It's Been a While

139 replies to this topic
GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:16 PM

QUOTE (spenc938 @ Apr 17 2007, 21:43)
Nice topic. Pretty interesting. I want to hear 7eleven robbery.

He already told that story.

Nince topic. Lets hear about cops and the unwritten rules shall we?

shaboobala
  • shaboobala

Caw-sack

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:20 PM

"Why you do NOT f*ck around with bouncers" plz.

Spenc938
  • Spenc938

Mari'ju'ana is bad M'kay.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:22 PM

QUOTE (GodfatherITB @ Apr 17 2007, 16:16)
QUOTE (spenc938 @ Apr 17 2007, 21:43)
Nice topic.  Pretty interesting.  I want to hear 7eleven robbery.

He already told that story.

Nince topic. Lets hear about cops and the unwritten rules shall we?

oh. I guess I missed that one.

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:41 PM

You don't by any chance know Travis Ball do you Anju?

just another thug
  • just another thug

Sysnode is for lovers

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:59 PM

Good deal, you definitely need to blog.

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:33 PM

Blogs are overrated. At least for this. Technical blogs, photo blogs ftw. Nobody online anymore cares about your life.

The good idea would be to recall memories, write a short novel out of them and send to a publisher.

I see nujer you have a lot to write wink.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

QUOTE (Cran. @ Apr 17 2007, 06:41)
I believe I will pick "Why you can't have a girlfriend in this business".

It's always interesting to hear stories smile.gif

You don't get into this business to hurt people. Unfortunately, the hours of business and the nature of the business itself lend itself to you alienating your loved ones.

I'm only 21 years old. I'm just old enough to be drinking in the United States. I'm just old enough to get into the club. I'm barely old enough to know my ass from my head and I'm sure as hell not old enough to know what love is or how to recognize it.

That doesn't make it any easier though. Ignorance may be bliss but it sure as f*ck makes things complicated.

Let me give you an insight into why so many people get into this business and then fizzle out. They get the insane idea that all they have to do is tell 100 people about the party, and then sit back while you get pussy thrown at you and guys buy you drinks. It's not like that. You bust your ass for 40 hours a week in addition to your regular job, spend money you don't have to pay for your startup costs, get shot down by hundreds of girls and get told to f*ck off by hundreds of guys who don't believe you when you say you're a promoter. You get to the club your first night, and you're too f*cking paranoid about the night to actually enjoy the party. The guys who come into this game expecting everything to be easy never get past the 40 hour part. Hell, a good chunk of them never even sign a contract.

It's not like the game is without its benefits though. Lots of pretty ladies and lots of guys willing to buy drinks.

When we first signed our three-month contract, things were great between me and my girlfriend. We loved each other and I went out of my way to make her happy. I got medicine for her at 3am when she felt sick, and when I felt sick I still drove to her house to comfort her when she was sad. She reciprocated and did tons of wonderful things for me.

The three weeks leading up to our party, sh*t got sour. I stopped calling as often because I'd be out from 10pm-6am, sometimes later, four days a week. I'd be so tired I'd take her for granted. Alcohol made things worse. Being constantly surrounded by the stuff made me irresponsible and made me do things I should've never done. I was a weak person and I make no attempt to justify what I've done. The other part of the game is the women. When combined with the alcohol, you end up doing the aforementioned stuff you shouldn't do.

I love you, Natalie, and I'm so sorry that I f*cked up so badly. I don't deserve you and you deserve to be free. I'm sorry I can't say this to you directly, but someday I will. I'm weak, but you can be damn sure I'm getting better.

When you're surrounded by beautiful women and free liquor, do yourself a favor and don't get involved. All you do is hurt those you love and hurt yourself in the process. This is a very bleak view of it and I don't believe what I've written to be the absolute truth, but make sure your character and personality can hack it before you try to do it.

-beeblebrox-
  • -beeblebrox-

Why aye, man!

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:49 PM

This is some good sh*t as always, thanks for sharing this all with us.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (Natedogg. @ Apr 17 2007, 07:00)
Drug Culture and the Club

Good stories?

Cool topic this is interesting.

This business is crazy. If you haven't seen that by now, then you haven't been reading very carefully.

The first time I ever went to the Oz, I didn't think much of the fact that the place was known for its problem with Ecstasy. I didn't think much of the idea that people could openly snort cocaine on the table in the seating area. I didn't care that people were lighting up blunts both inside and outside the club. I plain didn't know that people sitting in their car weren't waiting for their friends. They were waiting for the E to kick in.

Waiting for it to kick in. Not having ever indulged in anything except alcohol, I can't imagine what that high must feel like.

Right then. Back to the first night at the Oz. We got there a little early, so we went to the local gas station and bought two tall-cans of Budweiser. On our way there, we get stopped by a black Volvo with tinted windows. Instinctively, when the window rolled down I put my hand at my 3 o'clock, fingering the release on my holster. I don't like it when random people roll up to me, especially in a place I don't know and in a state where not many people are friendly.

The window slowly comes down, and right before I hit the release and draw, I see the sh*t-eating grin of a young (19-20) white girl staring back at me.

"Hey man, are you rolling?"

I have no idea what this means. My hand is still under my jacket.

"Hey, no need to give me the silent treatment. All I want to know is if you're rolling."

I still have no idea. I relax a bit, turn to Jose, and inquire as to what the f*ck this bitch is on about.

"She wants to know if we got Ex, man."

My head starts spinning. I slowly put my head down to the window, and politely introduce myself.

"Hi, my name is anuj. I'm not sure if you know this, but random people you stop on the street and ask for drugs might just be crazy, rob you, rape you, and steal your car and leave you bleeding on the ground. I suggest you don't ask random people for illegal sh*t anymore."

I've never seen a Volvo take off so quickly in my life.

You know, I thought it would be over after that. On my way BACK to the club, a Pontiac pulls up alongside us. Maybe I walk like I'm on Ecstasy, but I'm sure as f*ck not risking 10 years a pill by touching it or even thinking about it.

"Hey man, are you roll-"

"GO f*ck YOURSELF."

Jonny_Tightlips
  • Jonny_Tightlips

Jabberwocky

• The Connection
  • Romania

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:14 AM

I know what you mean, man. I've come to realize how f*cking retarded all this new drug/sex lingo is. I'll ask a simple question like, "How much weed do you have on you at this time, sir?", and they come at me with something like "I got dubs on tha finny-fai, mayne!" I usually end up having to sound retarded to get any answer out of them on what the flying f*ck that means.

sofa_king
  • sofa_king

C20-H25-N3-O

• The Connection

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:25 AM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Apr 18 2007, 00:14)
"How much weed do you have on you at this time, sir?"

I know you arn't being 100% serious but if someone said that to me
I probably punch them right in the face... just encase you are serious. I'm
just lookin' out.

But yea, if I was in anuj's shoe's I'd have quickly traded her a tylenol for a B.J. smile.gif

Spenc938
  • Spenc938

Mari'ju'ana is bad M'kay.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

Though it wasn't intended to be, that was hilarious what you said to her.

UnitedDestruction
  • UnitedDestruction

The Dude

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:12 AM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Apr 16 2007, 23:32)
I'll tell you why not to drink.

I know a guy, he's a pretty nice guy. He's in Chino State Prison.

Sentenced for life with the possibility of parole in 15 years for accidentally killing a cop while driving under the influence.

The first time he ever drove drunk. The first crime he ever committed (felony that is). His whole life is over even if he's paroled, which is likely since he's such a nice guy. But that doesn't matter because he'll always have a note in his records saying he killed a cop.

Sounds more like people should steer away from driving while drunk. If only people would learn a little more f*cking responsibility i swear. I mean if you drink and then convince yourself that driving while drunk isnt bad, you shouldnt be drinking in the first place too. Dont drive drunk and dont drive high and maybe this world will wont suck as much for those of us who like to indulge in alcohol and weed, without driving, and without being hassled by the illegalities of what we do.

Smoke and drink responsibly

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:29 AM

These stories are a great read. Keep em comming Anuj.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 April 2007 - 01:57 AM

First topic in ages I've made sure I read all the way through. Good stuff, excellent stories.

G twenty-nine
  • G twenty-nine

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

Wow, sh*t, it's been forever! I missed you inlove.gif

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Jonny Tightlips @ Apr 17 2007, 01:12)
Hows that surveillance video coming, anuj. You know exactly what I'm talking about wink.gif

Haha, yes. I still wanna see that.

Anyhow, this topic is full of win. Great stories, as always.

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

Wicked stories, anuj.
A great read for the late night.
Very didactic. icon14.gif

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:22 AM

Thanks for all the kind comments everyone. I'm getting over a bit of a flu and dealing with some business tonight (read: going to the strip clubs to celebrate Jose's birthday) otherwise I'd put up some more stories.

Then again, I'll probably wake up tomorrow with a story to tell.

Jay
  • Jay

1984 - 2011

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 18 April 2007 - 06:08 AM

Amazing, I've read through this entire thread and these stories are really captivating.

In return, I give you my 15000th post

Jayzamann does a little dance

DJ-Chronic
  • DJ-Chronic

><

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:11 AM

Never fail to impress, anuj. Good Stuff. Just got into event management myself actually...

Grandthefter
  • Grandthefter

I am not a member!

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 07:44 AM

love the stories smile.gif

I'd like to know the What I learned: Never hit someone with an aluminum beer bottle one

_-playero-_
  • _-playero-_

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (darthYENIK @ Apr 16 2007, 23:32)
I'll tell you why not to drink.

I know a guy, he's a pretty nice guy. He's in Chino State Prison.

Sentenced for life with the possibility of parole in 15 years for accidentally killing a cop while driving under the influence.

The first time he ever drove drunk. The first crime he ever committed (felony that is). His whole life is over even if he's paroled, which is likely since he's such a nice guy. But that doesn't matter because he'll always have a note in his records saying he killed a cop.

That is no reason why not to drink

Binge drinking is fun... but if you take a car while you are drunk, well sir, you are nothing more than a f*cking idiot.

;y 0.2 cents.

spelling lol, i'0m not wearing contacts.

makeshyft
  • makeshyft

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 04:31 PM

I agree, drink as much as you want. Just don't sit behind the wheel of a car.

beavis
  • beavis

Lone Wolf

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 April 2007 - 05:25 PM

Good stories anuj, enjoyed the one about the Girls Gone Wild. The club scene isn't as big here as it is over there. Props to you.

Archaon, Lord of End Times
  • Archaon, Lord of End Times

Valhall Awaits

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 18 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

These are great stories, Nuj. Lots of great life lessons and funny situations. icon14.gif

Jigga
  • Jigga

Abgoosht For Life

• The Precinct

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

anuj, you are wise beyond your years. The experiences in business and social situations you have garnered will make you a very rich man in years to come.

I'm going to choose to disregard your advice and try ecstasy for the first time at a rave this Friday. You could tell a 14 year old rebellious teenager how important his education is a million times, but he won't realise until he experiences it himself. It can add to your own personality.

Keep the stories coming geezer.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:35 PM

I was going to make a topic like this of the interesting things that happens to me, but yours are better, though, I will share a similar story.

I had a discovery much like yours about firearms at a party. I was celebrating my friends 21st, and the subject of gun ownership came up. Of course when that happens, people usually start talking about their firearms and everything and the like, and upon hearing one of my friend's say that he would like to get an M4 if they weren't illegal I said, "I think Bush just lifted the federal ban on assault rifles, though. I was thinking about getting an AK!" jokingly, because god knows I'm too broke to buy gas let alone a firearm.

Well, one guy at the party chimes in, "I can get you an AK for $200." I'm drunk, and high, and instead of saying, "Yeah, that's nice, but no thanks," I say, "Yeah, well, I wouldn't want some illegal sh*t you know." To this he responds, "I can get you a clean one for $300." So I let him know that I'm not interested in illegally purchasing a friggin' assault rifle at a party, and he disappears for a little while.

So, we were playing pool about fifteen minutes later, when he walks into the house with what is clearly an AK-47. I was sort of stunned and in disbelief... I thought, "Is this guy really so stupid that he'd bring an illegal gun like that, to a party taking place across the street from a sheriff..." As it turns out, he was indeed that stupid. I thought it was just some air-soft gun for a bit, but after he racked it, and inspecting it a bit more closely, I would have to say an air-soft rifle would look more like a functioning weapon than it did, but the chamber and the rifling of the barrel was as clear as day.

This isn't the best part of the story, however. There were other weapons at this party, as the guy who brought in the AK apparently was some kind of traveling arms-salesmen or something equally crazy (he had a duffle bag with pistols, ammunition, and magazines for sale), and some of the idiots at the party were inspecting the weapons.

Apparently one guy, who I will now refer to as Numnuts, had never handled a fire-arm before and did not know that you're not supposed to stick your thumb in the chamber. This genius somehow managed to get his thumb pinned between the side and the barrel on some kind of Ruger pistol. He could not get the slide to move back however, because it was jammed for some reason. After trying for a little bit to find something to maybe lubricate the slide, they finally gave up as Numnut's thumb was pretty badly lacerated, and finally they deduced that they might have to go to the hospital with an illegal fire-arm stuck on their hand. This idea was not very popular, and some people even recommended amputating the thumb. Now, when I say "recommended amputating the thumb" I mean

"Just cut it off, dude, don't be a pussy"

They were eventually able to get it off, but not without having to damage his thumb. Apparently, the slide has to go forward past a certain point before it can go backward, and just by pure luck the bone on this guy's thumb was just wide enough to allow this to happen. I had never seen anything so stupid in my life...

They figured out that they could not actually PUSH the slide past that point. Solution: Enter the hammer. One party goer justified it as, "Hey, man, it's a lost thumb or five years in prison." The first few blows did not do it... As I stood there wondering, "Should I get out of this house filled with illegal firearms and drugs", the scene of two morons pounding on the back of a pistol while their buddy's thumb stuck in the slide was just too captivating to miss.

Once they got his thumb out, they took the guy to the hospital, and the "arms dealer" stayed behind.

"f*cking idiots need to learn how to handle guns," was all he said as he wiped the piece off and put it back in the bag.

I asked him, "Aren't you going to throw that away?"

"What, are you crazy? I'll just mark it down to $50 if anyone notices."

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Administrator
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:36 PM

QUOTE (Jigga @ Apr 18 2007, 13:00)
anuj, you are wise beyond your years. The experiences in business and social situations you have garnered will make you a very rich man in years to come.

I'm going to choose to disregard your advice and try ecstasy for the first time at a rave this Friday. You could tell a 14 year old rebellious teenager how important his education is a million times, but he won't realise until he experiences it himself. It can add to your own personality.

Yeah, and if you catch a bad batch or a bad trip, you'red gonna DIE. So take that to heart before you try imposing lessons on yourself, man. We lost widowmaker... couldn't stand losing another, so man up and wise up. Do the right thing, yadda yadda.

Nuj, I love these bloody stories - it's a side to club life that I just never got into. Through the looking glass, so to speak. My scene has always been po' boy 40's and trippy somalian basement parties. I'm glad things are lookin' up for ya, and all that.

Maybe we can trade some stories in person if this North America meet ever happens.

anuj
  • anuj

iconic

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Jigga @ Apr 18 2007, 15:00)

There's two schools of thought on this. You can be abstinent and be proud of it. Personally, I find that boring. Life is nothing without the experiences you have during it. I just don't think I could hack using club drugs.

Post a trip report, though. I'd love to hear about the experience from someone I trust and have known for awhile.

I know exactly what you mean about the education bit, incidentally. I was hanging out doing some paperwork at the 7-11 when a former employee of mine came in with his son. Now, this guy was an alcoholic loser who somehow managed to procreate. He couldn't hack it in a 7-11, so I had to fire him. I tried to get him into rehab but he refused. This day, however, he was clean and sober. His son was proudly displaying some sort of state academic award, which was pretty impressive considering his genes.

The little kid turns to me and starts explaining his award with such pride in his eyes. I pat him on the shoulder and say "Good stuff, kid. Remember, stay in school and become someone."

As soon as that rolled out of my mouth I realized how many times I heard it myself and how many times I dismissed it, and now I'm on the other end trying to tell the kid how important it is.

It was kind of meta.

QUOTE (grandthefter)
I'd like to know the What I learned: Never hit someone with an aluminum beer bottle one

Haha, this is actually one of my favorite stories because if it had turned out the other way I'd never tell this story.

I sometimes hang out with my employees outside the store. It builds relationships and helps them to trust me as more than just their boss. We have this one Afghani kid working for us. Calling him kid is kind of unfair because he's my age, but whatever.

Now, Elijah is crazy. Picture me with a funny accent that women find irresistible, spiky hair, and a penchant for throwing around money. We usually kick it after work at least twice a week. One of our favorite spots is Bar Italy, a nice Mediterranean spot in the middle of a slightly gay district. Thursday night is international night which usually means lots of good looking women of varied cultures. We do our best to go up there every Thursday and try to pick up at least one girl. It's more of a competition than anything else. It's kinda like bird watching except... well, you don't f*ck pigeons.

A few Thursdays ago, we were sitting out on the patio sipping on some drinks and just relaxing. We've got four girls sitting with us, and we're just sitting around getting to know each other. Now, when you got four girls with two guys of course drunk guys are going to assume you need some more company. So this guy, named Anthony, comes up and starts hitting on each of the girls. I've been drinking, so I get annoyed a little quicker than usual. After listening to his bullsh*t for two or three minutes, I poke my head up.

"Hey man, I'm glad you're having a good time but we don't really want more company."

"Oh, it's cool" he replies. "I'm just getting to know your friends."

Jesus, he didn't get it. He didn't f*cking get it.

"Nah man, it's not cool. You can go right ahead and f*ck right the f*ck off. The girls aren't going for it, you're cramping our table, and I'm starting to get pissed off."

His face turns. He tries to swallow his pride quickly and spit out a retort.

"Oh, okay. You guys are dicks."

Before I could open my mouth to respond, he picks up a 16oz aluminum beer bottle. Now, these things are cheap. I know aluminum bats hurt, but aluminum bottles can be crushed in your hand as easily as aluminum cans. Now, if it were full he could've used it as a club. But it was empty.

He swings towards my weak side. I raise up my arm, and he adjusts his swing so he hits my forearm with his bottle. It bends on my arm, and I quickly scan the table for something.

Purse. Nah.

Napkin. What are you, high?

Fork. f*ck YES.

Wait, no.

Half-filled Michelob Ultra Light glass beer bottle? f*ck that fork.

I pick up the bottle, which still has some "beer" in it, if you can call it that. I don't have a proper grip on it, so I end up not swinging the bottle, but literally shoving it into his face, cutting my hand a bit but royally f*cking up his face. He's still chewing on glass when I grab him by his oversized white tee, shove him into the bushes surrounding the patio, and cock back to start unleashing the f*cking fury.

Elijah grabs my hand on the way back.

"As your lawyer, I advise you don't do that."

The kid was radically f*cked up, but he got better. He came up to try to apologize but ending up getting snared by the bouncers first. He was kicked out along with his friends, but he stayed right outside the club talking sh*t for the rest of the night. That's fine. On our way back to the hotel room we'd rented, I called out to him:

"Hey Tony, next time don't use aluminum you f*cking fa**ot."

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users