1,197 replies to this topic
Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO
  • Best Contributor [Vehicles] 2012

Posted 03 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

And don't forget the price. I'm thinking around $30k US for the normal car and around $80k US for the Sport? Not that they (Sports) were really sold over here.

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

GTAF's Resident Niggling Pedant

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:47 PM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Oct 3 2010, 18:58)
And don't forget the price. I'm thinking around $30k US for the normal car and around $80k US for the Sport? Not that they (Sports) were really sold over here.

The cheapest normal 10v Quattro I've seen over here was about £4k. A good one is £8-9k, later 20 valves are about £11k.
A Sport Quattro will set you back at LEAST £35k. Most have been worked over and used as actual race cars at some point- the cheapest will be those that have been raced then returned to road trim. Most of those have details (like the interior trim and certain engine components) that are non-standard. A SQ racer in a moderate (450bhp-ish) state of tune, and road legal, will be around £40-60k depending on what work was done (the silver one in my last post sold for £40k at auction but that was a Dialynx conversion rather than a genuine Sport Quattro). If you're lucky enough to find one of the 9 original RHD Sport Quattros in the UK, expect the price to be north of £100k.

jelly
  • jelly

Posted 03 October 2010 - 07:53 PM

I remember years ago I saw a Sport Quattro replica in a Swedish magazine. They chopped a regular ur-Quattro and had fiberglass parts fabricated to make it look right. The thing looked like the proper one and went like hell. Seems much more sensible than searching down the real deal, it'd have a hell of a premium and you'd be too afraid of ruining it. sad.gif

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:03 PM

I was talking list price back when they were new. The Sport was in 911 Turbo territory as far as price goes.

dog_day_sunrise
  • dog_day_sunrise

GTAF's Resident Niggling Pedant

• Members

Posted 03 October 2010 - 08:10 PM Edited by dog_day_sunrise, 03 October 2010 - 08:14 PM.

QUOTE (jelly @ Oct 3 2010, 19:53)
I remember years ago I saw a Sport Quattro replica in a Swedish magazine. They chopped a regular ur-Quattro and had fiberglass parts fabricated to make it look right. The thing looked like the proper one and went like hell. Seems much more sensible than searching down the real deal, it'd have a hell of a premium and you'd be too afraid of ruining it. sad.gif

That might be the MTM replica, or a Dialynx one. Dialynx will do a body chop for about £7000, and fit the pannels for another £2k or so. I believe that they fit a full multi-point cage to the car as well. Their main press car (the grey one) is running high 9's at the moment and has been magazine featured several times. I've also seen the blog of a guy in Norway who built an SQ replica himself using Dialynx body pannels and a home-brewed roof chop and windscreen modification (genuine Sport Quattros were fitted with a steeper windscreen from an Audi 80 as they found it decreased reflection from the dashboard, but most companies get around that by just flocking the dash).

A 1982 Quattro was £18k or thereabouts- or £50760 today.
A 1984 Sport Quattro was £50k- or £124500 in todays money.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:05 PM

Have you seen the new Subaru Impreza?

Well, here it is:
http://www.autogaler...40217&news=3835

...for f*ck's sake, why does Subaru turn into Hyundai? confused.gif

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 07 April 2011 - 06:09 PM

Well...

I wouldnt mind if they started turning into (current) Hyundai... but sadly... they seem to be turning into something much, much worse - Toyota.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Most Knowledgeable [Technology] 2013
    Helpfulness Award
    Helpfulness Award [Technology]

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:32 PM

Spyshots of the new Impreza...

http://img148.images...imprezaspys.jpg
http://img577.images...imprezaspys.jpg
http://img706.images...imprezaspys.jpg
http://img828.images...imprezaspys.jpg
http://img21.imagesh...imprezaspys.jpg

Well it looks nowhere as bad as in the pic I posted earlier, but still it fails to meet the expectations. I didn't think I'd say this, but I prefer the current version. Quoting Top Gear, it just looks like "some car", not like a badass saloon that it used to be.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:07 PM

Bump

user posted image

Spy cameras capture camouflaged Commodore in Sweden.

This is not just another photo of a camouflaged car, it’s next year’s new Holden Commodore – to be known as the VF Commodore - and the images reveal more than you might expect.

Spy photos published in Wheels magazine show us for the first time the next Commodore will be an update of the current car – not an all-new model.

When the VE Commodore was released in 2006 the then boss of Holden Denny Mooney said the VE generation was expected to run “five maybe six years” before being replaced with a cleansheet design.

Advertisement: Story continues below
But a sequence of significant events has since conspired against the Commodore, making the current generation destined to be one of the longest-running models in Commodore history, and possibly the last as we know it.

The global financial crisis, the bankruptcy and restructure of General Motors, the axing of the Commodore’s US export program and the continuing decline in large-car sales globally mean Holden has not been able to justify investment in big changes.

Although the VE has had a number of minor updates since it was released, it will be seven years old before it is replaced by the VF Commodore in 2013 as a 2014 “model-year” – and even then the only visual changes to the body will be at the front and rear.

Significantly, the core of the car – the doors and roof – will remain unchanged. Even the mirror housings are the same as before.

By comparison, it took just five years for similar sheetmetal changes on the previous generation Commodore, when the model switched from VX to VY in 2002, with a new front- and rear-end appearance. And even that car got new mirrors.

Given that the visual changes are relatively minor, Holden is taking extraordinary lengths to ensure the appearance of the next Commodore remains under wraps – even as the car undergoes stability control testing on ice roads in far away Sweden.

Holden has fitted hand-made temporary headlights and tail-lights under the camouflage of this test mule to keep fans guessing.

However, Holden is also working on changes beneath the surface that will trim weight from the next Commodore and save fuel.

The former Federal Minister for Industry, Kim Carr, and Holden boss Mike Devereux revealed last year the VF Commodore will use aluminium for panels such as the bonnet, said to trim 8kg. The magazine also reports that other structural changes will trim a further 30kg from the car.

Photos show Holden has taken some of the bulge out of the Commodore’s wheel arches to help it slip through the air more efficiently at freeway speeds.

Last year Devereux said the next Commodore would sip about 10 per cent less fuel than current levels, which would edge consumption close to or below 8L/100km, similar to today’s medium-sized sedans and compact soft-roaders.

Meantime Drive understands the next Commodore will also embrace a new electronics system that controls most functions in the car, bringing the Commodore in line with other models in the GM world and opening the vehicle up to new technology such as centre-mounted airbags, a self-parking system and digital radio.

The next Commodore is also understood to be central to reviving Holden’s US export hopes.

Last month, Chevrolet announced it would enter a new model in next year’s Nascar racing series, and that it would have a rear-drive sports sedan in showrooms to coincide with the campaign.

The statement prompted speculation the likely candidate for this car would be the Commodore, badged there as a Chevrolet.

The former boss of Holden Mark Reuss, now in charge of GM in North America, told Drive last year: “Somewhere along the way you’ll get a pretty big Commodore change and if we did (revive the Commodore export program to North America) we would integrate it with those changes.”

http://theage.drive....0416-1x2bi.html

I hope they update the interior, VZ/VY interior was way better than the VE.

lulz tounge.gif

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:15 AM

user posted image

The Mercedes CLA. The affordable Mercedes.

Linky

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:27 AM

120hp for 40 grand USD. Holy sh*t. People will really buy whatever has a Mercedes logo on it...

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 07:58 AM

The car looks sh*t and probably will be sh*t, but it will sell a tonne a Mercedes will make million$ off it.

Worship
  • Worship

Yeaah

• Members
  • Azerbaijan

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:32 AM

About exterior and interior, the car looks f*cking hot for 25-30k £.
About engine, this is really sh*t, would fit who is stingy about gasoline.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:55 AM

2014 Mercedes Benz S-Class/W222 Revealed:
http://www.autoblog..../#photo-5743574
http://www.autoblog..../#photo-5742932

What do you all think? Somebody can bin my topic about it BTW.

Moth
  • Moth

Fiat justitia ruat caelum

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2013 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 06:55)

Very bland looking. Looks too safe.

Sup3rman
  • Sup3rman

Legen- wait for it -dary

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 02:56 PM

Wouldnt say its bland, it looks elegant and nice. Not a serious update from the previous one but i like it. Everything is balanced and it also differs somewhat from other new mercs. It looks expensive to me, like it should.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Still not liking the interior. It's plush but I hate the circular air vents and the dashboard is awfully 'meh' to me.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:16 PM

I've already made clear that I think the new S-Class looks like crap. Not a big fan of the W221 either. The CLA, on the other hand, looks amazing. I've been thinking of trading my SLS deposit for the CLA when it comes out. Sure it may be overpriced, but for a lot of customers here in Asia it's probably a fifth or sixth car so it doesn't really matter. Hell, I only need it for grocery runs and quick jaunts into town. The cars I have just aren't suited for that sort of stuff.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:44 PM

The CLA looks 'okay' as well. To be honest, I'm getting sort of disappointed with the new Mercedes fleet. Not only are they starting to look like bigger and smaller versions of each other, inside and out, I'm also just not liking their designs.
Mercedes just lost their elegance imho. I don't really like them anymore.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 19 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 16:16)
I've been thinking of trading my SLS deposit for the CLA when it comes out. Sure it may be overpriced, but for a lot of customers here in Asia it's probably a fifth or sixth car so it doesn't really matter.

That sounds f*cking retarded. icon13.gif

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 11:55)

Doesn't look that bad, actually. I would've expected something better, though. IMO, Mercedes-Benz is kinda going downhill.

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:44 PM

It looks pretty ridiculous. It looks like it's been rear-ended by a bus and the interior was probably designed by someone with Parkinson's.

Kifflom112
  • Kifflom112

I like to spam

• Members

Posted 19 March 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (lzw3 @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 17:44)
It looks like it's been rear-ended by a bus and the interior was probably designed by someone with Parkinson's.

lol.gif lol!
But yeah something does look a little off about the rear and the interior. dontgetit.gif I dunno' what to say. It isn't something I'd expect from this company. It just doesn't look good, is it bad that I think the W221's dashboard looks a hell of a lot better?

Linc.
  • Linc.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:30 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 09:23)
It just doesn't look good, is it bad that I think the W221's dashboard looks a hell of a lot better?

Not at all, they've f*cked this one up. They've tried to make it too futuristic and it just comes off as looking a bit retarded. The W221 looks much better.

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:59 AM

QUOTE (Lurch @ Wednesday, Mar 20 2013, 05:37)
I've been thinking of trading my SLS deposit for the CLA when it comes out. Sure it may be overpriced, but for a lot of customers here in Asia it's probably a fifth or sixth car so it doesn't really matter.

Why? cryani.gif

I just can't justify buying an SLS anymore as I need the money for my wedding. Ring alone is going to cost me between £15k-£25k and obviously Mercedes won't give me back my deposit. They are allowing me to use my deposit on anything else they have though as my family have been loyal customers for years.

visionist
  • visionist

Eat A Peach For Hours

• Members

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:32 AM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 11:55)

OK this car is a BIG deal to me...

Exterior is slightly bland, unsure if the AMG will liven things up.

Interior? icon14.gif

"Overstyled" or not, there is absolutely no way in Hell you'll mistake that dash for anything less than the BIG S. The DADDY. The Muthaphukkin' CROWN PRINCE of Germany. It's LOADED with Luxury. I Love it.

Marwin Moody
  • Marwin Moody

u in da mood?

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Norway

Posted 21 March 2013 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Kifflom112 @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 12:55)

beautiful exterior and interior. the exterior is quite masculine, which is always nice in cars, and the interior looks very much like the concept drawings, which is cool

LCstuntman
  • LCstuntman

It's a wonderful horrible life.

• Members

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:32 PM

QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 16:59)

Why? cryani.gif

I just can't justify buying an SLS anymore as I need the money for my wedding. Ring alone is going to cost me between £15k-£25k and obviously Mercedes won't give me back my deposit. They are allowing me to use my deposit on anything else they have though as my family have been loyal customers for years.

Nice humblebrag, man.

Like I said in the other thread, that Merc looks like every other Merc of the past decade. But then again I'm not exactly the person that buys a car for "luxury" and "comfort". Ew lol.gif

Outcast
  • Outcast

Scorps4Lyfe

• The Connection
  • Taiwan

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:35 AM Edited by Outcast, 22 March 2013 - 01:41 AM.

QUOTE (LCstuntman @ Friday, Mar 22 2013, 06:32)
QUOTE (Outcast @ Tuesday, Mar 19 2013, 16:59)

Why? cryani.gif

Nice humblebrag, man.

Thanks, I'm the best at that. icon14.gif

There should actually be more people like me on here, otherwise it's just full of prepubescent kids whining about how they have no friends and how their life sucks blah blah blah. My life is f*cking awesome and you know it.

Lurch
  • Lurch

Yeah...pretty much.

• The Connection
  • NATO

Posted 22 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

Looks like every other MB made in the past decade yet seems to be a lot less car. I don't know what MB you can afford so I don't know what to suggest. I'm not big on anything they make now that doesn't have an AMG badge attatched.

I'd go for an SLS and give her a smaller diamond myself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users