• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 09:59 AM

Motorstorm-ish physics

Deaneclayton
  • Deaneclayton

bad motherf*cker

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 10:01 AM

I hope that rockstar will have volvos in the game. they feel like tanks... And btw, you know when you're driving approx 2mhp, and your bumper hits another car or something, and then the car looks all f*cked up? that has to stop!

omgwtfbbq1234
  • omgwtfbbq1234

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 03:39 PM

yer that is pretty stupid... its like you tap another car and it explodes.. lol kinda like the tank... i wonder how that will work in this game... but yer i just want cars to be destroyable not just hit until all the parts come off and then there the same till you explode....

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:04 PM

I will want cars to explode when they topple over and get hit enough, thats essential.

But I want the damage itself to crumple the bumper, the bodyshell, mabye if you hit it right the radiator gets cracked and the car starts steaming anyway.

And seeing as we have euphoria in-game, I want the damage to be different every time..

BoomHeadshot
  • BoomHeadshot

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 05:52 PM Edited by BoomHeadshot, 10 June 2007 - 05:58 PM.

a seatbelt activation device should be included so Niko gets punished for driving in an unsafe manner (through the windscreen?) tounge2.gif

engjac
  • engjac

engjac

• Members

Posted 10 June 2007 - 08:59 PM

i like the idea of more realistic damage and behaviour after impact

Like burnout or flatout would be awsome biggrin.gif

DraykenXavier
  • DraykenXavier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

i think if you're going 150 mph and you hit something you should die, and the car should be reduced to rubble. i also think that if one car hits another there should be significant damage like the car ripping in half, or something like that. it was mentioned earlier but i still like the idea. but i really doubt you'll be able to get a car going that fast in the city anyway.

ThePatriotsGun
  • ThePatriotsGun

Gray Fox

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 10:37 PM

QUOTE (DraykenXavier @ Nov 13 2007, 16:30)
i think if you're going 150 mph and you hit something you should die, and the car should be reduced to rubble. i also think that if one car hits another there should be significant damage like the car ripping in half, or something like that. it was mentioned earlier but i still like the idea. but i really doubt you'll be able to get a car going that fast in the city anyway.

Now where's the fun in that?

If you die every time you crash at high speeds, that would pretty much remove the incentive to speed and drive recklessly. dontgetit.gif

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:40 AM

Hopefully they use something similar to the Driver series. inlove.gif

NJ~
  • NJ~

99% Idiot, 1% Knowing I'm an Idiot.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 02:59 AM

A short sum-up of what I'd like... Since writing a wall of text, pointless after all those informative posts:

- Flatout: Ultimate Carnage damage, ultra damage with no real big punishment.
- Saints Row dents(for instance, I shoot a rear panel with a shotgun, metal will be pushed backwards... Common sense.)
- Crackdown "flip-over" punishments. They don't blow up, and you are given the chance to push it back on it's wheels with another vehicle(that's without superpowers).
- Saints Row "ejection". It was becoming old after a while, but it's all in all more fun than hitting a wall at 140MPH, and then just sitting there like "Right...".

XBOXLOVER
  • XBOXLOVER

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:21 AM Edited by XBOXLOVER, 14 November 2007 - 06:25 AM.

I want at least Saints Row damage..... And if they can't deliver that then the rest of the game better be good.

P.S. To all the Realism people i think that the game needs to be at least a little arcade to be the most fun.

P.P.S. And just because you would like to see it dosen't make you a realism nut.

unas
  • unas

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 06:42 AM

i agree that to much realism would spoil the fun

there should be realism in the damage model, as much as possible, but about realalistic crashes for the one sin the car, i think you would fail 30% more of the driving missions where the speed is high, and there will be extreme frustration, if you are in a car with low hp, and some morron car suddenly goes driving to the wrong side, both cars crash into each other and both drivers die...its realistic, but is that really needed ? i dont think so

perhaps make it a little burn out like, you didnt die, but the damage model was awsome, and you could slow down time if you crashed

beeing able to slow things down while in a car, would be cool to, if you do something special, like hitting the gas station on trailer two. next you should get a replay of it, wich you can save.

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:05 AM

I hope it's better than just certain parts falling off. If you crash hard, you should crumple, like Burnout.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:11 PM

Yeah I have to say the graphics do look a lot similar like MoterStorm. sarcasm.gif

Stanley_Coleman
  • Stanley_Coleman

Rat

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:43 AM Edited by Stanley_Coleman, 22 November 2007 - 11:46 AM.

Helicopter crashes should be like that: NYC Chopper Crash
And no more one bump> explosion> wasted.

Civkiller
  • Civkiller

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 22 November 2007 - 02:04 PM

in burnout it was cool to see actual engine parts fly everywhere when u crash into other vehicles n such at high speeds (fans, pistons, etc.) and to have different visual damage every time not the same generic preloaded damage. I know it wasn't possible to do it before but now it is and we're playing with next-gen consoles so i want to see some damn next-gen gameplay/damage physics lol the funniest in gtasa would have to be when u hit an object with the right side of the bumper but the left side gets all crumpled up instead...lol

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 22 November 2007 - 11:56 PM Edited by K^2, 23 November 2007 - 03:16 AM.

Burnout Paradise-style damage.
user posted image

Fine, I know that won't happen. Burnout only has to worry about a few cars at a time. But they could certainly pull off Burnout3-style damage. All they'd really need to add to current damage model is a vehicle's "skeleton" that can bend on impact. The effect of that alone will be spectacular.

Of course, if they do something like this, there will be a lot of situations where you car is no longer drivable after the first collision because all four wheels can no longer touch ground at the same time, but come on, that's only more realistic. And if you manage to total you car that badly, you messed up somewhere rather horribly.

freak2121
  • freak2121

I'm bored.

• Members

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:13 AM

^^^^^
That looks awesome ill like a mix of that and the Mafia damage style

dany8kx
  • dany8kx

knex weapons modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

man,whow Niko will ever survive a crach like that? i would like this kind of damage level,but in missions,it would be too damn difficult. i allready have problems with some cars in san andreas. i remember when i was playing carmageddon , real game,original,fun without limit,i really liked to crush those cars. wheels were funny too Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

dany8kx
  • dany8kx

knex weapons modder

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (dany8kx @ Dec 13 2007, 21:20)
man,whow Niko will ever survive a crach like that? i would like this kind of damage level,but in missions,it would be too damn difficult. i allready have problems with some cars in san andreas. i remember when i was playing carmageddon , real game,original,fun without limit,i really liked to crush those cars. wheels were funny too Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif

crach? did i said crach? i mean crash

Danger BE
  • Danger BE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:22 PM

In the trailer 3 you see crash a police car and a truck that is bad Vehicle Damage ... i hope realy its beter than that...

GTASIX
  • GTASIX

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Im not sure if they are using euphoria on cars, maybe only on people?

rbnlenin
  • rbnlenin

加油朋友们!

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Danger BE @ Dec 13 2007, 22:22)
In the trailer 3 you see crash a police car and a truck that is bad Vehicle Damage ... i hope realy its beter than that...

You crazy?

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:24 PM

The hell?

Thats much better than Saints Row, or any other GTA game you fool.
confused.gif

Xboxless
  • Xboxless

Gangsta

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:29 PM

Well In one of the scenes from the new trailer, there is a car flipped and on fire and it almost looks like it is spread out. Like in a gasoline fire, so maybe there can be gas tank and gas line ruptures.

Zildjian
  • Zildjian

GTA IV Contemplator

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 10:50 PM

QUOTE (GTASIX @ Dec 13 2007, 17:44)
Im not sure if they are using euphoria on cars, maybe only on people?

They said only on people.

GhostMann
  • GhostMann

The Q? Remainz with UFOS

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:06 PM

QUOTE (Danger BE @ Dec 13 2007, 17:22)

some of yall gots to think before saying something.... thats just a trailer.. it could of been more drama then that just not put in the trailer

Danger BE
  • Danger BE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (Starion @ Dec 13 2007, 22:24)
In the  trailer 3 you see crash a police car  and a truck that is bad Vehicle Damage ... i hope realy its beter than that...

The hell?

confused.gif

For a little better... not much. Butt we will see in the full game.

josh995
  • josh995

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (Jake602 @ Apr 16 2007, 04:18)
well what else are you gonna do with your car fliped over

"wow" dontgetit.gif
"well here i gone and flipped my car again" confused.gif
"maybe if i sit here and stare at it it'll flip back" wow.gif
"hmmmm...it seems to have caught on fire now" mercie_blink.gif
"oh golly i hope it dont explo-(BOOM) cry.gif

ROFL

FrozenFire
  • FrozenFire

Holy crap

• Members

Posted 13 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (Danger BE @ Dec 13 2007, 23:28)
QUOTE (Starion @ Dec 13 2007, 22:24)
In the  trailer 3 you see crash a police car  and a truck that is bad Vehicle Damage ... i hope realy its beter than that...

The hell?

confused.gif

For a little better... not much. Butt we will see in the full game.

Hehe...butt.

Anyway, I hated Saint's Row damage. It wasn't even visible. You could slam into a wall at 100 mph and only break one headlight. How gay.

Even if it's only improved over SA's style a little more, i'll be happy. But I can fully expect to see better damage than that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users