Quantcast

» «
Photo

Since Confirmed Multiplayer Modes are in..

93 replies to this topic
geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:07 AM Edited by geomy, 29 April 2007 - 08:09 AM.

QUOTE (CreebA @ Apr 29 2007, 03:04)
all that i ask for is just pony-farm!!!!

why dosnt someone make a petition to rockstar about the facts that onlineplay should included pony-farm??

Why do you want a farm for adolescent horses so bad?

Wait, did you mean free-roam? Yeah, I want that too!

CreebA
  • CreebA

The Creeber

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 08:14 AM

QUOTE (geomy @ Apr 29 2007, 08:07)
QUOTE (CreebA @ Apr 29 2007, 03:04)
all that i ask for is just pony-farm!!!!

why dosnt someone make a petition to rockstar about the facts that onlineplay should included pony-farm??

Why do you want a farm for adolescent horses so bad?

Wait, did you mean free-roam? Yeah, I want that too!

lol F_R_E_E_R_O_A_M can someone just change the settings for this forum because its annoying everyone!!!!

im going out today, so i wont have time to make a petition but i would be grateful if someone did and i rekon everyone in the forum would sign it and that member would have a sh*te load of cookies biggrin.gif

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:28 AM

I'd just be satisfied with Cops and Robbers mode, but the moar modes, the better!

Blackadder.
  • Blackadder.

Luck. Runs. Out.

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 29 April 2007 - 09:58 AM

VIP Mode

When the gamemode starts, a player is randomly selected as a VIP. The other players then choose to be a bodyguard/assassin.

Bodyguards Objective: Protect the VIP. The catch is that the VIP cannot wield any weapons or drive any vehicles, and must be a passenger.

Assassins Objective: Kill the VIP. You are not on the same team however, and are all fighting for the kill. You are allowed to kill Assassins+bodyguards. The VIP shows up on the mini-map, the other Assassins don't, allowing for some schemful tactics.

If there are too many bodyguards, the game automatically switches some bodyguards to Assassins.

Brutuz
  • Brutuz

Otherwise known as Joe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:53 AM

QUOTE (Blackadder. @ Apr 29 2007, 19:58)
VIP Mode

When the gamemode starts, a player is randomly selected as a VIP. The other players then choose to be a bodyguard/assassin.

Bodyguards Objective: Protect the VIP. The catch is that the VIP cannot wield any weapons or drive any vehicles, and must be a passenger.

Assassins Objective: Kill the VIP. You are not on the same team however, and are all fighting for the kill. You are allowed to kill Assassins+bodyguards. The VIP shows up on the mini-map, the other Assassins don't, allowing for some schemful tactics.

If there are too many bodyguards, the game automatically switches some bodyguards to Assassins.

You mean like Protect the Prime Minister or President?

I got one.
Its like Capture the flag, except you have one team protecting a key and building, and another trying to get to them, Once someone gets the Key, they have to get it to a spot inside the building, and after a certain amount of kills, the other team wins, or if teh Key person gets to the spot, the Key grabbing team wins.

wedemo
  • wedemo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:17 AM

split-screen pony farm! coop in missions wow.gif

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 30 April 2007 - 12:54 PM Edited by krashdown, 30 April 2007 - 01:28 PM.

create a character mode so we can all have our own character and play it over the net with everyone having there own character
MODES- F-R-E-E-R-O-A-M, cops and robbers, capture the biefcase, racing and vip mode sounds good

Comrade_Niko
  • Comrade_Niko

My day will come..... on October 16.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (grandthefter @ Apr 28 2007, 09:01)
just simple co-op would do me fine, just wandering around the city with a mate would make the game 10x longer for me

My thoughts exactly.

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:41 PM

Coke Farming

2-4 teams, alliances allowed.

The map contains some independent farms. When a team controls a farm, it generates kilograms of cocaine. There is a time limit. Each time tries to take control as many farms as it can. More farms equals more points. When the time is up, the team with highest score wins. Simple.

medz
  • medz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

co-op, free--roam, and cops and robbers are all necessary in my eyes...

Mister V
  • Mister V

Farseer

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:24 PM

1. Co-op. Won't gonna do nuthin' without co-op.
2. Massive LC rampage deathmatch.

For other modes I don't really care.

snrub2593
  • snrub2593

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

id like to see sort of a server where like up to like 1000 people could be on, you make your own gang or join one, and you fight to take over territories. but could only be used at one time in the day

tatu2005
  • tatu2005

Snitch

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

all i want is co-op on and offline that is all i want in GTA 4

nouseforausername
  • nouseforausername

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

HOW ABOUT SOME GOOD OLD FASHION CO-OP cool.gif

air carter15
  • air carter15

Go Gators

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:01 PM

lc survivor would be cool
robbery missions you and 4 other people go to places and steal the stuff, everyone has a different job.
racing
1 on 1 basketball/soccer or w/e

just a few off the top of my head. tounge.gif

Daddy Cool
  • Daddy Cool

Terrorist

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (supmyman7 @ Apr 28 2007, 06:09)
pony farm.

heheheh...That would be awesome :-D

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Connection
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Bren_34 @ Apr 28 2007, 05:42)
What would you like to see, I'd like to see a small multiplayer mode that is sorta like cops and robbers, with everybody a regular NPC driver, not a cop, except for the players. The cops and the robbers start out close by and they have a fast sports car while the cops have a pretty fast cruiser, with sirens and all.

The players would have appropriate models, such as the cop players being dressed as cops and robbers being dressed as hoodlums. And when the robbers are killed or busted the cops win, but if the Suspects get FAR out of range or time is up the robbers win.

So what do you think, and more importantly, what would you like to see?

Sounds good to me Bren.

I'd also like at the start of... Multiplayer Quest (I'll call it that) you choose to be a:

- Citizen:

A God fearing Citizen and do realistic jobs (Taxi Missions etc) or set up your legit business by completing against the computer missions or get money by illegal street racing to fund for your business. You can make alot of money after along time but you will have to do alot of missions to start making really good cash. Also you can succumb to gangs and protection rackets. So be ready to pay out monthly to criminals.

If you earn enough cash you can sell your business and try buy out others. Capitalism. Do you have the patients to work strenously to build up your businesses. Can you go straight for that long? Only time will tell.

-Mafia/Gangs

Start off bottom of the ladder doing sh*tty jobs for more established criminals. Work your way up the ranks. Criminal rating gives you more power. A person with high influence can be recognised by the availabillity of certain cars and clothing to that person.

Boss always gets a monthly cut. If you move up a close to the top, backstab your buddies and recruit your own gang. Become rivals etc

-Police Force

Become a recruit. Go to police accademy. Do stupid training missions. Target practice etc. Being a police will be like the S.A. You will have Driving Skills, Muscle and Fat will go up or down depending on fitness becuase that comes with being a cop.

Move up the ranks to S.W.A.T. then up more and the top is F.B.I. Moving up the ranks will give you access to guns citizens and criminal can't get. Unless they rob you.

Police will have HUD screens alerting them of real time crime commited by online players. More arrests, the quicker you go up the ranks. accept bribes etc.

I not going to explain how this will be done or can be done. I'm not sure you could but it's just my idea.

Dealt Witt
  • Dealt Witt

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (sebastian_96 @ Apr 28 2007, 09:22)
*Free - roaming
*Cops and Robbers
*Gang Warfare (Either Co-op or VS)
*Assisnation (a target civilian is in LC somewhere....the first one to assisinate him is the victor)
*Racing (even though I hate it, might be good in GTA IV)
*Rampage

All good ideas. Although it may get too hectic, it would be cool if everyone u saw was someone playing online, with maybe some AI in different situations (cops for example).

It would be cool if u could form gangs, organized or street, with your buddies and go around beefing with other gangs and taking over territorries.

Everyone in the gang should have a special status (different ranks and jobs).
ex: pushers - the guys who sell dope and make money for the crew.( to AI's)
pimps - also bread winners
muscle - protect the crew, take over areas, extort people for money, etc.
captains - a guy who runs a certain part of the gang (i.e. head pimp)
boss - the guy who runs the whole show

-would be an on-going thing. once you're done your status gets saved.
-the more money you make, the more area you control, the more respect you gain, all these things determine the power and influence your gang has over everyone else and the city.

- you should also be able to have alliances with other gangs throughout the city. they control one area, you control another (also may backstab to gain more power).
- w.e you do in the city has a consequence and is a reflection on your gang and once again determines how others perceive you.

any thoughts??

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:04 PM

Wait, online multiplayers comfirmed?

wow.gif

If so.. WOW!!!

These are really good ideas for the multiplayer too. smile.gif

cjrocks
  • cjrocks

Rat

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:46 PM

QUOTE (Bren_34 @ Apr 28 2007, 04:42)
What would you like to see, I'd like to see a small multiplayer mode that is sorta like cops and robbers, with everybody a regular NPC driver, not a cop, except for the players. The cops and the robbers start out close by and they have a fast sports car while the cops have a pretty fast cruiser, with sirens and all.

The players would have appropriate models, such as the cop players being dressed as cops and robbers being dressed as hoodlums. And when the robbers are killed or busted the cops win, but if the Suspects get FAR out of range or time is up the robbers win.

So what do you think, and more importantly, what would you like to see?

That could be fun have a whole city full of cops and robbers i can see the next big mmorpg now!?!?!?!

DEATH TO WORLD OF WARCRAFT DIE i have a L70 shadow priest DIE WOW DIE for taking so damn long to play!!!

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:06 AM

QUOTE (starion @ May 1 2007, 14:04)
Wait, online multiplayers comfirmed?

wow.gif

If so.. WOW!!!

These are really good ideas for the multiplayer too. smile.gif

Yes, Online Multiplayer, not anything Massive, but decent.

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:55 AM

As they said it's not going to be an MMO i very much doubt there is going to be any "make your own gang" things. Closest you'll get is probably a team deathmatch where the different teams are gang members (and only that gang's street thugs, there won't be one player who is the boss and the only mission will be to kill the enemies, not go off and sell drugs for money)

I'd like a "capture the sniper" mode. One player appears on a tall building somewhere with a sniper rifle and sh*tloads of ammo. The other players have to kill the sniper within a time limit. They win if they do (the player who fires the killing shot being the 'absolute' winner) or if the sniper has no kills at the end. If the sniper kills one or more of them and is still living at the end he wins

HEADSHOT ZOMBIE
  • HEADSHOT ZOMBIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:45 AM Edited by HEADSHOT ZOMBIE, 02 May 2007 - 09:52 AM.

APB - Check it out.

GTA Style MMO Coming in '08 Click above for more information.

As for this topic. I am satisfied with just a co-op mode. Anything more than that is obviously great.

endorphin
  • endorphin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:48 AM

What do you guys think about multiplayer modes that you can play against eachother regardless which console you have.

xbox 360 gamers against ps3 so you can determine who is the best GTA player.

HEADSHOT ZOMBIE
  • HEADSHOT ZOMBIE

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 09:54 AM

QUOTE (endorphin @ May 2 2007, 05:48)
What do you guys think about multiplayer modes that you can play against eachother regardless which console you have.

xbox 360 gamers against ps3 so you can determine who is the best GTA player.

I would like to see it eventually. But I don't see it with GTA IV. Sadly it may never happen.

free_to_view
  • free_to_view

GTA BOSS OF ALL BOSSES AND PC GAMER

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:52 PM

Multiplayer gameplay

I would like to see
  • Death match die.gif
  • Races

> Cars
    > Lorries
    > Motorbikes
    > Bmx bikes
    > Quad bikes
    > Boats
  • Last man standing (sorry ladies tounge2.gif )
  • Free rome viddy_pirate.gif
  • Cops and robbers teams die.gif anuj_cop.gif

supmyman7
  • supmyman7

Dude

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:09 PM

free - roam of course.

JoeJoeMcTwist
  • JoeJoeMcTwist

Sergeant at Arms

• Members

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:31 PM

- DeathMatch
- Racing mode: cars, bikes, etc.
- Robbery: 3 banks - Cops Vs. Robbers
- Drug deal gone wrong mode:
- King of the ring mode: only melee weapons manhunt style
- VIP mode

shunsuke
  • shunsuke

AKA, Masatooo !

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:00 AM

Co-op and deathmatch

Whetstone
  • Whetstone

Hello

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

I think it should have like a world ( map ) for roughly 50 people and there could be wars.

Also, I wish there is pony-farm where you can just go round like normal.

Also, have houses ( or bases ) where you can hide and lock the doors and no-one can get in and you can equip yourself and hid in your backgarden and shoot at other online players.

Could you not imagine GTA IV having a subway and having a few abandoned tunnels. You could hid in there in the dark and when another online plater comes past you can gun them down. Ahh the fun it would be.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users