No planes in GTA4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
643 replies to this topic
Chizeh
  • Chizeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

How ironic.. People base their opinion about the game if they've only saw a couple screens and a preview of the game. An early preview to be exact. Please, 11 year old whiny bitches, die! die.gif viddy_pirate.gif

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (Gman91 @ Apr 11 2007, 03:01)
But please, any of you, give me one plausable reason as to why planes should be included.

Ummmm because they were thoroughly enjoyable, and I like shooting missiles and machine gun bullets into people from the sky and doing any of the thousands of different things you could do in a helicopter or aeroplane. Or perhaps skydive!!!!

Are planes the sole feature that carried the series?

Absolutely not. But one would generally think that these type of extra vehicle types and variety added to what was Vice City and GTA III biggrin.gif

spdrman8
  • spdrman8

Peon

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:08 PM Edited by spdrman8, 10 April 2007 - 05:16 PM.

srry post this wrong spot...

Funkeh Munkeh
  • Funkeh Munkeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

Planes are some of the best things in GTA, and if she's completely right, LC is bigger than SA, so ar ewe going to have to frive for an hour to get through it. Although I may be complaining, it is still going to be the best game of the next generation, unless another one is released.

I don't get why being able to fly a plane into a building in a NYC like place, especially when the towers aren't there (probably), is any worse than being able to kill thousands of people and destroy cars. SA gives you a gangster rating which is partially based on how many innocent civilians you can kill, why is one so much worse than the other?

Funkeh Munkeh
  • Funkeh Munkeh

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

Sorry about double post

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

QUOTE (Bret_HartvsSting @ Apr 10 2007, 12:07)

Are planes the sole feature that carried the series?

Absolutely not. But one would generally think that these type of extra vehicle types and variety added to what was Vice City and GTA III biggrin.gif

Understood.

@2nd response:

If you count the Dodo as a plane. tounge.gif

I'm sure helicopters will be included. Plus, this game has only been revealed to us about 5%. I'm sure there's still much more information to be fed to us.

freego
  • freego

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:13 PM

It doesn't make sense that they would get cold feet now about flying planes into buildings. You could fly the jumbo jet into skyscrapers in SA and nobody ever complained about that.

The-Exploited
  • The-Exploited

Dosser

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:15 PM

I don't know where you got the idea of no bikes in GTAIV.
I am dissapointed at the fact that there won't be any planes though, i'm still going to buy it, and i'll still think it's great, but it would have been better if they kept planes. I hope this is the only stuff that GTAIV will be missing, otherwise it would be a feeling of playing GTAIII on a new city with better graphics but just with cars. This won't happen i don't think...
They will most likely include bikes.

Toejam765
  • Toejam765

WiseGuy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:23 PM

Really, what difference does it make to the game if there is no planes?
I can sort of understand why people would be pissed off if there were no planes in San Andreas, it's a big f*cking place and there is room to fly around but in a small city there is no need to have a plane where the f*ck are you gonna fly to?
Also in GTA 3 the only plane was the DoDo (it was a bit of a piss poor excuse for a plane but thats what it was so we shall call it a plane.) How many people actually picked up the game day in day out just to go fly that around the city? If you did I suggest you go back to it and start noticing the wonders of driving around the city, you missed a whole lot of the game. Finally, if your so desperate to fly planes about go by MS Flight Sim...

http://www.amazon.co...76225516&sr=8-1

Only $59.99 from the wonders over at Amazon.com, you can even by some pedals and a yoke so you can actually feel like your flying a real plane. biggrin.gif

Have fun playing Flight Sim whilst everyone else is having fun with IV.

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

If you didn't have fun using the aeroplanes and motorbikes in GTA then you hardly enjoyed the game to it's maximum potential.

The-Exploited
  • The-Exploited

Dosser

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:27 PM

I'm not sure if it's true, but in the magazine it says that in comparison to San Andreas, Liberty City would be BIG. So you would have places to go to on a plane. Just because you think they're irrelevant to the purpose of the game, it doesn't mean it's stupid to care about planes not being included, everyone has their own points of view.

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:31 PM

Hearsay as far as I'm concerned. Though I also heard from my friend's haircutter's roommate, who heard from his friend's friend that a bank teller he knew read that you can fly space shuttles in GTA IV.

Azazel
  • Azazel

• None
  • Topic of the Year 2012 "GTA V Vehicle Database"
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:34 PM

Stop thinking of GTAIV as San Andreas with no planes, that's immensely stupid.

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:36 PM Edited by Ramzy, 10 April 2007 - 05:42 PM.

God... Please say it isn't so...

Each and every single GTA was a continuation of the last. Each GTA would carry on the features of the PREVIOUS title while adding extra improvements, vehicles, and general content.

Why are we taking a step BACKWARDS?

krs.one
  • krs.one

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Ramzy @ Apr 10 2007, 17:36)

Each and every single GTA was a continuation of the next. Each GTA would carry on the features of the PREVIOUS title while adding extra improvements, vehicles, and general content.

Good question... I really hope this guy and his girlfriend are just making a joke and laughing their asses off as we speak.

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:42 PM

QUOTE (krs.one @ Apr 10 2007, 19:38)

Each and every single GTA was a continuation of the next. Each GTA would carry on the features of the PREVIOUS title while adding extra improvements, vehicles, and general content.

Good question... I really hope this guy and his girlfriend are just making a joke and laughing their asses off as we speak.

Which does, even though I hope the same as you, sound very unlikely and ridiculous.

xrk
  • xrk

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:43 PM

Each and every single GTA was a continuation of the last. Each GTA would carry on the features of the PREVIOUS title while adding extra improvements, vehicles, and general content.

Huh... Do you mean from gta3?
that's not every gta is it.

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:46 PM Edited by Ramzy, 10 April 2007 - 05:50 PM.

QUOTE (krs.one @ Apr 10 2007, 17:38)

Yeah, seriously, i don't know why.

I mean, take a look at VC and SA. The difference between the two was phenomenal. R* took a whole bunch of quirks and issues that we didn't really complain about, and they FIXED them.

That's the way R* have always worked. Each GTA title has just been a much more refined version of the engine with a new storyline.

Alright, i'll attempt to be reasonable. R* wants to remove the planes since it's only one city. Fine... They can do what they like.

But why would they remove the motorbikes? Those things were awesome. The absolute quickest way to zip through a traffic jam and in between traffic. Also an excellent way of earning insane stunt bonuses. Where the hell is the issue exactly?

Is it because it seems too fake for a Russian mobster to flying through the air at 400KMPh and stacking up insane stunt bonuses or something?

It really confuses me why R* would ever consider removing content ...

Ramzy
  • Ramzy

Trick

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (xrk @ Apr 10 2007, 17:43)

Huh... Do you mean from gta3?
that's not every gta is it.

What in the world are you talking about?

GTA1 > GTA 2 (better graphics, more story) > GTA 3 (Full 3d) > GTA VC (Motorbikes, fully functioning dodo plane, etc) > SA (Jets, swimming, car modding, customizable clothing, etc).

Each GTA carried on the features of the previous title, updated certain aspects, and added more content. That's how every single GTA has been.

xerxes_
  • xerxes_

i do diz 4 d lulz

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:52 PM

This is starting to piss me off, just please STOP POSTING CRAP and wait for the SCANS, then its EASIER to SEE and UNDERSTAND and YOU WON'T MISS HEAR ANYTHING, alright, THANK YOU, gee! angry.gif

Nick Papagiorgio
  • Nick Papagiorgio

• BUSTED!

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:53 PM

They never removed motorbikes. For the last time.
You heard wrong.

EDIT: Read here--> Link

Himuro
  • Himuro

Waka Gashira Blowout!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 05:56 PM Edited by Himuro, 10 April 2007 - 06:08 PM.

QUOTE (nlitement @ Apr 10 2007, 16:32)
RIP, Rockstar North as we knew you as of the GTA 3 continuum. GTA IV is not GTA, and is certainly not going to bear the name of the GTA I've loved for me personally. f*ck you, f*ck you and your LC, and your f*cking lack of planes. /emo

I hope your idiocy makes you strangle yourself in the dark tonight.

masser120
  • masser120

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:01 PM

Excuse me, but...

HOW THE HELL CAN THEY LEAVE FLYING OUT?

What the heck is spinning in their minds, ever since GTA III you can fly an airplane. Even though GTA3 and Vice City were only 1 city, you were still able to fly (even though the Dodo wasn't very handy with that, you WERE able to). It just doesn't make sence. Not only they leave out the idea of freedom in open space, like a whole state, now the also exclude flying? Hell, it sucks!

TheCollector
  • TheCollector

Thug

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:03 PM

QUOTE (Himuro @ Apr 10 2007, 17:56)
QUOTE (nlitement @ Apr 10 2007, 16:32)
RIP, Rockstar North as we knew you as of the GTA 3 continuum. GTA IV is not GTA, and is certainly not going to bear the name of the GTA I've loved for me personally. f*ck you, f*ck you and your LC, and your f*cking lack of planes. /emo

I hope your idiocy makes yourself strangle yourself in the dark tonight.

My thoughts exactly.

xunholyknightx
  • xunholyknightx

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:10 PM Edited by xunholyknightx, 10 April 2007 - 06:12 PM.

hmm

GTA Thug 4 Life
  • GTA Thug 4 Life

Hating Player

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:13 PM Edited by GTA Thug 4 Life, 10 April 2007 - 06:57 PM.

Ok I always supported R*, and I knew they would never let me down.
But nowww, removing flying.
Like wtfff

That means also no more skydiving which was very cool.
I mean if having planes is such a prob in Ny, then dont make the game in f*cking NY.
Nobody even wanted NY ffs.

Then ok they dont want planes because its 1 city.
Ok I'm assuming its gonna be like the size SA,but gta 3 which was alot smaller and vc which was also alot smaller had planes.
And now this because of it beeing 1 city no planes, cmonnn man.

And then they want to add the realism so they dont want a old russian guy going 100000 miles on a bike, because he would have a heartattack or soemthing.

Ok to begin with, since when did gta care a rats ass about realism.
Then secondly if they really care about realism, then dont make the f*cking guy old for f*ck sake.
omg I will always have hope in R*, but now the sky is becoming cloudy.

But yeah what do we know, we havent read the scans yet, so who knows what good news it will bring

Himuro
  • Himuro

Waka Gashira Blowout!

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (xunholyknightx @ Apr 10 2007, 18:10)
hmm

Are you stupid? He's talking about the guy who posts here who's girlfriend has the magazine, made cell phone pics and emailed them to him, as well as made a cell phone call and transcribed the basic information from the mag.

It's in the official news forum.

Furthermore, the first trailer of GTASA DID have planes.

You can't trick me with your crappy stealth edit.

atomic skip
  • atomic skip

It keeps on skipping

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:17 PM Edited by atomic skip, 10 April 2007 - 06:21 PM.

You guys do realize how hard it would be to render planes with the new graphics? I mean yea the game consoles are good but not that good. They could barely pull it off in San Andreas, trees and buildings would just pop up out of no where while you were flying.

EDIT: Also their is only one city in the game. The whole point in the last game for planes were to help you get from city to city faster.

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:20 PM

I agree, if people are going to have problems with destroying stuff in a New York style city, and as a result this means the removal of something like aeroplanes, then DON'T MAKE THE GAME IN NEW YORK. It's been done to death anyway.

Toejam765
  • Toejam765

WiseGuy

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:27 PM

Woah guys, if the game is going to be set in the city do you think they will be getting rid of the tractors aswell? mad.gif

Anyway, although its not a dead cert you could always wait 4/5 years for GTA IV San Andreas, imagine that. Planes and everything. tounge.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users