Photo

New Fake Maps Topic

139 replies to this topic
tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 04:55 PM

in a magazine they said the biggest island wud be new jersey which is the biggest one on my map. i forget what they call it in gta4...

rory990
  • rory990

GTA V :D

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 14 2007, 16:55)
in a magazine they said the biggest island wud be new jersey which is the biggest one on my map. i forget what they call it in gta4...

it is called Alderney

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:32 PM

a mag said gta4 is going to be about 75% the size of san andreas so i made a pic to show the comparison

user posted image

-Eddie-
  • -Eddie-

Respect list?

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:35 PM

QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 15 2007, 20:32)
a mag said gta4 is going to be about 75% the size of san andreas so i made a pic to show the comparison

user posted image

Don't forget, it's supposed to be almost entirely urban/built-up areas. There will probably be a little bit of sea and a river for the Statue of Happiness island.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (-Eddie- @ Oct 15 2007, 20:35)
QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 15 2007, 20:32)

user posted image

Don't forget, it's supposed to be almost entirely urban/built-up areas. There will probably be a little bit of sea and a river for the Statue of Happiness island.

correction. they said that almost all land would be built up. water can be as big as they want it to be. its all the same

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:39 PM

ya they said its supose to be alot denser than san an. also there wont be airports and as u can see in SA the airports take up like 1/4 of each city

willgtavcs
  • willgtavcs

haven't been here for years

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 08:52 PM

QUOTE (kimd41 @ May 22 2007, 13:08)
QUOTE (PhillOS @ May 22 2007, 13:00)
unmarked version coming up..

i havn't really made myself familiar with the IV equivalent names of NY's boroughs so a quick run through of what neighborhoods i need to change will be greatly appreciated. smile.gif

user posted image

A thing i however found hard, is the fact that either i was gonna create an 'island' based concept, or i was gonna go with the mainland 'roads blocked'. The problem with the 'mainland' is, where to block the road, where will it lead after that. While the island suffers from uninteresting sides as you mention, Cant really put a sandy beach there, cause its NYC, cant put a harbor 360' around the map either.

The map is great! But there's supposed to be an Airport. tounge.gif

i reckon it will be bigger than that that is only a little bit bigger than liberty city 2001

and the bronx is separated from manhattan and where is cooney island

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:07 PM

heres a revised version of my map. the other one was a little big

user posted image

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:33 PM

If I recall, there were 2 islands in GTA IV. It was mentioned on a demo that they saw it in a pause screen after Niko died right before the TV went off. Perhaps a map similar in shape to Vice City? rolleyes.gif

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (manofpeace @ Oct 15 2007, 21:33)
If I recall, there were 2 islands in GTA IV. It was mentioned on a demo that they saw it in a pause screen after Niko died right before the TV went off. Perhaps a map similar in shape to Vice City? rolleyes.gif

im pretty sure there wud be at least three. cuz if brooklyn and queens were connected and manhattan and the bronx were connected there wud still be new jersey

bigmitchbaker
  • bigmitchbaker

hiphopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:08 PM

whats this http://img218.images...gtaivmapbg5.png notify.gif

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:17 PM

i think its where the statue of happiness is

bigmitchbaker
  • bigmitchbaker

hiphopotamus vs Rhymenoceros

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:35 PM

thats what i was thinking but i wasnt sure

FiendJager666
  • FiendJager666

Your mom was my special someone last night.

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 15 2007, 15:39)
ya they said its supose to be alot denser than san an. also there wont be airports and as u can see in SA the airports take up like 1/4 of each city

There will be an airport, you just can't fly the planes, sorta like Vice City? Maybe.

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 02:31 AM

airport but no airplanes? what a waste of space. r* said theyre gettin rid of wasted space too.

onelilfizzle
  • onelilfizzle

Thats what she said

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:29 AM

dam this is a great re-topic. hella better then other ones. good quality.

Singey
  • Singey

Uzi lover

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:26 PM

Ive been making a map for Liberty City ever since it was known that the game would be set there, and ive been working on it on and off for over 6 months (usually about 15 mins a week) and finally I finished it the other day.

Realistic size? Id say yes, but there are a few faults. Firstly the subway system is a little over-ambitious and confusing. Also, there are two airports in my map and not one which does take up space, I may change that. Algonquin is a little small but still has many buildings which could be skyscrapers. I think though I have taken into account many of the screens and their positions in relation to roads and buildings, but in some areas there may not be a perfect resemblance.

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

dxk
  • dxk

The Boss...

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:35 PM

QUOTE (el monoro @ Apr 24 2007, 08:16)
hey everyone i couldn't find the other fake map topic as it hasn't had any posts for ages. so here is a fake map i made of aldonquin. what do you think?

user posted image

did you make it outta nothin or had reference from NY maps???????????

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE (Singey @ Oct 18 2007, 15:26)
Ive been making a map for Liberty City ever since it was known that the game would be set there, and ive been working on it on and off for over 6 months (usually about 15 mins a week) and finally I finished it the other day.

Realistic size? Id say yes, but there are a few faults. Firstly the subway system is a little over-ambitious and confusing. Also, there are two airports in my map and not one which does take up space, I may change that. Algonquin is a little small but still has many buildings which could be skyscrapers. I think though I have taken into account many of the screens and their positions in relation to roads and buildings, but in some areas there may not be a perfect resemblance.

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

dam thats pretty nice, but i hope the airports wont be that big since we wont be using them. i heard that there was only supose to be one airport btw

edit: i see u already mentioned that...

i.v
  • i.v

One Man Army

• Members

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:04 PM

QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 18 2007, 10:52)

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

dam thats pretty nice, but i hope the airports wont be that big since we wont be using them. i heard that there was only supose to be one airport btw

edit: i see u already mentioned that...

soon as i seen that i wish that was the map thas biggg

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 October 2007 - 04:08 PM

QUOTE (stingey)

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

I can safely say, that without a doubt, that is the best map I've seen so far. A lot of work has gone into that, and it really shows.

Well done, that man smile.gif

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 01:19 AM

QUOTE (nealmac @ Oct 18 2007, 16:08)
QUOTE (stingey)

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

I can safely say, that without a doubt, that is the best map I've seen so far. A lot of work has gone into that, and it really shows.

Well done, that man smile.gif

I was gana say that!!!!

well i hope thats the map we'll have in the game

Mafioso86
  • Mafioso86

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:02 AM

user posted image

That's really cool. I think they said Alderney was going to be smallish tho and what i'm assuming is yankee stadium looks bigger than central park lol. But other than those two little things it looks great

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:19 PM

no they said alderney was supose to be the biggest

nealmac
  • nealmac

Low lie, the fields of Anfield Road

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:24 PM

QUOTE (tdog07029 @ Oct 23 2007, 17:19)
no they said alderney was supose to be the biggest

Where did they say that? I think Mafioso86 is spot on the mark.

tdog07029
  • tdog07029

Peon

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 04:46 PM

it was in a mag a while back. im not sure it was confirmed but thats what they said

daata
  • daata

Trick

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 October 2007 - 05:18 PM

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

one problem, R* said there will only be one airport

its great though i dont think i have the patience

Jimmarn
  • Jimmarn

Soldier

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 October 2007 - 08:39 PM Edited by Jimmarn, 23 October 2007 - 09:03 PM.

QUOTE (el monoro @ Apr 25 2007, 01:35)
here is one I made that is alot more geographically correct than the last one, and has mainly algonquin with some of the bronx (bohan) in the top right and also liberty island in the bottom left. this one also seems the right size for the game. i'm also working on the 2 other parts of the map, one with more of the bronx, queens, and brooklyn, and another with new jersey. what do u think of this one:

Photo

if ur wondering what the space at the top is (the square) there's like a baseball stadium representing yankee stadium.

Very nice i think that would be more like it! wow.. very nice.. really can't wait to see wthe real! smile.gif

QUOTE (stingey)

Thank you for your time.

user posted image

And WOW! i really must say that thats what i mostly think it'll be like, only like you say one airport and maby not so big... that would be amazing... really, looking forward to see the real... maby this is more like it

Singey
  • Singey

Uzi lover

• Members

Posted 23 October 2007 - 10:06 PM

Thanks a lot for your comments everyone and for those of you who didnt bother to read I did mention I had put 2 airports in there when I knew there was only meant to be 1. I just never really fixed it

Ak4tsevEn
  • Ak4tsevEn

XXIX.IV.MMVIII

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 January 2008 - 12:50 AM

Here is a very detailed and realistic, but fake, looking map of GTA IV's take on Liberty City, courtesy of Brotha.

But i must point out, i think Liberty city with have far more streets and blocks than Brotha's interpretation, but of course, only time will tell.

Full credit go's to Brotha, tell me what you think of his drawing....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users