643 replies to this topic
1Nightmare1
  • 1Nightmare1

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (draard @ Sep 27 2007, 10:48)
QUOTE (ceedot @ Sep 27 2007, 15:44)
They removed planes because of one resason. September 11.
New York and its history with planes?
Sadistic people will just get the game and tape themselfs flying into building, and showing it on YouTube (sick f*ucks)
Helicopters are awsome anyway. Planes in a huge city with buildins everywhere doesn't work, and there will be no where to land.

so you'll complain about ppl flying planes into buildings? the game is based around sadistic things. shooting. stabbing. blowing sh*t up. u wouldn't complain about that?

not trying to give u sh*t dude, just doesn't make any sense.

That's not the real reason, or at least not what Dan said. They removed it because its one city and one airport, flying a plane in that situation would be unrealistic. Although I'm sure 9/11 is can be another good reason. Because politicians would be all over GTA IV.

draard
  • draard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:25 AM

QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 28 2007, 01:25)
[QUOTE=K^2,Sep 26 2007, 21:04] [QUOTE=1Nightmare1,Sep 26 2007, 21:50] We can still have fun with Helicopters, plus one city and airport isn't the only reasons why there aren't any planes in my guess, I think Rockstar also wanted to avoid from politicians and Jack Thompson to jump on their back because people might use the planes to ran it into sky scrapers 9/11 style. [/QUOTE]

i'm getting tired of ppl saying that the reason for no planes is because we'll use them to fly them into buildings.
so what. it's a videogame. why don't ppl give flight simulator sh*t then. i remember playing that game and having the ability to crash planes into buildings. that has nothing to do with why they aren't in the game. do u really think rock* is afraid of what ppl r gonna say because they put planes in their game. this game is based around pure violence. "omg, if i wanted i could totally fly this plane into a building. that's horrible"

srry about the rant. basically f*ck JT and all the other pricks that make it difficult to fully enjoy a game for what it is.
art

1Nightmare1
  • 1Nightmare1

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:34 AM

[QUOTE=draard,Sep 27 2007, 21:25] [QUOTE=1Nightmare1,Sep 28 2007, 01:25] [QUOTE=K^2,Sep 26 2007, 21:04] [QUOTE=1Nightmare1,Sep 26 2007, 21:50] We can still have fun with Helicopters, plus one city and airport isn't the only reasons why there aren't any planes in my guess, I think Rockstar also wanted to avoid from politicians and Jack Thompson to jump on their back because people might use the planes to ran it into sky scrapers 9/11 style. [/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]
i'm getting tired of ppl saying that the reason for no planes is because we'll use them to fly them into buildings.
so what. it's a videogame. why don't ppl give flight simulator sh*t then. i remember playing that game and having the ability to crash planes into buildings. that has nothing to do with why they aren't in the game. do u really think rock* is afraid of what ppl r gonna say because they put planes in their game. this game is based around pure violence. "omg, if i wanted i could totally fly this plane into a building. that's horrible"

srry about the rant. basically f*ck JT and all the other pricks that make it difficult to fully enjoy a game for what it is.
art [/QUOTE]

Does flight simulator has a replica of NY? I actually do think that Rockstar would be afraid to put planes because of that reason, because Rockstar already made allot of trouble with Hot Coffee and Manhunt, you want them to take it to a next level? I would assume they want to void less lawsuits as possible and keep that snake Jack Thompson shut. It takes logic to understand this, and its not that hard to find it. I'm not saying thats the main reason they cut the planes, but it could be one of them.

draard
  • draard

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:40 AM

QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 28 2007, 02:34)
[color=red]Does flight simulator has a replica of NY?

yes, yes it does

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
  • Best Poster [Programming] 2015
    Most Knowledgeable [Web Development/Programming] 2013
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA Series] 2011
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 27 2007, 21:25)
I don't understand what are you talking about? I didn't bring up anything about Helicopters being unrealistic, and do you have a more legit proof that they aren't going to be realistic? Helicopters should be good enough for us, just suck it up.

1) The helicopters not being realistic is my argument against helicopters being as fun as airplanes. Maybe to you, but not to a lot of people. GTA's planes fly the way they supposed to, minus a few parameters. Helicopters don't. At all.

2) Have you ever flown a helicopter in a good simulation, at least? Try taking one up in Microsoft's Flight Simulator. I bet, most people here would be able to keep it in the air for even less time than they managed with III's Dodo. There is absolutely no way that R* would go realistic with helicopters. I would really like it if they did, but no way.

3) If you think helicopters are enough, I'm happy for you. For me, I would be satisfied with a Dodo thrown in. Would it really bother you if R* put a Dodo in LC's airport? Do you think it would bother anyone? So what exactly is the reason for not including it?

1Nightmare1
  • 1Nightmare1

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Sep 27 2007, 21:59)
QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 27 2007, 21:25)
I don't understand what are you talking about? I didn't bring up anything about Helicopters being unrealistic, and do you have a more legit proof that they aren't going to be realistic? Helicopters should be good enough for us, just suck it up.

1) The helicopters not being realistic is my argument against helicopters being as fun as airplanes. Maybe to you, but not to a lot of people. GTA's planes fly the way they supposed to, minus a few parameters. Helicopters don't. At all.

2) Have you ever flown a helicopter in a good simulation, at least? Try taking one up in Microsoft's Flight Simulator. I bet, most people here would be able to keep it in the air for even less time than they managed with III's Dodo. There is absolutely no way that R* would go realistic with helicopters. I would really like it if they did, but no way.

3) If you think helicopters are enough, I'm happy for you. For me, I would be satisfied with a Dodo thrown in. Would it really bother you if R* put a Dodo in LC's airport? Do you think it would bother anyone? So what exactly is the reason for not including it?

I still don't understand about the first part, was the replica of Black Hawk in the 2nd trailer flying unrealistically? Or you can predict future and tell that Rockstar is too weak to make choppers realistic!? You played GTA IV? I think we should trust Rockstar on what they are doing. You should be happy that we're at least get to keep helicopters, you should take what you get, instead of playing SR1 with no helicopters or bikes at all nor boats.

EasyTiger
  • EasyTiger

Break 'yo self!

• Members

Posted 28 September 2007 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (gr-2007 @ Sep 27 2007, 16:10)
that will really piss me off if there ent no planes in gta4 cuz i was expecting something like a boeing A380

a boeing a380 doesnt exsist. the a part in a380 means airbus.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 28 2007, 16:03)
I still don't understand about the first part, was the replica of Black Hawk in the 2nd trailer flying unrealistically? Or you can predict future and tell that Rockstar is too weak to make choppers realistic!? You played GTA IV? I think we should trust Rockstar on what they are doing. You should be happy that we're at least get to keep helicopters, you should take what you get, instead of playing SR1 with no helicopters or bikes at all nor boats.

*sigh*

The way that its flight looks from outside might very well be realistic. Controls are not going to be. It is a 100% certainty. If they make controls realistic, maybe 5% of players out there would be able to learn how to fly it. Flying a helicopter is not easy. It is not like flying a plane at all. Seriously, try flying a helicopter in MS Flight Simulator. You'll know right away why the helis in IV cannot be realistic.

1Nightmare1
  • 1Nightmare1

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 September 2007 - 02:55 AM

QUOTE (K^2 @ Sep 29 2007, 15:39)
QUOTE (1Nightmare1 @ Sep 28 2007, 16:03)

*sigh*

The way that its flight looks from outside might very well be realistic. Controls are not going to be. It is a 100% certainty. If they make controls realistic, maybe 5% of players out there would be able to learn how to fly it. Flying a helicopter is not easy. It is not like flying a plane at all. Seriously, try flying a helicopter in MS Flight Simulator. You'll know right away why the helis in IV cannot be realistic.

Well of course, in flight simulator you have special controllers that fit the real piloting, with GTA, the most common device is controller, so their goal is to make it realistic as possible on the controller, but that isn't that much different from operating a car or a jet plane in a video game, you don't drive your car with a thumb stick. I might have misunderstood you, but I never seen the helicopter take off in GTA IV trailer, I saw them airborn, and they looked as realistic as possible.

K^2
  • K^2

Vidi Vici Veni

• United-States
    Best Debater 2010

Posted 30 September 2007 - 07:53 AM

You are missing the entire concept. Even with the keyboard controlls the flight simulator's helicopter is more realistic than GTA's.

With GTA's helicopter, if you let go of all controlls, helicopter centers itself, and softly hovers to the ground. In a real helicopter, even if you center all controlls the helicopter may be way out of balance. You have to dynamically keep the helicopter balanced by adjusting controlls. To compare, balancing a GTA's helicopter is like trying to center a marble in a bowl. It pretty much does that by itself. A real helicopter is like trying to balance a broom that is standing on your forehead. No matter what controlls R* actually uses, it is going to be an entirely different experience. And if R* tries to go realistic, most people just wouldn't be able to fly it. So there is no way that R* will make helicopters realistic. None.

baldaust
  • baldaust

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:48 AM

okay you f*cking idiots who gives a sh*t about how the controls work on the damn helicopter. and whoever the hell said something about hiijacking planes wouldnt be realistic, yur a damn bitch and id love to smack the sh*t out of you then rail your mother, have you ever seen a rocket fly by your head...f*ck YOU.. oh and by the way i hope someone responds to this ......why would this game ....
1.have no military
2.have no planes
3.make the motorcycles slower than a wheelchair
4.have the whole damn map be a repedative city (BORING)
5.have a variety of 3 boats
6.make the game load horribly because when you drive fast sh*t pops up out of no where cuz it doesnt load up unti lyour in front of it
7.have no customizations on cars
8.why the f*ck does nikos cell phone go off every 5 seconds, i cant even play the game
9.why wold they honestly get rid of the parachute that was the funnest thing jumping off buildings
10.and the bikes that sh*t was fun

i hate this f*cking game im going to play san andreas

your all noobs
orly.gif

wumingboi
  • wumingboi

Snitch

• Members

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:58 AM

Shut the fck up, nobody cares whether you play gta sa a not.

Fnorg
  • Fnorg

OG

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 19 May 2008 - 07:00 AM

QUOTE (baldaust @ May 18 2008, 21:48)
BULLCRAP GOES HERE

Why the f*ck did you bump this?

GTA3Freak-2001
  • GTA3Freak-2001

Run out of Cake.