Photo

would you kill a digital child?

596 replies to this topic
murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

Omg, What I basically meant was Children & Adults die everyday, There isn't much a difference. I didn't say that murder was okay, You guys are trying to twist my words around, If you get caught killing anyone you go to jail no matter what, So if a murder said what I said it wouldn't make much difference they're still going to jail. Stop trying to twist words to make the other person seem like a horrible sick person, I don't get why you started talking about what I said 'n there are other people who said they'd kill children and animals too, But anyways the point is you know what I meant!

Anywayz, I think you're all a bit to sensitive towards a video game because like I said it's just a bunch of a pixels.

SomeWNB
  • SomeWNB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:26 PM

QUOTE (bored_killed @ Mar 31 2007, 14:16)
QUOTE (SomeWNB @ Mar 31 2007, 14:13)
QUOTE (bored_killed @ Mar 31 2007, 14:11)
Meh. Not a thing I'm hoping for in the game. I'd like to kill teenagers actually, but kids, naah.

Teenagers would be whole other thing. Can't stand them devil.gif Even though I'm still one myself for another year.

I'm 19 and still go to hs. I wish there are teenagers in the game to imagine they're the ones who give me a hard time. devil.gif

I'm 19 too, and that's pretty much what I would do too. devil.gif

But ah, whatever. Pretty sure there'll be just adults like in every other GTA game.

HERDIST
  • HERDIST

Brave New World

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

yes! I want to kill them!

bored_killed
  • bored_killed

Eurobeat yeah

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:27 PM

QUOTE (Co3y)
It wouldnt bother me. We have all killed women in GTA before so it would not bother me.
It would be offencive to discriminate based on gender or age, but when it comes to children the mere inclusion of them in an interactive rampaging game would be too sensitive. Best to forget about this and make it a non-issue.

Funk3h
  • Funk3h

LittleBigPlanet.

• BUSTED!

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

Its a game, its not real or anything.

So yes, wouldn't care. ITS A GAME NOT REALITY.

SomeWNB
  • SomeWNB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:28 PM

QUOTE (victor-vance @ Mar 31 2007, 14:25)
Exactly. Some of you seem to forget about those sick people who find it difficult to see difference between gaming and real life.

ah yes i forgot about the mentally boken ones in our society dam them but yeh i geuss rockstar would miss them out however take a close look in the scen wher you first meet the character in the trailer look in the background behind the staue and what do you see on the bench?

LOL I think he can do a little better then not buy it!
HAH biggrin.gif

What do you see then? tounge.gif Haven't watched those scands so closely yet.

Лёшенька
  • Лёшенька

KGB agent

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:29 PM

if they were as stupid as GTA3-series peds and they would jump under the car then yes, i would run them over. but if they will behave reasonably i wouldnt. i dont kill peds unless they attack me or behave stupidly... and also i would kill a child if he is in a gang and doing some dodgy bussiness under the cover of night ph34r.gif

kool_J_rap
  • kool_J_rap

hard as f*ck

• Members

I guarantee you guys that R* won't add child killing into this game that sh*t just wouldn't fly nowadays, their games already generate enough controversy. On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever played Fallout for the PC ? It came out back in '97, the only game I've ever played where you can kill children, with extreme violence I might add

Anabolic
  • Anabolic

Thug

• Members

QUOTE (epoxi @ Mar 31 2007, 16:10)
I don't think any of us would deliberately kill a child in GTAIV...must just be the way we're brought up.

You are wrong. I would kill a child in GTA IV with no problems. It's only a bunch of polygons/pixels and whatnot. You guys are silly.

SomeWNB
  • SomeWNB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

QUOTE (kool_J_rap @ Mar 31 2007, 14:29)
I guarantee you guys that R* won't add child killing into this game that sh*t just wouldn't fly nowadays, their games already generate enough controversy. On a completely unrelated note, has anyone ever played Fallout for the PC ? It came out back in '97, the only game I've ever played where you can kill children, with extreme violence I might add

You can kill children in Postal too. tounge.gif Even though the graphics are nothing like GTA.

RaQnaR0ck
  • RaQnaR0ck

Killer for Cookies!

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:32 PM

Actually in the storyline (once in a while i just shoot people but that is pretty rare) i don't even kill civillians. It's just the way i work. Not that i feel bad or anything, it's just a game. rahkstar2.gif

RalphWiggum
  • RalphWiggum

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (murka @ Mar 31 2007, 14:26)
Omg, What I basically meant was Children & Adults die everyday, There isn't much a difference. I didn't say that murder was okay, You guys are trying to twist my words around, If you get caught killing anyone you go to jail no matter what, So if a murder said what I said it wouldn't make much difference they're still going to jail. Stop trying to twist words to make the other person seem like a horrible sick person, I don't get why you started talking about what I said 'n there are other people who said they'd kill children and animals too, But anyways the point is you know what I meant!

Anywayz, I think you're all a bit to sensitive towards a video game because like I said it's just a bunch of a pixels.

Murka, seriously, I'm not trying to twist your words and I'm not looking to start a flame-war here. I understand what you meant, but I was just trying to illustrate the potential problems this sort of content may cause. As other people have said, lawyers like Jack Thompson would be all over this, and they could try to use examples (like the one i used before when quoting you) as leverage to boycott this game.

victor-vance
  • victor-vance

The great raisin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:33 PM

on the bench you can see a rather tall average lets say adult for argument and then beside him you see a sligtly shorter one that looks to be very child like although the shot is from behins and not took clear you can only see there profile so this could be two things they introduced different hieghts for the peds or theyve got kids in the game or it could be somthhing completely different i saw the screen shot on this forum so look around and youll fined it

victor-vance
  • victor-vance

The great raisin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:37 PM

jsut to say that games like postal and stuff taht let you kill kids was not as high profile as gta although it was extremely controversial and i know i started this thread but i strongly doubt rockstar would put kids in and just to clarify

NO)NE OF YOU GUYS ARE CHILD KILLERS OR MENTALLY INSAEN ITS A GAME
and sure some members of society dont understadn this but im pretty sure all of you ahve moral standards even if you wont admit it

jrt
  • jrt

Me Against The World

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:38 PM

To be honest, killing kids in the game would be no different to killing anyone else for me. I will mug kids like I would mug adults if I needed the money, I will run them down if they are in the way. I will snipe their legs off if I want to and I will stick satchel charges to them if I feel they can be made into a useful bomb. (Great tactic in the middle of a cop shootout; stick a satchel charge to a rampant ped and as they run away, detonate them as they pass cops)

victor-vance
  • victor-vance

The great raisin

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:39 PM

in retrospect this thread was a bad idea i got labled "plaer hater" hah

White Flight
  • White Flight

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:40 PM

I wouldn't kill them on purpose I think, I just want them for the sake of realism. But that probably means the end of GTA bored.gif

Ant Parker
  • Ant Parker

Ant Parker

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:42 PM

Deus ex has children in, I kill em so I can have the chocolate bars I gave them but the dont look real
but on GTA IV they would look realisitic so no

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:44 PM

QUOTE (jrt @ Mar 31 2007, 14:38)
To be honest, killing kids in the game would be no different to killing anyone else for me. I will mug kids like I would mug adults if I needed the money, I will run them down if they are in the way. I will snipe their legs off if I want to and I will stick satchel charges to them if I feel they can be made into a useful bomb. (Great tactic in the middle of a cop shootout; stick a satchel charge to a rampant ped and as they run away, detonate them as they pass cops)

Finally! Someone who sees it like that aswell

I don't care if peds (adults, children, women) are in the way or not; I'll kill them

I'd take a RPG to a group of kids, blow them to bits, run over, grab their chump change, move on.

Ryan_
  • Ryan_

Ryan_ aka 4:20

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:47 PM Edited by Ryan_, 31 March 2007 - 03:02 PM.

Yeah, i may kill the kid. But I really like the idea of insane wanted level if u do. I think all og gta's law enforcement need to step it up, i dont remember the last time they caused me real trouble.....

not my idea, came from a few posts up.

murka
  • murka

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:48 PM

I don't think tha graphics should have sh*t to do with the contents of the game, Just because it looks more real doesn't mean that you shouldn't be able to kill people or steal cars. As said before Children were in many other games where
they could get murdered by you, So it makes no sense why people would go after Rockstar and not the other game makers. cool.gif Rockstar needs some Hata Blockaz cool.gif

TonyZimmzy
  • TonyZimmzy

The Bearded Child

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Ryan_ @ Mar 31 2007, 14:47)
Yeah, i may kill the kid. But I really like the idea of insane wanted level if u do. I think all og gta's law enforcement need to step it up, i dont remember the last time they caused me real trouble.....

Actually that's a very good idea you have there

If you kill a kid in the game, everyone should chase after you and you should get like three stars instantly or something. This could also be annoying if it was by accient, though. Still, would be fun to beat a kid to death with a bat and have all the peds in the area charge at you, angrily.

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:01 PM

I have no problem killing kids, animals, old people, homosexuals, lawyers, presidents, whatever. I just don't want anything bad to happen to Rockstar as a consequence. GTA is a game. There is nothing immoral to it, think of the kid as a small adult, it's digital anyway it has no feelings.

SomeWNB
  • SomeWNB

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE (TonyZimmzy @ Mar 31 2007, 14:44)
QUOTE (jrt @ Mar 31 2007, 14:38)

Finally! Someone who sees it like that aswell

I don't care if peds (adults, children, women) are in the way or not; I'll kill them

I'd take a RPG to a group of kids, blow them to bits, run over, grab their chump change, move on.

Just a quick question for you ppl who would happily kill kids: Why do you all have to describe excatly how you would do it? mercie_blink.gif

Does it make you feel tough or somethin? It just seems a bit weird, that's all.

Severe
  • Severe

Hustler

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:04 PM

Would I kill a child, even if it was a video-game? No, I probably wouldn't, especially not just for the sake of it. I know it's just a game and all, but I suppose I'm a very soft guy.

Digital_Utopia
  • Digital_Utopia

I mod stuff.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

QUOTE (rebel_36 @ Mar 31 2007, 08:17)
most. retarded. topic. ever.

I dunno...that hip-hop thread was RIGHT UP THERE!

dirtycopVCPD
  • dirtycopVCPD

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (victor-vance @ Mar 31 2007, 13:59)
if tehy put kids in gta4 would you kill a digital child as it looked you in the eye with those computer rendered eyes of his?

personaly...yes ive been waiting for them to put kids in the game so i can finally get revenge on the little blighters that make my job that little bit harder...anyhoos

would you?

I wouldn't go out of my way to off a digital kid, but I can't say I'd lose any sleep if I did end up doing so.

Nem Wan
  • Nem Wan

The Artist Formerly Known As Magic_Al

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:10 PM Edited by Magic_Al, 31 March 2007 - 03:13 PM.

Deus Ex was modified Unreal engine and the characters were about as detailed as San Andreas characters. It was a great PC game, the greatest FPS/RPG hybrid, that got a bad case of consollitis in its sequel Invisible War, which felt relatively dumbed down and claustrophobic. The studio closed. You don't go out of business by being controversial, you go out by not meeting your goals. (People behind Deus Ex have regrouped in a new studio Junction Point but they have yet to release anything.)

Deus Ex was a very serious game set in a dark future of terrorism and conspiracies, where the player is given moral agency, and GTA is more action/crime/comedy where the player is supposed to have fun. I maintain that it's not fear that keeps children out of GTA, it's simply that the creators don't personally enjoy the idea of them being there. "Children in peril" in games has been done, however, and nothing would stop it from being done again.

And yes, I shot the kid in Deus Ex to see what would the game would do, and then I reloaded my earlier save and had him live in the save file that I completed the game with. Games have no consequences, life does. That's why there are games.

Nabbesnabb
  • Nabbesnabb

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (victor-vance @ Mar 31 2007, 14:06)
your forgeting all the lawyers that see it as teaching kids bad things i mean sure we all know there just looking to extort money from an easy target

truth be told i dont think they will involve children for the pure fact that youl get lwayers saying blah blah blah telling kids to kill each other

Kids below 18 years old arent supposed to play this game. I dont see any problem having animals or kids in the game. There's already old people in the other games who many kill. That's just as "cruel" to. In my opinion if you think killing digital animals or kids in a game is cruel, then killing any one is cruel. Even fat, gay, nazi racistic old perverts, or whatever you may dislike who listen to whatever kind of music you might hate would be cruel then.

I manage to see the difference between reality and a game. This game is for 18+ years old. Don't let anyone younger play it. At least not people below 16 imo. Older than 16 can work if they are pretty normal calm people. Showing this game to kids or other unstable people however is STUPID, and it's not Rockstar Games to blame if the kids become a killer because of the game, it's the one who let a kid play a 18+ game who should be blamed.

Those who think killing an unreal digital kid or animal in a game, if they are in GTA4, just... dont kill them. Easy...

And if you want to psyche yourself up to be able to kill them without starting to cry, take suicide or going on a rampage in real life - play Carmageddon. biggrin.gif

-/TNT\-
  • -/TNT\-

not like any other rainbow.

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 03:22 PM

I heard that you could kill children in Deus Ex. And from what you say nothing hapenned to the company because of it, no law suits, nothing. But GTA has been marked for it's controversial content and I'm sure hundreds of people are wishing away the time until the game is released and they can take shots at it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users