Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mapping Liberty City (Laying Out Liberty City)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,725 replies to this topic
Hayden Stasven
  • Hayden Stasven

Bill Watterson's Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:38 AM

Looking great guys. You sure are good at this. icon14.gif

vininfinite
  • vininfinite

NIR Cops & Robbers FTW!

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:40 AM

The R* team is probaly online now looking at all of the comments and theories people have made in the past few days. I wonder what they think about this.

v man
  • v man

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:53 AM

theyll probably include all 5 boroughs this time around

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:22 AM

For those of you who don't know, this is that building I was referring to with the green top. It can be seen at 18 seconds and 25 seconds. It's building number 6 on my map.

user posted image

GTAIVCORNERHUSTLER
  • GTAIVCORNERHUSTLER

Big Time Dope Dealer.

• BUSTED!

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:46 AM

Notice the building in front, is similar to the building in front of the real met life building.

Now I could be wrong but this is what GTA IV new map could look like.

user posted image

user posted image

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:13 AM

I noticed under the sign that says everything at a price

It says Bank of liberty Columbus av and Calcium st lol.

user posted image

Then I noticed below Liberty Tree it says Buy more stuff as you can. which means purchases will be an option ?

Last but not least notice to the right of the top hooker sign and you will see orange and blue the same color as the newyork knicks and it says on the game. Could this mean basketball is any option

The shark in the upper right corner could mean that Candy Suxxx possibly will make an appearance.

user posted image

Sabre_Turbo
  • Sabre_Turbo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:25 AM

Brilliant topic guys keep it up !!! icon14.gif

masser120
  • masser120

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (acmoore4 @ Mar 31 2007, 21:54)
user posted image

this photo is the key to discerning what direction streets in the trailer are pointing, notice the N,S,E,W pole on the pinnacle of the church.

That would mean the sun comes from the NORTH. confused.gif

Bret_HartvsSting
  • Bret_HartvsSting

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

Nah, it is actually to difficult for me to tell which way the sun is moving in this one because you have to take into consideration the shadow that is cast also by all the surrounding buildings, including those to the right, behind, and to the left of the camera position.

However, it does look as if the the sun is moving in a sideward direction, that is west to east or east to west, I guess the latter as that is how the sun moves.

steakncheese
  • steakncheese

supertramp

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:36 PM

What a great effort from new and old members coming together to figure this out as a team. Keep it up everyone, I'll watch the trailer carefully and see what I can add.

major underscore
  • major underscore

The GTAF Moralist

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:39 PM

This is a very interesting thread. Here are my two cents:

1) To add to Bret_HartvsSting's map, the trailer clip at 0:35-0:37 (the one with the Russian-sounding character) is facing east/southeast across the same bridge as the previous clip. (Notice for example the trees to the left of the previous clip and the ones in this clip; the X-shapes of the bridge pillars)

2) Trailer clip at 0:27 of a glass ceiling. Is that a known NY landmark? It looks like the ceiling of a train station.

3) I don't know if this has been brought up earlier, but one thing that I noticed from the trailer is that there is not any clip that is clearly showing what lies WEST of the main island/Manhattan. I think that this may be a major clue to there being something to the west that we shouldn't see at this point... smile.gif

BigTen
  • BigTen

Trick

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 04:50 PM Edited by BigTen, 01 April 2007 - 05:02 PM.

wow , nice job dudes catloaf_by_anuj.gif catloaf all around

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:02 PM

QUOTE (major underscore @ Apr 1 2007, 11:39)
2) Trailer clip at 0:27 of a glass ceiling. Is that a known NY landmark? It looks like the ceiling of a train station.

3) I don't know if this has been brought up earlier, but one thing that I noticed from the trailer is that there is not any clip that is clearly showing what lies WEST of the main island/Manhattan. I think that this may be a major clue to there being something to the west that we shouldn't see at this point... smile.gif

2)I thought it was the ceiling of Grand Central, but maybe not.

3)My thought was the old Liberty City from GTA3. Old LC kind of had a New Jersey'ish look to it. The only thing that really resembled NYC in it was Staunton Island.

SBizz6
  • SBizz6

old school

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 05:04 PM

Wow, great topic guys. Keep up the good work here. Some very good ideas and maps. Obviously we cant get it perfect with the amount of information and shots we have, but we can map out parts of it.
Very interesting stuff, keep it up smile.gif

mcstupidfun
  • mcstupidfun

D-Bomb

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:27 PM Edited by mcstupidfun, 01 April 2007 - 08:29 PM.

To help with the direction, the tower in times sqaure with all the ads is going north. It's face (what we see) is facing south. Central Park is a little above it when going north.
Notice every part of Manhattan shown in the trailer only covers midtown. I wonder how they potrayed the individual neighborhoods, the finacial discrict in lower manhattan, and everything else.

Johnny Burbank
  • Johnny Burbank

Hustler

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:48 PM Edited by Johnny Burbank, 01 April 2007 - 07:03 PM.

I was in NYC last spring and I took some photos. I'll post them in a minute once I load them to Photobucket. They could help out.

These were taken from a Ferry from NJ. I doubt they wil be of much help but you never know.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

nlitement
  • nlitement

Pare mou mia pipa

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (mcstupidfun @ Apr 1 2007, 20:27)
To help with the direction, the tower in times sqaure with all the ads faces north.  Central Park is a little above it.
Notice every part of Manhattan shown in the trailer only covers midtown. I wonder how they potrayed the individual  neighborhoods, the finacial discrict in lower manhattan, and everything else.

What about the one with the car driving by those apartment buildings? The Bronx/Brooklyn/Hell's Kitchen/Greenwich Village?

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:04 PM

nice job smile.gif

tmac9wr
  • tmac9wr

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

I think that the "Under Construction" building is actually 4 Times Square...in this picture it is the tower with the big spire/antennae and the giant LCD screen at the top....
user posted image

This could possibly mean that this entire strip of road is a Times Square type of area.

You can also see the Metlife/Getalife Tower on the far left.

acmoore4
  • acmoore4

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

well I think at the very lest we have established that the scale of what we've seen in the trailer
is not particularly vast, so that could leave quite a bit of city (or cities) yet to be revealed and not break the realm of plausibility for a one-disc game.

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:39 PM

Cookies for every one please share. cryani.gif cookie.gif

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

Incredible. R* managed to get my hyped up by showing just the area around "Times Square", just to think what the rest of the city has to offer.

Carlito_Brigante
  • Carlito_Brigante

Insurgent

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 07:52 PM

I'm gonna download the trailer and play it in slo-mo, so I can try to spot anything that'll help.

vcPINK
  • vcPINK

Like the Hat?

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:34 PM Edited by vcPINK, 01 April 2007 - 08:41 PM.

QUOTE (acmoore4 @ Mar 31 2007, 18:02)
notice the silver building near the center, the top is under construction, and the four corners are rounded off.

user posted image

That isn't under construction, that is the Conde Nast Building:
user posted image
it really looks like that and BTW that photo is facing east, that is the Chrysler Building in the background, and the Empire State Building on the right, so it is helpfull in giving scale, BTW that building appears several times in the trailer.

ALSO:
here is a panorama of NYC from the top of the EMPIRE STATE BUILDING, so this can help you determine some of the locations: http://upload.wikime...w-York-City.jpg

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 08:36 PM

breadfish_by_Moto.gif & catloaf_by_anuj.gif Im outta cookies sorry.

GangstaSamRule
  • GangstaSamRule

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

I had 2 thoughts when I first saw that Church. My first one was that it was the church on Staunton Island in GTA III.

My second was that it could be the church that is right next to Ground Zero. I went to NY last month and the churches look very similar. I think it was called Trinity Church. Correct me if I am wrong, it was one of my initial thoughts.

Helsinki
  • Helsinki

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

QUOTE (acmoore4 @ Mar 31 2007, 22:32)
two seperate sides of the buildind.

"Buildind"? Learn to spell, retard!

Just kidding... lol.gif Welcome, have a cookie.gif . Great work, new boy. And everyone else, too.

Here's a couple of comparison pics of the Condé Nast Building, aka Four Times Square. The GTA one is in the upper left corner, if you're unsure... wink.gif I think we have a match.

user posted image

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:38 PM

Thats serious.

Mokiesmoky
  • Mokiesmoky

Finally Famous

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 09:43 PM

This topic keeps gettin' better and better! Keep it up guys icon14.gif

IceCreamMan
  • IceCreamMan

Chicago

• Members

Posted 01 April 2007 - 11:31 PM

RON?!? Is this a type of name brand clothing in GTAIV maybe so. Notice the guy in the white t-shirt it says "Ron"

user posted image

Notice the building says "Ron" this could be a type of brand in GTAIV they already have Zip, Aris Running Shoes , BoBo The Ape etc.

user posted image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users