Photo

Best features from GTA ripoffs

90 replies to this topic
Surfin' Dude
  • Surfin' Dude

Wiseguy.

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:13 AM

well I loved those ragdoll physics (SR) which I am sure will be featured in IV but way better, The Godfather wasn't imo a ripoff but they could use it's aiming system (you could aim to a specific person and then choose manually in which part you wanted to shoot: head, shoulder, balls/nuts,knee etc.) it was the best I've seen inlove.gif also from The Godfather they should use the hand-to-hand combat system inlove.gif and the extortion thing, from Driver Parallel Lines they should use the customization (cars) and shooting-from-the-car system in which you could use almost any firearm and shoot it from the comfort of your seat cool.gif you should be able to steal safes (The Godfather, SR) and bank heists, and strangling someone with a string from behind (The Godfather) hope my suggestions were useful. as you can see I'm also a big Godfather fan biggrin.gif

snrub2593
  • snrub2593

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 05:29)
Okay, most of us have played GTA rip offs. Some are good, and some suck, but most of them have some good ideas that were not incorporated into GTA games. Well, IMO R* has a fundamental right, and perhaps obligation to "steal back." What are the best features from other games that should be added to GTA IV?

One game that ripped of GTA big time, and shamelessly, was Saint's Row. It's a good game, but the degree of unoriginality of this game is truly staggering. Anyhow, I would love to see a few things from SR brought to the GTA series:

- "Ragdoll" physics. When I blow a guy away with a shotgun I love how he falls back. Also, when people are hit with cars, they flip around... very cool feature.

- Left trigger pistol whipping/rifle butting. I love pistol whipping with a handgun. That sick metalic *crunch* sound makes me giddy. I also derive a lot of satisfaction knocking a guy down to the ground with butt end of my shotgun before giving him a Dick Cheney moneyshot (shotgun blast to the face).

- Chop shop and hitman activities for money. There is a lot of room for improvement here from SR.

Other ideas from GTA ripoff games? What features should GTA IV incorporate?

omfg omfg all of the rip offs sucked!!!! the only good thing would be better car explosions, and on saints row you were in a street gang and you could be white how lame is that ahahahah and the white people acted black

Palpo
  • Palpo

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:32 AM

The ability to interact with all the pedestrians, like in Scarface

defibrillator
  • defibrillator

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:51 AM

I want extortion from the godfather

weasel666
  • weasel666

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

I would like to see much more interaction with the peds on the streets. it also would be nice to be able to buy cars like in true crime: NY and in the trunk of these cars you could store wapons and other stuff like in true crime and scarface.

frankie123
  • frankie123

Snitch

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:02 PM

STEAK lol but seriously the best thing i saw was in scarface, and that was insta car, i loved just being able to call a car in and BAM. i know this inst going to happen, but stickign with this idea, what about being able to call a taxi driver from romans to deliver your ride to certain spots? like ten different spots per burrough or something

rasomaso
  • rasomaso

...when you die you're just getting rid of that old body.

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 08:46 PM Edited by rasomaso, 21 July 2007 - 08:52 PM.

I'd like to see there something similar to a factions mood in mercenaries. That would work well with gangs. Imagine you get some gang pissed on you, but they always shoot at you when you're in their teritorry and you would like to sort that out by pissing the other gang, which you don't mind to be pissed on you - like you usualy kill them in second or just don't like or don't like their area or whatever. So you would help the gang number one during some gang shootout and it would improve their mood towards you, so they would shoot at you no longer. You could actualy play with gangs like a cat with mouse.

entrepreneur
  • entrepreneur

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

QUOTE (CurrentlyCarrotfoot @ Apr 9 2007, 12:03)
I've always loved the Film Director in Driver games. Didn't they cut it from Driver 4 though? Never played it.

Anyway, it'd be nearly impossible to implement, but it would be brilliant to make a reply of your chases with police, topped off with shoot-outs, etc.

Brilliant. But like I said, it'd be hard to add without taking away from the GTA feel.

Actually, thats a great idea.
You've got a mobile phone, remember? And according to quite a few magazines, you will have the cam on it.
Maybe you will actually have a video cam, on which you can record! Makes sense, doesn't it?
Then you can save it, blablabla, just like a normal phone.

What do you think? blush.gif

The Yokel
  • The Yokel

True Gentleman

• The Yardies
  • Jamaica
  • Yardie Achievement Award

Posted 21 July 2007 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (entrepreneur @ Jul 21 2007, 23:10)
You've got a mobile phone, remember? And according to quite a few magazines, you will have the cam on it.
Maybe you will actually have a video cam, on which you can record! Makes sense, doesn't it?
Then you can save it, blablabla, just like a normal phone.

What do you think? blush.gif

I support your idea. Remove the blush smile.gif

Monster 21 Faces
  • Monster 21 Faces

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:08 PM

I think the thing I loved the most about SR over GTA was the aiming system. I always had problems with shooting on the PS2, hence why most of my GTA time came from the PC versions, but the system SR implemented was great fun.

Monster w21 Faces
  • Monster w21 Faces

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:19 PM

And too late I realize I registered with the wrong name. D'oh.

Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake
  • Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake

• Members

Posted 21 July 2007 - 11:27 PM Edited by Don Garcia aka NjNakedSnake, 14 March 2013 - 05:50 AM.

404: Post not found

GreekPimpn101
  • GreekPimpn101

$GP$

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:01 AM

i think they should use tha st. row's drug use in GTA4

ceedot
  • ceedot

Zeestar.

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:05 AM

WTF. THEY USED ALL THE IDEA'S IN THIS THREAD...
Rockstar are watching us...
If you havn't seen this thread, look at the beginning.

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Old school

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:04 AM

It is eerie knowing R* have used most of the ideas in this thread, that was posted back in April.

Maybe they are watching us, or maybe just a coincidence?

rrool
  • rrool

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:23 PM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Apr 9 2007, 05:43)
QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 05:29)

- "Ragdoll" physics. When I blow a guy away with a shotgun I love how he falls back. Also, when people are hit with cars, they flip around... very cool feature.

If it uses Euphoric I would never want to see rag doll again.

me tooo!!!!!i hate sooooo much ragdoll euphoria RULEZZZ!!!

Panksta
  • Panksta

Jane n Finch

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:54 PM

man that director editor from driv3r would be amazing... i remember i hated playing driv3r but i only played it so i can replay it like a movie and make it look cool....they should really use that system but better. and save the videos just like how halo 3 does...BAM that would be sick

turnip_head
  • turnip_head

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:24 PM

Yea i loved going around in saints row and pistol whipping anyone who bumped into me cool.gif

that and ragdoll effects would be nice to see in gta

rmmstnr
  • rmmstnr

Prankster

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

1. Replays! Directable replays! - Driver series
2. Better explosions - Mercenaries: Playground Of Distruction (havn't played the new one)
3. A diguise system using vehicles - Mercenaries
4. Cars that deform - Burnout (yeah, it's not a GTA clone, but it would be so cool!)
5. Drug selling - Scarface

j0rkeh
  • j0rkeh

myg0t

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:48 PM

STOP WITH THE RAGDOLL EUPHORIA IS WAY BETTER THAN GAY ASS RAGDOLL PHISICS

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:53 PM

The rip-off: GUN
The feature: Scalping
How can we implement it into GTAIV: In one mission. On once occasion. You must scalp another criminal and deliver the body part to his boss as a warning. Have it in the game too much and Thompson and his misguided groupies will be baying for Rockstar's blood. But do it once and it will be a nice addition to the game. As long as it isn't cleaned up. Scalping must be a really messy affair. Let's see some gore.

The Night Fox
  • The Night Fox

I can resist everything but temptation

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:55 PM

Everything, GTA Clones suck! devil.gif

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 17 December 2007 - 04:56 PM

QUOTE (The Night Fox @ Dec 17 2007, 16:55)
Everything, GTA Clones suck! devil.gif

Not true. Destroy All Humans! had a good script. It was rather funny in places. So that's something I suppose.

rap1800
  • rap1800

Asshole

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:22 PM

People need to stop asking for drug use like in SR. I think that is the gayest feature of all. If ya want to do drugs do them in real life. Any way my feature has already been confirmed> the duck and cover system like in gears of war.

FallenSegal
  • FallenSegal

Video Game Fanboy

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (illspirit @ Apr 9 2007, 05:54)
And, yes, I know Bully and Crackdown aren't ripoffs since the teams are or used to be connected to R*. But they're all sandbox-y, so, err, yea.

How is Crackdown connected to R*? And I say "just let me play the game!"

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE (FallenSegal @ Dec 17 2007, 18:36)
QUOTE (illspirit @ Apr 9 2007, 05:54)
And, yes, I know Bully and Crackdown aren't ripoffs since the teams are or used to be connected to R*. But they're all sandbox-y, so, err, yea.

How is Crackdown connected to R*? And I say "just let me play the game!"

the person who is head of realtime world is one of the original people who divised the GTA franchise and used to work for rockstar, so it is connected in a way

Kalasinn
  • Kalasinn

Zomb Thatch™

• Zaibatsu

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:12 PM Edited by Kalasinn, 18 December 2007 - 08:21 PM.

(Some aren't ripoffs)

Gears of War:
Stamping on peoples heads
Active Reload
Chainsawing (obviously not a chainsaw on a gun, but the same actions and reactions for chainsawing)

Call of Duty 4:
Guns and attachments
Roping down from helicopters

Stranglehold:
Destructible environment

Saints Row:
Mobile phone
Car customization (but more advanced)
Drugs (but let you sell them to other people)
GPS

The Godfather:
Execution moves
Protection money
Bribing cops in an area

Crackdown:
Multiplayer

Just Cause:
Parachuting and free falling

Assassins Creed:
Climbing (but for way less buildings)

BigRome
  • BigRome

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Knife @ Apr 9 2007, 08:49)
I like the way things are shown the HUD in saints row as it marks out the route for you and you don't end up going down the wrong road.

Yea SR did have a great hud. They also I had a few cool car mods I liked. The knock off lambo was the best car by far.

jjcoolj91
  • jjcoolj91

"Snipin's a good job mate...Challenging Work."

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:11 AM

Narc:
Selling drugs to bystanders and doing them affecting how you play such as you od and addicted to the drug you were doing

Vive La France
  • Vive La France

On my own mission, I fight like a man.

• Members

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:13 AM

QUOTE (Xcommunicated @ Apr 9 2007, 05:39)
QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 00:29)
- Left trigger pistol whipping/rifle butting. I love pistol whipping with a handgun. That sick metalic *crunch* sound makes me giddy. I also derive a lot of satisfaction knocking a guy down to the ground with butt end of my shotgun before giving him a Dick Cheney moneyshot (shotgun blast to the face). 

I suppose they ripped that off The Getaway. But yeah, I'd like to pistol whip people in GTA, although brass knuckles kinda do the same thing already.

But we don't have the crunch noise...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users