OMG IT PISSED ME OFF TO HAVE MY MODDED CHARACTER SPEAKING ALL SORTS OF SH*T IN THAT ANNOYING VOICE OF HIS. It was a trifle upsettting

^^What he said^^

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (farrugia @ May 8 2007, 16:05)
QUOTE (TheCollector @ May 8 2007, 16:51)

Why?!!! *frustration*

Apart from unwieldy controls, which can be improved, I haven't seen a single argument stating why RC missions/kill frenzies are a bad idea.

T'was quite distressing to a dear gentleman such as myself to find that the ethereal man I was controlling wouldn't SHUT THE F*** UP. OMG IT PISSED ME OFF TO HAVE MY MODDED CHARACTER SPEAKING ALL SORTS OF SH*T IN THAT ANNOYING VOICE OF HIS. It was a trifle upsettting

^^What he said^^

I think he said missions as in missions you HAVE to do... like Supply Lines. Even if they fixed the PS2 related short fuel supply and the unwieldy controls, it's also a boring mission. If it was only an optional thing no one would complain.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:40 PM

QUOTE (soleil @ May 8 2007, 17:15)
I think he said missions as in missions you HAVE to do... like Supply Lines. Even if they fixed the PS2 related short fuel supply and the unwieldy controls, it's also a boring mission. If it was only an optional thing no one would complain.

Supply Lines had you doing things in RC planes that you normally do on foot/by car in other missions. It wasn't terribly boring, just too challenging for its own good. And the fuel meter was a stupid idea. I hate it when they artificially make missions difficult just so that people spend more time on them. The Area 69 mission was difficult, but enjoyably so. I didn't mind if I was shot dead and had to start again, or if by bumbling ignorance I strayed into the spotlights. It was a challenging mission, but enjoyable. No need for gimmicks.

Personally I wouldn't mind the return of RC missions, even in the storyline, provided they have decent controls that make the RC vehicles easy and fun to drive/fly. (K^2, I said fly. Rockstar didn't say RC planes were out.) And I'd love the return of killer RC Kill Frenzies.

TheCollector
  • TheCollector

Thug

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:37 PM

They're boring. The controls are CRAP.
It NEVER fits into the storyline..EVER !

They're just crap..I mean come on. CJ ? A 'gangster' Oooh..let's fly RC planes wow.gif

Hurricane5
  • Hurricane5

Abgoosht Forever

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:39 PM

I'd have to go with, all of the above.

The racing wasn't that bad, as it was similar to a street race. If they could work on the racing feature and make it more like a street race, I'd probably enjoy it.

But I am not playing the goddamn sims. I don't want to eat, dance, sh*t, and play with toys.

farrugia
  • farrugia

is now dead. RIP

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (TheCollector @ May 8 2007, 18:37)
They're boring. The controls are CRAP.
It NEVER fits into the storyline..EVER !

They're just crap..I mean come on. CJ ? A 'gangster' Oooh..let's fly RC planes wow.gif

I agree with you on the controls, just imagine how crap they are on the PC.

As regards the storyline, that's not the RC's fault but the script writer's fault. Sure, they didn't fit much into CJ's storyline but then what did? Stealing alien technology from a secret military base? Sneaking onto an aircraft carrier and getting away with a jet fighter? Don't tell me that's gangsta.

GTA is a game and as such it is there for us to have fun playing with. In my opinion RC vehicles are extremely cool, especially when fitted with weapons. Repeating myself, they are little machines of death. Fun and deadly. Come on, even the US military is using RC planes in its war against terror! And, as I said previously, just a little careful thought on Rockstar's part could come with a suitable explanation of why we are using an explosive laden toy-plane to destroy this bugger's new flat instead of going there and doing it ourselves.

elias2k2
  • elias2k2

Trick

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

Dancing was pointless.

GROVE ST. FAMILIY
  • GROVE ST. FAMILIY

The G From Grove Street

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (elias2k2 @ May 8 2007, 18:08)
Dancing was pointless.

It was pretty fun to me. It was kind of a challenge just like the lowrider missions

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users