Quantcast

» «
Photo

Mapping Liberty City (Laying Out Liberty City)

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,725 replies to this topic
Mister V
  • Mister V

Farseer

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:59 AM

I'm sorry to go all obscene, but don't you think that Manhattan is the d*ck, Bohan is, well...what the name says, and Broker with Dukes are like testicles? rolleyes.gif

Though, if they make a map like a big d*ck, that would be a new level of R* humour...

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (Mister V @ Apr 15 2007, 09:59)
I'm sorry to go all obscene, but don't you think that Manhattan is the d*ck, Bohan is, well...what the name says, and Broker with Dukes are like testicles? rolleyes.gif

Though, if they make a map like a big d*ck, that would be a new level of R* humour...

your probably right... this is rockstar were talking about

Kmadian
  • Kmadian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:30 PM

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Here is a easy to use 3-d image of get a life, chrysler town, and grand central station, which is where that staind glass is.

Kmadian
  • Kmadian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:38 PM

alien.gif I have l noticed from comparison that the metlife building sits a little farther northwest int the game then in real life, the game looks like its missing a couple of the building. like the ccc building, but we still have aproximately 5 months of development in process.

Here is another great shot of the metlife building and chrysler tower

rampage_ani.gif

jnzooger
  • jnzooger

Just one of those days...

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:39 PM

QUOTE (vicecitymayor @ Apr 15 2007, 08:51)
My latest map contains central park, and dukes and boker have been pushed together. Please leave comments and suggestions

Latest - Version 3.1
http://img144.images...a4mapoq6.th.png

I don't like the road density there. That makes it look about the same size as Los Santos. So, maybe it needs to be 3x more dense.

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (OG-LOC R360 @ Apr 15 2007, 04:57)
QUOTE (vicecitymayor @ Apr 14 2007, 20:12)
My latest map uses the San Andreas map for roads, it looks a lot better I think. Feel free to edit, and please comment

Latest - Version 3.0
user posted image

Version 2.1:
user posted image

Version 1.1
user posted image

If my theory on how every GTA game goes clockwise and west, and your map are correct, here's the places that will be unlocked in order:

1. Bohan, unlocked from beginning
2. Dukes
3. Broker
4. Algonquin
5. Alderny

Wrong. Roman, your only friend, who is the reason you go to LC, lives in Broker. That means that Broker will be the first place you'll visit in the storyline. Very likely at least.

@ vicecitymayor: The new SA style map is nice but seems a bit small. Since LC is onlyu going to be a little smaller than SA, I think each borough will be the size of LS or bigger.

Kmadian
  • Kmadian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:51 PM

New york is a dense place, I'm just curious how they are going to model traffic, last night i viewed, I forget who it was but some jackass said there would only be 25 types of cars, and I found that to be bullsh*t. Just thinking about it not only do you have civilian vehichles you have trucks, cop cars, swat trucks, ambulances, fire trucks, sports cars, beater types, semi's,box trucks, low ryders, big foot, and lots more, so for them to step sown would be a great loss. then he was saying that they are limited to a disk, yeah a blue ray disk, which double layered can hold 50 gigs.

Kmadian
  • Kmadian

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 01:54 PM

I think that with the power of the playstation 3 and xbox 360 they can do alot more and hold a lot more, so I think that everything will be at least twice the size of SA.

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (Kmadian @ Apr 15 2007, 15:51)
New york is a dense place, I'm just curious how they are going to model traffic, last night i viewed, I forget who it was but some jackass said there would only be 25 types of cars, and I found that to be bullsh*t. Just thinking about it not only do you have civilian vehichles you have trucks, cop cars, swat trucks, ambulances, fire trucks, sports cars, beater types, semi's,box trucks, low ryders, big foot, and lots more, so for them to step sown would be a great loss. then he was saying that they are limited to a disk, yeah a blue ray disk, which double layered can hold 50 gigs.

If it just 25 cars, then we have almost seen all of them already! happy.gif

It gotta be more. tounge.gif

Oh, and there's an edit button, you know wink.gif

Mafia Righthand_Man
  • Mafia Righthand_Man

Shuffle off.

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 02:07 PM

That map looks pretty good, but like everyone has said, the streets should be more dense, and there should be avenues running up and down Algonquin.

Don't take it personally. I'm just giving you advice on how to make the map look excellent.

SI MoViE StAr
  • SI MoViE StAr

Rat

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 03:30 PM Edited by SI MoViE StAr, 15 April 2007 - 03:48 PM.

I somehow think there may actually be a small countryside in GTA IV. Here's the connection....we've all seen the "GetALife" (MetLife) building in the trailer. That building stands tall in reality above Grand Central Terminal. Grand Central Terminal is a major commuter rail and subway hub for NYC, with commuter trains that firstly head to the Bronx (Bohan), and then continuing on to either Upstate NY or Connecticut. We've all also seen the Upstate sign in LCS as well so there might, just might that slight possibility.

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:40 PM

Version 3.2- more dense
user posted image

swimfreak430
  • swimfreak430

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:47 PM

looks decent but you should alter the shape a little
I bet because of rahkstar2.gif comedy Algoquin will be shaped like a penis and bohan shaped like balls because Bohan means "The area between the penis and scrotum"

jorim
  • jorim

Sweet

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

i'm not saying you didn't do a good job vcmayor, but tbh the map looks a bit boring, only roads and some green, but ofc the real map will be nicer tounge.gif

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:03 PM

QUOTE (jorim @ Apr 15 2007, 19:53)
i'm not saying you didn't do a good job vcmayor, but tbh the map looks a bit boring, only roads and some green, but ofc the real map will be nicer tounge.gif

yeh, i know its far from rahkstar2.gif standard, infact im not even trying to produce a gta4 map as such. Im puerly seeing what the land area provided buy the users on here would look like filled with roads

vininfinite
  • vininfinite

NIR Cops & Robbers FTW!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:08 PM Edited by vininfinite, 15 April 2007 - 08:58 PM.

I like how the airport is croped right out of San Andreas.

vininfinite
  • vininfinite

NIR Cops & Robbers FTW!

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 08:58 PM Edited by vininfinite, 15 April 2007 - 09:07 PM.

Made a nice big map for ya to work with. biggrin.gif

user posted image

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (vininfinite @ Apr 15 2007, 21:08)
I like how the airport is croped right out of San Andreas.

its all out of san andreas genius. It looks better that wat, than it does trawing lines on MS paint

QUOTE (vininfinite @ Apr 15 2007, 21:58)
Made a nice big map for ya to work with.  biggrin.gif

user posted image

you filled the other one in green.... your going to go a long way in life

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 12:53 PM

double post, sorry

Forelli_Boy
  • Forelli_Boy

Your chance to repent on the way downstairs.

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:01 PM

I seriously doubt they'll make the roads that...linear. It'd be more fitting for them to try following the natural lines of the roads already in NYC. And did they say there'd be countryside...It'd be cool to go on a roadtrip across (Sch)long Island, lawl.

The Wanderer
  • The Wanderer

Wheres he gone?

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:33 PM

I think that both Broker and Dukes (unless they are seperate) will be available from the start and that the other islands will be accessible sooner, though you will be required to return more frequently to the original destinations than before.

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 01:57 PM

I see there's some confusion about the right spelling of "Alderny." It's actually Alderney. tounge.gif

vicecitymayor
  • vicecitymayor

AKA dombrfc

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE (Forelli_Boy @ Apr 16 2007, 14:01)
I seriously doubt they'll make the roads that...linear. It'd be more fitting for them to try following the natural lines of the roads already in NYC. And did they say there'd be countryside...It'd be cool to go on a roadtrip across (Sch)long Island, lawl.

i've said this about 5 times, i'll say it once more just for you.

I'm not trying to make the gta4 map. Me and some other users worked on map showing purely the land area, now i'm filling it with roads just to see what it looks like.

This is as far as i'm going anyway with the map.

BoneZ.NY
  • BoneZ.NY

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:53 PM

QUOTE (vicecitymayor @ Apr 15 2007, 18:40)
Version 3.2- more dense
user posted image

your map is good but i think its too plain and the streets are just vertical and horizontal lines which doesnt really resemble NYC. Also you need more space to work with the map you have is way too small so your work will always lack something try using a bigger map and make the some streets curved it will give it the real feel.

Nirvana 4 Life
  • Nirvana 4 Life

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:58 AM

QUOTE (BoneZ.NY @ Apr 16 2007, 20:53)
QUOTE (vicecitymayor @ Apr 15 2007, 18:40)
Version 3.2- more dense
user posted image

your map is good but i think its too plain and the streets are just vertical and horizontal lines which doesnt really resemble NYC. Also you need more space to work with the map you have is way too small so your work will always lack something try using a bigger map and make the some streets curved it will give it the real feel.

Thats because he just used areas from GTA SA cities. Maybe if he was trying he could make a complex city in ms paint.

Mute Giant
  • Mute Giant

Thug

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:15 PM

I was just thinking, if there really aren't any aircrafts in this game, they can use mountains and such to make the city borders. It doen't have to be one huge island in the middle of nowhere....

Nem_Wan
  • Nem_Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:25 PM

QUOTE (Mute Giant @ Apr 17 2007, 07:15)
I was just thinking, if there really aren't any aircrafts in this game, they can use mountains and such to make the city borders. It doen't have to be one huge island in the middle of nowhere....

They only said no planes, so there are probably still helicopters. Ocean, even if it doesn't make sense, feels more natural than an invisible wall or ceiling.

LividSteve
  • LividSteve

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 12:58 PM

QUOTE (SI MoViE StAr @ Apr 15 2007, 15:30)
I somehow think there may actually be a small countryside in GTA IV. Here's the connection....we've all seen the "GetALife" (MetLife) building in the trailer. That building stands tall in reality above Grand Central Terminal. Grand Central Terminal is a major commuter rail and subway hub for NYC, with commuter trains that firstly head to the Bronx (Bohan), and then continuing on to either Upstate NY or Connecticut. We've all also seen the Upstate sign in LCS as well so there might, just might that slight possibility.

I think it's been confirmed that there will only be the five boroughs. Representing Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, Manhattan and Jersey.

I think it's very unlikely that they would bother adding some countryside on the side of the map since many people would probably think it's unneccesary and a waste of disk space.

Not me though, I love countryside.

germinals
  • germinals

your mum has better online play.

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 01:10 PM

how isnt this topic a sticky??? that steak topic made sticky and this is still floating - what a joke.

I call for this to be pinned. devil.gif

Snipe19
  • Snipe19

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

user posted image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users