Photo

GTA IV Forums Directory - Everything you need

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
126 replies to this topic
geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 July 2007 - 04:52 AM Edited by geomy, 19 July 2007 - 08:13 AM.

QUOTE (Runey. @ Jul 18 2007, 23:48)
Ha, someone tried to use this topic for advertising. I'm flattered.

Don't they know nobody reads this? wow.gif

____
EDIT: ya mum's second analysis should also probably get linked.

more:

Piecing together a weapons list
THIRD TRAILER
The Official GTA IV Trailer Mix Contest
The Save Game Icon
WKTT Radio

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:13 AM

Very nice, geomy! icon14.gif Thanks.

Cash Cab
Voice Actors You Want
Tanks Not Realistic?

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 19 July 2007 - 03:17 PM

Updated to this point.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:01 PM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jul 19 2007, 10:17)
Updated to this point.

Sweet. I have a suggestion though...The list is really fattening up (which is good), but several of the topics in there are repeated topics. Maybe you or Runey. should make the executive decision and trim off any redundants. Just a thought.

OliG
  • OliG

Joke Cunkie

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:06 PM

A suggestion: Why not highlight all the topics featured in Andy's new Community Spotlight thing... In orange or red or yellow or whatever.... just a thought.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 19 July 2007 - 07:27 PM

I put this thread in my sig, hope this thread gets even little more views... If i could give you karma i would f*ck you so deep in it! really nice thread!

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 July 2007 - 06:18 AM Edited by Gman91, 21 July 2007 - 06:28 AM.

QUOTE (geomy @ Jul 19 2007, 13:01)
QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Jul 19 2007, 10:17)
Updated to this point.

Sweet. I have a suggestion though...The list is really fattening up (which is good), but several of the topics in there are repeated topics. Maybe you or Runey. should make the executive decision and trim off any redundants. Just a thought.

That's a good idea.

Some topics I have noticed in the list are redundants.

Like the "After Dark" topic, and the "The Nightlife" topic.
"GTAIV Transit", "The Subway", and "Closer look at Subway",
and a couple of "Realism" topics, to name a few. wink.gif

I guess pick the most active one (with the most intelligent discussion of course tounge.gif )

EDIT: Just saw this topic, and I think it deserves to be up here. Didn't see any Taxi topics yet.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 21 July 2007 - 10:31 PM

First off, XComm, congrats on becoming a mod. icon14.gif

GTA Player's Questionarre

This is an interesting topic...I think it should be added.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 24 July 2007 - 10:18 PM

Thanks again. Just posting so this thread gets more posts and ppl minds looking at this...

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:17 AM

In the GFX Requests & Tutorials forum, there is a disclaimer at the top of the board that also comes up when hitting the new reply button: "Before you post your request topic, read the Rules and Guidelines. Make sure you look over and use the given Graphics Request Format when posting your request topic. Otherwise, your topic will just be locked." It might be useful to add a note about checking the Directory for previously created topics to curb some of the same topics that will soon get locked.

In the Announcements forum, the Rules and Guidelines are pinned forever at the top, over another pinned topic. Like I suggested before, this should be at the top of the GTA IV list, and the Rules thread proves it can be done.

I'm just thinking out loud here.

Stefan
  • Stefan

Krimea

• BUSTED!

Posted 25 July 2007 - 06:27 AM

I like the idea of putting the Directory next to the Guidelines and helpful links at the top of the page.

(thanks for mentioning my topic, by the way)

zacn138
  • zacn138

"Nigggguuuh"

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:15 AM

Is this going to get a Update?

zacn138
  • zacn138

"Nigggguuuh"

• Members

Posted 29 July 2007 - 09:16 AM

EDIT : Sorry for Double Post anuj_cop.gif

Stefan
  • Stefan

Krimea

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 August 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (zacn138 @ Jul 29 2007, 10:16)

EDIT : Sorry for Double Post anuj_cop.gif

The coding of the tables is easily messed up, and unfortunately it takes time to edit the page without screwing the posts. So yeah, dont worry. It`ll be updated.

Theres not much to add either.

Ryunday
  • Ryunday

Ms/Mc

• Members

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:38 AM Edited by Ryunday, 12 August 2007 - 12:43 AM.

I think my topic Third Trailer, what will be in the third tralier? should be added. The topic is about what could be in the third trailer. When the third trailer is announced a bunch of topics about the same thing are sure to spring up and it could help stop people from making these topics if there’s already one existing and its easy to find.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 23 August 2007 - 05:43 PM

btw thanks for putting my topics here!
You guys do great job (2 guys there eh?)

QUOTE (Ryunday)
I think my topic Third Trailer, what will be in the third tralier? should be added. The topic is about what could be in the third trailer. When the third trailer is announced a bunch of topics about the same thing are sure to spring up and it could help stop people from making these topics if there’s already one existing and its easy to find.

I think you shouldn't be asking for your topic being added.

Ryunday
  • Ryunday

Ms/Mc

• Members

Posted 24 August 2007 - 12:55 PM

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Aug 23 2007, 17:43)
QUOTE (Ryunday)

I never asked anything. I just said that I think it would make a good addition confused.gif

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 26 August 2007 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Aug 23 2007, 12:43)

It's fine to request a topic, even if it's your own, to be added.

I know this behemoth of a directory has fallen out of date. Sorry, I've been busy and every time I get on the forums, there's always a mess to deal with. Hopefully I can get Runey back on this, or if anyone wants to help bring this thing up to speed, then feel free to help out. I'll try to get it sorted out sometime soon.

onelilfizzle
  • onelilfizzle

Thats what she said

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 04:37 AM

boss-tastic idea.
i didn't check, but is there a link 4 a post about blood?

Kelao
  • Kelao

Let's go bowling!

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 05:39 AM

I guess it's hard keeping it updated when every thread is old news or rumors. dozingoff.gif

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 16 October 2007 - 06:46 AM

This is quite a nice addition to these part of the woods, although I think it is a tad out of date. But nonetheless, cheers for a good job, and cheers for adding my poll. icon14.gif cookie.gif

supertact
  • supertact

R* Employee

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 October 2007 - 02:59 AM

i love it personally, 2 bad ppl still make topics that are old, it doesnt seem to work

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 05 November 2007 - 06:17 AM

OK, I have been really busy covering local HS football and stuff. (I work in sports, yes).

Some of these topics are old as dirt and this directory has become a monstrosity, so I'm thinking about just taking this one down, making a V 2.0, and only include the topics that are still relevant.

How does that sound to you all?

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

A Stitch in Time C9

• United-States

Posted 05 November 2007 - 07:04 AM

QUOTE (Runey. @ Nov 5 2007, 01:17)
OK, I have been really busy covering local HS football and stuff. (I work in sports, yes).

Some of these topics are old as dirt and this directory has become a monstrosity, so I'm thinking about just taking this one down, making a V 2.0, and only include the topics that are still relevant.

I would have done it myself by now except that the 'newest' GTA IV info we've received is as old as dirt as well.

But now that you bring it up, I can go through the backups and take a knife to the fat. That way we can at least preserve the layout as it is without having to recode everything.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 05:54 AM

QUOTE (Runey. @ Nov 5 2007, 17:17)

Personally, I think that's great. Like I said previously, most of the stuff is very, very old news that's not really that important. Good luck trying to decode it, X.

Runey
  • Runey

Boss

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 07 November 2007 - 07:37 AM

Yeah, I just want this to be updated as the release date gets closer, and that starts with removing the topics that were relevant pre-trailer for example that are not now, because either the question has been answered, no one cares anymore, among other reasons.

Stefan.
  • Stefan.

OG

• Members

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:51 AM

Excatly. There's no point in having all this unwanted material, because that just clogs up the server.

Have you actually made an effort to try and clean things up?

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 November 2007 - 05:03 AM

QUOTE (Ryunday @ Aug 11 2007, 09:38)

I believe my topic What Would You Like To See?, In Trailer 3? should be added, I don't mean to be cocky but its a hot topic and has a bunch of replies. So it would make more sense to add mine. And like you said people are going to start discussing trailer 3 and if Rockstar decides to makes a 3rd trailer launch they could use mine to discuss what they would like to see in it.

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 07 December 2007 - 06:49 PM

lol too bad nobody reads this... the "discuss new trailer" topic got more views in 2 days or so than this in like 5 months O.o

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 09 December 2007 - 05:01 AM

Bump.
facedesk.gif
Time for an update.

Trim the fat and sprinkle in some of the new flavors, we'll all eat well!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users