Photo

Crazy Starter Save

56 replies to this topic
teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 12:20 AM

I'm making a starter save for myself. My goal is to do everything that won't change the name of the first save, "In The Beginning." So I'll skip the races, but try to do all the real pain in the butt collection stuff.

Have you ever gotten your fat to increase by eating chilli dogs? The game doesn't count chilli dogs or Sprunk as meals. I've drank a lotta soda and eaten a lot of dogs, but my fat remains at zero.

I did find that after eating a chilli dog, you can drive up the road a bit -- until the name of the neighborhood changes -- then return and eat another. I used to think there was a one dog per day limit or something. You just have to get the neighborhood to reload.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 30 May 2007 - 05:55 AM Edited by OrionSR, 30 May 2007 - 06:02 PM.

Kickstart, Bloodbowl, and the Chillad Races don't change the name of the gamesave. The Chilliad races only provide an alternate set of trousers, but I appreciate having the Dune and Bloodring Banger unlocked. Both can be very useful when stranded with a random or damaged vehicle, or brought back to LS as part of your collection.

Although the snacks from the vendor booths do provide a little more health than the snacks from vending machines, I'm not convinced they provide any more fat. Neither item is listed in the data files with the various food stats. The problem is: it takes quite a few snacks of either type to notice any difference in fat. I would suggest a strategy that places CJ in front of a snack machine and then figure out how to hold the eat button/key while you go get yourself something to eat. If you've got a gamepad, you can try programming a temporary button to press but not release the eat button. Or you might try placing a small weight on your keyboard's eat key. Maybe configure num+ as an additional eat key. There doesn't seem to be any limit to the amount of vending snacks that CJ can eat at one time.

The big hits to CJ's fat usually comes from Taxi (mission can be started in restricted territory; pimping too) if you go for 50 in a row, sometimes Paramedic, and usually the Oyster collection. Otherwise it doesn't require too much effort to maintain CJ's current fat level by constantly grabbing snacks. When safely in LS, grab a dozen or so snacks every time you need a little health to make up for any lapses of attention. Get the long driving missions out of the way early, and work up a strong buffer of muscle for the oysters.

Usually people don't like to burn their hard earned muscle, but if the stores are not open, then muscle is actually easier to replace. Just stop by the outdoor gym at Verona Beach and pump a few weights. To avoid being locked out of the gym for working out too much; leave early, head down to the Roboi Food Mart, go inside to snack at the machine, and put on a notch of fat. This will allow CJ's skin to change after the workout, and he should be able to re-enter the gym and continue working out.

Still, the least-hassle method seems to be to get the fat burning missions out of the way early, maintain CJ's fat by eating regularly, and slowly build fat and muscle as you make progress on missions and stats. Try to hold a healthy 8% to 12% fat level until the oysters are collected, then you can start padding it to the level you feel is appropriate.

Added: I'm getting a 1% fat increase when CJ drinks 4 cans of Sprunk. Perhaps you've got some sort of glitch.

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

OK -- I put CJ in front of a Sprunk machine and weighed down the enter/exit key with a pair of pliers while I worked elsewhere in the house for 15 minutes. He's got his fat nearly halfway up now!!!

Since you can't do that with chilli dogs, seems Sprunk binges are the way to go. It's just that you have to drink a LOT of Sprunk!

Thanks for the suggestion!

redskin_core
  • redskin_core

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 12:19 PM

*bump*
Err, how are the updates? I see you haven't been online for a long time.

Ghastous
  • Ghastous

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:59 PM

how do i get the save file to work as all its doing is loading up then my game crashes is this save file mod friendly as ive modded a lot of cars into my game

8-Bit Noise
  • 8-Bit Noise

• Members

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:04 PM

Thanks, this looks fun to mess around in. cool.gif

andynalley
  • andynalley

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 August 2007 - 10:06 PM

Hey Did ya complete all the missions e.g. nrg 500, bmx and chilliad challenges, First time. You have 2 more mission attempts than missions completed.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 16 August 2007 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (andynalley @ Aug 15 2007, 03:36)
Hey Did ya complete all the missions e.g. nrg 500, bmx and chilliad challenges, First time. You have 2 more mission attempts than missions completed.

Yes I did. The two extras come from Burglary and Vigilante, which makes the "attempts" count go up, but doesn't affect the "passed" count, since they don't have a definite ending.

QUOTE (8-Bit Noise @ Posted on Jul 13 2007, 04:34)
Thanks, this looks fun to mess around in. cool.gif

Sorry about the late reply, but I was MIA for a while. You're welcome.

You'll Never Walk Alone

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:01 PM Edited by teh roxxors, 17 February 2008 - 11:07 PM.

I finally finished my save game a couple weeks back -- been tied up with work & school.

I did everything that wouldn't change the name of the start game from "In The Beginning." I didn't trigger the "Grove Street..." introduction.

Vigilante to level 70 (BIG $$$)
Paramedic
Firefighter
Pimping
Burglary
Taxi
All 3 Courier missions
Tags
Oysters
Snapshots
Horseshoes
Unique Jumps at 69 completed (the San Fiero Bridge jump is remaining)

All skills maxed out. ALL OF THEM.

All property that could be bought has been bought.

You still get to enjoy the story and the various races, without having to spend days collecting stuff and driving in circles.

Thing is, it's a 1st edition game, which they don't make anymore. Don't know how many people still play it.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 17 February 2008 - 11:17 PM

QUOTE (teh roxxors @ Feb 17 2008, 19:01)
I finally finished my save game a couple weeks back -- been tied up with work & school.

I did everything that wouldn't change the name of the start game from "In The Beginning." I didn't trigger the "Grove Street..." introduction.

Vigilante to level 70 (BIG $$$)
Paramedic
Firefighter
Pimping
Burglary
Taxi
All 3 Courier missions
Tags
Oysters
Snapshots
Horseshoes
Unique Jumps at 69 completed (the San Fiero Bridge jump is remaining)

All skills maxed out. ALL OF THEM.

All property that could be bought has been bought.

You still get to enjoy the story and the various races, without having to spend days collecting stuff and driving in circles.

Thing is, it's a 1st edition game, which they don't make anymore. Don't know how many people still play it.

I don't think this is the appropiate place for this. You would have been better off to make your own topic.

If you make your own topic I'll add it to The Save File Index.

andynalley
  • andynalley

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 April 2008 - 02:11 PM

I 100% completed san andreas back in 2005 and I did every mission first time. This meant I only did the missions needed for achieving 100% (so no arcade games or pool and I only went into the three gyms I needed to). This gave me the stat:

Missions attempts = 164
Missions passed = 144

Exactley 20 missions difference. I believed that this was the minimum amount of missions when each one was completed first time. The only other problem was one of my other stats wasnt perfect. So recentley I started again to get full perfect stats, only this time i used the crazy starter save by crazyanurag (big luv to you). This had all the side missions and collection stuff done. Well I 100% completed this save yesterday and it gave me this stat:

Missions Attempts = 163
Missions Passed = 145

This makes no sense cus it means that I attempted one less mission but passed an additional mission. I did read somewere that doing the home robbing mission at the start of the game can mess with the start but im not sure. I was wondering if anybody could shed some light on what might have happened.

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Feroci
  • None
  • Helpfulness Award [GTA & Modding]

Posted 08 April 2008 - 02:23 AM

The mission attempts and completed stats are handled quite poorly in San Andreas. I gave up worrying about this stat a long time ago. One factor that could affect the mission completion stat are the BS Courier Missions during the San Fierro. Another factor that could influence the attempts stat is BMX/NRG challenge thread. This missions share a thread and this can lead to extra attempts, but I can't remember the details. I think Burglary simply adds one attempt each time the mission is started and never adds to the completion stat, I'm not sure how it would influence anything else. The Badlands mission strand has all kinds of inconsistencies in the attempts and completions. I wouldn't be surprised if people could end that strand with different stats.

almog a380
  • almog a380

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:31 AM Edited by almog a380, 25 April 2008 - 11:39 AM.

hello everybody i am despert i am looking for a bus to gta san andreas about 6 months and nobody give me an answer . please help me find the bus cheat code / or something else.
thank you for help!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 25 April 2008 - 01:21 PM

QUOTE (almog a380 @ Apr 25 2008, 17:01)
hello everybody i am despert i am looking for a bus to gta san andreas about 6 months and nobody give me an answer . please help me find the bus cheat code / or something else.
thank you for help!

You have a topic for it over here.
Please don't post randomly in someone else's post. Stick to your own thread.

gcheckov
  • gcheckov

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 April 2008 - 05:45 AM

Sweet. I'm glad I found this. I might give it a shot on my pc in the future. GTA SA on the PC is the best
game ever because of people working on files like this, thanks!

almog a380
  • almog a380

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 23 May 2008 - 04:16 PM

i try to install the design x airportshuttle with sami but it dont find the color line so plz help me on how to find the color line of the bus!

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 23 May 2008 - 05:52 PM

QUOTE (almog a380 @ May 23 2008, 21:46)
i try to install the design x airportshuttle with sami but it dont find the color line so plz help me on how to find the color line of the bus!

Are you 5? Do you even realise where you have posted? mad.gif
All modding questions go in the modding forums.

And looking at your sig, I can see that inspite of making a topic about it and getting it answered, you seem to have forgotten about it. Click me.

And please don't post in this topic anymore.

claude11
  • claude11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:07 AM

Hey, I read somewhere that the starter save games might not be recognized by neither Firefox nor IE... what should I do?
I know this may sound lame and all, but I suck with computers..... Plesase help!

And if I posted in the wrong thread, let me know. I don't eveen know what modding really is.....

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:24 AM

QUOTE (claude11 @ Jul 12 2008, 09:37)
Hey, I read somewhere that the starter save games might not be recognized by neither Firefox nor IE... what should I do?
I know this may sound lame and all, but I suck with computers..... Plesase help!

mercie_blink.gif
Why the hell would a browser want to recognise a savefile from a game? There's absolutely no connection between a browser and a savefile (the only time you need to use a browser is to download the savefile). What's more important is that the game should recognise the save, which is does. So, I really don't see a problem here.

Just download the starter save and copy it to your User Files folder.

claude11
  • claude11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

wait.. someone please walk me through this process or post a thread..... I don't get this at ALL.

Girish
  • Girish

Leone Family Mafia

• India
  • Best Moderator 2011

Posted 12 July 2008 - 06:07 PM

QUOTE (claude11 @ Jul 12 2008, 22:13)
wait.. someone please walk me through this process or post a thread..... I don't get this at ALL.

Here's a step-by-step process:
1. Download the file from here. Select the slot in which you'd want the file to be in-game.
2. Now copy that downloaded save to My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files folder.
3. Run the game.
4. Then go to Start > Load Game and the file will be available in the slot that you downloaded it for.

claude11
  • claude11

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 13 July 2008 - 03:48 AM

QUOTE (girishb @ Jul 12 2008, 18:07)
QUOTE (claude11 @ Jul 12 2008, 22:13)

Here's a step-by-step process:
1. Download the file from here. Select the slot in which you'd want the file to be in-game.
2. Now copy that downloaded save to My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files folder.
3. Run the game.
4. Then go to Start > Load Game and the file will be available in the slot that you downloaded it for.

Thank you so much. Got it to work!

alex_oslo
  • alex_oslo

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:10 AM

tnx mate, great stuff =)

King 0f San Andreas
  • King 0f San Andreas

Lets Make Party In San Fierro

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 April 2009 - 07:21 PM

Thanka colgate.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

Chevyboy
  • Chevyboy

Playa

• Members

Posted 23 August 2009 - 01:53 AM

Just stumbled upon this as my 100% SA file went missing as I migrated gaming computers, this will make a wonderful substutite.

Thank you very much Crazy for the save and the many hours I'm sure went into it wink.gif

Slickie
  • Slickie

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 15 March 2012 - 07:54 AM

I can't get this save to work. sad.gif It just crashes my game when I try to load it.

I've reinstalled about three times. Tried it once with a patched game, then an unpatched game, then on a game that was patched and then downgraded with the downgrading tool. Didn't work with any of them.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:20 AM Edited by lil weasel, 15 March 2012 - 10:22 AM.

Did you read this section:
QUOTE (Further Information)
the save has been compiled on the original GTASA for PC, with V2 scripts (and the ID converted using pdescobar's app), so that both V1 and V2 users can have access to it...no cheats/trainers or modifications were used while playing the game...to know how to play with V2 saves if you own V1, go here...
There are clickable links there.

Which version did you purchase (V1, V2, V3)?
Did you install it with the Original DVD?
Are you playing with that DVD in the Drive?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users