» «
Photo

Radio Stations

121 replies to this topic
ecwphan
  • ecwphan

gtaphan

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 01:56 AM Edited by ecwphan, 15 June 2007 - 02:06 AM.

they should have a reaggeton and spanish hip-hop station playing stuff like daddy yankee,don omar,pitbull,and the rest of them.the stations name could be Reggaeton y Hip-Hop Milenio FM

nerull1025
  • nerull1025

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 02:17 AM

Read, my, keystrokes,
METAL STATION! devil.gif
4 pages of convo and barely a mention. There's been too much rock, ratio-wise anyway, and not enough metal, since the closest thing they've actually had to it was prolly Them Bones (which is just sad).

I no its in evitable not to have atleast two stations of rap polluting the airwaves barf8bd.gif since they couldnt have a station supporting both the East and West sides, cause otherwise the universe would implode, but I just hope it doesnt take up half the soundtrack leaving the other half stuck with a bunch of pop, new wave, rock and oldie stuff, although the rock in GTA is oldie stuff anyway (and hopefully a classical station as well).

I've said it before, nothing mixes musically with tons of violence and driving at breakneck speed like metal.

If they actually put an entire station devoted to it, though really it deserves two or three stations MUCH more than rap since theres many more genres of it and tons of degrees and combinations of heavy goodness but oh well thats the crime of mainstream pop culture, and did it reasonably well than I won't have to have a heart attack if they don't allow a custom soundtrack using the hard drive.
If not die.gif rahkstar2.gif

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:13 AM

They need about 3 major rap stations since in NY there is Hot 97, 105, and the other 1. They need to have an oldschool rap station with stuff like Biggie, the old Mobb Deep, the old 50 Cent, the old Jay Z and stuff like that because the rap thats on the radio is that stupid ass South bubblegum type rap that I hate even tho I don't think Hot 97 plays south rap. Paul Wall, Lil Keke, Lil Boosie and Webbie are a few good South rappers.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:16 AM

QUOTE (Broker Gangsta @ Jun 14 2007, 22:13)
They need about 3 major rap stations since in NY there is Hot 97, 105, and the other 1. They need to have an oldschool rap station with stuff like Biggie, the old Mobb Deep, the old 50 Cent, the old Jay Z and stuff like that because the rap thats on the radio is that stupid ass South bubblegum type rap that I hate even tho I don't think Hot 97 plays south rap. Paul Wall, Lil Keke, Lil Boosie and Webbie are a few good South rappers.

Dude, are you gay?

Nah, but how would R* be able to fit an over-sized city, extreme graphics, and three rap stations along with the other stations? Cut us some slack, man. Just have one Rap station with all of them combined.

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:18 AM

QUOTE (manofpeace @ Jun 15 2007, 03:16)

Dude, are you gay?

Nah, but how would R* be able to fit an over-sized city, extreme graphics, and three rap stations along with the other stations? Cut us some slack, man. Just have one Rap station with all of them combined.

Are u gay u f*cking weirdo. U probably listen to Elton Jon and sh*t like that.

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE (Broker Gangsta @ Jun 14 2007, 22:18)

Dude, are you gay?

Who the f*ck is Elton Jon? I was just messin' with 'cha. A radio station for every genre, I say. sly.gif

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (manofpeace @ Jun 15 2007, 03:20)
QUOTE (Broker Gangsta @ Jun 14 2007, 22:18)

Dude, are you gay?

Who the f*ck is Elton Jon? I was just messin' with 'cha. A radio station for every genre, I say. sly.gif

O well then i apologize biggrin.gif But I liked in Saints Row that had about 2 or 3 radio stations for every genre not to mention your audio player. Thats how I hope 4s radio will be.

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:26 AM Edited by Brish, 15 June 2007 - 03:30 AM.

It was a little harsh to call you gay because of your musical taste, but 4 stations playing mainsteam hip-hop music (Pop, Lock and Drop It x100/ Everyday I'm Hustling x1000) is a bit much. Plus, mainstream hip-hop music's main goal is to turn inner city kids into materialistic anti-intellectuals, and materialistic anti-intellectuals rarely get far in life. dozingoff.gif

...And Elton John is a very talented musician, who cares if he's gay? It should be about the music, not the lifestyle. confused.gif

Broker Gangsta
  • Broker Gangsta

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (Brish @ Jun 15 2007, 03:26)
It was a little harsh to call you gay because of your musical taste, but 4 stations playing mainsteam hip-hop music (Pop, Lock and Drop It x100/ Everyday I'm Hustling x1000) is a bit much. Plus mainstream hip-hop music's main goal is to turn inner city kids into materialistic anti-intellectuals, and materialistic anti-intellectuals rarely get far in life. dozingoff.gif

...And Elton John is a very talented musician, who cares if he's gay? It should be about the music and not about the lifestyle. confused.gif

Well you saw me say I hated that mainstream rap because I ahte the South except a few people. But I was just saying have 1 for old school rap and like in NY Hot 97 oly plays East Coast rap so have the Liberty Jam back or Game FM as Hot 97 and just 1 more for Power 105 and they can do this with all musical genres for all I care. All I listen to is rap, the talk, the r&b stations in VC and a few rock sttions like V-Rock because I kinda liked it in VC. They should make it like real radio where there is like 2 or 3 stations for every genre.

xrzax
  • xrzax

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:34 AM

I think that there should be a station for punk,hardcore, rockabilly,psychobilly as all these styles of music share elements from one another and many of these styles came about in New York and surrounding areas.

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

The actual New York City radio stations:

Point of Reference

OG-LOC R360
  • OG-LOC R360

Group: BSC-FC

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 07:24 AM

I've put up some 'blanks', I'm not bothered researching tonight because I've just finished exams. But I did update the first post, look it up on the first page. If youre putting up a song, put both the song and artist's name, and the genre it's in, or the bit you left out, I leave out, unless I know it.

nerull1025
  • nerull1025

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 06:35 PM

lol oh man was that list of NY's actual stations funny. There's only 3 rap stations, titled as "urban music" barf8bd.gif , and there's actually more jazz than anything else, who knew?
Oh well guess it just goes to show you that a lot of people prefer music made by people who actually no how to play an instrument or two rather than destroying a record to make "wicky wicky" sounds and retarded synthesized bass beats so the gansta wannabes can drive down the road at all hours of the night drooling on eachother as the bass turns their brains to a thin sludge, or maybe they just prefer actual music in general.
Though I really wouldnt mind if, like that guy said, there would be several stations for every genre, that way everybody's happy, and although its always possible I very much doubt it will happen since audio data is the one thing thats hard to compress not to mention the amount of cash theyd have to shell out for all those licensed tracks that can and is being spent on better things like physics monocle.gif .

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 15 June 2007 - 08:22 PM

i want flashback and radio los santa back bored.gif

ecwphan
  • ecwphan

gtaphan

• Members

Posted 16 June 2007 - 03:42 AM

might i suggest changing radio esperanto from just being a mexican song station to latino because daddy yankee and don omar are puerto rican(as am i) pitbull is cuban and shakira is colombian i think.

also
pitbull-ay chico
don omar-angelito & reggeton latino(remix)
daddy yankee-impacto(remix)

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:24 PM

Revived.

I see no reason for this topic to die. Please continue.

V Rock should be moved to Liberty City. Old Timer Cousin Ed, lol.

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:25 PM

there should be a metal and a rock radio. not only one that contains rock and metal biggrin.gif

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:26 PM

Anybody with a Paypal account wanna bet on whether or not there will be another Head Radio?

2 to 1 odds. I'm betting there will be.

Bhavesh.Chauhan
  • Bhavesh.Chauhan

Peon

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:27 PM

QUOTE (james_root @ Jun 25 2007, 20:25)
there should be a metal and a rock radio. not only one that contains rock and metal biggrin.gif

i won't really mind if they were together or not.. but if they had two separate stations like that i would listen to more of the rock station.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

I don't really like it in games when they have lesser known artists like IV is going to have. I was hoping to see some big name artists record exclusive tracks for the game like they did on the rap station in Liberty City Stories.

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:34 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Jun 25 2007, 20:32)
big name artists record exclusive tracks for the game like they did on the rap station in Liberty City Stories.

Have you heard any of the popular rap music of today? lol.gif

manofpeace
  • manofpeace

Stay Gold

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:37 PM

QUOTE (Brish @ Jun 25 2007, 15:34)
big name artists record exclusive tracks for the game like they did on the rap station in Liberty City Stories.

orly.gif

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE (Brish @ Jun 25 2007, 16:34)

Yea, most of does suck, that's why for the most part I switched to rock music in the past year. confused.gif

It'd be nice if they had some exclusive songs off of Dr. Dre's upcoming album though, he's one of the few rappers I can stand.

Death_Blade
  • Death_Blade

[LCG] for the Win.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:45 PM

Well, I just wish Rockstar would stick with REAL music. not this off-beat crap no ones ever heard of. like GTa3 and LCS's radio. That was so stupid. It suck, AND it was stuff thatno one had ever heard of >_<. Id just like too see another classic rock station like K-DST or something.

That and if you find a song you actually LIKE out of all the random crap, you cant find it to download it because you have no idea what the songs called, or even where to start looking. Even if they out the songs/artists in the back of the game manual, you still have no idea cause the song title has nothing to do with the song >_<

Brish
  • Brish

Keepin' It Surreal

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:48 PM

QUOTE (TDP992 @ Jun 25 2007, 20:43)
QUOTE (Brish @ Jun 25 2007, 16:34)

Yea, most of does suck, that's why for the most part I switched to rock music in the past year. confused.gif

It'd be nice if they had some exclusive songs off of Dr. Dre's upcoming album though, he's one of the few rappers I can stand.

Yes, Dr. Dre does puts out some great music. biggrin.gif

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 June 2007 - 08:55 PM

It never occurred to me until now that they might use some same radio stations from III. Somehow I could see them not using old ones though. Whatever it is, I hope it is indie music.

OG-LOC R360
  • OG-LOC R360

Group: BSC-FC

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 02:27 AM

Just a reminder that id you're thinking about making in a suggestion, check the first post. I might have got it already.

deimossaturn
  • deimossaturn

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 03:06 AM

There should be terrestrial radio like the FM and AM, then there should be satellite radio where you could hear curse words and women spanking themselves.

Packers
  • Packers

Rock 'n' Roll

• Members

Posted 26 June 2007 - 04:34 AM

I just hope there is not too much rap...can't stand it!

I would like to see a Punk/ Hardcore etc station, (the real PUNK sh*t, not pop punk) because punk got its American start in NYC.

Also, Flashback FM or some 80s station would really be good.

There is also a station in my area with the slogan "we play what we want," and they pretty much play everything (sans rap). I would like to see something like this also.

GhostMann
  • GhostMann

The Q? Remainz with UFOS

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 June 2007 - 05:34 AM

I mostly bump dat old school sh**
-mass appeal
-let me ride
-ice cube with nwa
-cross over
a lot more......and right now music is slipin n some of yall know what I mean...... its just a few good rappers right now but I like the on LCS I just listen to the hip-hop station

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users