Last Movie You've Seen

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1,232 replies to this topic
Groovy
  • Groovy

General

• The Connection

Posted 11 February 2009 - 07:21 PM

Saw Coraline last night. Gorgeous film, Henry Selick has outdone himself, story was great(really wanna read the book now) and was quite creepy, which it takes alot to creep me out, and this movie did it. Very unsettling and def not a kids movie. I really want to see it in 3D now.

Mike Tequeli
  • Mike Tequeli

American non-Voter at Heart

• The Connection

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:16 PM

QUOTE (Ottae @ Feb 10 2009, 23:23)
QUOTE (Slamman @ Feb 8 2009, 22:09)
QUOTE (makeshyft @ Feb 8 2009, 16:46)
I got pretty hard-ass drunk last night and rewatched Walk the Line. No matter how many times I see it, I am still blown away. It really is one of my favourite films, and speaks to me on a very personal level. My own relationship reminds me of the one shared by Johnny Cash and June Carter. Some kind of unspoken bond, tried at times by the lure of addiction. It's a great story, and Phoenix and Witherspoon really communicate their love perfectly.

There is one performance in the film that really brings a smile to my face, though, and that is Waylon Payne's turn as Jerry Lee Lewis. The guy captures the essence of Lewis so perfectly, that it is beyond belief. When he first appears, it's almost like you're seeing a young Jerry Lee himself on-screen.

God gave us a great big apple, see, and He said don't touch it. He didn't say touch it once in a while; He didn't say take a nibble when you're hungry; He said don't touch it! Don't think about touchin'it, don't sing about touchin' it, don't think about singin' about touchin' it!

How about "WALK HARD" ...The Dewey Cox story?
I keep debating on getting it, mostly as a rental. I saw Step Brothers and was pretty much in stitches, and if Will Ferrell were in it, I'd pretty much pick it up.

I think Step Brothers and Get Smart are the better comedies. I rented Burn After Reading as well, and though I won't complain the humor is FAR too dry, it is not in the same league as Get Smart... I never thought I'd say that, but one made me really laugh, where the other one I probably grinned more.

Haven't seen Get Smart, but I bloody loved Burn After Reading. I consider my humour dry enough to fine it hysterical anyway. I'm gonna get it on DVD this week.

Picked up 12 Monkeys and Dogma last Saturday (The latter I've seen before), so I'll probably watch 12 Monkeys first then rewatch Dogma, which I love.

I highly recommend 12 monkeys. It is much smarter a film then I expected when I was watching it on cable at 1 in the morning. The story arc as a whole is genius.

papanesta
  • papanesta

Cantankerous Chauffeur

• The Precinct

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:14 PM

New topic. smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users