Photo

Plane won't take off

8 replies to this topic
Ahiru
  • Ahiru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:21 AM

I couldn't find another thread talking about this.

In the second mission for the movie set your meant to fly the seaplane round to distribute the flyers. I can't get the plane to take off. It just seems to wade through the water. Is there a button I'm meant to be holding down other than forward and turning? I haven't played vice city for several months so have forgotten the ins and outs of this particular mission I'm playing on my PC.

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:24 AM

The mission is Dildo Dodo, and you fly the Skimmer with the same controls as a bike - you need to 'lean back' to pull the nose into the air and thus take off. Simply holding the throttle and turning will, as you have discovered, leave you well and truly grounded.

Ahiru
  • Ahiru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:55 AM

I've been trying that, all I do is carry on taking a tour of the water and waste petrol sad.gif

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

So you are saying that the lean up/down keys worked for the bike flawlessly? If yes, then I don't have to recommend you to click on the 'Restore Defaults' button in Controller Setup main menu.

If you have a laptop -> make sure you are pressing down on the correct key properly. If you have a desktop -> while holding onto the [UP] arrow key, hold down onto the [6] key as well on the numpad simultaneously (some keyboards don't allow you to press down on multiple keys at once). Note: The plane won't take off right away, you need to keep tapping on the [6] key while in the water for long periods. Take 2 Support has info on flying the plane. It's in the FAQ link.

By the way, this is assuming you have a keyboard and nothin' else like a joystick/gamepad. I heard pressing the [ESC] to get into the main menu and pressing it again, might not allow the keyboard to respond to your commands if you don't try repressing the correct key again.

Ahiru
  • Ahiru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 12:45 AM

I went back and tried again. Whenever I'm pressing six either in the seaplane or on a motorcycle the vehicle keeps pulling to the side, it won't go in a straight line. Would this be the reason why I can't take off? Is there any way to stop this?

Ring_of_Fire
  • Ring_of_Fire

Glitching is fun!

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

Hold onto the [6] key on the numpad, while holding down the [UP] arrow key to accelerate. It can't not go in a straight line unless you are pressing on the [Left/Right] arrow keys. Just to make sure it isn't any control conflicts, go into the 'Controller Setup' main menu and select Restore Defaults. Try to see if the plane now lifts off into the air after holding down the [UP] arrow key and the [6] key simultaneously.

Ahiru
  • Ahiru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:50 AM

I turned the frame limiter back on, that did the trick. It figures, I thought my graphics card could take having the frame limiter off but I guess not.

Thanks for your help smile.gif

Justin
  • Justin

have a cigar

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (Ahiru @ Apr 25 2007, 12:50)
I thought my graphics card could take having the frame limiter off but I guess not.

Frame limiters exist to help those with higher-end machines - I'd only ever turn off the limiter on a low-end machine. wink.gif

Ahiru
  • Ahiru

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 07:50 AM

What specs would you describe a high end machine as having given vice city is older now? tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users