Photo

Vehicle modification

53 replies to this topic
Mithos
  • Mithos

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:09 AM

Ok After San Andreas added the feature modding cars in games like hydrolics, spray paint, rims and etc. how will GTA 4 up the anti from that last game? Possible car tattoo folder uploads like the User Track Tittles? Official R* releases to add more to edit the cars even more? Submit arts to R* and the Winners are in an official download on the web for GTA 4? Give Ideas how the car modding engine might work in game and plus will other mod features from other games appear in GTA like neon lights under the car or on the hood? Also will R* go far enough where we can mod Boats, Helicopters and etc?

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:23 AM

I'd like to see...

Chips (for newer cars)
Bigger carbs (older cars)
Turbochargers
Superchargers
Nitro
Engine swaps
Better exhaust systems (with better sounds!)
Improved air filters
Capacity increases
Close-ratio gearboxes (quicker acceleration)
Convert to FWD, RWD or 4WD
Stiffen and adjust height of suspension for better handling
Convert to different suspension types (no more leaf springs on the back of that Idaho!)
Sports tyres for better grip
Seperate height settings for the rear to change the stance
(and loads of other mechanical things i can't think of)
Hydraulics
Neon underlights in several colours
At least 50 alloy wheels (some can have spinners, about 10 kinds of those)
At least 20 steels
10 cheap plastic hubcap covers
A full spectrum of respray colours (like selecting colours in photoshop)
Matte, Gloss, Metallic, Pearlescent and Flip (colour change at different angles) paint
Some cars can be changed to be 2-door, convertible, estates (station wagons) or saloons (sedans), vans, webasto roofs (glass and fabric) and stretched
At least 100 vinyls (special paintjobs)
Stickers that can be put in different places
At least 10 seperate front/rear and side bodykit parts per car (5 generic ones for all cars, 5 special ones for that 'class' of car)
2-3 Different kinds of foglights and configurations to put them on the front of the car. You can leave the covers on them (for show) or have them with covers off (and they work)
At least 15 kinds of spoiler
2-3 kinds of bonnet vents, different positions for them
5 kinds of airscoops for bonnet and roof (if it has a roof!). Bonnet ones include the 'big metal air filter sticking up through the bonnet' like the Diabolo stallion
Different textures for the seats (leapord skin!)
Put in racing seats and a rollcage to make the car stiffer and lighter
Cheesy acessories like furry dice, "fingers stuck in the boot", stick-on bullet holes (or make your own XD) and funny bumper stickers
Customise your own licence plate (IVRULZ)

matt11504
  • matt11504

drug free since '93

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:30 AM

wow thats alot oipolloi.
but i thought san andreas had all i wanted maybe if we could mod every vehicle including semi-trucks, fire trucks etc. and add the option to put spinners on cars, lambo doors, neons inside card doors, custom interriors, option to put top down on convertible (while driving). maybe custom car horns, custom tire size, and thats about it.

push
  • push

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:36 AM

all i know in every garage i have will be packed with 300c's with x50 turbo and every single ricer-gear known to man.

Mithos
  • Mithos

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:37 AM Edited by Mithos, 26 April 2007 - 12:39 AM.

Whoa oipolloi I bet you named everything off of everyones Lists ^,^ Seeing a Bus with Neon Lights Driving around Liberty City would be pretty nice with a bunch of other stuff also. The paint shops where you have to get away from the cops >,< I hate them replacing my engines for me. I bet they get theirs from a junk yard and when you need to get away from the cops in your sports car like a cheetah, or a banshee then you drive away with a bunch of sludge in the junky new engine...grrrr. Also they should have the car horn from "The Dukes of Hazzard" in the game or a PimP car horn

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:42 AM

Heh, they should keep the pay & spray which just sticks a new colour on your car (though if you have a custom paintjob it should keep the custom paint but change the colours on it, like blue flames) and knocks out the dents, and have a mod shop for the serious stuff (And only one KIND of mod shop too, it pissed me off having to do up a lowrider in Los Santos and having it wrecked before i could get to any of the other cities in it). There should be maybe 1 modding shop and 2-3 respraying shops for every 'island'

Oh yeah, i got most of my list from the modifiable stuff on Midnight Club 3 XD

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • El-Salvador

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:44 AM

Imagen Midnight Club Features in IV wow.gif it will make IV even better, but I dont see it happening atleast some good features from MC3 should be there, also I hope you can customize any car now.

Moth
  • Moth

Sheamus McF*ckyourself

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE (oipolloi @ Apr 26 2007, 00:23)
I'd like to see...

Chips (for newer cars)
Bigger carbs (older cars)
Turbochargers
Superchargers
Nitro
Engine swaps
Better exhaust systems (with better sounds!)
Improved air filters
Capacity increases
Close-ratio gearboxes (quicker acceleration)
Convert to FWD, RWD or 4WD
Stiffen and adjust height of suspension for better handling
Convert to different suspension types (no more leaf springs on the back of that Idaho!)
Sports tyres for better grip
Seperate height settings for the rear to change the stance
(and loads of other mechanical things i can't think of)
Hydraulics
Neon underlights in several colours
At least 50 alloy wheels (some can have spinners, about 10 kinds of those)
At least 20 steels
10 cheap plastic hubcap covers
A full spectrum of respray colours (like selecting colours in photoshop)
Matte, Gloss, Metallic, Pearlescent and Flip (colour change at different angles) paint
Some cars can be changed to be 2-door, convertible, estates (station wagons) or saloons (sedans), vans, webasto roofs (glass and fabric) and stretched
At least 100 vinyls (special paintjobs)
Stickers that can be put in different places
At least 10 seperate front/rear and side bodykit parts per car (5 generic ones for all cars, 5 special ones for that 'class' of car)
2-3 Different kinds of foglights and configurations to put them on the front of the car. You can leave the covers on them (for show) or have them with covers off (and they work)
At least 15 kinds of spoiler
2-3 kinds of bonnet vents, different positions for them
5 kinds of airscoops for bonnet and roof (if it has a roof!). Bonnet ones include the 'big metal air filter sticking up through the bonnet' like the Diabolo stallion
Different textures for the seats (leapord skin!)
Put in racing seats and a rollcage to make the car stiffer and lighter
Cheesy acessories like furry dice, "fingers stuck in the boot", stick-on bullet holes (or make your own XD) and funny bumper stickers
Customise your own licence plate (IVRULZ)

Great ideas man.

Mithos
  • Mithos

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:49 AM

Well Remember Its Liberty City aka New York and people have ALOT of tricked out rides over there.

Nikofan112
  • Nikofan112

Kneel Before Doctor Insano!

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:35 AM

I would have a garage, hell 4 garages, loaded with WRX STIs and 300c's. The 300c's purley DUBed out, and the STI's with the Fast and the Furious Sh*t.

JtotheROC
  • JtotheROC

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:42 AM

SA was pretty good, but IV should have more stuff to make the cars more unique. Also having the parts affect the proformance of the car, and not just add up to eye candy.

Also having your car not evaporate when you take 10 steps away and turn your back would be good.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:46 AM

you should be able to customize taxis and cop cars and stuff like that.

dejay
  • dejay

Warning: May contain traces of nut

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:12 AM

I'm sure they'll want to do better than Saints Row - which means some insane cosmetic cusomisation and hopefully some deep performance customisation as well.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 09:44 AM

Vehicle modding should be like in the Street Rods; you should be able to strip parts from cars, buy other parts, rare parts etc etc, then store them, sell them, get them repaired, or install them in cars. Something like that anyway...after all, the game revolves around the mobility and flexibility of cars...as stated by the "Auto" in Grand Theft Auto.

s-paco
  • s-paco

Still here.

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:46 AM

I hope they just keep it simple but cool at the same time...

some new parts, NOS, hyrdolics and all that crap... blush.gif

Blackula
  • Blackula

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:53 PM

I reckon we need more paint options.
Two tone, graphics, custom (uploaded) graphics etc. and some performance parts!

icon14.gif

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Apr 26 2007, 14:16)
you should be able to customize taxis

You were able to do that in SanAn wink.gif

I think that with the expandability of cars in previous GTAs, extensive modification really isn't necessary, this isn't NFSU.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:31 PM

more options...

deep:cover
  • deep:cover

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:38 PM

As much as I want a large variety of vehicle customisation, you still got to remember that GTA isn't NFS, so if they do include modification in, don't expect it to be on anything near NFS scale.

tyrok
  • tyrok

I named my Rat Niko

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 03:59 PM

i think that they shouldnt make the prosees complicated like midnight club 3 dub edition that is rubbish dont get it
but more like s-a that was well-fit different garages 4 different vehicles

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 04:30 PM

I'm starting to get a bit worried that they might not include any modification in IV bored.gif If they do, I really hope we'll be able to tune the engine, although I doubt it'll happen. Bike cusomization icon14.gif

Mithos
  • Mithos

Rat

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:56 PM

Bike Custom ^,^ add 10 Speed to BMX bikes and etc with flam paint

epoxi
  • epoxi

Your Mother

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None
  • Best Poster [Vehicles] 2015
    Best Poster [Vehicles] 2014

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

LAWL: Topic Bumping Time.

user posted image

First of all, the custom grills could be a simple fascia that stretches over the originally texture grill on the car model, installing xenon headlights would be a simple matter of changing the colour and vibrancy of the lamps in the car.

What I would have loved to see in San Andreas were chrome wheels: despite them being an icon of 'gangsta' culture, for some reason they weren't included, maybe they had to be high-res to look decent, which the PS2 wouldn't like. But anyway, GTA4 will come on 'next gen' consoles so this doesn't really matter. Attatching spinners would be done using a dummy, though would require a bit of physics programming.

I'm not very fond of vinyls, but they do work well on boy racer cars, and custom decals would be great; like in 'Midnight Club : DUB Edition' you can for example stick your name on the windscreen of the car.

A very simple to program modification that completely changes the look of any car is adjusting ride height, but this unfortunately wasn't included in GTA:SA either, to get a similar result you had to install hydraulics that disrupt the car's handling.

Another moderately simple modification would be to offer alternative taillight textures and the option of smoking in various colours (i.e. you stain or darken the taillight to improve your car's appearance), after all if the next GTA's possibly going to be set in the UK, the first thing boy racers do to their cars here is change their taillights.

Window tinting would have been an essential 'gangsta' modification in San Andreas: giving a mysterious and powerful feel to the people inside the car. This would be simple to program as it consists of selecting various polygons and putting them in a 'third colour' that can be changed.

Gold or Chrome Wheel Arches and trims could be programmed in a similar way to window tinting (creating a third colour) and looks very effective on luxury cars.

AndyGanteks
  • AndyGanteks

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Most Valuable Player 2014
    Contribution Award [Sports]
    Most Skilled Player 2013
    Best Event 2013 "GTAF Gang League 2013"
    Most Valuable Player 2012
    Best Contributor [Multiplayer] 2012
    Most Valuable Player 2011
    Winner of World Cup 2010 Prediction League
    Best Event 2010 "GTAF Gang League 2010"
    Most Valuable Player 2010
    Best Team Player 2010

Posted 28 April 2007 - 07:59 AM

I want the modification almost as it is in NFS games!!

Mithos
  • Mithos

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 10:50 AM Edited by Mithos, 28 April 2007 - 10:52 AM.

QUOTE (epoxi @ Apr 27 2007, 21:38)
LAWL: Topic Bumping Time.

user posted image

First of all, the custom grills could be a simple fascia that stretches over the originally texture grill on the car model, installing xenon headlights would be a simple matter of changing the colour and vibrancy of the lamps in the car.

What I would have loved to see in San Andreas were chrome wheels: despite them being an icon of 'gangsta' culture, for some reason they weren't included, maybe they had to be high-res to look decent, which the PS2 wouldn't like. But anyway, GTA4 will come on 'next gen' consoles so this doesn't really matter. Attatching spinners would be done using a dummy, though would require a bit of physics programming.

I'm not very fond of vinyls, but they do work well on boy racer cars, and custom decals would be great; like in 'Midnight Club : DUB Edition' you can for example stick your name on the windscreen of the car.

A very simple to program modification that completely changes the look of any car is adjusting ride height, but this unfortunately wasn't included in GTA:SA either, to get a similar result you had to install hydraulics that disrupt the car's handling.

Another moderately simple modification would be to offer alternative taillight textures and the option of smoking in various colours (i.e. you stain or darken the taillight to improve your car's appearance), after all if the next GTA's possibly going to be set in the UK, the first thing boy racers do to their cars here is change their taillights.

Window tinting would have been an essential 'gangsta' modification in San Andreas: giving a mysterious and powerful feel to the people inside the car. This would be simple to program as it consists of selecting various polygons and putting them in a 'third colour' that can be changed.

Gold or Chrome Wheel Arches and trims could be programmed in a similar way to window tinting (creating a third colour) and looks very effective on luxury cars.

Nice cool.gif Can't Wait till info. about car modding iz released because remember they said the cars ARE more detailed which means the modifications to the cars will stand OUT alot more in the past game and give a greater effect you know.

Truth_B
  • Truth_B

Hustler

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Mithos @ Apr 25 2007, 18:09)
Ok After San Andreas added the feature modding cars in games like hydrolics, spray paint, rims and etc. how will GTA 4 up the anti from that last game? Possible car tattoo folder uploads like the User Track Tittles? Official R* releases to add more to edit the cars even more? Submit arts to R* and the Winners are in an official download on the web for GTA 4? Give Ideas how the car modding engine might work in game and plus will other mod features from other games appear in GTA like neon lights under the car or on the hood? Also will R* go far enough where we can mod Boats, Helicopters and etc?

I hope so that would be so cool

krama
  • krama

Hustler

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:12 AM Edited by krama, 10 July 2007 - 02:18 AM.

it would be cool to have it like nfsu, tha main thing i want is performance mods

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:14 AM

I think what oipolloi is asking for is vastly unrealistic.

redwolf206
  • redwolf206

Sikamikanico

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:14 AM

I would love having AT LEAST a mix of Saint's Row's customization and NFS Carbon's shaping mods

paddyboy
  • paddyboy

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:39 AM

Why would you want to spend thousands of dollars customising and tuning your car only to have to ditch it in a parking lot to lose the cops, or crash it trying to out run them?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users