Crazy Starter Save

56 replies to this topic
crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2007 - 10:17 AM

Crazy Starter Save by crazyanurag

user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image user posted imageuser posted image
user posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted imageuser posted image

Introduction
okay, this has been a long time in the making, and was something that i actually started in September of last year, when we'd had a lot of these runs of collecting all the hidden objects on a single turn in the Chain Game...i remember thinking at that point that it'd be great if there were a packed-in starter save with which one could play with...of course, there were many with the preliminaries completed in Los Santos, but i was looking for something a little more badass, so to say...that's when i decided to make one for myself... however, increasing coursework at grad school and joining work at a think-tank meant that i went into a new low of trying to manage my time, and that resulted in staying away from video games for more than three months...i was finally able to get back some semblance of order back in life, and as i started frequenting GTAF again, i remembered the project i'd embarked on in September...i promptly dug up my old files and started playing again, and was able to complete the starter save last month, but a new batch of work kept me from posting it till now...

Disclaimers
  • the save is a WIP ...you'll notice that there are a few things which can be improved upon,
    and when i get the time, i'll do the same and update the files here...
  • the save isn't ideal for those playing the game for the first time, as a few things are missing:
    • obviously, CJ doesn't start in the alley with the designated BMX in front of him
    • CJ's first in-game line ("Grove Street. Home. ... ")
    • and, the cut-scene indicating The Johnson House's garage to store/save cars
  • this post contains very little information, if at all, on surviving the 4-star wanted levels
i understand that this save prob'ly comes very late, given that it's almost 2 years since SA came out for the PC, but i'm sure some people would enjoy it...of course, i'm aware that there remain various programs/applications/modifications/whathaveyou with which most of this could have been accomplished very easily...but even though i may be a slow, and sometimes poor, gamer, i'd much rather have this done through my own efforts than make use of the above mentioned aids and kill both the challenge and the fun in getting this save completed...

Further Information
the save says that it took more than 18 hours...in reality, it took much, much more of actual playing time, with countless reloads and restrategising...the most frustrating parts were the "NRG-500" and the Unique Jumps...they wouldn't be a problem normally, but with a 4-star wanted rating, things do get a little out of hand wink.gif ...also, the jump on Gant Bridge couldn't be completed, because the invisible barrier would keep blocking CJ off, meaning that though the jump animation was initiated, he would hit the 'wall' and keep falling off his bike...the one in Santa Flora was also a royal pain... the save has been compiled on the original GTASA for PC, with V2 scripts (and the ID converted using pdescobar's app), so that both V1 and V2 users can have access to it...no cheats/trainers or modifications were used while playing the game...to know how to play with V2 saves if you own V1, go here...

Starting Position
the game is saved at the Jefferson safehouse...CJ has enough money to last him through the game, and is well equipped with weapons, ammo and armour...all LS safehouses have been bought and are ready for use...notice that CJ's clothes are changed, which is because of the "Chiliad Challenge" races (the change in clothing came about when attempting the the "Scotch Bonnet Yellow" run)...the last mission completed on the save is "Dirt Track"...two Stats that confuse me are the Pilot Ranking (says "Ace") and the Longest 2 Wheels Distance (at 88036360.00ft)... CJ has two girlfriends, Barbara (at 9%) and Katie (at 15%), meaning that if he gets Busted or Wasted, he does not lose any of his weapons...

Save Highlights
Mission/Activity Status Reward/Bonus
Vigilante L12 Complete Armour raised to 150
Paramedic L12 Complete Health raised to 200
Firefighter L12 Complete CJ is Fireproof
Pimping L10 Complete CJ is paid for sex
Burglary Complete Infinite Sprint
Taxi Driver Complete All Taxis have Nitro
LS Courier Stage 4 Complete Asset
SF Courier Stage 4 Complete Asset
LV Courier Stage 4 Complete Asset
8-Track First Place Hotring Racer and Monster at LS stadium
Blood Bowl 1 Minute Bloodring Banger at SF stadium
Dirt Track First Place BF Injection at LV stadium
Kickstart 61 Points Dune at LV stadium
BMX 4:40 -
NRG-500 3:56 cool points tounge.gif
Chiliad Challenge All 3 Routes Complete ^ditto^
Tags 100 collected Weapons at Ganton; Respect
Oysters 50 collected CJ is always desirable
Snapshots 50 taken Weapons at Doherty
Horseshoes 50 collected Weapons at The Strip
Unique Jumps 69 of 70 major cool points cool.gif
Completion 13.37% A good start to 100%
Skills Status Reward/Bonus
Weapon Skills All Maxed Better Rate of Fire/Reload, Capacity, Movement, Dual-Wield, etc.
Driving Skill 30% WIP
Flying Skill 20% Pilot's License and Airport Entry; WIP
Bike Skill Maxed Better Control
Cycling Skill Maxed Better Control, Faster Reverse, etc.
Stamina Maxed Endurance
Muscle Maxed Strength
Lung Capacity Maxed Underwater Endurance
Cars for Export
List 1 List 2 List 3
Patriot
Sanchez
Stretch
Feltzer - El Corona
Remington
Buffalo
Sentinel - Ganton
Infernus - Mulholland
Camper
Admiral - Ganton
Slamvan - Doherty
Blista Compact
Stafford - Doherty
Sabre
FCR 900 - Mulholland
Cheetah - Doherty
Rancher
Stallion - Santa Maria Beach
Tanker
Comet - El Corona
Blade
Freeway
Mesa
ZR 350
Euros
Banshee
Super GT - Santa Maria Beach
Journey
Huntley - Doherty
BF Injection

Links
Crazy Starter Save [v2] Here Mirror#1 Mirror#2
Crazy Starter Stats Here Mirror#1 Mirror#2

Acknowledgements
  • JAJ: thanks for all the help (especially with SAMA) and for having been there...you've been through a lot lately, and it's good to see you pull through like an ace icon14.gif
  • gillies: thanks, not only for the Unique Jump tutorials, but also for keeping and helping keep things in perspective
  • glenster: without your guide, i'd never have been able to finish SA, let alone compile this save
  • Orion_SR: his exploits pretty much inspired me to take this up, and thus, without his efforts, this post wouldn't exist
  • rubregg: thanks for rescuing this project with the power of a solitary PM...i'm waiting patiently, and with much eagerness for your guide wink.gif
  • Samutz: thanks for kindly hosting the files
  • everyone else: thanks for reading, and hope this helps you have a little more fun with a great game!

Notes
  • all forms of suggestions, comments, questions and insights are welcome
  • please let me know if anyone's interested in permanently hosting the Save and Stats files
  • If linking someone (outside GTANet) to the save, please link to the topic and not the download page
  • the files would also be available from GTA Garage

Resources
SAMASA ID ConverterSnP Uploader/DownloaderTurboUploadRogePostImageShackOrion_SR's 4 Star Survival GuideGlenster's Glimpse into SA

You'll Never Walk Alone

HerrieM
  • HerrieM

Don't Panic

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 11:09 AM

Hey Crazyanurag,

you really are crazy biggrin.gif Nice savefile. I can't imagen me having enough patience to even attempt a stunt like this.

About the stats that confuse you: The Pilot ranking is a stat that often isn't correct and gives you the Ace status earlier than you should.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2007 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (HerrieM @ Mar 30 2007, 16:39)
you really are crazy biggrin.gif Nice savefile. I can't imagen me having enough patience to even attempt a stunt like this.

lol.gif ...well, since i did this over quite a while, it was fun actually...thanks for your comments though...

QUOTE (continued)
About the stats that confuse you: The Pilot ranking is a stat that often isn't correct and gives you the Ace status earlier than you should.

so it seems...used to happen in VC as well...wonder why R* hasn't been able to prevent this...

You'll Never Walk Alone

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:29 PM Edited by rubregg, 30 March 2007 - 03:57 PM.

wheee - let me just say this: Nice One, Mate!! icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

Cool to hear I have been some sort of help, glad to do so smile.gif

I'm still on my guide, but some serious back problems I've been having recently are keeping me away from the PC too much. I'd say about 75% of a first version should be finished by now.

Something like this will also be included, but since it's very much on-topic here, I'll leave it as a comment for everyone interested and as a sort of little preview of my guide-in-the-making:

QUOTE (crazyanurag)
(...) a few things are missing: (...)
    * CJ's first in-game line ("Grove Street. Home. ... ")
    * and, the cut-scene indicating The Johnson House's garage to store/save cars

There is a way to avoid both cut-scenes. The only real reason why you normally trigger them is that one Tag at the bridge near the Johnson house. You can avoid the cut-scene by spraying that tag during the Food Mart Courier Mission (the last round is quite good for it). You can exit your bicycle for enough time to spray the tag without failing the courier mission. Just make sure it's not your last tag, because when I did it this way, I got one cheat count into my stats. If you do it this way, then obviously you'll have to buy at least one other safe house where you can save your game at without triggering the 'Grove Street' line - and obviously you should stay away from Grove Street during your side missions. I know it's a 'royal pain' when you don't have access to your rewards for tag-spraying, but well, ... can't have *everything* I guess lol.gif ...and there's quite a lot of weapon pickups around LS anyway....

@crazyanurag - special congrats on the unique jumps! cool.gif This is backwards-inspiration, I haven't done those yet, at least not all of the locked-off ones...

Edit:
uh-oh ... just saw the flying stat / pilot's licence / access to airports thing
You want to be careful with that - obtaining a pilot's licence by flying too much too early in the game can cause a glitch later on that could prevent you from finishing the game. Was it the "Toreno Glitch"...??

aaanyway
@everyone - this topic certainly deserves a 'good' rating, now does it. nudge-nudge, grin-grin, points downwards... wink.gif

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (rubregg @ Mar 30 2007, 20:59)
wheee - let me just say this: Nice One, Mate!! icon14.gif cookie.gif cookie.gif icon14.gif

thanks mate...i'd quite forgotten about this till we got talking about your guide...

QUOTE (continued)
There is a way to avoid both cut-scenes. The only real reason why you normally trigger them is that one Tag at the bridge near the Johnson house.

well, if i weren't lazy, this wouldn't have happened...it's just that i hadn't planned on making the save..i drove straight into Grove Street and then thought of getting some armour before the first mission...on the way back, i saw an Ambulance and started "Paramedic". and it pretty much took off from there...

QUOTE (continued)
uh-oh ... just saw the flying stat / pilot's licence / access to airports thing
You want to be careful with that - obtaining a pilot's licence by flying too much too early in the game can cause a glitch later on that could prevent you from finishing the game. Was it the "Toreno Glitch"...??

yeah, i'd thought of that too...so before posting it, i played through the storyline once to make sure it was okay, and i found no glitches...if people face a problem, i could always make a save with "Mike Toreno" as the last save...

too bad about your back sad.gif ...i hope it doesn't get in the way of work...and yeah, i think even 75% is a good start with all the stuff that you intend to cover...do give me a shout if you need any assistance icon14.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

JAJ
  • JAJ

-Hitdog-

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:59 PM

Very good! icon14.gif
This is a great starter save! I've seen other 'starter saves' but they didn't have as many of the Unique Jumps!
Great job on the presentation!
This'll be a great addition to the forum.
I rated this topic as 'GOOD'!
biggrin.gif

rubregg
  • rubregg

brainslug

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:03 PM

QUOTE (crazyanurag @ Mar 30 2007, 18:03)
QUOTE (rubregg @ Mar 30 2007, 20:59)
There is a way to avoid both cut-scenes. The only real reason why you normally trigger them is that one Tag at the bridge near the Johnson house.

well, if i weren't lazy, this wouldn't have happened...it's just that i hadn't planned on making the save..i drove straight into Grove Street and then thought of getting some armour before the first mission...on the way back, i saw an Ambulance and started "Paramedic". and it pretty much took off from there...

yeah, that's always how these things start off in the first place, isn't it.... lol.gif
QUOTE (sort-of)
pilot's licence --> Toreno Glitch
I just mentioned this in case someone feels inspired to try all this out for themselves - this glitch is certainly something people should be aware of in this context.

Also - thanks for the wishing-well and all... smile.gif

0mfg0rz
  • 0mfg0rz

How may I further De-grade myself Sir?

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

wow.gif thats a prety save biggrin.gif I could never do anything like that due to a case of "cba" smile.gif

gillies
  • gillies

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

Good one.

You could also see if you can upload it to gtagarage, which might be a bit more permanent than the sites you are using.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 March 2007 - 08:47 PM

QUOTE (gillies @ Mar 31 2007, 01:41)
Good one.

You could also see if you can upload it to gtagarage, which might be a bit more permanent than the sites you are using.

thanks mate...and i have uploaded it at GTAGarage, except that it's awaiting approval fro now...the topic's here...

@JAJ: thanks...this wouldn't have happened without your help...and thanks for the vote! biggrin.gif

@0mfg0rz: thanks smile.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

ceedj
  • ceedj

PEDS Creator

• Members

Posted 04 April 2007 - 10:45 PM

I hardly play the game much these days, but I LOVE these types of saves. Many thanks. smile.gif

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 April 2007 - 08:46 PM

QUOTE (ceedj @ Apr 5 2007, 04:15)
I hardly play the game much these days, but I LOVE these types of saves. Many thanks. smile.gif

thanks, and you're welcome tounge2.gif

i hope you have a lot of fun with the save...

You'll Never Walk Alone

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 24 April 2007 - 10:14 AM

Great job! icon14.gif
I'm working on a Master Save myself. Only the Unique Stunt Jumps left to do.

What is the 'Toreno glitch'? Is there a way to check if my save game has been affected, other than playing the whole storyline?

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 24 April 2007 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (Dr. Who @ Apr 24 2007, 15:44)
Great job!  icon14.gif
I'm working on a Master Save myself.  Only the Unique Stunt Jumps left to do.

thanks mate smile.gif ...all the best with your "Master Save" and gimme a shout if you require any assistance...

QUOTE (continued)
What is the 'Toreno glitch'?  Is there a way to check if my save game has been affected, other than playing the whole storyline?

the "Toreno" glitch occurs when Mike Toreno fails to show up at the airport during the eponymous mission...this is believed to have been caused by acquiring a Pilot's License too soon (i.e. before "Verdant Meadows")...

i'm afraid the only way to find out if the glitch has affected your save would be to play through the storyline and see...

You'll Never Walk Alone

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 08:03 AM

Finished the 69 possible jumps. Pfff - that eastbound pyramid jump was hard; I had to take an NRG-500 on a Reefer to Las Venturas to make it count. cool.gif

Anyway, I believe I've finished all that's possible: 13.37% completed, skills for all weapons and vehicles maxed, etc.
I put CJ back in his blue jeans - as he is when you would normally start the game.

I also miss the first 'story line' as CJ is coming into Grove street. Only read about it when I was halfway and was too lazy to start all over again. Compensation: a Super GT and an NRG-500 in the Grove street garage. biggrin.gif

@ crazyanurag:

1. What is the maximum 'sex appeal' stat possible at this moment, and how to obtain it? (I know e.g. the car you drive is taken into account, but after a save that stat is way down again.)

2. You mention a list for Import/Export. I thought it was not possible to collect cars at this moment. Or are you just making up a list of where to find them?

james_root
  • james_root

Gaming Since Forever

• Members

Posted 28 April 2007 - 12:05 PM

nice work icon14.gif

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 28 April 2007 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Dr. Who @ Apr 28 2007, 13:33)
Finished the 69 possible jumps.  Pfff - that eastbound pyramid jump was hard; I had to take an NRG-500 on a Reefer to Las Venturas to make it count.  cool.gif

yeah, it was...but the one which troubled me most was in Santa Flora, SF, because of all the police vehicles blocking the way...but great going mate cool.gif

QUOTE (continued)
1. What is the maximum 'sex appeal' stat possible at this moment, and how to obtain it?  (I know e.g. the car you drive is taken into account, but after a save that stat is way down again.)

the Sex Appeal stat is always variable, regardless of where you are in the game, and what you're doing/wearing/driving...because of CJ's clothes and haircut, it'd be hard to get the stat up to near-fullness at this stage, but during the storyline, driving cars like the Super GT/Infernus/Hotknife and wearing the Didier Sachs threads would normally keep it high...be careful, though...driving the same car or wearing the same clothes for long periods of time tends to slowly wear the Sex Appeal off...

QUOTE (continued)
2. You mention a list for Import/Export.  I thought it was not possible to collect cars at this moment.  Or are you just making up a list of where to find them?

i've collected cars, not exported them...so in the list i've provided, the cars mentioned are stashed in the garages named next to them...one wouldn't be able to export them for now, but it gives one a head start for that partcular side-mission when it becomes available...

QUOTE (james_root @ Apr 28 2007, 17:35)
nice work icon14.gif

thanks mate smile.gif ...and if the comment was intended for Dr. Who, i second that icon14.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

redskin_core
  • redskin_core

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:08 AM

I think you should remove the Super GT and FCR-900 from the garages.
Because the FCR-900 spawns easily and the Super GT spawns when you complete driving school
Perhaps fill them with vehicles we could cruise in.
Also, maybe a helicopter in any one garage(a Sea Sparrow would be nice)?

zmoonchild
  • zmoonchild

Dumb Tag

• Members

Posted 05 May 2007 - 10:47 AM Edited by zmoonchild, 05 May 2007 - 10:51 AM.

Good Stuff,
As I stated on GTA Garage:
I did the exact same thing.
It’s interesting that yours came out shortly after mine, your stats are much different than mine.
I have mine listed on five different forum sites; the fist was GTA4.TV:
GTA4.TV

You can also download mine from GTA Save ‘n’ Play:
GTASNP.COM

There are 2 versions of mine available for download, I had forgotten to do the unique jumps the 1st time, so I went back and did 65 of them for the 2nd version.
Also, I was able to store 2 helicopters in the safe-house garages; a Sea-Sparrow and a Maverick.
For the 2nd version I was able to max out all skills, including the gambling skill.

Here’s a list of my stats for comparison:
This is v1 (the original version) without any mods, patches, or upgrades.
NO CHEATS

This version is currently 13.37% complete up the mission “In The Beginning”

Anything that can be done prior to ALL of the story missions has been completed.
This was done just to see how many things could be completed immediately after the game began, and before the mission “Big Smoke”

C.J. is located at the Safe House (in Jefferson) that’s closest to the alley were Tenpenny and Pulaski abandon him near the beginning of the game, near the same time of day, with the same weather conditions, so that you’ll start off with the same feel.

C.J. has the following:
1) $999,999,783
2) Armor at 150
3) Pilot Ranking of “Ace”
4) Minigun, and all of the best weapons
5) Pilots License has been obtained and he has access to all airports, but he still hasn't taken Flying School yet.
6) Luck at 1000
7) Health increased to maximum: 150
8) Full Muscle
9) Tattoos all over his body
10) He’s wearing the shorts from the Chiliad Challenge and the white tank top.
11) All 5 of the available Safe Houses.

The following side-missions have been completed:
1) Firefighter Mission
2) Paramedic Mission
3) Taxi Mission
4) Pimping Mission
5) Burglary Mission
6) Vigilante Mission
7) The Roboi's Food Mart Courier Mission in Los Santos
8) The Hippy Shopper Courier Mission in San Fierro
9) The Burger Shot Courier Mission in Las Venturas
10) Weapon Skill Levels are all at ‘Hitman’

Also, the following Challenges have been completed:
1) BMX Challenge
2) Chiliad Challenge, Scotch Bonnet
3) Chiliad Challenge, Birdseye Winder
4) Chiliad Challenge, Cobra Run
5) NRG-500 Challenge

And, all of the Stadium Events have been completed:
1) 8-Track
2) Blood Bowl
3) Kickstart
4) Dirt Track

In addition to all of that:
1) 100 out of 100 Tags have been sprayed
2) 50 out of 50 Snapshots have been taken
3) 50 out of 50 Oysters have been collected
4) 50 out of 50 Horseshoes have been collected

The following skills have been maxed out:
1) Flying Skill
2) Bike Skill
3) Cycling Skill
4) Driving Skill
4) Gambling Skill, ‘Whale’ status, he can borrow up to $1,000,000

other skills are very close to being maxed out.

One final thing: Denise, Michelle, and Barbara are all available for dating.

1) 70 out of 70 Unique Jumps Found
2) 65 out of 70 Unique Jumps Done
(I couldn’t get the last five of them without a fast car with Nitro, and the Cabbie and Taxi weren’t fast enough)

If you’re using the BradyGames Official Strategy Guide, you’ll still need to do the following jumps:
3) Verdona Beach, Los Santos, the Northbound staircase near Conference
36) Santa Flora, San Fierro, backyard hillside, Southbound jump
39) San Fierro, South side of the Gant Bridge, near Jizzy’s club (there’s an invisible barrier in the way)
43) San Fierro, east of Katie’s House, near the tunnel, Westbound Jump
61) The Camel’s Toe; Eastbound Jump

There are 2 helicopters stored in the Safe House Garages:
1) A Maverick at the garage at Santa Maria Beach (You’ll need to use the Towtruck that’s stored in the Verdant Bluffs Garage, or any other towtruck)
2) A Sea Sparrow is stored on top of the Mulholland Garage, you’ll need climb up on top of the garage to get it.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:19 PM

QUOTE (zmoonchild @ May 5 2007, 16:17)
Good Stuff,
As I stated on GTA Garage:
I did the exact same thing.
It’s interesting that yours came out shortly after mine, your stats are much different than mine.

thanks, mate smile.gif ...and good on ya too for completing all the stuff available before the first mission...

QUOTE (continued)
<rest of the stuff>

i see you've made a topic here, so just point to that wink.gif ...good job too on spreading the love all over the internet...i'm happy just to do this for GTANet...

cheers

You'll Never Walk Alone

Dr. Who
  • Dr. Who

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 09 May 2007 - 01:39 PM Edited by Dr. Who, 09 May 2007 - 04:01 PM.

QUOTE (redskin_core @ May 1 2007, 04:08)
I think you should remove the Super GT and FCR-900 from the garages.
Because the FCR-900 spawns easily and the Super GT spawns when you complete driving school
Perhaps fill them with vehicles we could cruise in.
Also, maybe a helicopter in any one garage(a Sea Sparrow would be nice)?

Removing them is easy. biggrin.gif
I like the fast vehicles for 'cruising'!
And the Sea Sparrow is in the Santa Maria Beach safe house. cool.gif

@zmoonchild
Have you tried the NRG500 or the PCJ600 for the remaining jumps? To my knowledge only one jump is impossible due to the inivisible barrier.
Good luck!

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 14 May 2007 - 11:29 PM

How do you spray tags before the Sweet mission, "Tagging Up Turf," when the spray can begins spawning in your safe house?

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:09 AM Edited by crazyanurag, 15 May 2007 - 08:15 AM.

QUOTE (teh roxxors @ May 15 2007, 04:59)
How do you spray tags before the Sweet mission, "Tagging Up Turf," when the spray can begins spawning in your safe house?

there are other locations from where the Spray Can can be picked up...for all available locations, look here (click "Select All" and set the Filter to "Spray Can")...i'd normally go on a collection run to North LS and then to LV and back (and so forth)...sometimes i'd just stick to the one in LS and recollect it after it'd respawned...

You'll Never Walk Alone

teh roxxors
  • teh roxxors

Checking Attitudes

• Members

Posted 15 May 2007 - 08:31 PM Edited by teh roxxors, 15 May 2007 - 08:40 PM.

Damn. I've played the crap out of this game for the last couple of years, only to realize YESTERDAY that there is a Tec-9 atop Sweet's house and a spray can on top of the little shop behind CJ's house. Always something new to discover! Just a few weeks back, I found the Sniper Rifle at Interglobal Television, in the Market Station district -- this rifle doesn't show up on many of the game maps you find online. I could probably play another two years and still be discovering new things.

Still, I wonder how you eat and keep your health up before Ryder's mission, which opens the game's restaurants. Other than chilli dogs on the boardwalk near The Brown Starfish in Santa Maria beach, what can you eat that will keep your health up?

Oh, and getting the spray can near CJ's house must trigger the "Grove Street . . . home" dialog some guys try to avoid. On the other hand, flying to Las Venturas 9-10 times for spray cans seems a bit much.

So what happens during "Tagging Up Turf," if you've already sprayed all 100 tags?

These ultimate starter save games sure raise a lot of questions.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (teh roxxors @ May 16 2007, 02:01)
Still, I wonder how you eat and keep your health up before Ryder's mission, which opens the game's restaurants. Other than chilli dogs on the boardwalk near The Brown Starfish in Santa Maria beach, what can you eat that will keep your health up?

think out of the box...you don't eat, you drink...i would down 10 cans of Sprunk at a time just to keep CJ's health and fat levels up...moreover, i started with "Paramedic", so i pretty much had a full health bar throughout the making of the save...you also have Chilli Dog stands in SF, the Desert and Countryside areas to keep your taste buds happy...

QUOTE (continued)
Oh, and getting the spray can near CJ's house must trigger the "Grove Street . . . home" dialog some guys try to avoid. On the other hand, flying to Las Venturas 9-10 times for spray cans seems a bit much.

as you'll find from the original post, that "Grove Street..." line was triggered before i even started on the save, and stands out as possibly the only oversight...i recommended the Spray Can in north LS for that very reason, so that one doesn't trigger that part of the storyline...

when doing collection runs, i wouldn't only go to LV to pick the cans up, but also to take care of a few Horseshoes and Oysters in the process...

QUOTE (continued)
So what happens during "Tagging Up Turf," if you've already sprayed all 100 tags?

you still have to play through the mission, though the Tag count will come down to 94/100 just before the mission...this doesn't affect the completion percentage or the rewards that spawn from collecting the Tags...

hope this helps! smile.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada

Posted 20 May 2007 - 05:54 PM

Very nice work crazyanurag. I dont know why it took me so long to find this. Great Work. Have a cookie. cookie.gif
-Ryan

OrionSR
  • OrionSR

Chain Game Development Team

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:56 PM Edited by OrionSR, 23 May 2007 - 06:58 PM.

What do you know; there is a spray can in LV. I never noticed that before. It is possible to get the spray can on the roof of the building behind the Johnson's house without triggering the Grove Street audio. The trigger for the audio can be avoided with elevation, so if you fly over Grove Street it isn't triggered. There's an orange awning that CJ can jump to and climb on the front of the building, and as long as he's on the roof, he won't trigger the audio.

BTW, the armor under the bridge by the Johnson house won't trigger the audio as long as CJ stays under the bridge and outside of the Grove Street territory just a little to the south. You can spray the tag by Denise's house or store cars in the Johnson's garage during missions that allow CJ to exit the vehicle for a short time. Vigilante provides plenty of time, and won't increment the mission attempt stat if level 12 has already been completed.

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 25 May 2007 - 11:16 AM

QUOTE (ryan92 @ May 20 2007, 23:24)
Very nice work crazyanurag.

thanks mate...mo loving the cookie wink.gif

QUOTE (OrionSR @ May 24 2007, 00:26)
It is possible to get the spray can on the roof of the building behind the Johnson's house without triggering the Grove Street audio. The trigger for the audio can be avoided with elevation, so if you fly over Grove Street it isn't triggered.

and i never knew that...in fact, i don't think i've ever flown that low over Grove Street...not in recent memory, anyhow...welcome to GTAF, btw inlove.gif

QUOTE (continued)
BTW, the armor under the bridge by the Johnson house won't trigger the audio as long as CJ stays under the bridge and outside of the Grove Street territory just a little to the south. You can spray the tag by Denise's house or store cars in the Johnson's garage during missions that allow CJ to exit the vehicle for a short time. Vigilante provides plenty of time, and won't increment the mission attempt stat if level 12 has already been completed.

well yes, i figured that out after i'd triggered the audio and gone well into making the save...if i ever redo it, this'll be one thing i'll be mindful of...

You'll Never Walk Alone

redskin_core
  • redskin_core

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 May 2007 - 03:59 AM

How's the updates coming along?

crazyanurag
  • crazyanurag

okthxbai

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 27 May 2007 - 06:55 AM

QUOTE (redskin_core @ May 27 2007, 09:29)
How's the updates coming along?

they aren't at the moment, sadly...i'll be leaving town for more than a month, and thus have had to be at work for 14 hours a day to make up for the backlog the leave would create...

as for newer cars, if there are any updates, they'll only include cars which are needed for the import/export side-missions, because the save is geared towards helping people get to 100% completion...

hope you can take the wait, and thanks for your continued interest smile.gif

You'll Never Walk Alone

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users