» «
Photo

4 out of the 5 boroughs-WTF

85 replies to this topic
SI MoViE StAr
  • SI MoViE StAr

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:28 PM Edited by SI MoViE StAr, 05 May 2007 - 03:32 PM.

Well one reason I would surely give as to why they should include Staten Island is that we have all the country and parkland that others borough lack. Staten Island has the most parkland of all the 5 boroughs and the tallest mountain on the entire eastern seaboard!

Atop the Staten Island Greenbelt Trail, Moses Mountain (Still within New York City Limits)
user posted image

Todt Hill..I think the picture says it for itself
user posted image
user posted image

user posted image

Toad Of Toad Hill - You'd Never Believe You're In NYC
Heyerdahl Hill in Staten Island
Richmond Terrace (North "Industrialized" Shore Of Staten Island)
Todt Hill
Staten Island Railway and Corresponding Neighborhoods

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:34 PM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 5 2007, 03:35)
QUOTE (padmoi @ May 4 2007, 18:29)
miami is just another city, it doesn't stand out as much as say london or detroit/boston does in present time.

ENOUGH people, what is it with you and london angry.gif ???

what is it with you people and vice.

i think my ferry question has been answered.

rainmaker
  • rainmaker

Don't choke when you stoke!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:02 PM

QUOTE (SI MoViE StAr @ May 5 2007, 15:28)
Well one reason I would surely give as to why they should include Staten Island is that we have all the country and parkland that others borough lack. Staten Island has the most parkland of all the 5 boroughs and the tallest mountain on the entire eastern seaboard!

And how will this make gameplay more fun?
Roaming about the hills like a raving madman!

Have you no motivation, sir? biggrin.gif

On the real, though, it's pointless to have Staten Island just because of "valuable" land and a nice golf course and a high peak, blah, blah, blah - what exactly could you do? Staten Island would do nothing but a waste of space in my opinion.

Though it would be good for a quick bout of boredom to just check things out, I'm glad Rockstar opted out of Staten Island and included New Jersey.

New Jersey - more than just New York's trash!

SI MoViE StAr
  • SI MoViE StAr

Rat

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

QUOTE (rainmaker @ May 5 2007, 16:02)
QUOTE (SI MoViE StAr @ May 5 2007, 15:28)

And how will this make gameplay more fun?
Roaming about the hills like a raving madman!

Have you no motivation, sir? biggrin.gif

On the real, though, it's pointless to have Staten Island just because of "valuable" land and a nice golf course and a high peak, blah, blah, blah - what exactly could you do? Staten Island would do nothing but a waste of space in my opinion.

Though it would be good for a quick bout of boredom to just check things out, I'm glad Rockstar opted out of Staten Island and included New Jersey.

New Jersey - more than just New York's trash!

Honestly, I have no idea. moto_whistle.gif I saw people complaining in another post about how this Liberty City will be almost like Stillwater in Saint's Row in that there's only houses, buildings, skycrapers, etc. everywhere and nowhere to escape that like in San Andreas.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:58 PM Edited by Ph3L1z14n0, 06 May 2007 - 04:16 PM.

QUOTE (padmoi @ May 5 2007, 15:34)
miami is just another city, it doesn't stand out as much as say london or detroit/boston does in present time.

What is it with me and vice???, drugs, weapons, scarface, CSI

the only crap about london was the good movie "Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels", but england has tight laws on weapons, the architecture is too f*ckin old it's not a big metropolis like LC or VC, and crime goes as far as smugglers or gangbangers confused.gif , london WAS a gta city and a crappy one at that:angry:

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 6 2007, 15:58)
QUOTE (padmoi @ May 5 2007, 15:34)

What is it with me and vice???, drugs, weapons, scarface, CSI

the only crap about london was the good movie "Lock Stock And Two Smoking Barrels", but england has tight laws on weapons, the architecture is too f*ckin old it's not a big metropolis like LC or VC, and crime goes as far as smugglers or gangbangers confused.gif , london WAS a gta city and a crappy one at that:angry:

stfu making a london vs vice arguement, i'll give you the benifit of the doubt cause your new, read the ''LONDON DOSSIER THREAD''. you know nothing about london.

END of discussion.

on topic, i liked messing around in the forest in san andreas, but i found saints row to be more or less the same all round.... as in suburbia.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (padmoi @ May 6 2007, 23:29)
stfu making a london vs vice arguement, i'll give you the benifit of the doubt cause your new

f*ck you, it's BENEFIT and i have more posts than you confused.gif

As for the missing borough, my opinion from the pictures is that if staten island is not a metropolis-like-area, then the fun of IV could be focused on the things you can do in the city, i don't know what, but it surely is something we cannot do in staten, start thinkin people, this could be a good giveaway from Houser!!!

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:14 AM Edited by Ph3L1z14n0, 07 May 2007 - 12:18 AM.

Sorry for the double post but has anyone thought that the fifth borough could be something different than staten???, some dude who was tracking deepthroat pointed it could be Bogota (episodic content), you could obviously travel there somehow, i know the topic is precisely about staten but...

islandk
  • islandk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:43 AM Edited by islandk, 07 May 2007 - 02:48 AM.

user posted image

Thats whats "New jersey" Is going to be modeled after of. Jersey City.

After Jersey City New JErsey Is Just A Huge Swamp.

And i think staten island shouldnt be put in GTA4. As a resident of Staten Island it's clear too me it would be a waste of time.

Portrichmond would just be about the only place worth putting into the game and even then its just a Illegal Mexican Slum which used to be a good place to be.

BTW Todt Hill is a very gay place.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

Is New Jersey a city or a whole state???, in real life i mean...

islandk
  • islandk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 7 2007, 02:48)
Is New Jersey a city or a whole state???, in real life i mean...

A Whole State.

Only a LITTLE PART of the state is actually Suburb Or City The Rest Is Country Land And Stuff.

mtdude
  • mtdude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:33 PM

QUOTE (b4rtsimps0n @ May 5 2007, 11:51)
about that the ferry goes nowhere.. you can see in the trailer that the ferrydock looks completely abandoned. just like in real life, it's out of business. so yeah the ferry goes nowhere.

This is the real ferry terminal. Not abandoned and newly renovated.

user posted image

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:11 PM

QUOTE (mtdude @ May 7 2007, 15:33)
about that the ferry goes nowhere.. you can see in the trailer that the ferrydock looks completely abandoned. just like in real life, it's out of business. so yeah the ferry goes nowhere.

user posted image

haha i love that it's newly renovated and the 'I' doesn't work tounge2.gif

islandk
  • islandk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:23 PM

QUOTE (padmoi @ May 7 2007, 16:11)
QUOTE (mtdude @ May 7 2007, 15:33)

user posted image

haha i love that it's newly renovated and the 'I' doesn't work tounge2.gif

Old picture

*Word*
  • *Word*

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:15 AM

Sorry for digging up an old topic (I was searching the pinned IV forums directory).
I believe, as someone said earlier in the topic, the reason why Staten isn't in the game is geographical.

http://upload.wikime..._From_Space.jpg

This pic above (don't know how to imbed the f*cking thing) shows NYC (including Northern bit of Staten & the Eastern side of NJ state). It's obvious that if Staten was included, that the shape of the map would be a bit mishapen. However when it is taken out, the map of the covered boroughs/cities in Liberty is basically a square (making it much easier to make). I'm sure if Staten was geographically placed where NJ city is, that it would've been included due to the fact that it still is NYC... however since it doesn't have that much to offer (according to most people on this thread), the fact that it is geographically difficult to incorporate into the game map, probably confirmed its being left out of the game.

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:16 AM

GTA IV isn't New York.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

I had an oreo today and guess what..no filling. Those bastards forgot my filling. Two blacks with no white equals no harmony. My point? Tough sh*t, life goes on. I ate that damn cookie whether I liked it or not. Move on my friend. There are plenty of oreos with filling.

smile.gif

*Word*
  • *Word*

Prankster

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:25 AM Edited by *Word*, 13 December 2007 - 09:59 AM.

QUOTE (josh995 @ Dec 13 2007, 07:23)
I had an oreo today and guess what..no filling. Those bastards forgot my filling. Two blacks with no white equals no harmony. My point? Tough sh*t, life goes on. I ate that damn cookie whether I liked it or not. Move on my friend. There are plenty of oreos with filling.

smile.gif

Good luck with those oreos then mate. I have no problem with Staten Island being left out of the game, I'm from Australia and have no connection or care about SI. Just was reading this topic and decided to post what I thought was a logical reason to why it was left out. No need to be a smart arse.

EDIT: Dickhead below me, read this post, I don't care that Staten isn't in the game.

rap1800
  • rap1800

Asshole

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 07:35 AM

Staten Island well,,,,,, it sucks living working or just being there................get over it dude. suicidal.gif

GoldenGlovez
  • GoldenGlovez

Rat

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:45 PM

So basically we are looking at a game map that has no suburbs, whatsoever... The New Jersey part of the game is going to be Jersey City, since newark is beyond that and all newark is good for is a airport 'since we wont have planes in the game no point really'.

I would have loved to seen Staten Island, since its where I was born. However action wise its not a very intense place. Staten Island is where the mob would live and relax... All the violence happened in the other boroughs.

Johnny Burbank
  • Johnny Burbank

Hustler

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

Suicide is the only option for the OP. If it were me and I was left out? I'd either kill myself (but only badl enough where I could come right back to life) or riot. But that's just me. I live on the edge.

mmmfloorpie
  • mmmfloorpie

Thug

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 05:43 PM

That '5th burough' is huge... It could be another game in itself!

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (mtdude @ Apr 30 2007, 22:39)
Even Jersey made it in the game and thats not even in the state let alone the city.

Yes indeed, feels good that Jersey's recognized above Staten.

spike88
  • spike88

Big Boss

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake @ Dec 13 2007, 15:24)
QUOTE (mtdude @ Apr 30 2007, 22:39)
Even Jersey made it in the game and thats not even in the state let alone the city.

Yes indeed, feels good that Jersey's recognized above Staten.

Thats because Jersey is mentioned in real life more then Staten.

jakep573
  • jakep573

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:41 PM

honestly, i think that staten island deserves a part in IV more than new jersey. NEW JERSEY ISNT EVEN PART OF NEW YORK. bullsh*t i tell ya, they call themself new yorkers, but they just f*ckin morons

billco
  • billco

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

relax man.. godforbid your city isnt goodenough to make the Rockstar Cut.

You kno how badly I wish a GTA could take place in my city? Id be able to reconize streets.. places.. buildins.. would be awsome. Plus, if GTA did do my city, it would have the catchiest nickname ever.

GTA:GTA
Grand Theft Auto: Greater Toronto Area

ya dig? say.. wasnt your precious Staten island in GTAIII? Stop your moaning

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users