Photo

New Fake Maps Topic

139 replies to this topic
el monoro
  • el monoro

Rat

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:16 AM

hey everyone i couldn't find the other fake map topic as it hasn't had any posts for ages. so here is a fake map i made of aldonquin. what do you think?

user posted image

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:24 AM

You did that? Freaking awesome. I hope the Manhattan will look like that.

felanguicle
  • felanguicle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 08:43 AM

Sweet map El Monoro! It'll be awesome if the city is anything like that - it'd definitely give some sense to what Dan Houser said about R* not wasting an inch of the map!

Billy.The.Mountain
  • Billy.The.Mountain

Slimey

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:41 AM

QUOTE (felanguicle @ Apr 24 2007, 08:43)
it'd definitely give some sense to what Dan Houser said about R* not wasting an inch of the map!

I don't think one burough will be that detailed, but that is a great effort mercie_blink.gif

At the above comment, I took that as meaning, not so much adding a tonne of buildings but adding more to the buildings. But only time will tell smile.gif

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

I like it, but unfortunately I doubt it'll be that big. There are 4 other areas as well and it's said to be smaller than San Andreas.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

In the GI FAQ, Reiner states that traversing the great city of Liberty will be much more realistic in distance. Take for example of San Andreas, it took us, say, 2 minutes to get from state to state. So hopefully, to get across the city of Liberty, it'll take us a good 4 minutes!

Singey
  • Singey

Uzi lover

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Coral_City @ Apr 24 2007, 11:07)
In the GI FAQ, Reiner states that traversing the great city of Liberty will be much more realistic in distance. Take for example of San Andreas, it took us, say, 2 minutes to get from state to state. So hopefully, to get across the city of Liberty, it'll take us a good 4 minutes!

There will be less main roads so traversing across the city will take a while if you ask me. SA had a vague ringroad all around the state so it was easy.

Good map drawing btw el monoro, I very much doubt it will be that detailed though.

totti868
  • totti868

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (el monoro @ Apr 24 2007, 08:16)
hey everyone i couldn't find the other fake map topic as it hasn't had any posts for ages. so here is a fake map i made of aldonquin. what do you think?

user posted image

maybe the whole map will be the size of this borough

MoCrO-007
  • MoCrO-007

MasteR-Moo

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 03:03 PM

QUOTE (el monoro @ Apr 24 2007, 08:16)

user posted image

It looks awsome, the 2 big bridges (lefd and right) look like its made for the 2 Extra episodic downloads, real nice.

Meat puppet
  • Meat puppet

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

Shouldn't this kinda be transported to the Laying out LC-topic? It's good by the way icon13.gif

PCJ.
  • PCJ.

Shaggy

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (White Flight @ Apr 24 2007, 10:43)
I like it, but unfortunately I doubt it'll be that big. There are 4 other areas as well and it's said to be smaller than San Andreas.

I disagree, it looks roughly about the size of Los Santos, and given the it is likely to be the main borough, I think that size would be perfectly realistic. If you insert 4 more sparsely populated boroughs, I would have thought thats about right.

padmoi
  • padmoi

hayer plater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

QUOTE (PCJ. @ Apr 24 2007, 16:43)
I disagree, it looks roughly about the size of Los Santos, and given the it is likely to be the main borough, I think that size would be perfectly realistic. If you insert 4 more sparsely populated boroughs, I would have thought thats about right.

nah it'll be the other way around, buildings in the city will go up to save space and the buildings in the suburbs are houses and such.

did no one notice that theres no broadway or avenues(5th avenue especially)...well, sorta no avenues.

but still an incredible effort mate, pat yourself on the back.

el monoro
  • el monoro

Rat

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 01:35 AM Edited by el monoro, 25 April 2007 - 01:37 AM.

here is one I made that is alot more geographically correct than the last one, and has mainly algonquin with some of the bronx (bohan) in the top right and also liberty island in the bottom left. this one also seems the right size for the game. i'm also working on the 2 other parts of the map, one with more of the bronx, queens, and brooklyn, and another with new jersey. what do u think of this one:
user posted image

if ur wondering what the space at the top is (the square) there's like a baseball stadium representing yankee stadium.

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 02:53 AM

The new map is most likely more correct then the old one, but where is Times Square!? angry.gif

EDIT- NVM I see it.

defibrillator
  • defibrillator

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 25 April 2007 - 03:14 AM

you should play sim city!

krashdown
  • krashdown

PSN: Krashdown_

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:45 PM Edited by krashdown, 08 May 2007 - 02:22 PM.

This is a map of what I think the new Liberty City will be like. I made It thinking that San Andreas islands would only just fit in the frame with no oceans.

I think that it should be connected to the mainland but there is a disaster/UFO cover-up to the North and an army base to the South and the Cochrane dam in between and if you pass the yellow line then the police and army try and kill you it should be a countryside area but he only way you can really explore it should be with a cheat to lock the wanted level otherwise with a six star wanted level until you hit the edge of the map and die.

user posted image

When the bridges block off the other islands it should be because Niko is an immigrant and they are looking for him to deport him. Other people can pass into the other islands but if you do then the cops come after you like in San Andreas or like the yellow line thing I was on about before this should go away once you do a mission to become a citizen.

They are just my ideas, I didnít know too much about New York so if the map is totally stupid thatís why.

ExtermelySmartMan
  • ExtermelySmartMan

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (krashdown @ May 8 2007, 13:45)
This is a map of what I think the new Liberty City will be like. I made It thinking that San Andreas islands would only just fit in the frame with no oceans.

I think that it should be connected to the mainland but there is a disaster/UFO cover-up to the North and an army base to the South and the Cochrane dam in between and if you pass the yellow line then the police and army try and kill you it should be a countryside area but he only way you can really explore it should be with a cheat to lock the wanted level otherwise with a six star wanted level until you hit the edge of the map and die.

When they bridges block the other islands it should be because Niko is an immigrant and they are looking for him to deport him. Other people can pass into the other islands but if you do then the cops come after you like in San Andreas or like the yellow line thing I was on about before this should go away once you do a mission to become a citizen.

They are just my ideas, I didnít know too much about New York so if the map is totally stupid thatís why.

It's just a little weird how Bohan is on the same island as Alconquin.

Why does your custom title say "Wheelman"?

krashdown
  • krashdown

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:55 PM

QUOTE (ExtermelySmartMan @ May 8 2007, 13:51)

if i was robbing a bank thats what i would be doing and i thought that it sounded cool

ExtermelySmartMan
  • ExtermelySmartMan

Playa

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (krashdown @ May 8 2007, 13:55)

if i was robbing a bank thats what i would be doing and i thought that it sounded cool

Okey dokey.

But yeah, if you fix the Bohan-thing it would look better. Maybe you could separate it from Alcoquin and make it a little bigger so that it almost touches Dukes.

krashdown
  • krashdown

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:07 PM

QUOTE (ExtermelySmartMan @ May 8 2007, 13:58)
QUOTE (krashdown @ May 8 2007, 13:55)

Okey dokey.

But yeah, if you fix the Bohan-thing it would look better. Maybe you could separate it from Alcoquin and make it a little bigger so that it almost touches Dukes.

user posted image

is that what you meant

Whetstone
  • Whetstone

Hello

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 04:59 PM

Maybe Rockstar is lying , maybe Things will be different means they are lying maybe GTA IV will be HUGE! and planes will be included.

Things .....WILL Be Different!

Niteye
  • Niteye

Hustler

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 05:03 PM

I wouldn't dwell so much on that "things will be different" line. It's just the title of the trailer because Niko says it in the trailer, hoping that things will be different from home.
Like SA had a trailer called "welcome to the jungle". As far as I can tell SA had no jungle, it just was the name of the song played in the cutscene.

dbigh
  • dbigh

The Big H

• Members

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:23 PM

i acually think the game will start off in New Jersey... since the biggest airport is there, and obviosly the Niko came from plane, also its a great setting

krashdown
  • krashdown

• D1RTY12
  • Australia

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (dbigh @ May 8 2007, 21:23)
i acually think the game will start off in New Jersey... since the biggest airport is there, and obviosly the Niko came from plane, also its a great setting

Maybe he got sumggled into the country because thats what the trailer said he used to do for other people... wow.gif And kill them biggrin.gif

d00d
  • d00d

Common sense with a baseball bat

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 09 May 2007 - 03:56 PM

I think getting in illegally is a possibility too. The part in the trailer where he says "smuggled people" and it shows the big tanker/boat kind of stirs suspicion.

Also, excellent jobs with the maps. Thats some serious effort and excellent product there icon14.gif

fat_face
  • fat_face

Speedballer

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 04:52 PM

I could be wrong, but i assumed that niko came into the country on the big boat in the trailer, seeing as hes a people smuggler and he cant really smuggle people on a plane, except a cargo plane i guess.

CrocodileDundee
  • CrocodileDundee

Liverpool FC

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 May 2007 - 05:29 PM

But wasnt romanīs taxi depot in broker, so shouldnt he start there.

PhillOS
  • PhillOS

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 11:08 AM

Here's a little something i've been working on for some time now

I'll give you a sneak preview of the map, which will be ready and finished very soon!

user posted image

I believe this represents something quite close to the final map..

Demain
  • Demain

In the end, it doesn't even matter.

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:13 PM

Great Map, Central Park should be bigger, and too much "Phillos"

PhillOS
  • PhillOS

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 22 May 2007 - 12:22 PM

yeah CP bothered me since i scaled it out in the first place, but i'll easily make a block of two larger.

the 'phillos' will disappear on the final product.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users