123 replies to this topic
Zildjian
  • Zildjian

GTA IV Contemplator

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (Le_Joker @ Jan 2 2008, 10:37)
Well, consider it this way.

What if you have to wait two days for something to happen?

Unless you just save eight times in a row ( dozingoff.gif cheap), that means you have to play the game for two hours just to finish that mission.

Which, if you have nothing better to do, gets sort of boring. Or, if you have something better to do, means you can't play it.

I'm all for realism, but waiting is NOT my kind of fun.

I like the old way best. It's true that it has some major realism issues, but 48 minutes or 1 hour isn't that much better. >.> And since days pass more frequently, it's easier to hit time-based missions and such at the right time. Compared to: Oh, you have to come back tomorrow, waste an hour whatsthat.gif (Again, I'm not using save time-warping because it sort of rings up as cheating IMO)

That is why you can do multiple missions at a time. This means that the mission you have in two days is just something on your schedule to do. Meanwhile you do more missions at hand. I have a feeling we will never get bored in GTA IV.

Gog
  • Gog

Rollo!

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 06:48 PM

The problem of making a game in real time is that most of us have jobs or school that would cause us to play at the same time every day. Thus, I would always be at 6pm every day. Not much would get done within the game, unless I changed the clock on my system. Which is not only a pain, but "cheating", which is not something I want to do.

fishermanGTA
  • fishermanGTA

Soldier

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Hmmmm. I think that a "real" 24 hour day
would be too much, but as was covered by Helsinki in
page 1, all the new stuff they have included will be gone too quickly.
They say different times of day will bring realistic car/ped flow.
Will 24 minutes really be enough to appreciate that?

Hdogg
  • Hdogg

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 02 January 2008 - 10:34 PM

I would like for it to be like a 20 Seconds=One in game minute.It would feel more realistic to me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users