Photo

4 out of the 5 boroughs-WTF

85 replies to this topic
ISd3d
  • ISd3d

My Brain Hurts

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

I hope there's some Wu-Tang on the soundtrack, even if Shaolin didn't make it into the game.

Dabs
  • Dabs

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

Maybe they're holding Staten Island (or Staunton Island, or whatever it'll be called) back as downloadable content to release at a later date. It's quite possible - don't get too irritated at its absence just yet.

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:44 PM

QUOTE (gamefarter @ May 1 2007, 23:54)
QUOTE (padmoi @ Apr 30 2007, 22:54)
i might be wrong in suggesting this but, episodic content. if they give us new missions wouldn't it make sense to give us a new area for those missions.

I think if we see a new area added, it will be VC. I think they could make it about the same size as the previous VC, only much better looking. I think this because I don't think they would completely re-vamp VC like they have done to LC; the layout would be about the same size as the VC we know and we could fly there commercially. I just have the feeling that's the only way we'll see VC again.

this has been suggested a million times, the whole bring back vice thing. but honestly miami isn't what it was in the 80's(i think it's 80's, haven't played in a while) and it just wouldn't be fun,i mean c'mon.. the place is refered to as god's waiting room lol.gif .

so thats the problem with the setting. and also, the chances they could fit that into the game. why? new audio for peds, new radio stations with songs and audio for the dialogue for missions. thats so much disc space taken up...ALOT!!!!! and then we get around to the actual city itself.

very ambitious thinking don't you think, no where near enough space if you ask me, even for next gen. but i guess you can never doubt the capabilities of the humongous xbox hardrives and the ps3 in genearal(compliments for both so shut up fan boys).

p.s @ dabs, pretty much what i've been saying confused.gif

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:15 AM

QUOTE (padmoi @ May 2 2007, 23:44)
this has been suggested a million times, the whole bring back vice thing. but honestly miami isn't what it was in the 80's(i think it's 80's, haven't played in a while) and it just wouldn't be fun,i mean c'mon.. the place is refered to as god's waiting room lol.gif

Who cares??, i hear the same thing every time, that miami "isn't what it used to be", WHO CARES??, isn't anyone capable of making a story out of imagination??

There is one "unmentioned" LAW in filmmaking and periodism and it is a LAW (as gravity), and it is that you can grab ANYTHING, absolutely anything and make it an epic story IF YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT ONE...

So don't tell me that a modern VC wouldn't be fun please confused.gif ...

swimfreak430
  • swimfreak430

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:19 AM

Staten Island Sucks ass
Its the smelliest county in the Us a litaraly 3 mile wild Land fill trust me its horrible i have to pass it coming from NJ to Brooklyn. Plus its boring.

Really its ovious why they left it out. New jersey and NYC have been fighting about who dosent want it for years lol

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 3 2007, 00:15)
this has been suggested a million times, the whole bring back vice thing. but honestly miami isn't what it was in the 80's(i think it's 80's, haven't played in a while) and it just wouldn't be fun,i mean c'mon.. the place is refered to as god's waiting room lol.gif

Who cares??, i hear the same thing every time, that miami "isn't what it used to be", WHO CARES??, isn't anyone capable of making a story out of imagination??

There is one "unmentioned" LAW in filmmaking and periodism and it is a LAW (as gravity), and it is that you can grab ANYTHING, absolutely anything and make it an epic story IF YOU KNOW HOW TO MAKE IT ONE...

yeah im doin film studies so i totaly agree wth what your saying....partialy.

this has gone way off topic, my point was that maybe we'll see staten in it but i'm seeing some strong evidence for and against. but @ swimfreak, cause you could soooooo smell the borough....

personally i think the best evidence for has been the fact that some great gangster films have been set there, but i think there gonna hit the soprano's angle hard in this one.....feel free to quote. so there for new jersey will be enough, but then again that mountain those sound pretty thempting.

swimfan3210
  • swimfan3210

Egg Head

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

thats funny, i used to live in Miami, Florida (Vice city) and San Fransisco, California (San Andreas, i guess)

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (swimfan3210 @ May 3 2007, 01:11)
thats funny, i used to live in Miami, Florida (Vice city) and San Fransisco, California (San Andreas, i guess)

2 down..... 1 to go sneaky2.gif

T.I.P.
  • T.I.P.

first!

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (mtdude @ Apr 30 2007, 22:39)
Now 500,000 New Yorkers are left out of GTA4.

Left out and left alive.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:02 AM

I don't why Houser said lack of fun was the reason, creating the fun is his job. Looking at a map, a more logical reason is that SI is the farthest from Manhattan and the map can only be so big. NJ is in because there has to be something on the other side of the Hudson.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 2 2007, 22:02)
I don't why Houser said lack of fun was the reason, creating the fun is his job. Looking at a map, a more logical reason is that SI is the farthest from Manhattan and the map can only be so big. NJ is in because there has to be something on the other side of the Hudson.

That leads to another question. Since GTA3, all the worlds have been closed up by water. If NJ appears in the game, will it appear as another island, or appear to be part of the mainland and they will close the world through another manner besides water?

Dealt Witt
  • Dealt Witt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:34 PM

QUOTE (ISd3d @ May 2 2007, 16:44)
I hope there's some Wu-Tang on the soundtrack, even if Shaolin didn't make it into the game.

i would LOVE to see some wu-tang in this game!!! sly.gif
even if shaolin isnt in it...c'mon, you cant have NY without Method Man!!!

TheRoper
  • TheRoper

West Coast

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Mafia Righthand_Man @ May 2 2007, 20:06)

That leads to another question. Since GTA3, all the worlds have been closed up by water. If NJ appears in the game, will it appear as another island, or appear to be part of the mainland and they will close the world through another manner besides water?

Good point, I'm surprised there isn't a topic about this even... Perhaps they'll do something like with III and use a tunnel that's closed off, although I think that would be lame... Mountains? Who knows...

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Dealt Witt @ May 3 2007, 21:34)

i'll live. don't f*ck this topic up by talkin about music, theres already a topic for it.

i don't think they will play on the old liberty map, i just have a feeling. we may see some familiar parts, but i doubt many, like the bistro may return and that alley behind that club where you do your first set of missions that had a fake next gen screenshot floating around. thats what i mean by a few, some very memorable parts of gtaIII.

i really think they'll stick to an accurate representation to ny as geographically with the boroughs that is.

me thinks we'll be relying on bridges and tunnels like the lincon tunnel to get from borough to borough. personally i love this cause it's so citiesc. they'll probably have the atlantic blocking us off around the bronx and queens, then mountains for brooklyn and new jersey. but thats just an educated guess.... but what a guess sigh.gif

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

QUOTE (Magic_Al @ May 3 2007, 03:02)

that's why we gotta wait to start making assumptions about what Houser considers "fun"...

Germanviking86
  • Germanviking86

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:09 AM

Staten Island=the biggest waste of time
Come to think about it, since they got the jersey suburbs.
It is a possibility that it could be a downloadable extra, don't count it out yet.

Digital_Utopia
  • Digital_Utopia

I mod stuff.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 05:02 AM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 2 2007, 18:15)

Sure, and if that was all of it...if the entire reason why they won't make a modern day vice city was because they didn't have a story for it...then you would have a point.

However, you're missing the point that the only reason why they did Miami, was because of the mid to late 80's. the whole Scarface/Miami Vice theme...without those, Miami is only as important as any other average city in the U.S.

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:24 PM

QUOTE (Digital_Utopia @ May 4 2007, 05:02)
However, you're missing the point that the only reason why they did Miami, was because of the mid to late 80's. the whole Scarface/Miami Vice theme...without those, Miami is only as important as any other average city in the U.S.

No, it wouldn't, you still have the same issues in modern time, like drugs, if Miami was as boring as any other city, then CSI: Miami wouldn't had lasted a season, and it did because they handled the theme pretty good...

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Ph3L1z14n0 @ May 4 2007, 13:24)
QUOTE (Digital_Utopia @ May 4 2007, 05:02)

No, it wouldn't, you still have the same issues in modern time, like drugs, if Miami was as boring as any other city, then CSI: Miami wouldn't had lasted a season, and it did because they handled the theme pretty good...

''valid point''

scarface and csi have got some similarities,
going around selling coke and showing people your little friend vs ''actors'' in bad suits going around some blood covered house going huuuuummmm.

every city has crimes, mine is dealing with eastern european mafias moving in and killing eachother at the moment. but the scarface 80's feel is what made the game. miami is just another city, it doesn't stand out as much as say london or detroit/boston does in present time.

pretty sure this topics gonna get locked.

M22NYC25
  • M22NYC25

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (mtdude @ May 2 2007, 16:17)
R* says SI wouldn't be fun to play, they dont think it fits the gta image. So, they leave out the borough that served as a setting for mob classics like the Godfather, Goodfellas, and Donnie Brasco.

They are also not going to recreate the largest bridge in the country(yeah the Verrazano is longer than the Golden Gate look it up).

verrazano bridge is also the largest suspension bridge in world or something like that

and btw they should put in the game . It has countryside, the mob. Its perfect

Ph3L1z14n0
  • Ph3L1z14n0

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:35 AM

QUOTE (padmoi @ May 4 2007, 18:29)
miami is just another city, it doesn't stand out as much as say london or detroit/boston does in present time.

ENOUGH people, what is it with you and london angry.gif ???

Lycanthrope
  • Lycanthrope

WRONG BITCH, I'M SICK OF YOU

• BUSTED!

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE (mtdude @ May 1 2007, 08:39)
I happen to live in that 1/5 of NYC which R* decided not to put in the game. I've been awaiting info on this game for so long. I was hoping they didnt forget us but we didn't get the name the "Forgotten Borough" overnight. Even Jersey made it in the game and thats not even in the state let alone the city. Now 500,000 New Yorkers are left out of GTA4.

And where does the ferry go? Nowhere?

Anyway I'm still gonna buy it because its going to be the greatest game ever made it just sux to be left out.

Well I happen to live in the country of Australia that hasn't had a GTA set there at all. I am very mad. Now over 20 million Australians are being missed out. catspider.gif icon14.gif

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (Mafia Righthand_Man @ May 3 2007, 03:06)

Thats a good question. But lets remember that LC is being "modeled" after NYC. Its not an exact replica of NYC. So obviously not everything is going to look or be where it should be. So having said that, I'm pretty sure that NJ is going to be connected by a bridge and if not, then it will be reachable by using the ferry I would think.

humancorpse
  • humancorpse

Lets deadlift!

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:45 AM

Since DH said Staten Island wouldn't be a fun location to play, I seriously doubt it'll be part of the downloadable content. "Download the place we said wouldn't be fun to play!" Now that wouldn't be very good marketing wink.gif

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 09:55 AM

By the look of it, the ferry port hasn't been used in 30 years or so, so there won't be a "ferry to nowhere", just a ruined place that will probbaly the the location of at least one gunfight

Dee T
  • Dee T

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:48 AM

QUOTE (Dealt Witt @ May 3 2007, 21:34)

method man is already in gta sa lol.gif

u know that guy wit orange colour hoodie and cap

who talks about weed all the time lol

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:54 AM

I read the article they linked to in the news sction for Stanton Island's press about people there not being too concerned about not associating with a violent video game for adults, of course, these are the parants commenting! hahaha One political figurehead's rather amusing thoughts as well, but it seems to me, the game location could just very well be locked as in GTA3's subway system's early on, one of the starting points in the game, someone suggested

b4rtsimps0n
  • b4rtsimps0n

Playa

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:51 AM

about that the ferry goes nowhere.. you can see in the trailer that the ferrydock looks completely abandoned. just like in real life, it's out of business. so yeah the ferry goes nowhere. staten island is most likely not going to be included in the exlusive episodic content. i doubt they will add any extra part of the map trough downloadable content

Slamman
  • Slamman

Smote

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 05 May 2007 - 11:57 AM

My only hope is it does allow for content with Internet and PS3, I would not assume what Rockstar will finalize as they are keeping it under wraps for now.
I'm always disappointed if I get my hopes up to far, I'd rather be surprised, pleasently that is to say! colgate.gif

agoraphobia
  • agoraphobia

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

I was in PC san andreas!......... after a couple of mods......

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users