Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,920 replies to this topic
beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 05:26 AM

May have been a different Rehab then, not sure.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 24 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

has anybody heard Dre's son Hood Surgeon hes pretty good theres the intro to his new mixtape the family tree 2007 i think its called anyway its the best intro i've ever heard and hes dropping an album which is comin out round about april time

robotripper
  • robotripper

totseianonanotherforum

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:38 PM

Eazy E was classic:)
R.I.P

robotripper
  • robotripper

totseianonanotherforum

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Mar 24 2007, 05:26)

Isn't it detox, or am I confused?

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 26 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

Ok well I downloaded an interview with Rehab and yea Danny Boone has a hick voice because he's from Atlanta, Georgia..so you were probably thinkin' of the right sh*t. But yea man, it's good sh*t. Dunno if any of you guys would like it or not though.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 March 2007 - 04:12 AM

QUOTE (robotripper @ Mar 26 2007, 12:39)
QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Mar 24 2007, 05:26)

Isn't it detox, or am I confused?

Huh? I'm more confused! notify.gif

2pakilla
  • 2pakilla

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:09 PM

man therez 1 rapper dat aint gettin 2 much respect up in diz b**ch: 2pac i mean he wuz da king of rap (HE REALLY WUZ, HIZ LYRICZ R STILL UNDAH STUDY ANYWAY ITZ BEEN VOTED I FORGOT DA SITE)and WTF????BIG?? hez a.....ah leave it i might get banned.....dont mean 2 b trippin but hez respinsibbile 4 2pacz death RIP da greatest rapper da othaz r sum wannabez

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

no he f*ckin wasn;t anything to do with Pacs death if anyones most likely to be involved is Suge Knight and B.I.G was a great artist aswell why do you think round that time rap was at its best round the 90's

mateo83
  • mateo83

Yay Area

• The Connection

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:14 PM

QUOTE (Gantons Most Wanted @ Mar 24 2007, 15:21)
has anybody heard Dre's son Hood Surgeon hes pretty good theres the intro to his new mixtape the family tree 2007 i think its called anyway its the best intro i've ever heard and hes dropping an album which is comin out round about april time

Yah,hes dope.Looks and sounds like Dre.On his myspace theres a pic of him and Lil E (Eazy E's son)...JT The Bigga Figga from out here..the Yay is puttin Hood out...sh*ts slappin from what I heard so far.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 31 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

What's the evidence against Suge? If anything it's more probable Big was involved, possibly the idea of the million dollar contract on Tupac's head, which someone managed to do. Just becaues he was in another city doesn't mean he wasn't a man without connections.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (2pakilla @ Mar 31 2007, 16:09)
man therez 1 rapper dat aint gettin 2 much respect up in diz b**ch: 2pac i mean he wuz da king of rap (HE REALLY WUZ, HIZ LYRICZ R STILL UNDAH STUDY ANYWAY ITZ BEEN VOTED I FORGOT DA SITE)and WTF????BIG?? hez a.....ah leave it i might get banned.....dont mean 2 b trippin but hez respinsibbile 4 2pacz death RIP da greatest rapper da othaz r sum wannabez

Best dead rapper is Big Pun, he kicked Pac and Biggie's asses all over the place in lyrical content and flow (IMO).

mateo83
  • mateo83

Yay Area

• The Connection

Posted 31 March 2007 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (beanmachine43 @ Mar 31 2007, 14:48)
What's the evidence against Suge? If anything it's more probable Big was involved, possibly the idea of the million dollar contract on Tupac's head, which someone managed to do. Just becaues he was in another city doesn't mean he wasn't a man without connections.

What the police were looking at was the car that was involved in the shooting of Big belonged to a ex-cop which was also suge knights homie....i think it was a burgandy impala....

heres the story here.

the story

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:11 AM

I suppose that's decent evidence, surprised I didn't even know about that particular part of the puzzle. Then again, the shooter may have been retaliating from something Suge did, we may never know.

I was just reading through some hip hop sites and noticed that Dre's kid got signed. I think I heard one of his tracks a while back, and he's pretty good, for some kid growing up with the fortunes his father raked in.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 07:16 PM

yeah but Beanmachine Dre's Son didn;t know that Dre was his actual dad until he was about 12 when his mum told him and thats what got him determind to start rappin and hes pretty good his album drops this month and also he might bring the Westcoast back

Joe245
  • Joe245

Snitch

• Members

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:01 PM

My list:
Wu-Tang Clan
Talib Kweli
Mos Def
Common
Big Daddy Kane
KRS-1
Jurassic 5
Jedi Mind Tricks
The Last Emperor

A lot more, but they're generally my favourite.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:01 PM

Nice little list there, I see your into more mainstream, but good, hip-hop, and old school.

I'm probably going to an El-P show up in lawrence on May 10th with a friend, I'm stoked.

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Apr 2 2007, 16:01)
Nice little list there, I see your into more mainstream, but good, hip-hop, and old school.

I'm probably going to an El-P show up in lawrence on May 10th with a friend, I'm stoked.

I despise El-P.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:20 AM

I love El-P, especially the work he's done with Aesop. But to each his own I guess.

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 03 April 2007 - 01:22 AM Edited by JIMMY12, 03 April 2007 - 01:26 AM.

QUOTE (The-King @ Apr 3 2007, 00:20)
I love El-P, especially the work he's done with Aesop. But to each his own I guess.

I've never listened to El-P by himself, but he was in Company Flow, and they were really good. I wouldn't mind seeing him myself. Lawrence, Mass?

mateo83
  • mateo83

Yay Area

• The Connection

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:10 AM

Wu-Tang
E-40
Snoop
First Degree The D.E.
RBX
SugaFree
Haystak
Aceyalone
The Alcoholiks
Lord Finesse
B-Legit
...............................some of the people I listen to.

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 03 April 2007 - 02:44 AM

QUOTE (The-King @ Mar 31 2007, 18:03)
QUOTE (2pakilla @ Mar 31 2007, 16:09)

Best dead rapper is Big Pun, he kicked Pac and Biggie's asses all over the place in lyrical content and flow (IMO).

Ever heard of Big-L?

Another great Rapper who is dead. His style and flow are nothing like Biggie and Tupac

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Big L was the sh*t, his deliveries were top notch.

Shame he died so young. confused.gif

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:34 PM

QUOTE (JIMMY12 @ Apr 2 2007, 20:22)
QUOTE (The-King @ Apr 3 2007, 00:20)

I've never listened to El-P by himself, but he was in Company Flow, and they were really good. I wouldn't mind seeing him myself. Lawrence, Mass?

Lawrence, Kansas. I think there may be a Boston date though.

I forgot about Big L, he was the sh*t.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 April 2007 - 11:00 PM

well the WestCoast could be on its way back up i mean theres quite a few movements that have been started now only to name a few is Hood Surgeons So Hood Records and Techniec's Dynamic Certified group i think we can honestly say that the Western Union conference Snoop held wasn;t a waste of time plus alot of mixtapes have been dropping aswell even artists like RBX have started to re-surface after a few years because him and MC Ren are forming a rap group i mean we might acctually see some good albums this year but one artist from the west who is a lil bit of a sell outs probably Daz cos his last solo album was complete garbage but then again when jermaine dupri is doing quite alot of the production theres no suprise there

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:49 AM

I just picked up Dogg Chit, Dogg Pound's new album. It was actually surprisingly good, very reminiscent of the '90s with the beats and all. Not a huge fan of Daz, but Kurupt managed to hold it together really. Plus, "Blast On'm" was a great collab. with Brotha Lynch, great song too.

Not a classic, but pretty solid.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 07 April 2007 - 01:48 PM

its not that i hate Daz its the fact his beats are too crunk and his last solo album was crap there wasn;t anything solid on it one of the tracks i liked on Dogg Chit was Blaze It Up it Had Dresta and B.G Knocc Out on it and an appearence from Jayo Felony but it is good to see theres alot more unity on the Westcoast but i'm still a lil shocked that Suge might shut down Death Row nearly 20 years of history on that label but if alot of the artists that drop can get up into the mainstream then it should have everyone steppin up there game instead of sellin out

NARFALICIOUS
  • NARFALICIOUS

Emulated Member

• Members

Posted 08 April 2007 - 04:15 PM

Common, Kanye?? biggrin.gif

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 April 2007 - 06:28 PM

f*ck Kanye.

In other news...

Canibus' Myspace page is calling the album "Classic hardcore Canibus in the vein of Mic Club the Curriculum and Rip the Jacker[2]. The album is said to have 17 tracks, with the only confirmed track being the third installment in Canibus' "Poet Laureate" series, "Poet Laureate Infinity", produced by DJ Premier. According to Canibus, the track has 1,000 bars, in the form of five 200 bar verses, and is layered in such a way that "when you mix it and spread it throughout five channels, [you have the ability] to mix the track differently every time." [3]

Oh, yes.

The-King
  • The-King

[Rekt Intensifies]

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 08 April 2007 - 08:20 PM

Sounds dope as hell, might give me a reason to pick up a new CD.

In other news my Hiero' avatar looks dope.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:14 PM

i was reading through the interviews on DUBCnn last night and there really is alot of good Artists interviewed who we've not seen for years or up coming like i was reading interviews with The D.O.C. and Bishop Lamont and they pretty humble and not assholes but i've gotta be honest some artists from tha West are just been arkward like The Game is picking fights with random artists now on his own coast he should get in the studio with them and make some good tracks instead of cutting himself off because i looked back at when there was alot of hype about him and his old mixtapes they were good but thing is i don't mind his feud with g unit because lets face it they have had it comin and hes caused them to lose fans but still hes a lil rash bout things n it ain't right

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users