Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

10,637 replies to this topic
xInitial D
  • xInitial D

Turbocharged

• Members
  • None

Posted 16 December 2013 - 05:58 PM Edited by xInitial D, 16 December 2013 - 05:59 PM.

If you really know Hip Hop, you should know about this.

Raw V

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry-cjGg1ISs

Pete Rock - Comprehend FT. Papoose

This song has spawned other tracks such as 76 by Roc Marciano, and Throw Down by Styles P.... some of my fav rappers. I dont f*ck with radio/new wack/bitch sh*t... only real stuff.

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 10:06 PM

lol @ if u really know hip-hop and" . I dont f*ck with radio/new wack/bitch sh*t... only real stuff."

i'd much rather chill around some nigga that bumps nothing but big sean and ace hood than some bitter elitist that probably rides around bumping papoose and jedi mind tricks lol

but yeah czarface was a nice lil project. never cared for inspectah deck or masta killa but this was a nice album and I guess it can be considered my first 7L and Esoteric album as well, but I probably wont check out their other stuff considering ive never cared for the boston scene. Was cool to see eXquire and Bronson on that album.

Roc is f*cking tight, love that dudes music, i still haven't checked his new album tho.

spent my whole day off just listening to some mf doom and quasimoto. gotta love those lazy days.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

French Inhale

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 17 December 2013 - 09:19 AM

If you really know Hip Hop, you should know about this.

Inspectah Deck is one of the most underrated. His work in the Wu-Tang is crazy and is probably one of the best to come out the Wu but yeah, that's dope man.

I Hate CACs, I would rather hang with somebody that bumps good music tbh.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 12:50 PM Edited by F4L?, 17 December 2013 - 12:53 PM.

Saw Hopsin Live on Saturday, My mates woke me up at 10 with a phone call Saturday morning, asked if I wanted to come for a road trip to Sydney (3.5 hour drive) to see Hopsin, I dried my clothes as fast as possible, Ironed up a shirt and bounced, the show started around 6ish with a few underground artists hitting it up first, and then Hopsin came on, I worked my way up the front row, he crowd surfed me, high fived a few times, it was pretty rad. His show was pretty funny, shamed the f*ck out of people who snuck on stage, had a lunch time cypher, it was heaps mad.

Classic Aussies kept chanting "Suck his dick, suck his dick" when this chick came on stage haha it was funny as. And then the guy next to me was telling Hopsin he'd suck his dick hahaha!

Discovered this group while I we were watching pre-show Soul Benefits, some of their tracks are shaky, but their first track is good, getting through the rest now, they're touring, 3k likes on FB
http://soulbenefits....mp.com/releases

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM Edited by I Hate CACs, 17 December 2013 - 05:06 PM.

u ride around listening to immortal technique? loll

Saw Hopsin Live on Saturday, My mates woke me up at 10 with a phone call Saturday morning, asked if I wanted to come for a road trip to Sydney (3.5 hour drive) to see Hopsin, I dried my clothes as fast as possible, Ironed up a shirt and bounced, the show started around 6ish with a few underground artists hitting it up first, and then Hopsin came on, I worked my way up the front row, he crowd surfed me, high fived a few times, it was pretty rad. His show was pretty funny, shamed the f*ck out of people who snuck on stage, had a lunch time cypher, it was heaps mad.

Classic Aussies kept chanting "Suck his dick, suck his dick" when this chick came on stage haha it was funny as. And then the guy next to me was telling Hopsin he'd suck his dick hahaha!

Discovered this group while I we were watching pre-show Soul Benefits, some of their tracks are shaky, but their first track is good, getting through the rest now, they're touring, 3k likes on FB

scusthov.gif white ppl

• Harley, Finn 7 five 11 and RoadRunner71 like this

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

French Inhale

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 17 December 2013 - 06:00 PM

Nah I'm not a big fan of Immortal Technique. What I meant is what I think is good music may differ to you and it does, I'm not too big on Big Sean,and Ace hood so I wouldn't listen to them.

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 17 December 2013 - 07:18 PM

Nah I'm not a big fan of Immortal Technique. What I meant is what I think is good music may differ to you and it does, I'm not too big on Big Sean,and Ace hood so I wouldn't listen to them.

I dont listen to any of those rappers either im just saying listening to them is better than strictly listening to hating ass bitter rappers

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 18 December 2013 - 12:20 AM

scusthov.gif white ppl

Yeah Hopsin was talking to him and like "Duuude, you on on crack? I ain't sucking nobodies dick and ain't nobody sucking mine."

• I Hate CACs likes this

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

never cared for inspectah deck

I believe you haven't been listening to the right inspectah deck...

2nd verse @ 2:15

Last verse @ 2:30

...two of the best verses in the entire art form.  I respect opinions though.  I f*cks with Czarface too though.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:28 PM Edited by Glenn., 18 December 2013 - 08:28 PM.

Going see Danny Brown then Earl Sweatshirt next year can't wait. I'm going reading so im hopping theirs going be some rappers on the line up, otherwise im going to have a fun time anyway.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

French Inhale

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 18 December 2013 - 08:56 PM Edited by Tommy., 18 December 2013 - 08:57 PM.

...two of the best verses in the entire art form.  I respect opinions though.  I f*cks with Czarface too though.

Brilliant stuff. What about his opening on Protect ya' Neck, Da Mystery of Chessboxin' and Triumph? Some of the greatest verses ever. INS is a legend and probably the most consistent out the Wu.

• Finn 7 five 11 likes this

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 18 December 2013 - 09:49 PM

I dont get off on lyricism

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:46 AM

So you only care about beats?  I don't see any other use to a poet/rapper if they aren't lyricists.  The producers do everything else (the bulk of the work with radio sh*t nowadays).

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 21 December 2013 - 12:06 AM

Sing about me, part one. :)

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

Welcome to the real North Korea

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 01:42 AM

I love how you constantly hate on what everyone else listens to while you listen to garbage like sh*tset.

You're a funny guy, homeslice  :lol:

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by I Hate CACs, 22 December 2013 - 04:48 AM.

I love how you constantly hate on what everyone else listens to while you listen to garbage like sh*tset.

You're a funny guy, homeslice  :lol:

Dipset > Em

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:41 AM Edited by I Hate CACs, 22 December 2013 - 04:47 AM.

So you only care about beats?  I don't see any other use to a poet/rapper if they aren't lyricists.  The producers do everything else (the bulk of the work with radio sh*t nowadays).

You're acting as if a rapper's charisma + flow + voice have nothing to do with it either though.  All of these bitter ass underground rappers who are upset (and broke lol) because pretty much everyone who is signed to a major label and making money isn't a lyricist. If Kendrick Lamar can make sh*t you can enjoy with your friends and can make a serious song you can bob your head to at the same time then I don't see why the rest of these salty irrelevant fa**ots cant do it either. Lupe did it too, although I've never cared for him.

Elitist attitudes are disgusting. Like I don't understand how someone can exclusively listen to that kind of sh*t.

Theres a good handful of lyrical rappers I enjoy but I cannot listen to some annoying ass rapper that is always butthurt about some sh*t. I don't have a problem with 90s rap or lyrical sh*t but I have a problem with elitist rappers/fans. When people act like there are no good modern day rappers I just act like there are no good 90s rappers just so they can get an idea of how annoying that type of sh*t is. It's blasphemous to say there no good 90s rappers right? It's also blasphemous to act like nothing from today is good either.

I'm not gonna act like there ISN'T a bunch of sh*tty day modern day rappers. I f*cking hate French Montana, Wale, Meek Mill, Machinegunkelly, Tyga, Macklemore, Wiz, post-Carter 3 Wayne etc but at the same time there is still tons of modern day sh*t that I really enjoy and definitely hold above the tier of rappers I just named.

Im just tryna see if yall can sorta understand how I feel bout this whole subject but hey its not like yall really gotta care or anything because Imma just act the same way back 

I'm not about to chill with my girlfriend and ride around listening to f*cking Immortal Technique or Tech N9ne lmao. I'm not going to listen to Cappadonna or Salt N Pepa when I'm working out. I'm not about to play U-God at a party.

tldr version: f*ck u

• Lil ski likes this

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 04:50 AM

35aq02.jpg

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 22 December 2013 - 05:05 AM Edited by I Hate CACs, 22 December 2013 - 05:05 AM.

white ppl1385691_10153285408370072_1758235591_n.j

Human

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:44 AM

I was never really a fan or OG of rap and hip-hop, but by far my favorite artists of this genre have to be Dan Bull and George Watsky. #subconsciousracism  BTW i'm not actually racist....  

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

French Inhale

• The Yardies
  • Netherlands

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:33 AM

I'm not about to chill with my girlfriend and ride around listening to f*cking Immortal Technique or Tech N9ne lmao. I'm not going to listen to Cappadonna or Salt N Pepa when I'm working out. I'm not about to play U-God at a party

Why not? I've heard stranger music at parties. I always pop on my Wu-Tang collection whenever I'm with friends. It's the music I adore so I play it. 

W3BB13
  • W3BB13

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 22 December 2013 - 11:58 AM

Niggas-Be-Like-f*ck-dat-niggaz-just-be-s

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

Boards Of Canada

• The Precinct
  • None
  • Best Poster [Music] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Music] 2013
    Best Contributor [Music] 2012

Posted 23 December 2013 - 03:35 PM

So Lord Infamous of Three 6 Mafia has passed at the young age of 40.

http://www.hiphopdx....ous-passes-away

Triple Vacuum Seal
  • Triple Vacuum Seal

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 24 December 2013 - 07:35 AM Edited by Triple Vacuum Seal, 24 December 2013 - 07:46 AM.

You're acting as if a rapper's charisma + flow + voice have nothing to do with it either though.  All of these bitter ass underground rappers who are upset (and broke lol) because pretty much everyone who is signed to a major label and making money isn't a lyricist. If Kendrick Lamar can make sh*t you can enjoy with your friends and can make a serious song you can bob your head to at the same time then I don't see why the rest of these salty irrelevant fa**ots cant do it either. Lupe did it too, although I've never cared for him.

Elitist attitudes are disgusting. Like I don't understand how someone can exclusively listen to that kind of sh*t.

Theres a good handful of lyrical rappers I enjoy but I cannot listen to some annoying ass rapper that is always butthurt about some sh*t. I don't have a problem with 90s rap or lyrical sh*t but I have a problem with elitist rappers/fans. When people act like there are no good modern day rappers I just act like there are no good 90s rappers just so they can get an idea of how annoying that type of sh*t is. It's blasphemous to say there no good 90s rappers right? It's also blasphemous to act like nothing from today is good either.

I'm not gonna act like there ISN'T a bunch of sh*tty day modern day rappers. I f*cking hate French Montana, Wale, Meek Mill, Machinegunkelly, Tyga, Macklemore, Wiz, post-Carter 3 Wayne etc but at the same time there is still tons of modern day sh*t that I really enjoy and definitely hold above the tier of rappers I just named.

Im just tryna see if yall can sorta understand how I feel bout this whole subject but hey its not like yall really gotta care or anything because Imma just act the same way back 

I'm not about to chill with my girlfriend and ride around listening to f*cking Immortal Technique or Tech N9ne lmao. I'm not going to listen to Cappadonna or Salt N Pepa when I'm working out. I'm not about to play U-God at a party.

"Charisma + Flow + VOICE?" :lol: I'll admit that all of these factors are relevant when it comes to overall showmanship but are you tryna f*ck these rappers or listen to their music?  I ain't no f*ckin' groopie.  I listen to music I can relate to; and to be frank, charisma, flow, and voice don't make me relate to a rapper any better.

Your post is 99% assumptions.  I never said modern rappers suck.  In fact, I hate many of the same rappers you do judging from your post (especially Immortal Technique).  If for some reason you don't care about lyrical talents in the realm of poetry then you should've left it that.

You also seem to think that getting signed and making money means sh*t when it really doesn't.  The vast majority of signed rappers (good or bad) peak with their debut album.  There is a rather basic element to human nature you are missing here....people go the hardest when they're hungry.  This reality extends beyond rap.  It applies to sports, politics, courtship, or any rewarding form of competition for that matter.  So excuse some of us hip hop heads and music fiends for venturing into the underground/new comer crowd for the good stuff.

You paint me as the typical elitist music snob who we all-too-often encounter here in the online music community when I haven't dissed those who listened to mainstream music once in this entire thread.  You know why I'm one of the few folks who doesn't snob on underground rap and deride signed artist for not trying?  Because I don't blame these rappers for not trying after getting rich.  I would do the same thing.  Hell it's not like I pay for music anyway.  Take your meds kid.  You're getting way too offensive.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 24 December 2013 - 02:07 PM Edited by Glenn., 24 December 2013 - 02:07 PM.

Whats the problem here? 

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:04 PM Edited by I Hate CACs, 24 December 2013 - 10:48 PM.

ignore this post

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:44 PM

"Charisma + Flow + VOICE?" :lol: I'll admit that all of these factors are relevant when it comes to overall showmanship but are you tryna f*ck these rappers or listen to their music?  I ain't no f*ckin' groopie.  I listen to music I can relate to; and to be frank, charisma, flow, and voice don't make me relate to a rapper any better.

Your post is 99% assumptions.  I never said modern rappers suck.  In fact, I hate many of the same rappers you do judging from your post (especially Immortal Technique).  If for some reason you don't care about lyrical talents in the realm of poetry then you should've left it that.

You also seem to think that getting signed and making money means sh*t when it really doesn't.  The vast majority of signed rappers (good or bad) peak with their debut album.  There is a rather basic element to human nature you are missing here....people go the hardest when they're hungry.  This reality extends beyond rap.  It applies to sports, politics, courtship, or any rewarding form of competition for that matter.  So excuse some of us hip hop heads and music fiends for venturing into the underground/new comer crowd for the good stuff.

You paint me as the typical elitist music snob who we all-too-often encounter here in the online music community when I haven't dissed those who listened to mainstream music once in this entire thread.  You know why I'm one of the few folks who doesn't snob on underground rap and deride signed artist for not trying?  Because I don't blame these rappers for not trying after getting rich.  I would do the same thing.  Hell it's not like I pay for music anyway.  Take your meds kid.  You're getting way too offensive.

You know what man, it's Christmas, I don't feel like typing another long ass rant, so I'll gracefully take the L and admit you bring up a lot of valid points and that I'm a pretty arrogant person about this type of sh*t sometimes, and I'm definitely not no music snob, like I said, it's all because of the elitism that I was picking up on.

But cmon nigga, don't tell me you never came across a rapper you thought was tight but also thought "Damn I cant get over this dudes annoying ass voice"?

Jay-Z coasted on his charisma for a long time as well but most people feel the need to hate on the jigga man these days so I'm not sure that was the best example.

So Lord Infamous of Three 6 Mafia has passed at the young age of 40.

http://www.hiphopdx....ous-passes-away

R.I.P. Lord Infamous

Dude was definitely one of the better rappers of the group. Mystic Stylez and Chpt 1 are some of my favorite albums from Three 6 and it's a shame that he died just as they were getting Da Mafia 6ix going as well. He'll definitely be missed.

I Hate CACs
  • I Hate CACs

#1 GTA Forums Member

• Members

Posted 24 December 2013 - 10:50 PM Edited by I Hate CACs, 24 December 2013 - 11:01 PM.

Niggas-Be-Like-f*ck-dat-niggaz-just-be-s

racist

Kippers
  • Kippers

私は目上です!

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:40 AM Edited by Kippers, 25 December 2013 - 12:43 AM.

Merry Christmas, all! This is also coincidentally my 16,000th post.

Eazy E - Merry Muthaphuckkin' Xmas

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdSmzS1Fklk

Throw in any other 'rappers doing Christmas songs' that I probably missed/don't know of

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Homeboy

• Members
  • France

Posted 25 December 2013 - 12:09 PM

Merry Christmas.

• Kippers likes this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users