The Cellphone

71 replies to this topic
Mister V
  • Mister V

Farseer

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

Lol, and your character rides an invisible bike and says *Ding! Ding!* lol.gif
That's it, we just solved the biggest secret of R* - Niko Bellic is just a cover-up for Crazy Frog. Yeah, right tounge2.gif

I'm wondering how are they going to treat the pics taken by the phone cam. I hope that for once we will be able to make decent screens with it and upload them to the comp.

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

Lol

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (UnitedDestruction @ Apr 18 2007, 17:55)

user posted image

LOL! Well .. that was a good laugh! Haha

¤FireStyle¤
  • ¤FireStyle¤

Prankster

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

"Hey Jim, found secret package #27"
"Where?"
"Hold on, I'll send a pic"

...now that would be cool !!

and I'm sure that at least one of the missions will involve using the phone...

i don't play them -  i never heard of it used in the gta clones. [i don't play them well i have True Crime streets of l.a. and mercernaries

..mercernaries isn't a gta clone...

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Expanding on that Niko should seriously say Russian reversals on many occasions, like:

"In Soviet Russia, cars steal YOU!!!!"

or

"In Soviet Russia, guns fire YOU!!!!"

or

"In Soviet Russia, cops bribe YOU!!!"

or even better

"In Soviet Russia, Waldo finds YOU!!!"

yeah.... colgate.gif

MrHeint
  • MrHeint

Former Law Breaker

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:19 AM

Phonebook:

Since there are three contacts under this option (Dock, City, Cab), it's obvious this "phonebook" will play a major roll in the GTA IV storyline. We shall unlock numerous "contacts" throughout the story. And to initiate certain missions we simply call and meet at a certain location. After we finish a series of missions, say the "Cab" contact, maybe we can call Roman and utilize him in some way. Maybe you can meet up with Roman and he'll do the tag-along $h!t, just like the gang members in GTA SA. Or maybe Roman will also have some kind of activity, like taxi missions, or another mini-game like playing pool, stealing rival cabs, racing, beating up bums (<doubt it)... Anyway this would enable the "hanging out," thing Houser was talking about.

But the phonebook, we might expect, will be useful in other areas as well. Obviously we will be able to call girls, or girlfriends, in GTA IV. So to enable a date we call some girl, and start the activity. Personally I hope this activity wont require stupid crap like in GTA SA. Also we might be able to call the police, a cab, or ambulance.

Hopefully we can us this feature to meet random people, or pedestrians, and form some kind of bond with random individuals as we choose. If the girlfriend thing worked along these lines we would be able to "pursue" any pedestrian and form some kind of relationship. And this would make the annoying relationship feature, totally optional. This would also make good use of the homie feature, and a possible way to "recruit" desired individuals into your organization.

Also this could entitle new options like corrupt lawyers, bankers, politicians, assassins, ect... So to ride yourself of "heat" we would simply meet our lawyer. To deposit dirty money we call our banker. The possibilities will probably be limited, but who knows?

Maybe text messages, maybe voice messages if you don't feel like answering your phone. Also maybe there will be messages after turning the game on, to remind you what's happening.

Organizer:

When I think organizer I see a calender. And a calender would be an obvious part of an organizer. If the calender is a weekly thing I could kinda understand that... Maybe it shifts daily and only displays 7 days. More likely would be a monthly calender, and therefor a seasonal year would pass. How realistic would January be without cold @ss weather, leafless trees, and snow.... Anyway if there is a calender it would track all meetings, missions, dates, ect....

The only other reason for an organizer would be simple, organize... But what? Maybe you keep tabs on your business, your employees, gang members, assets, map... Strategic, territorial, planning.

Camera:

Take pics or videos.... That's going to be fun.

Bren_34
  • Bren_34

LCPD Riot Cop

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:08 AM

I think it would be cool to call 911 if you're hurt and are about to die and are too lazy to drive to the hospital tounge.gif , like when you get in the Ambulance, and you appear outside of the Hospital but don't loose as much money and keep your weapons. And calling the cops if you're getting mugged or ganged up on, hehe, it's cheap but worth it! Maybe other people will call the cops on you if you're shooting up the place! inlove.gif

elias2k2
  • elias2k2

Trick

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:38 AM

QUOTE (Roy the Pirate @ Apr 15 2007, 23:11)
Does that mean we dont have to drive for once. AWESOME! Taxis are the best

It would be nice like it is in vice city where u can take a cab after u die or go to jail.

BigBadRussIV
  • BigBadRussIV

Geek & Full-Time Idiot

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 08:53 AM

a mobile phone in GTA:IV would be great. they should have had a taxi service in SA for when you car got trashed in the middle of the desert. Its great in missions, easier than having to go meet people and drive for miles. Another feature is that if GTA:IV became an online mutiplayer, you could contact the other players through phone just like ordinary chat does in SA.

rah.gif (Rated: Good icon14.gif )

cpharding618
  • cpharding618

God of GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:00 PM

QUOTE (R3x @ Apr 19 2007, 01:17)
Back on topic how bout you can get delivery pizza but from a good company (not domienos)

Like Well Stacked Pizza Co.

Coral_City
  • Coral_City

The Don

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

QUOTE (xNewtype Acex @ Apr 20 2007, 15:12)

yeah.... colgate.gif

My God. If Niko is confirmed to be Russian, that would be the most quoted line in GTA history bored.gif Nice job!

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

Updated the main post, thanks to the guys who have replied so far and Mr.Heint for his help. rahkstar2.gif

Chargr
  • Chargr

★★★★★

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

Having taxis pick you and leave you to a contact sounds bad, you pass the game much quickly, why dont you just drive instead of having to do that.

Mr_Nitty
  • Mr_Nitty

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 12:15 AM

Well.. I see it as the camera on the phone can be used in many ways. Maybe like when you've just done a hit on someone and you have to take a picture of the dead body to confirm the job has been done to the guy you're working for. Straight new age mob sh*t right there, I tell you.

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:42 AM

BUMP ph34r.gif

Steege
  • Steege

Veteran Lurker

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:25 AM

But! The biggest question is whether it'll be a flip-phone or a solid!!! wow.gif

tounge.gif

cpharding618
  • cpharding618

God of GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:33 PM

QUOTE (Coral_City @ Apr 21 2007, 17:54)
QUOTE (xNewtype Acex @ Apr 20 2007, 15:12)

yeah.... colgate.gif

My God. If Niko is confirmed to be Russian, that would be the most quoted line in GTA history bored.gif Nice job!

srry to be off topic but niko is yugoslavic which is like serbian and croation

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:59 PM

QUOTE (Steege @ Apr 23 2007, 02:25)
But! The biggest question is whether it'll be a flip-phone or a solid!!! wow.gif

tounge.gif

Obviously, it will be... one of those two.

Will you have to recharge the betteries every now and then?

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

And most importantly yo would have to send the phone in for reperation every third month or so....

God, i hate cellphones....

cpharding618
  • cpharding618

God of GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Apr 23 2007, 13:33)
And most importantly yo would have to send the phone in for reperation every third month or so....

God, i hate cellphones....

well then maybe you shouldn't be in this thread, mute giant.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

Lol. That was mainly a joke.... mainly.. cheer up!

Anyways, I like the idea of using a cellphone in the game. Seems it has way more oppurtunities than just calling people....

cpharding618
  • cpharding618

God of GTA

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:42 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Apr 23 2007, 16:41)
Lol. That was mainly a joke.... mainly.. cheer up!

Anyways, I like the idea of using a cellphone in the game. Seems it has way more oppurtunities than just calling people....

oh, sorry

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:23 PM

U should be able to use ur cell phone like a weapon when it`s battery runs out, if it ever run out

wooozy64
  • wooozy64

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE (Roy the Pirate @ Apr 16 2007, 03:11)
Does that mean we dont have to drive for once. AWESOME! Taxis are the best

driving is half the fun in GTA games u retard. btw the GTA stands for grand theft auto if u didnt know. helooo "AUTO".

god i hate u newbs. rahkstar2.gif dozingoff.gif

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 06:51 PM

BUMP

SnoopyDoggy
  • SnoopyDoggy

The Russian Mob

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

More Speculations About Features:

GPS:

The map will be integrated into you cell. Instead of pausing the game to access to the map, you'll just pull out your cell, go to GPS and use it as a map.

MP3 PLAYER:

Didn't you wish that you had a walkman or something like it in San Andreas, so you could listen to radio on foot, on bikes, jetpacks etc. Well, what if you'll have that option through your cell phone. So in car you'll use the in-car radio, on foot - your cellphone.

CAMERA:

In addition to taking pictures, maybe you'll also be able to capture videos? How about using the cellphone for video calling?

THE CELLPHONE TYPE:

Flip phone? Bar phone? No... a slider! I'd be great if R* put the Nokia N95, which in real life has a GPS, mp3 player, 5 mp camera, dvd quality video, video calling, and basically its a smart phone. Plus R* could make a few bucks on it, since it's advertising the N95.

MITCHELL23
  • MITCHELL23

Snitch

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:41 PM

f ucking nice phone that snoop ^^, shame is costs the earth eh ?, MP3 player would be cool outside the car. I think we will have out of car music, i just feel it in the air...tonight ahem biggrin.gif

TruXter
  • TruXter

retXurT

• Members
  • None

Posted 24 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (afropastrami @ Apr 16 2007, 03:17)
The phone better have "Snake" on it.

hahhaa!

xNewtype Acex
  • xNewtype Acex

Buckle Up, Homestuck

• Members

Posted 27 April 2007 - 07:54 PM

New Info!!! biggrin.gif

Updated the main post with the new info from OPM. rahkstar2.gif

matt11504
  • matt11504

drug free since '93

• Members

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:53 PM

since this game takes place in 2007 i would like to see the cellphone......
1. Take pictures that save to Hard drive Or Memory Card like the camera in San Andreas did.
2. Act as the map/menu in this game (example: scraface: the world is yours)
3. Maybe once you get rich call for a cab to pick you up, or a vehicle you own.
4. last but not least Text messaging, IM, Myspace Mobile, Custom Ringtones,Games,TV,MP3, Etc.

#4 was a joke!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users