Photo

1 day = 24 minutes

123 replies to this topic
NoSkillz187
  • NoSkillz187

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

i wouldnt mind 48 minutes to equal a full day. But no way in hell would R* ever put real time in the game.

Mr. Someguy
  • Mr. Someguy

Gold Member

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

They should make 1 second = 1 second. If you want a different time of day, then go save and you will advance 9 hours. smile.gif

TheScorpion
  • TheScorpion

Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't sh*t...

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

I'm all up for the 1 minute in game = 1 minute in real life.

It's seriously not hard to accomplish because when you want to advance in time you just sleep/save game with you being given the option to advance in x/xx hours. And if a job is on the horizon, a notice or warning will be displayed to you so it's up to you whether you want to miss a mission or particular job. It just needs a few tweaks here and there, but with the right minds at Rockstar I think it wouldn't be so difficult and would really stretch the length of the game out a bit, which I would look forward to. I want this game to take me months to complete, even bordering a year.

Maybe I'm just asking for too much though dozingoff.gif

NoSkillz187
  • NoSkillz187

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:46 PM

You guys want a life sim. Not gta.

TheScorpion
  • TheScorpion

Can't see, can't spit, can't pee, can't sh*t...

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 09:54 PM

QUOTE (NoSkillz187 @ Dec 19 2007, 21:46)
You guys want a life sim. Not gta.

Nope, I don't want anything like a life simulator, I want the original hardcore grand theft auto gameplay, but just beefed up and more realistic. Time is only a tiny fraction of realism to me.

colin66
  • colin66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (Stanley_Coleman @ Dec 19 2007, 21:03)
what if a mission calls for it to start at a specific time, and even sleeping or any other way to put the time forward could still cause you to miss the mission

lol how could you possibly do that? Are you saying you could virtually over sleep? For god sake, set a time and go to 'sleep mode' (for instance) and you're there

I'm all for it. I want realism, not some cartoony world. And isn't that where GTA is suppose to be heading? Sure, there is no point introducing something for realism if it detracts for the game playing experience, getting pulled over for speeding for instance, but as for 'real-time' gameplay, it's the way to go man

BlackMamba47
  • BlackMamba47

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:19 PM

QUOTE (colin66 @ Dec 19 2007, 22:16)
what if a mission calls for it to start at a specific time, and even sleeping or any other way to put the time forward could still cause you to miss the mission

lol how could you possibly do that? Are you saying you could virtually over sleep? For god sake, set a time and go to 'sleep mode' (for instance) and you're there

I'm all for it. I want realism, not some cartoony world. And isn't that where GTA is suppose to be heading? Sure, there is no point introducing something for realism if it detracts for the game playing experience, getting pulled over for speeding for instance, but as for 'real-time' gameplay, it's the way to go man

Ok. Lets say its 5:00 pm, and a mission is timed to start at 9:00 pm that day. Using your logic, you would go to sleep for 6 hours, as you do whenever you save in other GTA games, and somehow still arrive at 9:00 pm that day, even though you overslept for 2 hours. If you want so much realism, shouldn't the laws of time and space also apply, i.e., you cannot go back in time?

AngelArchHunter
  • AngelArchHunter

Snitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:28 PM

but still remember there is a in game CALENDAR.

how would this work properly if the days were really short..

well i think i heard there was a in game calendar. wow.gif

colin66
  • colin66

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:31 PM

QUOTE (BlackMamba47 @ Dec 19 2007, 22:19)

Ok. Lets say its 5:00 pm, and a mission is timed to start at 9:00 pm that day. Using your logic, you would go to sleep for 6 hours, as you do whenever you save in other GTA games, and somehow still arrive at 9:00 pm that day, even though you overslept for 2 hours. If you want so much realism, shouldn't the laws of time and space also apply, i.e., you cannot go back in time?

Where did you get 6 hours from? So you couldn't for instance set the sleep time to 3 hours, or 10 hours or even 24 if you really wanted to?

jblankster
  • jblankster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (GtaFreak_blingbling @ Apr 25 2007, 10:18)
Yeah they should change it to the clock on your system , you know , when it's night at your location it will be night in the game so when you're playing during the night you'll be playing in a city filled with dangerous people walking out of dark alleys .

And when It's daylight where you live, it'll be daylight in GtaIV and the sun goes down allmost at the same time , and then you have seasons right tounge.gif

So when it's winter it'll snow and stuff and when it's summer the sun will stay longer and the moon in the sky will dissapear really fast like in real life.

And then you have people that change right ?
So when you played the game for 8 years and you saw a little girl of 14 on the street and you know where she lives in NYC ( euh LC) and you go visit her 8 years later and you make love to her because she likes you and she is 22 now you know ...

Ok maybe that's allready a bit tomuch to ask from Rockstar , but maybe not huh.

Who would like to see the game time go as fast or as slow as real life , so one minute in the game is one minute in real life ...

suicidal.gif

Hmmmm cookie tastes nice cookie.gif

This is crazy ! ... Crazy ? THIS IS GTA IV !!!!!!!!!!!!!

as much as i would love it like that. then id be playing constantly at night sad.gif maby they can have it like 1 week irl= 1 year in the game, and set it up like that?

BlackMamba47
  • BlackMamba47

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (colin66 @ Dec 19 2007, 22:31)
QUOTE (BlackMamba47 @ Dec 19 2007, 22:19)

Where did you get 6 hours from? So you couldn't for instance set the sleep time to 3 hours, or 10 hours or even 24 if you really wanted to?

People are using the sleep timer from the previous GTA games, which advance time by six hours. You couldn't change how long you "slept" in those. If R* decides to keep it like that, it would cause the player to have to carefully plan out every individual thing they do so they don't miss an important mission because they stayed out too late and "overslept". I want more realism, and I'm sure others do as well, but what we don't want is to have to completely micromanage our time outside of the game to manage the time inside the game if the whole system clock route or 1 minute RL = 1 minute in-game route is taken, which I don't think it will be.

rrool
  • rrool

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:45 PM

yes...i hope they change that sh*t..... wow.gif

Hot Rod
  • Hot Rod

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

Lengthening the days and nights will allow the players to do more during those times and will allow them more time to witness the city at different hours. It will also make the night/day transition more natural. Days and night don't suddenly switch in as they did in previous GTAs they creep up on you and having that in GTA IV will be a big plus.

Like many of you I think 48 minutes = 1 in-game day is the perfect solution.

FrozenFire
  • FrozenFire

Holy crap

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (Hot Rod @ Dec 19 2007, 16:50)
Like many of you I think 48 minutes = 1 in-game day is the perfect solution.

49.1 >:0

...Lol, anyway..I think the timer was alright. I had no problem with it.
But I do agree, SLIGHTLY longer days and nights wouldn't hurt.

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 19 December 2007 - 11:05 PM

al they need to do is make the seconds a little slower

EG: 3 sec = 1 sec

But they do not show this the GTA time stays but it just goes a little slower than usuall;so one day is 3 times 24

so who reckons this would be ideal.

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:48 AM

If anything, they wont change it for 'realism', they will change it basically for the in game calendar. I'm thinking 1hour=1 day.

BobbyUK
  • BobbyUK

Peon

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:49 AM

well its been stated that time is gonna become a very important part of this game, so why would rockstar keep the 6 hour skip when you save it makes no real sense, this intire board has horribly been represented by this thread and the three factions are represented

those who want no change whats so ever, which i personally cant understand

those who want to play moar sims!!!!11

and those that just want the best gta game they can get, personally if times gonna play that big a part in this game then days will be lengthened and the phone alarm thing could be implemented, your not gonna have a calander on your phone for no reason are you?

GoodGino
  • GoodGino

Snitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:52 AM

I agree it should be longer. A minute for a minute wouldnt work, especially when you might have to wait a few days to complete a mission, who wants to really wait that long. Doubling what is currently existent would be good. But it is difficult to imagine they will change it but nothing else factors in so well mathematically than the 24minutes=24hours system.

DML
  • DML

PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 01:57 AM

While the minute=hour system is ok, it needs to be a tad bit more realistic than that. It should be more like Elderscrolls Morrowind or Oblivion; time should be considerably longer, however you can sleep (wherever -- home, hotel, car) to regain energy etc, and to pass the time.

FiS!!HeR
  • FiS!!HeR

Villager

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:15 AM

some people want it 24 minutes , and the others 24 hours !

In fact , I want it 24 minutes . because , I will tire until the night coming if it was 24 hours .

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:30 AM

24 HOURS? Are people f*cken crazy?
Just think about it...
Some missions take 'DAYS'. As in, in-game days.

Nabbesnabb
  • Nabbesnabb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:31 AM

Rather than having the daytime in the game follow the daytime of your location IRL I'd rather just have it follow it's own time, but still have 1 hour = 60 IRL minutes. It would be lame for the guys who could only play at time or night due to job or school to only be able to see one of the sides of the game. They'd hardly ever see the night or daytime.

Better to just let the clock go, let it go 6 hours forward when you save and when you go out of the game the clock stops. So when you go back to the game the time of the day will still be the same as when you left it. Pretty much like in the previous game, only difference is that one day in game will last 24 real hours, unless you skip through the days by mass saving a lot. Night missions would still skip forward in time.

Nabbesnabb
  • Nabbesnabb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:32 AM

QUOTE (ceedot @ Dec 20 2007, 02:30)
Just think about it...

How do you know some missions in GTA IV takes days?

BlackMamba47
  • BlackMamba47

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

QUOTE (Nabbesnabb @ Dec 20 2007, 02:32)
QUOTE (ceedot @ Dec 20 2007, 02:30)
Just think about it...

How do you know some missions in GTA IV takes days?

Because the last major previews before the delay detailed a mission where Niko had to set up an interview with a law firm, and between the time the interview was set, he completed a separate mission. The demo interview started a few minutes after, but the previews and R* said that the actual consumer game would have the interview occur a few in-game days after it was set.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:35 AM

Hopefully 48 minutes for one day
seriously 24 minutes wasn't enough and they didn't have enough hours of night in the game, i want to be able to have enough time to experience night in GTA4...they can always add a sleep option so you can choose the number of hours you want to pass if your really that desperate to skip night

TheTruePiMs
  • TheTruePiMs

Old Player

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:39 AM

I hope 24hours in the game could be 48 minutes in real (1 GTA hour = 2 real minutes).
We can more appreciate the sunset !!!!!!! biggrin.gif

Lol Carbine23 : same idea at the same time !

Nabbesnabb
  • Nabbesnabb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 02:43 AM

To please everyone, they should make a cheat code or something where we can decide how long a 24h day is ourselves.

Like... typing: "Day: 24h/48m/2sec/" etc. ^^ Then I'd do the 24h one and go yay. It just doesn't feel right that the days go so fast that your shadows almost move faster than you. Like you see on that big .gif picture on page 1 or 2, the cars hardly get to cross the street before the shadows have crossed it.

JoeMac
  • JoeMac

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 04:30 AM

48 minutes irl to equal 1 day in game is a good amount of time not too much and not too little

MISTO
  • MISTO

Fries eater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 10:58 AM

In san andreas, the shadows of the trees are moving really fastly.

Maybe just 5 real secs=1 minute ingame.

That makes 2 real hours for one day ingame

jacquesdutronc
  • jacquesdutronc

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 December 2007 - 11:34 AM

I like how it is in saints row: 36 minute days. But i like 24 minutes ones too. Meh, whatever, as long as they dont drag on forever

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users