Photo

Weapons floating in circles?

78 replies to this topic
DraykenXavier
  • DraykenXavier

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 November 2007 - 11:02 PM

yes i'm pretty sure that rockstar intends to make us search through a crowd of people to see which one is talking on a cellphone to ID the target, and then put little floating weapons around. COME ON! If they're not even going to put an arrow over who you're supposed to kill, you think they'll ditch the realism by having weapons float in mid-air? i seriously doubt it.

jim_genius5
  • jim_genius5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:36 AM

I guess the weapons would just be laying down on the floor realisticly, but with little glow on the outline (not in circles) just to emphasize them from the environment. A "look" button like in Gears of War could help though, that is when you get close to an interactive element, a "look" button pops up that you could press, and Niko looks at it. Weapons should be considered interactive elements, so you should be able to look at them when they're near you and not miss any ammunition.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 15 November 2007 - 05:30 AM

Hitman was excellent in the weapon feature.

D- Ice
  • D- Ice

Gangsta

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 15 November 2007 - 12:40 PM

I personally don't want the glow. The weapons should be harder to find and spot like in real life. Without the glow, they also will much better and more realistically be part of the environment, like wether they are stacked in a little armoury in a wearhouse or on a table - they should look realistic like you can actually just reach in and pick them up, the glow will ruin that IMO. It worked fine in SA, they just rotated there. It'll be like SA without them spinning, and they'll be on the ground.
I also didn't like the sounds when you picked up weapons, I want either the realistic sound of picking that gun up, or the GTA2-style man saying the guns' name. lol.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:26 PM

Floating owns . I want stuff to float around cool.gif

Craig
  • Craig

• None
  • Best Writer 2011
    Time Traveller Of The Year 1984

Posted 15 November 2007 - 01:43 PM

Just leave them the way they are, we want this game to at least look something like GTA. Yeah, I get it, we're deviating and starting afresh, but I want to look at something and go "ah, I remember that".

gtathebest4ever
  • gtathebest4ever

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:30 PM

QUOTE (.:Alex:. @ Apr 14 2007, 09:41)
QUOTE (OG-LOC R360 @ Apr 14 2007, 09:35)
In San ANdreas, the weapons float, but don't have any coloured circles around it.

And by the looks of it, it's the same case with GTA IV. The Chainsaw (yes it's definately a chainsaw, I checked it just now) does not have any aura around it at all. It just floats, making it visible but without being too fake. Just the way I'd like it to be.

in what trailer is that? i never noticed a chainsaw in any of them, so if you could please tell me what trailer and the exact time it appears...

zacn138
  • zacn138

"Nigggguuuh"

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 12:52 PM Edited by zacn138, 14 January 2008 - 12:53 PM.

Scrap that.

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

Tokel. Never forget.

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica

Posted 14 January 2008 - 01:01 PM

It was on the ground or tables in Bully but it had a shiny effect on them so you could see it from the distance. Of course shiny effect would disappear when weapon is picked up.

That could work in GTA4

But I wouldn't mind floating stuff. Floating pwns

Azzerwazzer
  • Azzerwazzer

Respect Ma Authoritahh!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:06 PM

people who saw the demo said you have to pick up some data from that guy you kill in his office and its floting in a circly like SA...

and yeah the chainsaws apparently in the trailer although i don't know where confused.gif

--supea--
  • --supea--

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 02:26 PM

I made topic about this months ago but o well.... it didn't get so much posts, this is more active so this may stay...

Spazifool
  • Spazifool

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:43 PM

QUOTE (--supea-- @ Jan 14 2008, 14:26)
I made topic about this months ago but o well.... it didn't get so much posts, this is more active so this may stay...

How many months...This topic started in April, someone just bumped it.

Darrel
  • Darrel

Reported!

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:46 PM

QUOTE (Azzerwazzer @ Jan 14 2008, 14:06)
people who saw the demo said you have to pick up some data from that guy you kill in his office and its floting in a circly like SA...

and yeah the chainsaws apparently in the trailer although i don't know where confused.gif

The last scene of trailer 1. Look on the deck of the boat you will see it.

KillerKabel
  • KillerKabel

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:53 PM

Just laying around...

And the Rocket Launchers/Chainshaws/Miniguns/Nades shouldn't even be out on the streets...

You should have to get them from someone...

Spazifool
  • Spazifool

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 03:56 PM

QUOTE (KillerKabel @ Jan 14 2008, 15:53)
Just laying around...

And the Rocket Launchers/Chainshaws/Miniguns/Nades shouldn't even be out on the streets...

You should have to get them from someone...

Well theres a Chainsaw on the boat that's off the streets, but yeah I do agree with you.

Grae
  • Grae

• Members
  • New-Zealand

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:22 PM

Hmm, items floating/rotating with glowing rings around them, items laying on the ground with a slight glow about them, or items that lay and are plain, or rather totally realistic...

Although I'm very happy that those big, bad, blocky, blaring, brassy, brash, bold, bouncing arrows are now a thing of the past, I don't really care how they handle this. But since there's pretty good evidence for the floating variety returning, I guess that's what we'll get; traditional style. However, I wouldn't mind it if they switched it up and had them just lay on the ground with a slight glow.

It doesn't matter. dozingoff.gif

MysteryGamer
  • MysteryGamer

The next Grand Theft Auto...

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 04:47 PM Edited by MysteryGamer, 14 January 2008 - 04:52 PM.

Either way is fine, glowing weaponry or not. As Rockstar are going for more realism perhaps Niko can actually physically pick up guns and grab onto them and drop them as well, similar to the Hitman series. If rampages and unique stunts are not making it into the game then I doubt we will be finding rocket launchers in a random back alley near Burger Shot.

Having said that though Rockstar also said that they are not going to be "naturalistic" with the weapons "crazy fun weapons" will be in the game Rockstar said so I bet chainsaws will be back which is possibly on the boat right before the end of the 1st trailer. I hope for even more varied choices in terms of weapons as well devil.gif

Flexo Slim
  • Flexo Slim

You hit him!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:08 PM

Sorry if it has been mentioned before in this thread but:

user posted image

Somebody mentioned where it is circled this might be a floating chainsaw. So..... (if you watch towards the end of trailer 1 you can see it more clearly.)

http://img403.images...5/weaponjv3.jpg

Spazifool
  • Spazifool

• Members

Posted 14 January 2008 - 05:11 PM Edited by Spazifool, 14 January 2008 - 05:14 PM.

QUOTE (Flexo Slim @ Jan 14 2008, 17:08)
Sorry if it has been mentioned before in this thread but:

user posted image

Somebody mentioned where it is circled this might be a floating chainsaw. So..... (if you watch towards the end of trailer 1 you can see it more clearly.)

http://img403.images...5/weaponjv3.jpg

Yeah it has been mentioned 5 posts above you lol..

That doesn't even look like a Chainsaw though, all you can see is a Red Bulge, It could be anything.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users