Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,701 replies to this topic
Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 11 April 2007 - 11:48 PM

BUMP looks like theres some more controversey within the g unit camp after tony yayo attacked the son of Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond who is head of Czar entertainment which The Game has responded with a diss track called Body Bagz which takes shot at tony yayo and 50 cent also other conterversey is that Spider Loc's response to Games Diss track called Toe Tagz there is a line that takes shots at Young Buck so 50 might drop him for trying to make peace with The Game so if Buck does get dropped this could mean the end of g unit and spider loc should show some respect to Buck i mean if it wasn;pt for him loc wouldn't even be in g unit he wouldn;t be where he is today like running g unit west but point is if g unit drops Buck could this be a start in the new chapter in there long list of on going feuds it could even be the downfall of g unit

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 April 2007 - 12:17 AM

You know what's even COOLER than G-Unit? Punctuation, of any kind. It's really hard to read any of that.

mateo83
  • mateo83

Yay Area

• The Connection

Posted 12 April 2007 - 03:06 AM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Apr 11 2007, 15:48)
BUMP looks like theres some more controversey within the g unit camp after tony yayo attacked the son of Jimmy "Henchman" Rosemond who is head of Czar entertainment which The Game has responded with a diss track called Body Bagz which takes shot at tony yayo and 50 cent also other conterversey is that Spider Loc's response to Games Diss track called Toe Tagz there is a line that takes shots at Young Buck so 50 might drop him for trying to make peace with The Game so if Buck does get dropped this could mean the end of g unit and spider loc should show some respect to Buck i mean if it wasn;pt for him loc wouldn't even be in g unit he wouldn;t be where he is today like running g unit west but point is if g unit drops Buck could this be a start in the new chapter in there long list of on going feuds it could even be the downfall of g unit

50 was already on the radio sayin buck and game are in the same boat and he aint doin nada for buck anymore...this was said bout 2 weeks ago....

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 09:53 AM

sorry JIMMY 12 i wrote it at about 12 at night. Next time i'll use Punctuation and i didn't even say g unti was cool lol they suck ass. Well g units probably going to fall apart i mean if he has dropped Buck and with what tony yayo did to that kid. Was Just wrong but i mean if Buck has been given the boot then g unit without Buck is basically nothing i mean come lloyd banks he can't even rap. The yayo hes just a hype man and he can;t even rap i mean look at his first flop and then Spider Loc he owes Buck alot because he wouldn;t be even on g unit if Buck hadn;t of talk to 50 about offering him a place. Point is i doubt 50 will be able to sort this out and if it is end of g unit then good because there tracks are just garbage.

SouTHErnSuspect
  • SouTHErnSuspect

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:45 AM

G-Unit are destined to fail, Mobb Deep are supposedly leaving the label, so that means the only members on the label with any credibility are Lil' Fame & Billy Danzenie of M.O.P. And they've even lost respect by joining G-Unit.

50 Cent has got a lot of thinking to do if he wants to gain respect in the hip-hop community again, and he's not going to do it by dropping the rappers he signed and then beefin' with them.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 12 April 2007 - 04:43 PM Edited by Gantons Most Wanted, 12 April 2007 - 04:58 PM.

your right but 50 and g unit have alot more enemies than friends. Other thing is i hope yayo gets sent down because you just don't beat up a 14 year old kid when your like at his age and hes what 40 or somthing years old. But Body Bagz has probably been the most angry diss hes made to g unit he even took shots at spider loc for what had happened to his brother Big Fa$e 100

Ste Steez
  • Ste Steez

You Know My Steez

• Members

Posted 13 April 2007 - 02:09 PM

Most of the beef sh*t is created purposely to boost sales, and have something for the magazines/websites to report on... they've already written the diss tracks before they've even been dissed.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:17 AM

I don't see the problem with beef. What's wrong with an artist attempting to him/herself push themselves into the spotlight? Only when taken to the extreme I think it gets stupid, but when beefs like Everlast (a "rap-country" artist) between Eminem occur, they produce humorous results. The idea of two artists attempting to outdo each other is great, what's wrong with building up sales?

D Jones
  • D Jones

smoked out

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 12:49 PM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 13 2007, 22:17)
I don't see the problem with beef. What's wrong with an artist attempting to him/herself push themselves into the spotlight?

Tupac and Biggie?

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

but over the past 20 years of rap/hip hop there have been many feuds. And thats just the way it is

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (D Jones @ Apr 14 2007, 04:49)
QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 13 2007, 22:17)
I don't see the problem with beef. What's wrong with an artist attempting to him/herself push themselves into the spotlight?

Tupac and Biggie?

They were already at the top of their respective branches when that whole thing surfaced. Ready to Die was critically and commerically received, as well as Tupac's Me Against the World, plus not to mention his previous efforts as an activist and the controversey surrounding his previous works.

And again, they both said it themselves, they media blew the whole thing out of proportion. Regardless of who was telling the truth, the media latched on and created the whole East Coast - West Coast thing. If the media never stepped in, at least to the degree that they did, the entire thing would have taken an entirely different course.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 15 April 2007 - 07:32 PM

Got another request of you hip hopers.

A while ago I cam across this myspace page on it was three songs that you could choose to play. Specifically I like the first and third tune, the name of the song and artist is listed but upon a search for an album or background information I could find nothing on either.

I wonder if what’s listed on the myspace page is wrong information, so if anyone here knows the true name of the songs and the artists that made/sang them I would really appreciate it.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:06 PM

With all the talking about stupid f*cking "beefs" I was reminded that 50 at one point (before being signed on a big record label) was semi-good. He could at least flow and rhyme.

I was a very surprised when I heard that track. And on that note Eminem, Jay-Z, and Fat Joe were all good before... you guessed it, they were put on big labels.

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 16 April 2007 - 10:10 PM

I've been whoring "experimental rap" lately:

Dalek
Why?
Doseone & Boom Bip
cLOUDDEAD
Greenthink
Odd Nosdam
Sole

Okay, maybe I'm just whoring anticon tounge.gif .

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 03:30 PM

Ice Cubes working on a new album called Raw Footage its going to be released in the 3rd quater of 2007

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 18 April 2007 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Apr 18 2007, 07:30)
Ice Cubes working on a new album called Raw Footage its going to be released in the 3rd quater of 2007

Meh, not a fan of Cube's work beyond Lethal Injection. The War & Peace double was decent though, but Laugh Now and Cry Later really just disappointed me. I might check it out, as long as it isn't filled with Lil Jon and Scott Storch-type tracks like his last album.

And about 50 Cent, Power of the Dollar was a good album, IMO anyway. Everyone raves about How to Rob, but really Power of the Dollar is my favorite track. This was before the bullet in his mouth fugged his speech, and you should at least check it out even if you're a complete G-Unot advocate or whatever.

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:02 PM Edited by johnson., 18 April 2007 - 11:05 PM.

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 13 2007, 23:17)
I don't see the problem with beef. What's wrong with an artist attempting to him/herself push themselves into the spotlight? Only when taken to the extreme I think it gets stupid, but when beefs like Everlast (a "rap-country" artist) between Eminem occur, they produce humorous results. The idea of two artists attempting to outdo each other is great, what's wrong with building up sales?

Everlast - Whitey's Revenge

What?
Did I hurt your feelings?
Uh...I'm supposed to be scared now, right?
Yo...I'd like to dedicate this record right here
To Mr. Marshall Mathers' mother, yeah
This one's for your moms

Here come the mighty
One they call Whitey
All you sons of Whitey
Are all dickbiters
So won't that bitch Slim Shady please act up?
Get smacked up, get your eyes blacked up
With your candy-ass name you're a candy-ass rapper
I'll smack you up, shut you off like the Clapper
Whoever said you was raw, son, they lied
I know that sh*t I spit on Dilated hurt your pride
Screamin' on a record how you wish I died
But you don't wanna see me on this physical side
You're just a big tough guy, tryin' to act hard
But you won't walk a lobby without your bodyguard
You ain't pullin' my card, you ain't ridin' the train
Back in the day, kids like you got robbed for they chain
Step to me like a man, with the hands, and get slain
Matter of fact, when you see me, bitch, gimme some brain
Yo, it's like that, we could fight, Jack
Let's put the mics down, you'll catch a beatdown
I get love in New York, got fam in L.A.
And I heard you might be the MC that's gay
With your platinum blonde Caesar, you look like a ho
Like M and M stands for Marilyn Monroe
Talkin' 'bout killin' sprees, you ain't like that, yo
Makin' lots of enemies, but that's all for show
You punk ecstasy junkie, you waste of skills
Stop ridin' my tails, stay high on pills
Yo, I hope you OD, don't come playin' with me
Little bitch, better watch what you're sayin' to me
Talkin' sh*t for shock value, boy, you ain't real
Turned hard the day Dre gave you a record deal
Went and sold your soul for some acid pills
Servin' up that hors d'oeuvre, man, now eat this meal
Instead of worryin' about who you should be dissin'
You need to worry about who your wifey been kissin'
Or if you go to prison while you're doin' your bid
I'll look in on your lady and do things for your kid
Make her write you lots of letters about the things that we did
And send you pictures of me chillin' all up in your crib
That sh*t about Sway n' Tek? That was a fib
First time you met me I showed you love in D.C.
But you were scared like a pussy with your eyes on the floor
While your crew showed me love outside the front door
Talkin' 'bout "Yo, whassup, ain't you Whitey Ford?
I love that song 'What It's Like' and that jam 'Praise the Lord'"
I don't do this for the money, yo, I do it for fun
You may hang around some gangstas, but you ain't one
And you won't be slappin' me with no empty gun
Talkin' 'bout a fag but you a one in drag
And you can't keep your woman from goin' astray
Better run and check your kid for your DNA
I take care of my moms, you get sued by yours
With your corny metaphors about drugs and crack whores
You're a sucker

Word up, real
You wanna talk sh*t with Whitey, come talkin' with the hands, B
I ain't wastin' no more time with you, man, f*ck this,
man, that's it

Ahah ahhhhh man thas good stuff

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 19 April 2007 - 11:51 AM

i thought his laugh now cry later had some good tracks on it why we thugs was a good track so was Chrome And Paint and Spittin Pollaseeds which was a tribute to Eazy Aparently

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 01:02 AM

lol, Everlast. I can't even believe Em even paid attention to the guy, just like ICP. And just like Benzino for that matter...Wow, a lot of pointless-ass disputes Eminem's been a part of, couldn't imagine it was for sales or popularity though... rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, has anyone even listened to a Benzino track? I can't even believe someone would even sell the guy something to record over. Hell, half the people should just be paid to notrecord anymore, that'd be nice. biggrin.gif

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 20 April 2007 - 09:40 AM

ha i know what you mean beanmachine and theres been alot of speculation about whether Suge is shutting down Tha Row when hes already on the way of building it up i mean he had Petey Pablo on the label his albums done nearly. The he has Lakey The Kid whos leading the Eastcoast chapter of the label and hes made an album with Cormega. Then theres another Rapper by the name of Warlord he's also in the process of making the album. So do you think Suge will shut it down?? or keep it up and running because from sounds of it hes got his artists dropping mixtapes now so there getting the coverage they need for it to sell and earn the label money

TahoeMike
  • TahoeMike

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 20 2007, 01:02)
lol, Everlast. I can't even believe Em even paid attention to the guy, just like ICP. And just like Benzino for that matter...Wow, a lot of pointless-ass disputes Eminem's been a part of, couldn't imagine it was for sales or popularity though... rolleyes.gif

Seriously though, has anyone even listened to a Benzino track? I can't even believe someone would even sell the guy something to record over. Hell, half the people should just be paid to notrecord anymore, that'd be nice. biggrin.gif

ICP and Em went way back and they were fueding when Eminem first dropped out Infinite or I think even before in '95. They settled the beef when the late D12 member Proof sat down with them. The reason I believe Eminem did the Everlast beef was that Everlast said something about his daughter. That's when Eminem was in his Slim Shady days and didn't give a crap what people thought of him. Now he's different. The Benzido and JaRule beefs were a waste of time. He could have improved and worked on better materal for the Encore album and let 50 do his own beefs.

QUOTE (The-King)
I was a very surprised when I heard that track. And on that note Eminem, Jay-Z, and Fat Joe were all good before... you guessed it, they were put on big labels.

I think Eminem's first two albums and the first D12 album were good. But after that everything went down hill and he kept and still keeps talking about not being on the lists for the best rappers. I still think that he should have never signed 50.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:17 PM

i agree with you about him signing 50 him and Dre have created a monster. I mean the guy is beefing with everybody and when somebodys dropped from g unit he trys to black ball them in the industry i mean look at Bang Em Smurf and Domination. He tryed to black ball them but they got through it but for other artist it may turn out different.

Cameo
  • Cameo

Al-Naafiysh The Soul

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

First of all hey, this is my first post.

Second, (changing the subject a bit) I think mainstream hip hop today is at it's all time low. 50 Cent wont last much longer on the top, that's positive. His record sales is dropping and many artists are gaining names for themselves. He pretty much lives off the expenses of producing and guest appearing in his G-Unit trays holmes.

Third, is that there have been some pretty good lyricists lately. Immortal Technique can rise to mainstream if he only would sign in a label that would struggle to make him the least of famous.

Fourth is I hope this crunk and Jim Jones/Lil Wayne music is faded within the south florida rap scene.

I think innovation has come to an end and that all the stuff we ever wanted hip hop to be about (instead of rapping inside an escalade, with their infamous new era caps worn) will come back.

Eminem turned the world with his lyrics and flow in 2000, but let's face it. We're all tired of his produced beats.

Discuss if you will.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 06:53 PM

"Spider Loc video shoot interrupted by gunfire..."

Duck & Hide!!!

biggrin.gif

Also, artists like 50 Cent and other big-time air-hoggers on the TV and radio are at one point going to diminish. Rock went through a similiar fashion in the '80s, when for every one great band, there were a dozen crappy, fake impersonations to take their place. I was reading a piece not too long ago that showed evidence that rap listeners, ones that listen to mostly mainstream, are finally getting tired of the crunk/club music that's been pouring out their speakers. After around a half a decade, people are realizing how idotic some of these artists that they're listening to, I can only hope that this does happen; an overtaking of the throne if you will. colgate.gif

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 April 2007 - 09:53 PM

the shootin at Yayo's is most likely either somthin to do with jimmy henchmen or Murder Inc with Spider could be to do with the altercation he had with Big Fa$e 100 and all i can say is its about time i hope this is the Westcoasts year

Cameo
  • Cameo

Al-Naafiysh The Soul

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Apr 21 2007, 21:53)
i hope this is the Westcoasts year

Tupac will get back from the dead this year. And shoot 50 Cent to his grave.

Statutory Ray
  • Statutory Ray

I'm a New World Samurai, and a Redneck Nonetheless

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:38 AM Edited by Statutory Ray, 22 April 2007 - 03:41 AM.

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Apr 19 2007, 20:02)
I can't even believe Em even paid attention to the guy, just like ICP.

Eminem actually dissed ICP before they even knew who the hell he was. Before Eminem was even famous and ICP was big in Detroit, Eminem would pass out fliers for his shows that had a big list of Detroit names that "might show up" to his show, including ICP. After he got famous he went on Howard Sterns show and when asked about them said something about how he used to beat their asses all the time, when really he was just trying to use their name (and every other Detroit rapper's name) to get people to come to his shows.

flitcroft101
  • flitcroft101

wat

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 09:43 AM

Lol, I hear Tony Yayo's mothers house got shot up.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

yes but its most likely retaliation for beating up Jimmy Henchmens 14 year old son. And Cameo i doubt that would happen if he was still alive he would of come back when loyal to the game came out and pac's life because they were crap albums and he'd be pissed off about any artist using his name to make money. But alot of Westcoast artists are in process of working on and finishing albums even rappers we've not seen in years like MC Ren, RBX, MC Ehit, AMG and many more

Cameo
  • Cameo

Al-Naafiysh The Soul

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:12 PM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Apr 22 2007, 10:33)
Cameo i doubt that would happen if he was still alive he would of come back when loyal to the game came out and pac's life because they were crap albums and he'd be pissed off about any artist using his name to make money.

I was joking... hehe. biggrin.gif

Well, thing is, if underground labels and underground artists came through, then we would have a reason to turn on the radio.

Artists like Wu Tang Clan and Jedi Mind Tricks is what I'm talkin bout.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users