would you kill a digital child?

596 replies to this topic
Rashon.
  • Rashon.

What Comes Around Goes Around

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:26 PM

Something tells me I'd try hard not to kill any children but another thing tells me that I should treat them like regular adult peds. I just might do that.

brummie89
  • brummie89

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:29 PM

Why is everyone being so bloody pathetic, oh no not a VIRTUAL immitation of a small human and youre all going on like hes gonna feel pain thats stupid, you get GTA you do everything that the game offers, fact befroe the next GTA you have all bust up some small people smile.gif

MadKilla
  • MadKilla

Strikly' Buzinez'

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (MasterK @ Mar 31 2007, 14:14)
Well look, i'd never kill a child.. But i think if they would be ingame, they would be unkillable. That can be done easily.. When u aim on a kid, it'll say "I never going to kill a small kid".
And when ur nearly got him ran over with a car, a cutscene could come up, where ur car is fastly braking and a character says something like "uhh, that was close"

Great!

genaga
  • genaga

Peon

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

i kill little screaming kids all the time on cod3 and gow, now i get to do it without the screaming and they look like kids smile.gif (if they have them) i personally would.

Digital_Utopia
  • Digital_Utopia

I mod stuff.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (rashon125 @ Mar 31 2007, 09:26)
Something tells me I'd try hard not to kill any children but another thing tells me that I should treat them like regular adult peds. I just might do that.

well hell, that's all I hear from kids anyway...that they want to be treated like adults...lol

Hope
  • Hope

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

I'd kill a digital child in an instant, wouldn't even think about it.

Ethicon
  • Ethicon

GTA 4 LIFE

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:50 PM

QUOTE (Digital_Utopia @ Mar 31 2007, 15:49)
QUOTE (rashon125 @ Mar 31 2007, 09:26)

well hell, that's all I hear from kids anyway...that they want to be treated like adults...lol

lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif lol.gif ...so true.

kidnap
  • kidnap

Cash Maki

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:51 PM

I think a poll should have been added.

I don't know why you'd have the need to kill virtual children,
or wish for them to be killable in videogames.

Personally, I think GTA would be lowering its standards if they
added children in the game, it's just not GTA.

There would be even more controversey and lawsuits branching
off from angry parents/jack thompson

It wouldn't be worth adding when there is no specific use for
it to begin with.

Ethicon
  • Ethicon

GTA 4 LIFE

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:53 PM

Just think stop by 8 balls bomb shop.......fix it up right...... find big group of annoying teeny pop kids..... well the rest is history folks biggrin.gif

RandyOrton2006
  • RandyOrton2006

The Legend Killer

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:54 PM

I could their just polygons...lol

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:31 PM

Why does it make a difference? Honestly?

ecwphan
  • ecwphan

gtaphan

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

i wouldn't want to kill a kid on purpose but if the kid gets into the way of my rocket...well bbq.gif

FreeForAll
  • FreeForAll

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:00 PM

Who cares? Kids are NOT going to be in GTAIV.

The thing that looked like a kid in the trailer (to the left of the main character) was only a round peg on a bench, just like the round pegs on the benches to the right of the character.

R* would basically be crucifying themselves if they ever put a kid in a GTA game. Never going to happen.

Arthazzz
  • Arthazzz

Homie

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:01 PM

kids are people too, so... YES

pimp_60cent
  • pimp_60cent

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

Maybe they could do something like they did with cops. Say you kill a kid you get a start or two. But personally that would get f*ckin annoying, so R* should just save the hassles of sues and JT, and just leave that children out.

Ethicon
  • Ethicon

GTA 4 LIFE

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:10 PM

I dont see what the big difference is in killing and adult compared to killing a kid in a game. Either way no one is getting hurt in reality. Games could be alot worse, I mean you could be killing children and eating them, and forcing them to eat their parents while you bang the hell out of them, then finish them off. Sounds messed up huh? Well why not. If its in a game, its not real. Not to say it couldnt happen it reality. And if you cant tell the difference between the real world and whats on a t.v. screen then u should see a doctor, or visit the padded fun house... its almost like people dont want to believe kids being murdered is a real thing, like "hey that doesnt happen, we dont want that thought in our heads, cause we might think that it really happens" blah blah blah

DigitallyInsane^
  • DigitallyInsane^

Simplicity Advanced.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Not if I could absolutely possibly avoid it, no. I'm not saying killing any human being or living thing is right either, however once in a game world, if you're not insane or a moron, you are transported, and you KNOW that you're playing a game. When the game is turned off, so does anything tied to it in terms of emotion, influences and social morality.

Starion
  • Starion

hmm..

• Andolini Mafia Family

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:14 PM

Hmph.. In star wars knights Of The Old republic you see kids.. But you cant kill them.

But thats a good thing, becuase no, I wouldnt.

murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:21 PM Edited by murka, 31 March 2007 - 05:24 PM.

There are children in the game, So why are you guys all saying they shouldn't put them in like they haven't already... In the trailer when you see the Character on the bench there is a child sitting next to a parent, unless thats a really short person... So I guess complainers and haters of the idea are just going to have to deal with it that children will be in the game, I doubt Rockstar would put up teasers of children running about and not letting you attack, After all GTA is all about the right to do whatever you want.

user posted image

Twang of Cauliflower
  • Twang of Cauliflower

!!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:28 PM

I don't think they should put kids in the game, that would surely be the death of the series.

But, if they did, I wouldn't kill them on a whim like I do to most people in the game, however, I won't go out of my way just to let one live. If they're in the way of my target, they're dead.

Jamming
  • Jamming

[AP] Assassins in Paradise [AP]

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:33 PM

Jack Thompson is going to have a busy year.

ecwphan
  • ecwphan

gtaphan

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

off topic how do all of you people notice all those small details in da trailer

tiedie
  • tiedie

Mark Chump

• Members

doubt it would be the death

but if there are kids in the game
sure....id kill a kid in the game, its a game, the kid isnt real

UnitedDestruction
  • UnitedDestruction

The Dude

• Members

Yes ok. Its just a f*cking video game, killing bits of code does not make us murderers. Anyone who has problems killing things in a video game should really get help, because they cant come to the realization that its just not real. Killing a kid in a game is going to make you just as crazy as killing a ped would, as in it wont.

But like everyone keeps saying, they probably wont include them. I mean yes, if you kill the kid, then that was your action, with your consequences, the same way people kill others in the real world. Of course this doesnt matter, people dont think that the real world should be put onto a video game. Either they just cant accept it or theyre too busy watching their reality TV shows. But i think that if they have kids that you can kill, they might need to raise the rating on the game. Only because I am 17, and i know there are a bunch of psychos around 10-14 who will likely think "Hey, gta lets me kill kids my age. Why not in real life huh?!". No offense to anyone that age on here, i didnt say all people that age were crazy, just some are very easily influenced.

dertyjerzian
  • dertyjerzian

I have a custom member title. I call it "Solid Snake"

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:42 PM

I'd blow their heads off. They are polygons. This goes in the "is hot coffee so bad?" Category. Like, it's a 3dmodel... Not a kid... even if it emulates a child... That child can still carry guns etc... cause it's a game...

But we probably won't ever see kids in GTA, kids aren't included in the things you do in GTA.

Basically, the kids are there, you just don't see them. What I mean by that is, take Carl for instance... The kids are in town, but MOST of the day when you play, they are in school (dont think I ever even saw a SCHOOL in GTAs besides the skills schools in SA), then for a few hours they are playing GTA in the XBox I steal at night in my boxville, which leads to the end of their day, sleeping, while I'm killing drug dealers for like 2 G's a pop. lol.

Really though, if you REALLY think about it:

GTA does NOT contain death at all. It contains cartoon charactors. You never ever get a message that says "you're dead". You merely get "wasted", or critically injured, and rushed to a hospital (in the time it takes to blink an eye [fade out/in lol])

You can throw a grenade at someone and "kill" them, but the paramedics come and magic-touch them, they are still alive...

There is no death in GTA, the only "real" deaths in GTA are those of Antagonists, and in movies, games, ~and real life~, antagonists should die with their eyes open, bleeding and crying. West side.

<3

murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

Apparently I must quote my last post since people are still talking as if children aren't included in GTA4...
There are children in the game, So why are you guys all saying they shouldn't put them in like they haven't already... In the trailer when you see the Character on the bench there is a child sitting next to a parent, unless thats a really short person... So I guess complainers and haters of the idea are just going to have to deal with it that children will be in the game, I doubt Rockstar would put up teasers of children running about and not letting you attack, After all GTA is all about the right to do whatever you want.
user posted image

victor-vance
  • victor-vance

The great raisin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

ah thats the screen shot i was looking for to prove tat there were kids but couldnt rember where i saw uit now i rember its on your shot by shot breakdown clever to notice that one

Twang of Cauliflower
  • Twang of Cauliflower

!!!!!

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:25 PM

That screenshot doesn't prove anything. How can you tell it's a kid? Because it says "kid's head" on it? No.

murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:44 PM

If you can't see the child sitting on the bench then you are blind my friend, That's either a child or a midget, And I gotta tell you I'm kinda leaning towards its a child...

Direct!
  • Direct!

joker, toker, midnight smoker

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

QUOTE (Choke-A-Bitch @ Mar 31 2007, 15:00)
f*ck no!!!
i would slap a bitch but i would never kill a child. not even virtualy!

Agreed. Killing a kid is just sick.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users