Photo

Secrets & Easter Eggs

230 replies to this topic
cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

Slamman's distant relative

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 04:20 PM

@GTA talk, i think the fudge packing corp. is based near little havana in downtown, nothing much there except for an open garage with fudge packing corp printed on the wall. i need to open the mainland so i can get a pic, it may be a while sad.gif

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:08 PM Edited by flicko, 04 September 2007 - 05:10 PM.

QUOTE (cold fusion 33 @ Sep 4 2007, 16:20)
@GTA talk, i think the fudge packing corp. is based near little havana in downtown, nothing much there except for an open garage with fudge packing corp printed on the wall. i need to open the mainland so i can get a pic, it may be a while sad.gif

ive searched all over and found nothing , where exactly is it??

and ive found this secrets and easter eggs website , its pretty decent...

http://en.wikigta.or...(GTA_Vice_City)

got some secrets i didnt know about before!!

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 04 September 2007 - 05:12 PM

it is absolutely definatley there! im sure of it!

VCHolmes
  • VCHolmes

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 September 2007 - 12:45 PM

@flicko:
That poster of 'Bite' has Candy Suxx on it. That moon-lie object (Circled in Yellow) is the spotlight from the 'G-Spolight' mission.
user posted image

And this one on the side says 'Vice City Printworks'
user posted image

Where's the face of the man?

@cold fusion 33: Yes, I remember seeing it. Its somewhere in Little Havana or Little Haiti.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 05 September 2007 - 04:11 PM

That poster of 'Bite' has Candy Suxx on it. That moon-lie object (Circled in Yellow) is the spotlight from the 'G-Spolight' mission.

yeah , i know that , im saying that it was there before the film even started filming and steve had even met candy , so how is that not a glitch??

Where's the face of the man?

did you click on my link?? you can see not a face , but what seems to be a whole body and it looks like luigi from the mario brothers !

dogzilla
  • dogzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:15 AM

A shark can be seen swimming around the dilapadated platform with the rampage on.... it does mention it in the guide about shark attacks being rare...i wonder if it attacks if you throw tommy in?...i cant do screen grabs unfortunately...and also i aint sure if it only appears at certain times of the day.....

already spotted and filed????

then i apologise i never noticed...it really is my only addition to this vast list of amazing intricacies and i hate duplicating things that have been covered previously

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:21 AM

A shark can be seen swimming around the dilapadated platform with the rampage on.... it does mention it in the guide about shark attacks being rare...i wonder if it attacks if you throw tommy in?...i cant do screen grabs unfortunately...and also i aint sure if it only appears at certain times of the day.....

sharks and dolphins can be found in VC , i have seen sharks at the colonels yacht and at diaz's , aswell as other places , so they dont only spawn in the area you gave us ...and no , the rumour about sharks attacking you if you fal in the ocean near one is not true , as they are not solid objects and therefore just float , they are just in the game for scenary and realism (in my opinion)

dont know if its bin posted on here before , but there really is no need , as most people already know about these sharks , aswell as dolphins turtles and other sea creatures !

dogzilla
  • dogzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:26 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Sep 6 2007, 01:21)

sharks and dolphins can be found in VC , i have seen sharks at the colonels yacht and at diaz's , aswell as other places , so they dont only spawn in the area you gave us ...and no , the rumour about sharks attacking you if you fal in the ocean near one is not true , as they are not solid objects and therefore just float , they are just in the game for scenary and realism (in my opinion)

dont know if its bin posted on here before , but there really is no need , as most people already know about these sharks , aswell as dolphins turtles and other sea creatures !

Exactly my point my good man.... just i hadnt noticed it on this thread so i thought id add it to it....

during phnom penh...a dude can be seen throwing himself off the bridge that links the golf course to little haiti....just another i havent noticed on here...

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:27 AM

during phnom penh...a dude can be seen throwing himself off the bridge that links the golf course to little haiti....just another i havent noticed on here...

woah ive never heard of that one before , ill have to have a look , would be a nice first find if nobody on here had found it!...

dogzilla
  • dogzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 01:29 AM Edited by dogzilla, 07 September 2007 - 12:02 AM.

QUOTE (flicko @ Sep 6 2007, 01:27)

woah ive never heard of that one before , ill have to have a look , would be a nice first find if nobody on here had found it!...

yep....when you cross the bridge ...pan the gun round to point back to the tail of the heli

user posted image

...........welcome to escobar..i mean JFK in new york city!!!!! ... (connection probably already been made...but still smile.gif )

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:15 PM Edited by flicko, 06 September 2007 - 11:02 PM.

in one of my previous posts i said this

In the mission "Autocide", the men Tommy has to kill all have names similar to those of characters from games that are based on the Grand Theft Auto games: Mike Griffin (Mace Griffin from Mace Griffin Bounty Hunter (2003) (VG)) Dick Tanner (Tanner from Driver (1999) (VG) and its sequels) Marcus Hammond, Franco Carter and Charlie Dilson (Mark Hammond, Frank Carter and Charlie Jolson from _Getaway, The (2002/I) (VG)_ ) Nick Kong (Nick Kang from True Crime: Streets of LA (2003) (VG))

i recently discovered today that "DRIV3R" responded to this parody in their game:

In DRIV3R, tanned men wearing Hawaiian shirts that are hidden throughout the game are called Timmy Vermicelli, a parody of Tommy Vercetti. Floaties on their arms ridicule the fact that Tommy Vercetti could not swim in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City

dunno if anybody knew this already!

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 07 September 2007 - 02:51 AM Edited by flicko, 07 September 2007 - 12:11 PM.

ah-ha ! found it

here:

Posted Image

and here is the locations of the sign:

Posted Image

and i tried out to see if i saw the man who jumped off the bridge ...SUCCESS! i saw him smile.gif so that secret is true (which ive never heard of before)although may already be well known!

also found a couple more things...the first one is this:

Posted Image

which reads "la tradicion cubana" which is a cigar making company based in Cuba!

and this:

Posted Image

which is basically just a R* logo in little haiti !

and this:

Posted Image

which reads "eglise baptiste de la regeneracion" but i dnt know what it translates to as it is in french( may mean nothing at all) but would like to know what it means...

also found this...

Posted Image

which reads "move over miami" dont know if its from anything but i think it ha a meaning that VC is the new miami as it is based on it and is so like it!

hope these secrets arent already well known!....

[EDIT] MY LINKS DON'T WORK BUT IF YOU SCROLL DOWN , YOU WILL SEE THAT DOGZILLA HAS KINDLY PROVIDED LINKS TO MY PICTURES [EDIT]

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 07 September 2007 - 04:40 AM

QUOTE (flicko @ Sep 7 2007, 02:51)
ah-ha ! found it

here:

Posted Image

and here is the locations of the sign:

Posted Image

and i tried out to see if i saw the man who jumped ff the bridge ...SUCCESS! i saw him smile.gif so that secret is true (which ive never heard of before)although may already be well known!

also found a couple more things...the first one is this:

Posted Image

which reads "la tradicion cubana" which is a cigar making company based in Cuba!

and this:

Posted Image

which is basically just a R* logo in little haiti !

and this:

Posted Image

which reads "eglise baptiste de la regeneracion" but i dnt know what it translates to as it is in french( may mean nothing at all) but would like to know what it means...

also found this...

Posted Image

which reads "move over miami" dont know if its from anything but i think it ha a meaning that VC is the new miami as it is based on it and is so like it!

hope these secrets arent already well known!....

I couldn't see any images when I clicked those links and omg I want to see the guy falling of the bridge so badly.

dogzilla
  • dogzilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:11 AM

sorry flicko aint hijacking your post ...just your links werent clickable with the []s ...just post the link dude but i saved you the hassle smile.gif ...anyway heres the fine pics you posted in the same chrononology as you posted them......

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:08 PM Edited by flicko, 07 September 2007 - 01:42 PM.

QUOTE (dogzilla @ Sep 7 2007, 06:11)
sorry flicko aint hijacking your post ...just your links werent clickable with the []s ...just post the link dude but i saved you the hassle smile.gif ...anyway heres the fine pics you posted in the same chrononology as you posted them......

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

thankyou very much dogzilla icon14.gif saved me a lot of time...much respect icon14.gif !

i coudlnt get a screenie of the man jumping off the bride as it happened quickly but to me it looked like he was wearing overalls of some kind( i may be wrong) , good find though dogzilla!

thanks again dogzilla !... hope the secrets are new finds!...

[edit] found a vid on youtube which shows the man jumping off the brodge....watch at 52 seconds !...

http://www.youtube.c...related&search=

MC.
  • MC.

LS Menace

• Members

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (flicko @ Sep 7 2007, 12:08)
QUOTE (dogzilla @ Sep 7 2007, 06:11)

LINK 1

LINK 2

LINK 3

LINK 4

LINK 5

LINK 6

thankyou very much dogzilla icon14.gif saved me a lot of time...much respect icon14.gif !

i coudlnt get a screenie of the man jumping off the bride as it happened quickly but to me it looked like he was wearing overalls of some kind( i may be wrong) , good find though dogzilla!

thanks again dogzilla !... hope the secrets are new finds!...

[edit] found a vid on youtube which shows the man jumping off the brodge....watch at 52 seconds !...

http://www.youtube.c...related&search=

Omg yes thank you for the video.

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 September 2007 - 04:14 AM

dogzilla: I think you're right about the airport terminel--thanks for the tip!

flicko: you might find some of the things you're interested in given mainly in
various categories on the 1st couple of pages of my VC walk-through.
http://www.freewebs....stersguide1.htm
http://www.freewebs....stersguide2.htm

About 9/10th down p.2:

According to the "gouranga" web site, ReverendTed has this translation for
"Hostes Ad Pulverem Ferire":

"FYI: The motto on the Rockstar crest, "Hostes Ad Pulverem Ferire" has a num-
ber of translations in Latin depending on the ambiguous conjugation, but the
most likely is "Pulverizing the enemy". (Since it's unlikely they'd put "We were
pulverized by the enemy" on their crest.)"
http://www.gouranga.com/nf-news.htm

I have an English translation for some of those signs on p.2. They're about
4/5ths down the page (use Edit > Find).

"If you go N across the street from Auntie Poulet's shack in Little Haiti,
you'll find a little blue-green building with red and orange letters: 'Eglise
Baptiste de la Regeneration,' which is French for 'Baptist Church of Revival' or
'...of Spiritual Renewal.'"

If you want to see all the marine life clearly, you can use the gimmick of
flying the helicopter up through the porch ceiling of the WK Chariot hotel, land
somewhere in the lighthouse area, and use the Sniper zoom (spaceeinstein's All
In One Mod at GTA Garage makes it easy to use the Camera zoom, which is better).

The idea of shark attacks is referred to about 1/2 down p.1:

"P.S. for Fishes Fed: you might wonder why so many people hang out at the beach
or have swimming pools since nobody in town seems to know how to swim. The
Vice City Tourist Guide, p.10, suggests that nobody survives the water due to
shark attacks. This could be why the Reefer looks like a little version of
Quint's shark hunting boat in 'Jaws,' and Steve Scott (Dennis Hopper) has his
variations on Steven Spielberg's concerns about them. (His shark prop is basic-
ally similar to the shark in the waters around Vice City.)"

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 10 September 2007 - 12:33 AM

flicko: you might find some of the things you're interested in given mainly in
various categories on the 1st couple of pages of my VC walk-through.

glenster , im not trying to find out information on secrets i have posted , im just trying to show people and inform them on secrets they may not be aware of ...

although some of the information you have given i did ask for...thanks for that icon14.gif

"If you go N across the street from Auntie Poulet's shack in Little Haiti,
you'll find a little blue-green building with red and orange letters: 'Eglise
Baptiste de la Regeneration,' which is French for 'Baptist Church of Revival' or
'...of Spiritual Renewal.'"

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:07 AM Edited by glenster, 12 September 2007 - 09:46 AM.

My concern is more general, too, but thanks for the thanks, and thanks to a
lot of people that been having fun exploring and contributing references and
secrets for several years now.

For instance, you asked if anyone knew about the building with ""Hostes Ad
Pulverem Ferire", and thanks to ReverendTed (mod for the Havana outfit glitch) for
knowing it's the motto used in the Rockstar logo and translating it. Also, if
anyone is interested in places in the game that look like real life places, like
the Bal Harbor Mall/Washington Mall similarity mentioned earlier, you might like
the pretty healthy-sized collection of images that many of us have found that
show such things about 1/3rd down p.1 of the link I gave under "Look-alike mall
and soundalike island," " Little Havana, Little Haiti, and Liberty City--Miami,"
and "Other places 'Vice City' is based on."

Another PS2/PC difference about the license plates mentioned earlier: the
license plates are blurry and don't say "VC R29" on PC.

The La Tradicion Cuban Cigar Factory store in Little Haiti mentioned earlier
may be another of the many Scarface (1983)/VC connections: Tony Montana likes to
smoke cigars and a VC lady near the Ocean View sells cigars from a box hanging
from her neck.
http://img237.images...eenvc353of1.jpg
http://img245.images...eenvc365sv7.jpg

Thanks for the tip about the image of Luigi tounge.gif . I think you're right about that
since others have wondered if that's why one of the Vercetti gang mentions Mario
and a couple of funny videos were made about the idea:
http://www.metacafe....o_in_vice_city/
http://www.gamespot....XYwlmar5bgJuT7a

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 11 September 2007 - 09:16 AM Edited by glenster, 11 September 2007 - 09:18 AM.

Double post edited by GTW.

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 11 September 2007 - 11:25 PM

For instance, you asked if anyone knew about the building with ""Hostes Ad
Pulverem Ferire", and thanks to ReverendTed (mod for the Havana outfit glitch) for
knowing it's the motto used in the Rockstar logo and translating it. Also, if
anyone is interested in places in the game that look like real life places, like
the Bal Harbor Mall/Washington Mall similarity mentioned earlier, you might like
the pretty healthy-sized collection of images that many of us have found that
show such things about 1/3rd down p.1 of the link I gave under "Look-alike mall
and soundalike island," " Little Havana, Little Haiti, and Liberty City--Miami,"
and "Other places 'Vice City' is based on."

glenster , you keep persistently on many posts give a link to your guide , which , although is the most packed guide ive seen on VC , is all too confusing to me and a bit tedius to read through and look for what you want us to see!

but with all due respect , it is a very good uide if you have a lot of time on your hands to read thrugh it , i respect the guide as it must of took a fair while to do , but it is a little confusing tbh!

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2007 - 09:29 AM Edited by glenster, 19 September 2007 - 12:28 PM.

No need for confusion. I haven't run into your problem before, including from
people from foreign countries, but I'm right here if there's a question so let
me know. I like to help and appreciate all those who chipped in with it, too.
I don't mean to imply any need to read it or that it's better than anyone
elses', but I like to substantiate with references, credits and links, so it ends
up that I'm familiar with it as the easiest thing to refer to for that, hopeful-
ly not unpleasantly. It has become a dauntingly large collection in several
years, though!

If this helps wrangle with it, if you want to, you can imagine it being organ-
ized into four sections:

The subjects are listed in the index, with

- related interests 1st (movie/game references, etc.--where you'd find most of
the things covered in a Secrets section like this one, including relating the
tip by a fellow named flicko about "Lady Frankenstein" with credit!),

- then preliminaries (PC care, controls, vehicles with real names and stunt-
ing basics, glitches and other odds and ends, which include a few more things
that might be used for Secrets sections, and codes),

- then missions (including how to get Tommy all his weapons, strengths, and
side missions over with 1st, and how to to them in an order that lets you use
the Wheels of Steel Angel for The Driver and Sunshine Autos races),

- then mods (modding tools, the basics of how to mod, and some popular mods).

Beyond familiarity with the basic order of it, the Edit > Find helps further
speed up going through through the size of it. Again, if there's any problem
in finding something beyond that, feel welcome to let me know. But I don't
think it's as important to be the 1st to find something in an old game played by
millions--there's always somone new to it and I still hear something I hadn't
heard before myself, as much as people should have fun looking.

Back to the hunt: thanks to reader Jeff Sims who sent me his theory that the
Zebra Cab is a reference to a taxi company called Tiger Cabs, a front for a drug
running (and other criminal business) outfit in Miami, in the book "American
Tabloid" by James Ellroy.
http://en.wikipedia....merican_Tabloid

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 12 September 2007 - 11:31 AM

that clears it up a little bit glenster , but what gets to me is when you say things like "look about 9/10th down my page , it just confuses me trying to get tot the point .....

and about the tiger cabs reference , ive read something like that before , but thought it had already bin posted in ...

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:38 PM Edited by glenster, 15 September 2007 - 07:46 PM.

Again, as with any documents, Edit > Find can locate things beyond relevant
sections. The Tiger Cabs reference has been known, if not that well-known. I'd
relax about worrying too seriously who found anything 1st about a several year
old game that's been scoured by modders (I always figure someone at Rockstar
knew before any of us so take the message board claims tongue in cheek) other
than to credit sources and realize a boast might be stealing an earlier gamer's
thunder. It's always a new exploration for someone, so I recommend just enjoy-
ing searching and sharing information.

"Vice City" unlisted songs:

- Big Country - "In a Big Country" (featured during "The Driver" cutscene)
- Whodini - "The Freaks Come Out at Night" (featured during "The Job" cutscene). This song later appears on the soundtrack to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories on Fresh 105 FM
- Blue Öyster Cult - "I'm Burning for You" (featured during the "Boomshine Saigon" cutscene)
- Al DiMeola-Ritmo De La Noche (featured on the first cutscene during "Bar brawl")
- Two unidentified songs in Café Robina, not played on Radio Espantoso, can be heard in the cutscenes to the missions "Naval Engagement" and "Trojan Voodoo."
http://en.wikipedia....City_soundtrack

A pretty funny translation of the DJ Pepe of Radio Espantoso is the last radio station transcribed
at the next link:
http://www.gamefaqs....le/561641/20249

Thanks to reader Colin Attle for a couple of tips:

"To the east of Washington Mall there is a barbers called 'Gay Gordos'--this
could be reference to a Scottish dance: the Gay Gordons."
http://www.scotlands...egaygordons.htm
http://en.wikipedia....Gordons_(dance)

(I'll add that there's a Gay Gordos Boufon Boutique in Redsands East in "San
Andreas.")

Colin also has some background on the Whippet coaches seen in "III" and "Vice
City": "these are dogs in the U.K. and are similar to greyhound dogs, which is a
reference to the Greyhound coaches that service most of the USA."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whippet
http://en.wikipedia....Greyhound_Lines

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 15 September 2007 - 08:36 PM Edited by flicko, 15 September 2007 - 09:45 PM.

saw this glitch/secret while browsing around VC , its probably already well known but i cant see it anywhere in this thread so...

user posted image

it reads LCFD , which im assuming stands for liberty city fire department , although this game is vice city!

also found this when i smashed open the back door of a securicar...

user posted image

which is three boxes which all read "loot"

hope these havent been posted on here before , or is not on glensters guide ( so he gives us a link again)

oh and sorry there sideways...

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:03 AM

I always give sources and links and thanks (many to GTA Forums, and to you),
and I think I have a nice walk-through a lot of nice people helped with.
There's nothing wrong with that.

Boxes of Loot, etc.:

"The things you can find in delivery trucks"

I'll just add that the LCFD sign by a Hidden Package at the airport is a PS2/
PC difference with the sign fixed for PC.
http://img459.images.../zvcvcfdel9.jpg

flicko
  • flicko

-

• Members

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:20 AM

QUOTE (glenster @ Sep 17 2007, 11:03)
I always give sources and links and thanks (many to GTA Forums, and to you),
and I think I have a nice walk-through a lot of nice people helped with.
There's nothing wrong with that.

I'll just add that the LCFD sign by a Hidden Package at the airport is a PS2/
PC difference with the sign fixed for PC.
http://img459.images.../zvcvcfdel9.jpg

thanks for that , always happy to find secrets , and i was unaware of the pc version as i only play on the PS2 !

cold fusion 33
  • cold fusion 33

• Members

Posted 14 October 2007 - 05:25 PM

I found a new one.
On the Washington beach RC course there is an advertisement for EDDIES the same garage that was a hideout in GTA 3.
-600th post Shifty41s_beerhatsmilie2.gif -

glenster
  • glenster

True

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 23 October 2007 - 03:58 AM

Thanks again to reader Colin Attle for the tip that the Cherry Poppers mission
is probably a reference to (besides the movie "Nice Dreams" by Cheech and Chong)
the Glascow Ice Cream Wars of the 1980's.
http://en.wikipedia...._Ice_Cream_Wars

GentlemanSquid
  • GentlemanSquid

Ain't That Some sh*t

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:12 PM

Updated Front Page

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users