Photo

Car NEWS topic

1,197 replies to this topic
Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 13 April 2007 - 08:39 AM

Hence i'm implementing the new rules, this is the car news topic avoiding you to create a NEW topic each time a new model is out wink.gif

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci Racing

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:03 PM

Does anyone know what the hell this is?

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 13 April 2007 - 09:06 PM

Never heard of it before, but it looks weird aswell.

Whoever came up with the design for that car certainly had wrong ideas.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 02:31 AM

I find the digital read-out on the rear end to be rather funny, if it does display the speed that is tounge.gif

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 07:37 AM

Well...
Halo?
I mean the digital display is soo like it...

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 14 2007, 02:31)
I find the digital read-out on the rear end to be rather funny, if it does display the speed that is tounge.gif

Hmm, so that the officers that are unable to catch up with the offending speedster could register how much over the limit the thing is rocketing at? Sweet. Though personally the design looks incredibly sexy to me.

Think '69 Corvette had sex with the Batmobile or the B-2 Bomber. tounge.gif

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 15 April 2007 - 04:02 PM

user posted image

V8s are for pussies

Pavlov
  • Pavlov

For your eyes only

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:04 AM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:24 AM

The hood intakes, oh dear.

Oh wait, they're usually positioned the other way around, meh better airflow/cooling I guess.

Still looks like a Gillete Mach 5.

Black-hawk
  • Black-hawk

Boss

• The Connection

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:01 PM Edited by Black-hawk, 20 April 2007 - 12:40 PM.

Double post, woo.

New 8 Series:
BMW surprised everyone with their Shanghai antics today. Showing that they can play the four-door coupe game as well as Mercedes, Aston and Porsche, the Bavarians unveiled their Concept CS. Expected to become BMW's new flagship model (8-series, perhaps?), the CS is believed to be almost production-ready. It sits on the newest 7-series platform under development, extending the length and width of the current 7 by a couple of inches, while dropping the roofl by a good five inches. it measures in at 200.8 inches long, 78 inches wide, and just 53.5-inches high. Even with the extra acreage, the CS is a four-seater only, with two sculpted seats in back.

Mercedes-Benz started this sport sedan/4-door coupe craze with its CLS, but this will be a larger, and likely more expensive, vehicle along the lines of the upcoming Porsche Panamera and Aston Martin Rapide. This Concept CS also shows us where the next iteration of BMW design is headed. Although his previous designs have been met with mixed reactions, designer Chris Bangle continues to use "flame surfacing" for complex curves that wouldn't have been possible with old manufacturing techniques. The CS feels like an evolution of that philosophy with sharper edges and swoopier surfaces all around. Underhood we'll find a 6.0-liter V12, which is essentially the M5 5.0-liter V10 with two extra cylinders. That's a nice modular motor for BMW if that ends up being the case, with 10-cylinder, 12-cylinder, and V8

http://www.autoblog....bmw-cs-concept/

user posted image

Looks retarded.

Also, Pav, I seriously think we need separate topics for new announced car models. Browsing through one thread to find everything is going to be a headache, moreover over time it will get cluttered. Or a thread for each manufacturer I dunno, lots of beamers lately.

Though you're in command here, don't mind me acting up. tounge.gif

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 April 2007 - 12:26 PM Edited by Organic Zero, 20 April 2007 - 12:30 PM.

like I said on other forum, looks like a mix of a aston martin front with a dodge charger ('06) rear.... and nowhere looking like a bimmer... cry.gif

*gta star*
  • *gta star*

Z Man - Veteran Z member

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 April 2007 - 04:50 PM

@Black-hawk - I love the look of that car personally, looks evil.

smile.gif

Although, they basically have copied Mercedes and a few other companies with this car, the whole Saloon Sport idea. Only difference is, they've put it on a 7 Series body.

EvilPenguin
  • EvilPenguin

Insufferable c*nt.

• Feroci Racing

Posted 20 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

I think people need to get used to the idea of weird looking Bimmers. The era of the bread and butter BMW design scheme is over. I think that Bimmer looks great, except for the grills. They could be quite a bit smaller and more angular to better fit the attitude of the car.

Wheelman
  • Wheelman

n00b patrol

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

I dunno if it's just the angle that photo is taken at, but that's one of the ugliest BMWs ever. Darth Vader looks evil too, but you wouldn't wear a Star Wars outfit whilst going on a date (well, maybe some would, but that's another issue entirely...).

The Concept CS/8-series is all aggro and no style, imo. It looks like it was penned by a designer high on caffeine, Pro Plus, and stress. Grrrr! Whereas the forthcoming Aston Martin Rapide, and Mercedes CLS look smooth, and self-assured, as if they were designed by someone who just spent the night with a beautiful woman that stepped out of a beautiful ball gown.

The Bangle design only seems to be applied to the low-volume BMWs. The biggest money spinner, the ubiquitous 3-series, is remarkably conventional in comparison. I wonder why that is?

dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 12:56 PM

No official tech specs released. But pics have!
All that's known is that the engine is a newly designed aluminium 2 liter expected to put out no less than 300hp. Connected to a 6 speed manual and possibly an optional semi auto box.

Not too different from the concept x. I LOVE IT

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Dup
  • Dup

Retired Lurker

• Zaibatsu

Posted 26 April 2007 - 01:26 PM

It's not the final design pre sé, but will probably look very similar anyway. The UK will get an auto DSG as standard, and the manaul will be an option. Seems we've turned into the USf*ckingA with all these auto-sh*t-boxes.

QUOTE (Piston Heads)
After a series of concepts, we’re getting ever closer to seeing the new Mitsubishi Evolution X. Although the Japanese firm is still insisting this is an exterior design study, we can’t believe it’s going to change much from the car you see here.

Not many other details have been released, although it does appear that a manual gearbox will now be an option in the UK; it was thought a six-speed DSG gearbox would be the only transmission available over here.

Expect also Mitsubishi’s latest S-AWC3 four-wheel drive system and MIVEC4 valve control for the two litre turbo motor.

The official production car will debut at the Frankfurt motor show before going on sale in the UK in March 2008. After the disappointment of the new Subaru Impreza, these Evo pictures have cheered us up considerably…

dominguero
  • dominguero

mlaaars

• Members

Posted 26 April 2007 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (Dup @ Apr 26 2007, 13:26)
It's not the final design pre sé, but will probably look very similar anyway. The UK will get an auto DSG as standard, and the manaul will be an option. Seems we've turned into the USf*ckingA with all these auto-sh*t-boxes.

QUOTE (Piston Heads)
After a series of concepts, we’re getting ever closer to seeing the new Mitsubishi Evolution X. Although the Japanese firm is still insisting this is an exterior design study, we can’t believe it’s going to change much from the car you see here.

Not many other details have been released, although it does appear that a manual gearbox will now be an option in the UK; it was thought a six-speed DSG gearbox would be the only transmission available over here.

Expect also Mitsubishi’s latest S-AWC3 four-wheel drive system and MIVEC4 valve control for the two litre turbo motor.

The official production car will debut at the Frankfurt motor show before going on sale in the UK in March 2008. After the disappointment of the new Subaru Impreza, these Evo pictures have cheered us up considerably…

Mitsu press release says this is the final product...

I wish this could be it

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:59 AM

2 liter expected to put out no less than 300hp

Ah the wonders of Turbocharging. Though i'd like to see what Cosworth could do with it, they got 500bhp from a 1.9 Sierra in the 80's! (ok that was only the racing versions, the road going one had around 200 i think)

I actually don't mind that Spada Codatronca *duck*
Reminds me of those old Chevy Boattail things... The speed readout on the back though, can anyone say 1984?

Picolini
  • Picolini

ZOMG ROFL XD!!!!11

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 April 2007 - 04:28 PM Edited by Picolini, 30 April 2007 - 02:32 AM.

To switch it up a bit...

The new 700+ HP Corvette will be called the Z07 (instead of the rumored "Blueray" or "SS"), and come out in 2009 as a C6, then followed up by the next years all new C7 (except the C6 Z07 will share some components of the C7). As Motor Trend pointed out, it's likely the standard C7 will be a 500hp version.

Also, Vortech has released a supercharger ($6695-$6995) for the C6 Z06 that pumps the out put up to 635 horsepower!! Insane... They are also using a SQ technology, "Super-quiet", which makes the supercharger whine almost unable to be heard at lower speeds and rpms.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:24 AM

Well Holden's announced its new Vectra replacement, surprise surprise its yet another Daewoo badged as a Holden deal this time the Daewoo Tosca or similar. You'd think they would of learnt since the new Barina's abysmal sales to date have been terrible.

Offering a 2.0-litre V6 (104kW) or 2.5-litre V6 (115kw) with FWD, using a decade old technology and you have something pretty crappy in my opinion.

user posted image

user posted image

OG-LOC R360
  • OG-LOC R360

Group: BSC-FC

• Members

Posted 29 April 2007 - 11:24 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 29 2007, 10:24)
Well Holden's announced its new Vectra replacement, surprise surprise its yet another Daewoo badged as a Holden deal this time the Daewoo Tosca or similar. You'd think they would of learnt since the new Barina's abysmal sales to date have been terrible.

Offering a 2.0-litre V6 (104kW) or 2.5-litre V6 (115kw) with FWD, using a decade old technology and you have something pretty crappy in my opinion.

That was no suprise. All Holdens other than the Commodore are Daewoos now.

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (OG-LOC R360 @ Apr 29 2007, 21:54)

Well not all of them, its only the Barina, Viva, Captiva and now Epica as it stands. I am just saddened each time the euro cars get replaced by crappy Daewoo's. The major thing is how this new Epica has competition in the form of the Mazda6 & Toyota Camry which are much better cars by far.

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 03:32 AM

QUOTE (Picolini @ Apr 27 2007, 11:28)
To switch it up a bit...

The new 700+ HP Corvette will be called the Z07 (instead of the rumored "Blueray" or "SS"), and come out in 2009 as a C6, then followed up by the next years all new C7 (except the C6 Z07 will share some components of the C7). As Motor Trend pointed out, it's likely the standard C7 will be a 500hp version.

Also, Vortech has released a supercharger ($6695-$6995) for the C6 Z06 that pumps the out put up to 635 horsepower!! Insane... They are also using a SQ technology, "Super-quiet", which makes the supercharger whine almost unable to be heard at lower speeds and rpms.

They need to quit spending so much time and money making sh*t quiet. Don't they know anyone who wants to tune their car isn't worried about "noise levels" or "ride quality"....

We wanna hear sh*t rumble, sputter, whine, whistle, etc....

Organic Zero
  • Organic Zero

|Block Rocking Beats|

• Feroci Racing

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:18 AM

QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Apr 30 2007, 01:32)
To switch it up a bit...

They need to quit spending so much time and money making sh*t quiet. Don't they know anyone who wants to tune their car isn't worried about "noise levels" or "ride quality"....

erm... not everyone thinks like that...

imo, sounding louder doesn't automaticaly mean sounding nice... fartcans make riced out cars sound loud as hell but yet the sound produced is nowhere in the range of sounds we find pleasant...

if they can make it sound quiet, but yet having a nice acoustics i'm all for it. nothing better than riding on stealth mode....

Tuff Luv Capo
  • Tuff Luv Capo

We must find Ansama Benlanden

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 07:24 AM Edited by Tuff Luv Capo, 30 April 2007 - 07:27 AM.

QUOTE (Organic Zero @ Apr 30 2007, 00:18)
QUOTE (Tuff Luv Capo @ Apr 30 2007, 01:32)
To switch it up a bit...

erm... not everyone thinks like that...

imo, sounding louder doesn't automaticaly mean sounding nice... fartcans make riced out cars sound loud as hell but yet the sound produced is nowhere in the range of sounds we find pleasant...

if they can make it sound quiet, but yet having a nice acoustics i'm all for it. nothing better than riding on stealth mode....

You're comparing fart-cans to a supercharger. A roots-style supercharger is usually only heard at or near WOT. That allows you to be stealthy yet still present awesome sound when you want to show off.

I'm not saying it should wake people up, but for SIX GRAND, it better sound awesome.

OG-LOC R360
  • OG-LOC R360

Group: BSC-FC

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:10 AM

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:47)

Well not all of them, its only the Barina, Viva, Captiva and now Epica as it stands. I am just saddened each time the euro cars get replaced by crappy Daewoo's. The major thing is how this new Epica has competition in the form of the Mazda6 & Toyota Camry which are much better cars by far.

Now what doewoo madel's gonna replace the astra?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:00 AM

QUOTE (OG-LOC R360 @ Apr 30 2007, 18:40)
QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 30 2007, 02:47)

Now what doewoo madel's gonna replace the astra?

Well the Viva was the Astra Classic's replacement, not sure about the Astra Coupe' but I hope they keep it as its a pretty nice looking car.

Cran.
  • Cran.

910 reprisent

• Members

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:10 PM Edited by Cran., 30 April 2007 - 01:22 PM.

QUOTE (GTA3Freak-2001 @ Apr 29 2007, 20:54)

EDIT: Just saw this, it's a I6, not a V6. What would be the point of having a small V6? More weight with little power increases! wink.gif

Yeah, another Daewoo, but they're (Holden) doing reasonably well with the Daewoos, and making a much better profit margins. That's a bit harsh to say they've been doing terribly, eh Freakeh? How are they going to compete with the Japanese without Daewoos? All the Opels are too expensive, and people sadly aren't going to pay a premium for a small or medium Holden, sadly.

Daewoos, like all Korean brands are catching up too, and let's remember, all the design is GM done, and Holden tweeks the ride and handling for local conditions. I know, I wish we had the new Corsa compared to the Barina/Kalos, but the loss of the Vectra wasn't exactly a bad thing. The top spec V6 was edging up to $50k, and it's a bit vanilla.

GoAuto first drive

I think it's quite a strong challenger for the Camry and Madza6. It's aggressively priced with good equiptment levels and I think the I6 has a lot of appeal. More torque lower down, smoother powerband. It was actually developed by Porsche. Just ask BMW why they generally don't bother with I4s! wink.gif (Yes, I quoted the first drive article! tounge.gif)

I like the looks, better than the Camry, has a bit of flair to it. The Camry is slowly evolving into a Volvo. Look at the rear design and mainly the boot. It's nice, but if anything still a little bland. The Epica accompanies the rest of the Holden range quite well, although the Viva and Kal..Barina will always stick out like a sore thumb. You'd be considered blind if you couldn't spot the difference between the Holden versions and the Daewoo versions.

The Camry is a big side step, as medium sized cars go.

Autospeed Camry review

As for the Astra, it's staying where it is, in both Coupe and Hatchback. Just had a midlife MY '07.5 update.

http://editorial.car...ew/2537945.aspx

@Picolini madness. I want that supercharger whine all god damn day. Best noise evar, well, apart from a shrieking BMW I6 or fizzy italian V6 wink.gif

A.Fonz
  • A.Fonz

Aaaay!

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:31 AM

New Ssangyong WZ Concept Reveiled,

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Definately the best looking Ssangyong to date. But still, I don't think there should ever be allowed a word to start with double S.

3niX
  • 3niX

Lazy idiot

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:59 AM

Well...
That rear reminds me of a 350z for some reason.
Looks quite good for a Ssangyong though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users