Photo

Car NEWS topic

1,197 replies to this topic
YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 01:46 AM

Who do you guys think would win in a race? A Lamborghini Reventon or a Ferrari Enzo?

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:42 AM

QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Jan 1 2008, 20:46)
Who do you guys think would win in a race? A Lamborghini Reventon or a Ferrari Enzo?

Enzo...

Unless the race is in a 2inch snow covered track, the Reventon will loose.

YourNeighborhoodKiller
  • YourNeighborhoodKiller

Boss

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2008 - 02:48 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jan 2 2008, 02:42)
QUOTE (YourNeighborhoodKiller @ Jan 1 2008, 20:46)

Enzo...

Unless the race is in a 2inch snow covered track, the Reventon will loose.

The Enzo looks a little bit smaller than the Reventon, so I can prefer that the Enzo could have a little bit of better handling.

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:49 AM

Not sure it's the right section, but I'll tell ya'll anyway.

So I was browsing the internet and came across this:
A family names their kids Audi, Lexus and Porsche
"When one of our readers sent us an e-mail earlier today telling us the story about a family who named their kids after three carmakers we thought it was a joke. That is until we clicked the link to the original story. Craig and Sondra Harrington of Kilgore have named the 6-year-old daughter Lexus and their twin daughter that were born on October 28, Porsche and Audi…"I think it's something cool to go with," Craig Harrington said. "Other people have these names. I don't think it's that unusual." Well, to be totally frank, even if we are crazy car nuts, we do find it kinda weird and unusual to name three of your kids after car marques…"

Link

Wierd ain't it? Not sure that it's true, but who names their kids after cars? dontgetit.gif

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:06 PM

Well, For sh*ts and giggles I'm calling my first some Ford.

Then my first daughter MG.

Why not ey?

Porsche and Mercedes are slut names though.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:02 PM

I'm naming my daughter Koenigsegg. That's right.

On a serious note, Mercedes and Porsche are slightly common names, I don't find anything wrong with them. But Audi... that one's a bit odd.

stretch.
  • stretch.

30% of the time, we deliver all the time!

• Members

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

Let me know when she turns 18 then tounge.gif

Then I can say I was in a Koenigsegg

giggidy giggidy.

In all seriousness that'd possibly be a good middle name!

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 07 January 2008 - 10:26 PM

Call me weird.. But I kindof like Lexus as a name.. mercie_blink.gif

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:26 AM

Lexus isn't bad of a name either. I prever Alexus, but either are nice. I new a chick named Alexus, she was hot as sh*t. I also knew a mexican dude named Alexis, which was kind of weird, but he was a cool guy.

@stretch, lol. You touch my daughter and I'll kill you.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:35 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 7 2008, 15:02)
I'm naming my daughter Koenigsegg. That's right.

On a serious note, Mercedes and Porsche are slightly common names, I don't find anything wrong with them. But Audi... that one's a bit odd.

On a serious note: I was just at a strip club called "Kamikaze" last week. Its a bar where, in what seems like an ode to GTA: VC, the bar tenders dont wear tops. The lady who worked the bar was named "Porsche" and midway through the night, they intorduced a stripper named "Lexus".

My point? Naming your daughters after high end auto marquees puts your daughter at risk of becoming a stripper. The only real way around this is if you are a rich and snobby family. Then naming your daughter "Mercedes Vanderbilt" is just an uppity way to show class.

On an even more revelent note: Porsche has released more information on its Panamera.

QUOTE (Porsche)
ATLANTA, January 7th, 2008 – Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, announced today that it is developing a hybrid drive version of its highly anticipated four-door Gran Turismo. The Panamera Hybrid will utilize the same gas-electric drive concept as the Cayenne Hybrid that comes to market at the end of the decade and will claim a remarkable 30% reduction of fuel consumption.

The full parallel hybrid system of the Panamera will be configured with the battery unit positioned below the luggage compartment, and hybrid module, comprising of an additional clutch and electric motor, will be between the engine and transmission. Depending on driving conditions, the hybrid module has the ability to disengage either the combustion engine or the electric motor, or to combine both drive systems as one joint power unit. This flexibility results in benefits such as a zero emissions driving mode, fuel savings in both city and highway driving and maximum performance when desired.

The Panamera, which represents Porsche's fourth model line, will make its world debut in 2009 and promises to redefine the Gran Turismo category by featuring a unique design package that will afford equally generous front and rear space and seating comfort for four while retaining the sporting and unmistakable driving dynamics of every Porsche. Introduced initially with traditional drivetrains, the hybrid version of the Panamera will be offered at a later date.

user posted image

Source

XN22
  • XN22

Breathe.

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 12:41 AM

QUOTE (stretch. @ Jan 7 2008, 13:06)
Well, For sh*ts and giggles I'm calling my first some Ford.

It'd be a fitting name if he was handicapped.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 01:40 AM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jan 7 2008, 20:35)
On an even more revelent note: Porsche has released more information on its Panamera.

QUOTE (Porsche)
ATLANTA, January 7th, 2008 – Dr. Ing. h. c. F. Porsche AG, Stuttgart, announced today that it is developing a hybrid drive version of its highly anticipated four-door Gran Turismo. The Panamera Hybrid will utilize the same gas-electric drive concept as the Cayenne Hybrid that comes to market at the end of the decade and will claim a remarkable 30% reduction of fuel consumption.

The full parallel hybrid system of the Panamera will be configured with the battery unit positioned below the luggage compartment, and hybrid module, comprising of an additional clutch and electric motor, will be between the engine and transmission. Depending on driving conditions, the hybrid module has the ability to disengage either the combustion engine or the electric motor, or to combine both drive systems as one joint power unit. This flexibility results in benefits such as a zero emissions driving mode, fuel savings in both city and highway driving and maximum performance when desired.

The Panamera, which represents Porsche's fourth model line, will make its world debut in 2009 and promises to redefine the Gran Turismo category by featuring a unique design package that will afford equally generous front and rear space and seating comfort for four while retaining the sporting and unmistakable driving dynamics of every Porsche. Introduced initially with traditional drivetrains, the hybrid version of the Panamera will be offered at a later date.

user posted image

Source

Where did Porsche go so wrong. Front-mounted V8 engine, water cooled, hybrid. What's wrong with the world today?

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:13 AM

Quit complaining...aircooled is histroy, as much as that sucks, and porsche isnt bringing it back. I like what Porsche can do with front engine cars. I wouldnt mind having a 4 door Corvette. The only issues I want them to overcome is their reliability of their V8s and I think they conquered that issue when the produced one for that SUV thing they have.

I wouldnt mind having the Panamera, but not the hybrid. I would just take the V8 (non turbo) and be happy.

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 03:25 AM

I'm just saying that with adding a hybrid, Porsche is getting so soft, green, and user-friendly that they're one step away from sprouting a vagina. We need more hardcore Porsches. As nice as the new GT3 RS is, it's alot softer than any previous RS.

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 January 2008 - 04:42 AM

The Panorama looks like sh*t to me. confused.gif

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 08 January 2008 - 06:56 AM

Porsche should have never made that hideous bloated monstrosity that they called the Cayenne. I've got nothing wrong with a 4 door, GT Porsche, but a SUV is just plain wrong.

Although, as much as I hate it, there's no denying that Porsche couldn't be as well of as they are without it.

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 08:51 AM Edited by stingray132, 11 January 2008 - 08:40 PM.

Hey all! New cars unveiled today. Just thought I'd share them with you
  • 2009 Cadillac CTS-V:
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images
    Specs:
    Horsepower: 550 hp (estimated)
    Torque: 550 lb.-ft (estimated)
    Transmission: 6-Speed Auto/6-Speed Manual (with steering wheel mounted paddle shifters)
    Engine: 6.2-liter Supercharged V8 (detuned Corvette ZR1 engine)
    Price: ?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 2009 Hyundai Genesis Sedan (US Version):
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images
    Specs:
    Engine Choices: 264 hp (3.3-liter V6), 290 hp (3.8-liter V6), 368 hp (4.6-liter V8)
    Price: Sub-$30,000
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 2009 Audi TT-S:
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images (Leaked)
    Specs:
    Horspower: 272 hp
    Engine: 2.0-liter Turbocharged I4
  • 2009 Mercedes-Benz CLC-Class Sport Coupe: (Leaked Image)
    user posted image
    Specs:
    Horsepower: 184 hp
    Engine: 1.8-liter I4
  • 2009 Mitsubishi Lancer Ralliart: (Spied Undisquised)
    user posted image
    Specs:
    Horspower: 240-250 hp
    Engine: 2.0-liter Turbocharged I4
    Transmission: 6-Speed Twin Clutch - SST Transmission
  • 2008 Cadillac Provoq Concept:
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images
  • 2008 Hummer HX Concept:
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images
  • 2008 Saab 9-4X BioPower Concept:
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:40 PM

CTS-V - M5 killer...revised.

Hyundai Genesis Sedan - Hyundai gives Infinity, Lexus, and Acura a run for their money.

Audi TT-S - Another TT.

Mercedes Benz CLC - A Benz C-class coupe for 2009.

Lancer RalliArt - All the "evo" without the AWD.

Cadillac Provoq - Cadillac's Chevy Volt.

Hummer HX - Wrangler sized. Hummer H4 design direction with its own body on frame architecture and the CTS's V6.

Saab 9-4x - Saab makes a crossover game by pacing something between the 9-3/9-5 and the 9-7 Trailblazer thingy.

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 01:57 PM Edited by stingray132, 09 January 2008 - 06:24 PM.

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jan 9 2008, 13:40)
Lancer RalliArt - All the "evo" without the AWD.

I forgot to mention that it does have 4WD.

I hate GM, but what they're doing these days is just plain amazing. They're taking HUGE steps to improve themselves while all the other brands are just sitting around waiting to get stomped over by GM.

They've introduced the Corvette ZR1, which is gonna kill almost every sports/super car out there. Then the CTS, which is already considered better than the Merc C-Class. The Chevrolet Malibu, which is winning comparoes pitted against Accords and Camrys. And now the CTS-V, which is gonna EAT the M5.

Pontiac hasn't been doing much. Their new G8 is nice with its exterior design and all, but I still think the 300 and Charger are much better

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:07 PM Edited by kevin2006rhs, 09 January 2008 - 02:10 PM.

Damn...thank god. I am glad they filled in that performance gap left between the standard Lancer and the Evo. I am happy it isnt just this:

user posted image

EDIT:

Quick Question...Is it just me or is the Chevy Volt the first gas/electric hybrid that makes sense and I wouldnt mind being seen driving down the highway?

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:12 PM

QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jan 9 2008, 14:07)
Quick Question...Is it just me or is the Chevy Volt the first gas/electric hybrid that makes sense and I wouldnt mind being seen driving down the highway?

Well, they're bringing it to production in 2010.

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 09 January 2008 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Jan 9 2008, 09:12)
QUOTE (kevin2006rhs @ Jan 9 2008, 14:07)

Well, they're bringing it to production in 2010.

Yeah...I would guess the Technology behind the Volt...but going to that design style would be a far cry from where they have worked to be these last two years design wise. I think this whole "engine drives generator" set up is pretty cool. Makes me think of diesel/electric boats and trains.

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 January 2008 - 03:12 PM Edited by stingray132, 09 January 2008 - 04:37 PM.

• 2008 Ford Explorer America Concept:
    user posted image
    Even though it's not going to be on the production version, does anybody think those things next to the fenders outside the grille look like fingers pinching a cheek?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Update: Mercedes-Benz CLC-Class Sport Coupe: (two more images unveiled)
    user posted image
    user posted image

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:18 AM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Jan 9 2008, 07:57)
Pontiac hasn't been doing much. Their new G8 is nice with its exterior design and all, but I still think the 300 and Charger are much better

The 300 is a Chrysler car, not Pontiac.

You are right though, Pontiac is slacking a bit. Sure they've got he new G8 coming out, and all the other relatively new G cars. But where the f*ck is the Firebird/Trans Am?!?!?!??!! WHERE??!?!??!?!? f*ck Pontiac, get on it!

kevin2006rhs
  • kevin2006rhs

host of delete key

• The Connection

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:39 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 9 2008, 20:18)
But where the f*ck is the Firebird/Trans Am?!?!?!??!!

And thats the exact reason the Shelby GT500KR got the KITT role in Knight Rider. Who knows...wait till press day at the NAIAS on the 13th and maybe pontiac will pull a few quick ones with the Camaro and we will have a new Trans Am. But I wouldnt bet on it.

stingray132
  • stingray132

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:20 PM Edited by stingray132, 13 January 2008 - 05:11 PM.

QUOTE (Picolini @ Jan 10 2008, 01:18)
The 300 is a Chrysler car, not Pontiac.

I know. That is what I was trying to say that the competition is much better, IMO. The G8 competes with the 300 and Charger, so therefore what I'm saying is that the latter's much better than the G8.

GM really doesn't need Buick at this point, just like Ford doesn't need Mercury. Buicks are generally the type of cars that old people drive. Nobody wants one. The brand doesn't recieve new models for years and should be killed. The Supers are not going tp help the brand anyway. The Enclave is nice, but there are better luxury crossovers out there. Saab shouldn't be killed, but it should be sold off. GM already has Cadillac and besides, Saab hasn't been very profitable for them.
  • 2009 Mazda RX-8
    user posted image
    High-Resolution Images
    That thing looks gorgeous. I've never been a fan of the RX-8. Always thought it was very ugly and too over-the-top, but this is just beautiful. Could also be because of the color though.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • 2008 Tata Nano:
    user posted image
    More Images
    This thing's the cheapest car in the world at just 2,500 USD. It looks all-plastic and exremely cheap and tacky-ish. All Asian cars (excluding Japanese) are like that. Just three words for this thing: SUPER DUPER UGLY!!

BTW, not many people come to this side of the board. Why?

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 07:22 PM

QUOTE (stingray132 @ Jan 10 2008, 09:20)
BTW, not many people come to this side of the board. Why?

It's because we're too hardcore and extreme to be around normal people. sarcasm.gif Actually, that's a good question. I guess lots of people just aren't hardcore car-lovers like us.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:14 PM

We're hardcore car lovers?

lurchseesu420
  • lurchseesu420

I gotta get outta here!

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 January 2008 - 08:58 PM

QUOTE (Black-hawk @ Jan 10 2008, 16:14)
We're hardcore car lovers?

Dunno. Some of us are.

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 January 2008 - 09:00 PM

I was watching a clip on the news today about the cheapest car in the world, has no power steering, no electric windows, hardly anything on the dash, and it doesn't even have an airbag.

wow.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users