Photo

Publicity Tour

10 replies to this topic
waterdown3
  • waterdown3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 12:26 AM

hi i'm stuck on the mission in gta vice city where the slower i go the bomb will blow i can't seem to get the rock guys to were they want to go because the car keeps blowing up then right when they disarbed the bomb the car exploded and mean while my car was going fast as heck angry.gif has this ever hapened to any one?

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:18 AM

That's not usual. I shouldn't have to ask, but are you using any modifications? Even something as innocent as a cheat disc or trainer could be the source of the problem here.

Topic title edited to better reflect contents. Please put more effort into your choice of title in future.

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:29 PM Edited by Ring_of_Fire, 02 May 2007 - 02:10 PM.

It shouldn't explode if you get the "Bomb Diffused" message. Most likely the bomb exploded because you got into a crash or didn't take a certain corner properly, and so the bomb exploded because you slowed down.

Try again, because I don't know really know what to say about a Vice City game that doesn't have no mods or problems whatsoever - but this...

To make the mission easier: Type in the "Slower gameplay" cheatcode and while you are driving, press on the F1 key. Immediately after each brief character scripts, press it again and press on F1 key immediately to go back into replay! Of course, this mission can be passed near to the V-Rock concert without taking a single corner. (Applies only for the PC version which you should be obviously using). biggrin.gif

Easy "Publicity Tour" mission for PS2/Xbox
Type in the "Slower gameplay" cheatcode

Easy "Publicity Tour" mission for PC
Just keep tapping on F1! Or you could double the effect by slowing down gameplay as well.

Once I see a post that seems ridiculous to happen, this is how I go about helping "noobs". Say out all of the latter. colgate.gif

Well I don't really mind, since it makes the thread more interesting and entertaining to actually find a solution to the problem. So this is why I post to see if I'll probably help out the thread starter as this is what makes the actual thread challenging to deal with. The fun part is when you solved the "problem", just as how it's fun to get 100% in a GTA game.

Just in case Demarest posts here, I'll suggest using his Time Vault code tool to pass the mission!

WillzyyyGTA
  • WillzyyyGTA

Trick

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:29 PM

Cheats could corse glitches like that. notify.gif Do you mean after the bomb has been disabled it still blows up????? notify.gif notify.gif Very weird, I'll think.

waterdown3
  • waterdown3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

by the way ring of fire i'm not a "noob" it's just that before i found out of this site my gta game has been going crazy with scew ups and stuff i mean serouliy i have beaten gta liberty city and all those other gta games ecept san adrans and never this has happened to me i never use cheats that much only ones like the wanted level cheat to get rid of the cops but not as much as the others i mean soo far the only thing u help me with was when i had the problem with the peds riot cheat but i got rid of that by doing what u said getting a 6 star wanted level plus going on a ped killing spree thx

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:33 AM

I meant "noob" in terms of the question (computer problem) being asked for us here at GTAForums to solve! Not in any way related to gameplay skills.

QUOTE (waterdown3)
i mean soo far the only thing u help me with was when i had the problem with the peds riot cheat but i got rid of that by doing what u said getting a 6 star wanted level plus going on a ped killing spree thx

You know I tried that and it's not supposed to work. If you load up your game again, it should be back to chaos around Vice City. Well my fix works only for a limited time, but I'll try find ways to do a glitch which stops pedestrians from spawning I suppose.

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (will99 @ May 2 2007, 14:29)
Cheats could corse glitches like that.

Name one.

@ROF: A newbie is somebody that is new. A noob is somebody that is irritating, often because they're either ignorant of netiquette or because they're inconsiderate of others. You can avoid the confusion if you avoid labels altogether as even using the right one can come off as condescending to somebody who takes it the wrong way wink.gif Oh, and you posted cheats. This is the Gameplay forum. One day, I'll ween you off this not addressing the actual issue tounge.gif

If the bomb's been defused, there's no chance of the code blowing it up. If it blows up afterwards, you've likely wrecked the car. The only other POSSIBLE item (and I don't at all believe this to be the case) is use of a trainer. I know there's certain conditions in SA that if I have the Admin Console running with a specific feature on, my car blows up instantly. Took me a while to figure out why that was. I've not seen this in VC and nothing about that mission at all suggests that could be an issue.

waterdown3
  • waterdown3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:39 PM

BUT STILL U SEE THAT THE TOPIC IS ABOUT A MISSION AND THE OTHER THING IS THAT THE 6 STAR WANTED LEVEL/KILLING SPREE ONLY SO HAPPENS TO WORK ON PC

waterdown3
  • waterdown3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

AND DEMRAST I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND OUT HOW I USE UR TIME VAULT THING COULD U POSSIBLY EXPLAIN IT TO ME? juST WONDERING THX? colgate.gif rahkstar2.gif GAME ON! cool.gif

waterdown3
  • waterdown3

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (waterdown3 @ May 3 2007, 23:42)
AND DEMRAST I CAN'T SEEM TO FIND OUT HOW I USE UR TIME VAULT THING COULD U POSSIBLY EXPLAIN IT TO ME? juST WONDERING THX? colgate.gif rahkstar2.gif GAME ON! cool.gif

OHH HEAH GUEST DUDE

Demarest
  • Demarest

what could be

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:01 AM

You don't need caps. Or to triple post. Just edit your post if you need to add something.

The instructions can be found on the page you downloaded it from. Follow them, and you should have no problem. If there's something about the instructions that you're uncertain of, list for me what you did and which part is confusing you. Be specific.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users