Best features from GTA ripoffs

90 replies to this topic
Gregatron
  • Gregatron

Founder: GTAF Lolcat Mafia

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (soleil @ Apr 9 2007, 16:10)
re: Pistol whipping. Don't yoiu pistol whip in SA? When you point a duel-wielding-capable gun (your skills don't have to be high enough able to duel wield it) at a ped and stand right next to them and press the "fire" button, CJ hits them with the bottom of the handle.

I guess what I meant was that I would like to be able to do it on command.

nixion
  • nixion

Zaibatsu Crew Leader

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:17 PM

QUOTE (ExtermelySmartMan @ Apr 9 2007, 15:24)
Web shooting from Spiderman 2.

LMFAO

- Blood splatters like in The Getaway
- take people hostage, drag bodys(hiding them from cops/enemies) from The Getaway
- Fighting like in Saints Row
- Ragdoll physics like in Saints Row

RoadRender
  • RoadRender

Dusano Godfather

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 05:29)
- "Ragdoll" physics. When I blow a guy away with a shotgun I love how he falls back. Also, when people are hit with cars, they flip around... very cool feature.

They are using Euphoria now. No need for pathetic ragdoll effects. Euphoria is so amazing. biggrin.gif

soleil
  • soleil

Yes, I play video games.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 16:15)
QUOTE (soleil @ Apr 9 2007, 16:10)
re: Pistol whipping.  Don't yoiu pistol whip in SA?  When you point a duel-wielding-capable gun (your skills don't have to be high enough able to duel wield it) at a ped and stand right next to them and press the "fire" button, CJ hits them with the bottom of the handle.

I guess what I meant was that I would like to be able to do it on command.

Yeah that'd be cool. So basically if you're standing right next to them, you should have an option to pistol whip versus shooting them, instead of automatically pistol whipping them. And also you were mentioning that (with weapons you can't duel wield with I assume) you should be able to swing the gun around and hit them with the stock (old term I know, but I don't know much about guns to know what the modern version is called) of the gun. Yeah that'd be cool.

TDP992
  • TDP992

weed purple like a lakers away jersey

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:39 PM

You should be able to have a fully customizable person like in Saint's Row

BlackMamba47
  • BlackMamba47

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:44 PM

-The limping from the Getaway (but not leaning against a damn wall to heal gunshot wounds)

-The gang territory takebacks from Saints Row

-The car custimization from Saints Row

-The gun locker from Scarface and TC:NYC

-The call driver ability from Scarface

-The drug running from Scarface

-Having your gun will attract the cops from Scarface

-Targeting different body parts will effect enemies from The Getaway and MGS:2 (sorry, I had to mention MGS:2 here)

Thats all I can think of here

Skatan
  • Skatan

frat.

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:51 PM

there was a little detail in SR that i loved. When a car was listening to a radio and then they got out and left the door open you could still hear the radio, but it was muffled and lower volume. Really great though.

BrummieSteven
  • BrummieSteven

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:57 PM

I'd like a phone like in saints row.

It would be hillarious phoning Petsovernight.com and ordering some pets sarcasm.gif

New B
  • New B

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:34 PM

the drugs and alcohol in saints row was nice. fully customizeable character that was hot but i dont think gta4 is gonna do that. i also liked how you could rob stores and also how you could buy jewelry like earrings. but the phone was the best part, also how you could just call up a friend and they come.

the reviving homies was a good idea, but if it were to be done in gta4 they'd have to change it up heavily cuz grand theft auto is more about realism than saint's row.

BrummieSteven
  • BrummieSteven

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:45 PM

QUOTE (New B @ Apr 9 2007, 20:34)
the drugs and alcohol in saints row was nice. fully customizeable character that was hot but i dont think gta4 is gonna do that. i also liked how you could rob stores and also how you could buy jewelry like earrings. but the phone was the best part, also how you could just call up a friend and they come.

the reviving homies was a good idea, but if it were to be done in gta4 they'd have to change it up heavily cuz grand theft auto is more about realism than saint's row.

I think a customisable charecter would ruin the story.

Mokiesmoky
  • Mokiesmoky

Finally Famous

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:54 PM

Need for Speed's GPS system and Bully's fighting system.

Ben Fleming
  • Ben Fleming

Liberty City Lord

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

QUOTE (BrummieSteven @ Apr 9 2007, 21:45)
QUOTE (New B @ Apr 9 2007, 20:34)
the drugs and alcohol in saints row was nice.  fully customizeable character that was hot but i dont think gta4 is gonna do that.  i also liked how you could rob stores and also how you could buy jewelry like earrings.  but the phone was the best part, also how you could just call up a friend and they come. 

I think a customisable charecter would ruin the story.

I don't think so.

If they did the "fully customizable character" in the same way as MobFace in The Godfather, it would work out. Though you had nearly endless options for customizing your gangster, it still looked at least vaguely like the same person. The character still looked italian, and not totally out of his element.

Because honestly, if we had a Russian character who looked like CJ, something would definately be wrong.

But done correctly, complete customization would work.

The Phone feature in Saint's Row was an excellent idea. Especially because if you dialled 911 an ambulance would (eventually) show up and you could get them to heal you.

I also believe that over time your character's health would return (in SR), and that would be a good feature. If they did something like MGS3 where it would only regenerate to a certain amount (if you took too much damage too quickly) it would add another notch of realism. The breaking limbs thing was pretty rad, too.

Finally, to top off my rant, it isn't a GTA ripoff but if they had the nearly total-destructability of Flatout 2, it would be freaking amazing.

Zacb08
  • Zacb08

Wii Play. 360

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:51 PM

Ok I have Saints Row and its good, but it's more like a filler until IV comes out but it had some good things in it!

Saints Row:
1. Shooting/melee!
2. Customization!
3. Cell phones!
4. Some Mission Types

Other suggestions:
1. Mostly everything is climbable!
2. Cops/Ambulances/FireTrucks respond to everything not just you.
3. More interation with 18wheelers/cars/boats!

MadKilla
  • MadKilla

Strikly' Buzinez'

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

In scarface we can 'taunt' at people and this gives us very few points. I think this feature should be added but we don't get any money or whatsoever. Just for pleasure, we taunt at people.

GrimmReaper
  • GrimmReaper

The Harvester of Souls

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:17 AM

More interaction with NPC's a la Fable. The ability to use emotes like in Fable that will affect people around you. The ability to talk to people even if it is just in text.

More in-depth combat system like in Bully. Running moves, grappling moves, different strikes with different effects such as sweeps and uppercuts.

More stealth attacks/kills like in Manhunt. Also the ability to use people as human shields or interrogate them like in MGS3:Snake Eater.

More realistic and impressive car crashes with realistic damage a la Burnout.

Euphoria, Euphoria, Euphoria! (Indiana Jones)

geomy
  • geomy

• Zaibatsu
  • None

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

I want an ambiance as powerful as DOOM. I truly felt like I was witnessing Hell on Earth...I want to witness Liberty City.
The environment, sounds, paranoia...It was so beautifully eerie it was hard not to get spooked now and then.
Liberty City should be just as stimulating, just as dominating.
I should be able to smell the grit and taste the air.

GycuBrun
  • GycuBrun

Jeapany

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:36 PM

I want similar "stuff" from the ones of the original games:

Crazy Stunts like in Just Cause
Fighting like in Fahrenheit ( Indigo Profecy)
Driving like in True Crime NYC or Godfather
Bullet-time like in MaxPayne
GPS like in NFS Carbon
Police Car Chases like in NFS Most Wanted
MobilePhones like in Saints Row
Gas like in Mafia
Aiming like in The Godfather
Vehicle Damage like in Saints Row/The Driv3r...

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:49 PM

buying things for your house from scarface smile.gif

F*CKING HOFF-STYLE
  • F*CKING HOFF-STYLE

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

i'd like to see the hitman moves from The Godfather game added in, they where sick die.gif

Billy.The.Mountain
  • Billy.The.Mountain

Slimey

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:48 AM

QUOTE (Wikipedia)
The limbs will still sit on the ground bleeding and the player can pick them up and use them as weapons, with blood still spouting out the top. The player can also completely decapitate people and use their skull as a weapon, or slice the top half of their head off and visibly see the brain inside. Also the player can zoom with his/her shotgun and literally blow someone's head into pieces. Even the eyes are visible.

I havent played True Crime : NYC , but this sounds pretty funny and fun.. I want in on GTA.

nosferatu5
  • nosferatu5

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:11 PM

I want choking morons from Godfather,
NFS's Customization system,
Slo-mo from Max Payne and VC.
And maybe even something from CoC:Dark Corners of earth.
And atmosphere of VC.

NewYorkMantle
  • NewYorkMantle

native.

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:40 PM

i like saints row's weapon selector. hold down a button to activate a menu in the corner and use the joystick to choose which weapon to use. - i've also seen the ps3 version of the godfather take this (or vice versa if it was in the ps2 version first)

user posted image

...i pretty much like everything else about saints row's hud, especially the wanted/gang progress meter.

user posted image

BlackMamba47
  • BlackMamba47

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 01:45 PM

A few things

-The weapon system from Scarface: The World is Yours

-The ability to store weapons in car trunks from TC:NYC

-The ability to purchase cars from TC:NYX (One of the things I always hated is that you could be extremely rich but you still stole cars like a petty stree thug, unclassy IMHO)

-Ability to keep your purchased weapons stored at a storehouses from various games (Hitman, TC:NYC, Scarface, etc.)

-Saints Row aiming system with the option for a lock-on system

-Better physics engine that regular ragdoll (namely Euphoria)

-Ability to call friends for help like in Saints Row (practically confirmed by GI and OPM)

Grom~Hellsing
  • Grom~Hellsing

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 03 May 2007 - 11:25 PM

QUOTE (Trideez @ Apr 9 2007, 07:56)
In Saint's Row you can smoke weed and drink alcohol. I've always wanted to see that in GTA. Also from SR, if a car has a passenger in it, and you hop in and steal it, you can press the Y button to start the Hostage Mission. You basically drive around with the terrified person until they give you their money. The store robberies are OK, they don't give you enough money though and it's always the same amount. I wanted character creation, but I think it's safe to say that isn't happening. A better fighting system, SR's is better than GTA's. A much larger selection of guns. Oh, and the "hitman" activity from SR was pretty tight too.

Didnt surprise my me when i looked at your avatar biggrin.gif

NIKO2007
  • NIKO2007

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:38 AM

QUOTE (Ronmar The Only @ Apr 9 2007, 05:43)
QUOTE (Gregatron @ Apr 9 2007, 05:29)

- "Ragdoll" physics. When I blow a guy away with a shotgun I love how he falls back. Also, when people are hit with cars, they flip around... very cool feature.

If it uses Euphoric I would never want to see rag doll again.

I agree,euphoria is much better.It's like next-gen ragdoll physics with extreamly smart A.I. icon14.gif

NIKO2007
  • NIKO2007

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE (Billy.The.Mountain @ May 3 2007, 11:48)
QUOTE (Wikipedia)
The limbs will still sit on the ground bleeding and the player can pick them up and use them as weapons, with blood still spouting out the top. The player can also completely decapitate people and use their skull as a weapon, or slice the top half of their head off and visibly see the brain inside. Also the player can zoom with his/her shotgun and literally blow someone's head into pieces. Even the eyes are visible.

I havent played True Crime : NYC , but this sounds pretty funny and fun.. I want in on GTA.

Me too,like the part were you could open trunks and take weapons out of them.

NIKO2007
  • NIKO2007

Snitch

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 12:49 AM

This wasn't a gta rip off but I would like to see STUNTMAN'S driving physics in gta 4.

elias2k2
  • elias2k2

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

Gta is perfect itself.

BlOoDStReAm101
  • BlOoDStReAm101

I am the night

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:23 AM

Buying furniture: Scarface.

When you get burned, you actually tap your clothing to take it off: Saint's Row.

Rag Doll Physics: Euphoria.

Cell Phone Feature: Saint's Row.

Hostage: Getaway.

And more. Isn't this similar to the wishlist topic?

Gregatron
  • Gregatron

Founder: GTAF Lolcat Mafia

• Members

Posted 04 May 2007 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (BlOoDStReAm101 @ May 4 2007, 01:23)
Isn't this similar to the wishlist topic?

Yeah it is similar, but I thought it was different enough to warrant it's own thread. Oh well smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users