• xunholyknightx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE (nlitement @ Apr 10 2007, 17:42)
QUOTE (krs.one @ Apr 10 2007, 19:38)
QUOTE (Ramzy @ Apr 10 2007, 17:36)
God... Please say it isn't so...

Each and every single GTA was a continuation of the next. Each GTA would carry on the features of the PREVIOUS title while adding extra improvements, vehicles, and general content.

Why are we taking a step BACKWARDS?

Good question... I really hope this guy and his girlfriend are just making a joke and laughing their asses off as we speak.

Which does, even though I hope the same as you, sound very unlikely and ridiculous.

agreed

Knife
  • Knife

Tits.

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

How much time did you ever spend in a plane? A few mins yes? What is there to do in a plane? Look at some fu*king clouds?

If they were removing cars, well you would be right to be going crazy... but planes were never a big feature... yes they were fun... but IV will be fun without them.

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

ok WTF?!?! mercie_blink.gif

No planes kinda means no sky diving unless they make a really high point in the game where theres a parachute. Although that would be stupid since that could be the only place you could sky dive from. They said something about lunatics in NYC and how they wanted that to be in LC, so basically they want it to resemble NYC right? If I remember correctly NYC has 3 or 2 airports, all with planes. If they want it to resemble NYC then why not include planes?

Ok in San Andreas for me bikes, along with a hydra plane, were the fastest way arount the state and probably the best way. I mean sure NYC has a lot of traffic jams and all, but that would just add the awesomness of riding a bike at like an unbelievable speed and then crashing into a truck or something.

I didnt actually listen to the sound thing cos it was poor quality, but I read the the GI topic. Maybe I missed something but did rahkstar2.gif really say that the main character is old? or older than the previous ones and thats why they wont do planes or bikes?

GTA Thug 4 Life
  • GTA Thug 4 Life

Hating Player

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:31 PM

QUOTE (RockstarFan @ Apr 10 2007, 18:29)

Maybe I missed something but did rahkstar2.gif really say that the main character is old? or older than the previous ones and thats why they wont do planes or bikes?

Ye, and then I would say dont make the goddamn character old.
Its just some kind of lame excuse

NiklasGrand
  • NiklasGrand

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:34 PM

QUOTE (SonicChao @ Apr 10 2007, 16:43)
QUOTE (Drafter @ Apr 10 2007, 16:33)
i heard that there's no people either.

Have you even watched the trailer? mad.gif

People walk by in the trailer.

PROOF:

user posted image

Stop. Making. Idiotic. Statements.

I can't believe you took that seriously. LMFAO
This should go down as one of the best posts ever. lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif

RockstarFan
  • RockstarFan

The Mean Bean

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

Ok now thats a giant f*ck up!!!
Ok an older guy would get a hearattack from riding a bike at 100mph+ but, I agree with GTAThug4Life, since when has rahkstar2.gif did care about realism. I mean I can remember that when sometimes when I jumped from a height that I would die off in real life, I just lost some health. Plus when we have a car crash in GTA we dont lose any health. In real life we could get killed. So like whats the point?

jrt
  • jrt

Me Against The World

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:36 PM

QUOTE (Wipex President Mike @ Apr 10 2007, 16:47)
wow... If this is true, then... I am going to be pissed beyond belief.

I agree, I just dont know what to beleive anymore

grove street O.G.
  • grove street O.G.

Grove street O.G. Coming through! >:(

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

We will have to wait and see. IMO, I think that they will not include planes, maybe a dodo. Its there first time on these next gen consoles and I think that they are just seeing what can be acomplished when they make the GTA. the next game will be better. And the third will be WOW lol I sound like a psychic.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:38 PM

(GTA Thug 4 Life @ Apr 10 2007, 13:31)
(RockstarFan @ Apr 10 2007, 18:29)

Maybe I missed something but did rahkstar2.gif really say that the main character is old? or older than the previous ones and thats why they wont do planes or bikes?

Ye, and then I would say dont make the goddamn character old.
Its just some kind of lame excuse

Could you please provide a link for the age factor?

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:42 PM

To the person claiming that there was nothing to be had by flying planes, remember that in San Andreas you could actually 'dogfight' with other aircraft. In one mission you could actually pick up cars. And flying planes also allowed you to skydive wherever you wanted to.

GTA Thug 4 Life
  • GTA Thug 4 Life

Hating Player

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:43 PM

Well its somewhere in the GI mag topic, plus it has been mentioned many times before.

@ geomy

kool_J_rap
  • kool_J_rap

hard as f*ck

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

R* f*cked up HUGE with this, a f*ck up on this level is just mind boggling to me. Looks like GTA4 is gonna be Saints Row without the ability to customize your character

blunt hit
  • blunt hit

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

QUOTE (atomic skip @ Apr 10 2007, 18:17)
You guys do realize how hard it would be to render planes with the new graphics? I mean yea the game consoles are good but not that good. They could barely pull it off in San Andreas, trees and buildings would just pop up out of no where while you were flying.

because it was ps2.

if they figured out how to do what they did on sa on ps2 they BETTER figure it out for the ps3 with all the god damn money im spending for this sh*t.

this would be gtas first mistake in my view.

DAMN i wanted to skydive over timesquare at night and see how it looked.

8ball3000
  • 8ball3000

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:56 PM

WILL YOU GUYS JUST STOP DAM COMPLAINING!?! THEY HAVE SAID THEMSELVES IT ISN'T EVEN CONFIRMED YET!! SHEESH.

Himuro
  • Himuro

Waka Gashira Blowout!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

It's a shame that the average GTA fan has the brain the size of a peanut.

"I'm disappointed in R*!"

"GTAIV is a huge disappointment!"

"I'M BOYCOTTING THIS GAME!!!"

"ONE CITY? NO PLANES?! THIS IS A TOTAL STEP BACK THIS IS SAINTS ROW WITHOUT THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

All this after small, low res camera phone pics and a paraphrased phone conversation.

There's MORE to GTA than the vehicles you drive people. There's MORE to GTA than the location it's in people.

It seems you folk don't "get" GTA. Turn in your GTAforum.com membership NOW so the people with brains can talk uninterrupted by stupid teenager rabble.

GTA fans my ass.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:01 PM

Not having planes wouldn't mean a whole lot to me. Come to think of it, nor would not having bikes. As long as there are more buildings with interiors and such, I can live without the ability to fly.

zwarren69
  • zwarren69

Nepenthe

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE (Ahugoflove @ Apr 10 2007, 16:47)
Well there is proberly only one reason why planes aint going to bee in GTA 4... and why ?? you lame americans with you lame lawsuit.. just imagene how much R* would get suit if you where able to fly a plane into a building...

Cant see why planes shouldt bee in GTA 4.. i personally hoped to see alot more of diffrent than in GTA SA..

sadly he is probably right... R* pussed out

CharmingCharlie
  • CharmingCharlie

Proud PC Gamer

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:06 PM

ah nowt surprises me now. I am just waiting for the "he can't swim either", I really don't understand what R* are doing.

abottig
  • abottig

tinyurl.com/2glbsx

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:15 PM

QUOTE (joe_bevis @ Apr 10 2007, 16:45)
has it ever occured to any of you that this is not certain yet and this will make it more realistic how many times have heard of a plane being hotwired?????????????????????????????????????????

ok.. let's talk realism you tw*t.

how realistic is the ability to stop a moving car simply by stepping into the street and grabbing the handle? how realistic is it to take a shotgun blast from a cop, duck into a safehouse (btw in SA you own more real estate than donald trump), change clothes, come out, and the FBI doesn't recognize you anymore? please tell me what kind of reality you live in. im intrigued.

now... if there really are no planes, that is the most bogus sh*t ive ever heard. getting around sanan is 100x easier thanks to the inclusion of planes. im speaking especially of the fighter jet. but judging by some of your posts, i dont think some of you even possess the skill to achieve gold in flight school.

R*, F U if you take such a HUGE leap backward and eliminate planes. its something that everyone salivated over in GTA3. alot of us learned how to actually fly the dodo, waiting for the day that we could REALLY fly. the anticipation, and build up for a new GTA is incredible fun. if there are no planes, i will be extremey disppointed in what i thought was the most "in-touch" gaming studio today.
die.gif die.gif die.gif

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:15 PM Edited by geomy, 10 April 2007 - 07:18 PM.

QUOTE (GTA Thug 4 Life @ Apr 10 2007, 13:43)
Well its somewhere in the GI mag topic, plus it has been mentioned many times before.

@ geomy

Weird, 'cause I transcribed the phone call, and there was no mention of any character's age. So I'll ask again, could you provide a link?

As to no planes, get over it. Use the cars can fly cheat.

JohnnyVendetta
  • JohnnyVendetta

Snitch

• Members
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

Did no one take the second post suggestion to LOCK this. Geez..... nothing has been confirmed yet. Yet apparently posters source is a gf of a guy who bought the magazine. Do you believe everything everyone tells you? What a f*cking idiot.

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:21 PM Edited by geomy, 10 April 2007 - 07:24 PM.

QUOTE (JohnnyVendetta @ Apr 10 2007, 14:16)
Did no one take the second post suggestion to LOCK this. Geez..... nothing has been confirmed yet. Yet apparently posters source is a gf of a guy who bought the magazine. Do you believe everything everyone tells you? What a f*cking idiot.

The phone call is available in both audio and text format. Page 36: http://www.gtaforums...c=271432&st=700

Not to mention 6 pages of unseen magazine pics. Sounds credible enough for me.

GTA Thug 4 Life
  • GTA Thug 4 Life

Hating Player

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Himuro @ Apr 10 2007, 19:01)
It's a shame that the average GTA fan has the brain the size of a peanut.

"I'm disappointed in R*!"

"GTAIV is a huge disappointment!"

"I'M BOYCOTTING THIS GAME!!!"

"ONE CITY? NO PLANES?! THIS IS A TOTAL STEP BACK THIS IS SAINTS ROW WITHOUT THE CHARACTER CUSTOMIZATION!!!"

All this after small, low res camera phone pics and a paraphrased phone conversation.

There's MORE to GTA than the vehicles you drive people. There's MORE to GTA than the location it's in people.

It seems you folk don't "get" GTA. Turn in your GTAforum.com membership NOW so the people with brains can talk uninterrupted by stupid teenager rabble.

GTA fans my ass.

Dont get me wrong my man.

Gta will always be number 1, gta will rule no mather what.
Gta will always be in my heart inlove.gif , and there is no way that a thing like no planes will get me off the gta path.

But Im just saying that I'm dissapointed that there will be no planes, because it was an aspect of the game which I really loved.
And I am just saying that the reasons which are said why there are no planes also make no sense.

But dont sweat it, gta thug 4 life babeyyy wink.gif

Himuro
  • Himuro

Waka Gashira Blowout!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

That's cool, but people act like planes are the only fun thing in GTA. They could easily replace it when something just as fun people!

BoneZ.NY
  • BoneZ.NY

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (Bret_HartvsSting @ Apr 10 2007, 16:25)
Okay, I have decided to change my original post into a more relaxed and less presumptious form. The bad quality audio of the telephone conversation should hardly be taken as fact. However there is the very real possibility that aeroplanes may actually NOT be present as vehicles in GTA 4. Discuss.

Personally there is nothing that I would loathe more, that the idea of Rockstar actually taking away or moving backwards with something which has been proven to work.

how that hell are you 99% sure if there are still 6 months left before release?
just becuase LC is a new york look alike dont mean there cant be planes. Look at san andreas its based on LA and other cities i dont see why we can fly planes there and not fly in NY. Just couz 9/11 took place in NY dont mean we cant fly planes in a game becuase its ONLY A GAME.

some people just dont get it like Jack Thompson.

tiedie
  • tiedie

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:17 PM

there are no planes in new york at all people, how does this matter?

i might play the game but i doubt ill buy it unless i find out this 1 city is pretty big

BoneZ.NY
  • BoneZ.NY

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

QUOTE (tiedie @ Apr 10 2007, 21:17)
there are no planes in new york at all people, how does this matter?

i might play the game but i doubt ill buy it unless i find out this 1 city is pretty big

you have to proof and its not confirmed so shutup! and stop waisting your life

Jimpy
  • Jimpy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

What about helicopters? nervous.gif

Yasian
  • Yasian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:33 PM

I'm 99% certain that Planes will feature. For a start doesn't it sound like a step back to not include planes? Any one who says 'But 9/11!' is realisticly an idiot. Sure, people like JT can b*tch and moan, but it's a stupid argument, so a couple of idiots try to re-enact it? Does that affect anyone? It shouldn't. Yes, it was a tragedy and yes, it is sick to try to re-enact it, but that shouldn't mean that planes should be entirely removed from the game. Why? Because it makes no sense.

Secondly, just because no planes have been seen or mentioned doesn't mean they're not there. Do you know what that says to me? R* has something kick*ss up its sleeve that it doesn't wan't to give away yet.

So yeah, I think planes will be in GTA IV

rahkstar2.gif

Daddy Cool
  • Daddy Cool

Terrorist

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

95% chance that planes will be featured
100% chance that helicopters will be featured

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users