• Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

Hello. i was wondering about the Karma Stars. I see everyone with them except the Noobs and i was wondering how do you get them?

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:45 PM

Karma stars are awarded to people who have helped the GTA community in some way or another.

If you never get any for anything then don't be sad. It's just a small .gif under your name.

norniron
  • norniron

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Apr 15 2007, 18:42)
I see everyone with them except the Noobs and i was wondering how do you get them?

And you dont have one why ? tounge.gif

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

Oh ok thanks guys.

Venom
  • Venom

Zpider-Man

• Zaibatsu
  • England

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ Apr 15 2007, 19:42)
Hello. i was wondering about the Karma Stars. I see everyone with them except the Noobs and i was wondering how do you get them?

Thanks.. You cut me real deep, Shrek.

You get them by aiding the forum cause.

GT-1
  • GT-1

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

Karma stars are awarded to those who help out the community in one way or another, such as posting tutorials/guides etc. or generally helping out such as reporting posts, making decent posts etc. However if you post something just to boost your name, or in the hunt for karma then don't expect to get any. Karma stars are awarded from your help towards the community (in most cases), all in all just be a decent member.

Lack of karma stars don't state you aren't a good member though, there are plenty of good members around here without karma. Example;

user posted image

Apparently I no-longer have karma because the administration team took it away from me, after several wrongdoings. Despite popular belief that would be incorrect.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 05:48 AM

You get them for sexual favors. I got mine back in the GTAF-Meetup of 1972 when we were all into playing as furries. GT-1 made a handsome squirrel, and I still recieve emails about my wonderful donkey suit.

All in all, we had a lot of fun that summer. More fun than the Army, I'll say! And no one went short on sodium or protein the entire trip.

Mark
  • Mark

• Feroci
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 April 2007 - 02:01 PM

Indeed, other people get em for somehow just staying outta trouble lol.

Mainland Marauder
  • Mainland Marauder

Oldschooled

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 18 April 2007 - 12:05 AM

One of my stars was for "general helpfulness" and I received that less than a year after I signed up. You do not need to do a whole bunch of guides about things that don't need them or any of the ubiquitous and obvious karma stunts (although if you have a good guide or something, bring it - my other star was indeed for a SA guide). You can be formally commended for the GTAF staff just for being you if you present yourself well. And even if you never do, doesn't mean you are a poor member.

The point is, it's never too early to start being a quality participant here on GTAF and get recognized. People who have been here less than a year have already picked up karma or have been accepted into an official gang. And for some, the latter is the greater acheivement which unlike karma can take years of time here to experience. I for one would trade my two stars for one certain non-star-shaped pip under my name...I really like that one under Runestoner's and EmoPat's, for instance, and they don't even have any karma stars.

Billy.The.Mountain
  • Billy.The.Mountain

Slimey

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:35 AM

I want one, i'm always reporting junk tounge.gif

TheDude5000
  • TheDude5000

Soak of the year!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

QUOTE (Billy.The.Mountain @ May 6 2007, 11:35)
I want one, i'm always reporting junk tounge.gif

Well that's a good way to remove karma from someone else(like that guy up there who had one of his removed for being a tosser in the gaming forum), but I'm not really sure if you can gain any karma that way. I would know, I've done quite a lot of reporting myself and helped do things such as sniff out prev. banned members, but I never recieved or expected karma for it, I just wanted to help clean the place out...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users