Photo

Plane Crash

29 replies to this topic
roryrc
  • roryrc

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:33 AM

Right ok one thing i must praise GTA:SA for was the random plane crashes that happened anywhere i remember when visiting LV for the first time when a helicopter landing right in front of my and blowing up the complete street. Ithought it was the apocalypse! devil.gif . And once after finishing the game i went to SF and when into the victim came out to see a Rustler flying straight into the wall across the street killing tons of peds.
That is one of the simple reason why i love GTA. The ability to scare and thrill me at the same time! muppetmaster_karma.gif

shitt
  • shitt

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 11:47 AM

ok...........
it's just planes spawning in areas where there's lots of buildings, eg downtown. they just fly straight into them. not meant to be realistic, more of a coinsidence, if you ask me.

tacojoe
  • tacojoe

Mother ucker

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 12:26 PM

Thoes planes killd me many times.

GLPman
  • GLPman

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:33 PM

The worst is when you're SO CLOSE to completing a really tough mission and can see the plane just coming straight for you and then BAM! suicidal.gif

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

I must be the only person who hasn't seen this, closest i've came is when i was at the top of the mountain specifically waiting for a crash to happen, best i got was one of those twin prop jobbies clipping the mountain and carrying on with smoke coming out... bah!

In Vice City though, i'd see crashes all the time. I installed a mod to put the WTC into Vice City and planes kept crashing into that (deliberate?). One also spontanously exploded over the mansion gardens once, the banner falls down into the ground and becomes a line, as if it's going into a black hole XD. I went and stood tommy inside the line

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

Rockstar screwed up when they made the paths for the planes, that's why we get all this silly crashing of planes.

monkeyman237
  • monkeyman237

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:23 PM

I see plane crashes all the time, must be weird for the people who haven't seen any at all. I've seen Rustlers, Cropdusters, Beagles, and once I think I saw an AT-400 crash! I don't know whether it was or not, it was hard to see.

DEATH OF THE SKY
  • DEATH OF THE SKY

blackmamba47

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:37 PM

happens all the time to me. hey does any one know how to get the profile pic up and running cause i got the url but on forums my pic dont show?

Tiagoerg
  • Tiagoerg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

i like that plane crashes but....
someday i was trying to perform a jump with a enourmous ramp near the damn with a small house and a big ramp that cross all the river if suceed near of "il Castillo del diablo" and when i was right on the beggining of the jump a cropduster smash me and trow me with them to the f*cking river... angry.gif

well after that ive drown CJ...

but i love that plane crashes! especialy in mount chilliad when they go and it in rocks and start rolling making a crazy downhill....HAHA REVENGE!

Tiagoerg
  • Tiagoerg

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:10 PM

someday i was trying to perform a jump with a enourmous ramp near the damn with a small house and a big ramp that cross all the river if suceed near of "il Castillo del diablo" and when i was right on the beggining of the jump a cropduster smash me and trow me with them to the f*cking river... angry.gif

but i love that plane crashes! especialy in mount chilliad when they go and it in rocks and start rolling making a crazy downhill....HAHA REVENGE! die.gif anuj_cop.gif

Shutttlecock?
  • Shutttlecock?

Ho' Fa' Sho'

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (Tiagoerg @ Apr 9 2007, 15:10)

but i love that plane crashes! especialy in mount chilliad when they go and it in rocks and start rolling making a crazy downhill....HAHA REVENGE! die.gif anuj_cop.gif

hey buddy try not to double post just becuase you left out some smilies. theres an edit button.

anyway. i always see it when im at the top of mt chiliad.
and when a plane crashes up there it becomes non-solid so you can walk through it.

GIGABOWSER7
  • GIGABOWSER7

Player Hater

• Awaiting Authorisation

Posted 09 April 2007 - 10:13 PM

I love them. They're accidents, but they're accidents that should stay.

nickytate
  • nickytate

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 02:18 AM

k wtf i was doin that fukin hard quarry mission and while i was in the cran loading up the cop a fukin rustler ran right into the crane but it didnt get damaged cool.gif

oipolloi
  • oipolloi

I say XD too much, just ignore it

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 03:06 PM

I thought i was gonna see my first crash yesterday... one of the twin-prop planes going over the forest right in front of me, with two trees perfectly placed... but the wings went straight through the trees and it carried on!

Zeekard
  • Zeekard

I'm cool homie... ain't I?

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 06:00 PM

yeah, these crashes are awesome... just little hardcore devil.gif

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:28 PM

I've only experianced one crash on the PC version. I was testing my A-10 mod and a beagle spawned right infront of me. I was goin full speed when the collision occoured...

On the PS2 version, I've even seen Andromedas eat Chiliad, You name it I've seen it hit the peak and come to a fiery stop at the bottom. I've also seen AT-400s bite it in the Los Santos skyscrapers while I'm BASE Jumping off of them. Emergency parachute deployment anyone?

torino
  • torino

gang-banging da streets

• Members

Posted 10 April 2007 - 11:06 PM

i cant stand it when the odd time your dam parachute wont open when you bail out of a plane

dansgas1000
  • dansgas1000

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 January 2012 - 03:27 PM Edited by lil weasel, 11 February 2012 - 06:11 PM.

<<< MERGED: 'new' topic into existing topic of same nature >>>

I have PS2 so i was flying too low and the trees were not loaded yet and suddenly my Shamal exploded smile.gif what is yours?

This is an Olde Game, many questions can be answered with the FORUM TOOL: SEARCH. Always SEARCH before making a new topic.

Sucha84
  • Sucha84

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 16 January 2012 - 05:38 AM

There is a random glitch that if CJ is near tall buildings (Specially in SF), sometimes a plane crashes and drop down near CJ. Sometimes if CJ is flying near Angel Pine and Dillimore, some trees may appear in very last second. However, Shamal is the best plane for me because of its high speed and even better handling ability.

twannie1997
  • twannie1997

Hustler

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 11 February 2012 - 06:03 PM

On SA-MP I spawned an Hydra while parachuting. The game puts me in the Hydra. I accidently crash and found out that I not died and when I left the wreck I was invisible. I think it was a client bug, but don't know if others could see it.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:02 PM Edited by Markwey, 11 February 2012 - 11:05 PM.

One time I saw a place crash to Las Venturas.
That was pretty damn weird thing to happen I thought :-P

ccrogers15
  • ccrogers15

REQUESTED BAN

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

Totally just happened. A stunt plane randomly exploded near me and killed me for no reason.

Username.gta
  • Username.gta

[Formerly Gary-X]

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 March 2012 - 05:14 PM

Plane Crashes seldom happen on my game, on my current save (No cheats), I have only seen one plane crash. (And one near-miss)

Crash: During the credits, a Rustler fell off the bridge during the Gant Bridge scene.
Near-Miss: I was on the LV Ring at the part where it meets the LS Freeway, and a Beagle appeared and nearly flew into a billboard, but it disappeared right before it did so. (The plane was in the centre of the Camera Angle, so it wasn't a case of distance)

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 17 March 2012 - 09:46 AM

You haven't played San Andreas until you've been hit by a Rustler in Bone County...

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 19 April 2012 - 07:16 PM

I haven't seen much plane crashes, but the best one I've seen is when a Rustler crashed about 30 yards away from me near the Alhambra club in Los Santos.

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 20 April 2012 - 04:02 AM

one day i play gta sa and plane just blow my pimped car and my game crashed and gives me BSOD i eas f**k u windows7

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Chad

Posted 20 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

love em so much i never land planes

ten-a-penny
  • ten-a-penny

Pardon my English

• Members
  • Libya

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (roryrc @ Saturday, Apr 7 2007, 11:33)
when into the victim came out to see a Rustler flying straight into the wall across the street killing tons of peds.

exactly the same that happened to me!!!only in rodeo,los santos

GTA Phreak
  • GTA Phreak

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:46 PM

It's a frequent occurrence.
My theory is that the plane spawn belongs to the area where the interior is located, but it can't spawn inside the shop so it spawns immediately after leaving.
If the area the interior exits to has tall buildings, then the disaster is almost inevitable.
Normally areas with tall buildings is no spawn zones for the Rustler/Beagle/Duster, so it will only happen when exiting an interior which is located in an area where the Rustler/Beagle/Duster normally spawns.

Kalev4ever
  • Kalev4ever

Peon

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 05:34 PM

Didn't anyone in the past ask people here for the places, where they saw the planes crash, so that a map would be done, where the "crash dots" would be marked, so to get a better view, where the crashes happen the most.

I believe that many (if not most) have done pictures of the planes that have crashed and thus we could also understand the places thanks to the pictures.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users