Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,602 replies to this topic
ryuclan
  • ryuclan

Maybe I'll Stay awhile

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 11 September 2013 - 02:35 AM

Apparently this song is in GTA V. Bit weak when compared to other Tyler's work.

Yeah, as overplayed as it is, I would have loved to drive through the countryside listening to Yonkers.

Jur1zz
  • Jur1zz

Playa

• Members

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:17 PM

I love Sam B's songs from Dead Island games

Wanted more songs from him so i did some research, and this is what i found

He is J7 D'Star

Songs:

Year 2007
KU - Keep Callin (Feat. J7 D'Star and J-Luv)

Year 2008
Transcenders feat. J7 D'Star - Animal Instincts

Year 2011
Sam B - Who do you Voodoo, Bitch

Year 2012
B Dot feat. J7 D'Star - No Love (Prod. Remi Desroques)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6iVoUMkstE

Sam B - No Room In Hell (feat. Chamillionaire)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsPAYAmmqnQ

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

This song is stuck in my head. It's so good and  relaxing to listen to:

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 12 September 2013 - 05:15 PM

Not sure if ya'll are in to this type of hip hop, but a favorite group of mine released their long-awaited mixtape yesterday.

Flatbush_ZOMBiES_Betteroffdead-front-lar

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xp4wPqKo2JY

^One of my favorites off of the project.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:49 AM

So is Schoolboy Q actually gonna release his album or what? Been talking it up for 9 months now saying how amazing it is and that's it's finished. Now I got love for Q but either release that sh*t or shut up.

gta5locknloaded
  • gta5locknloaded

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:54 AM

So is Schoolboy Q actually gonna release his album or what? Been talking it up for 9 months now saying how amazing it is and that's it's finished. Now I got love for Q but either release that sh*t or shut up.

I concur. I'm sick of hearing what to expect and who will be on the album. He claims "sample clearances", but I think it's more than that. Some folks are suggesting his album won't drop till next year, not sure much weight we should put in that.. Very difficult/frustrating thing. I wanted to play this album while playing GTA.. oh well

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 01:55 AM

Drake's pre-order bonus song leaked, bonus as in you get it when you pre-order - not that it's a bonus addition to the tracklist.

Here's a link to stream it, as I don't want to risk being warned for posting a download link:

Drake - Wu-Tang Forever (prod, 40)

http://www.2dopeboyz...u-tang-forever/

Pretty dope song, however I don't realize at all why it would be called Wu-Tang Forever. 

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 13 September 2013 - 08:58 AM

I concur. I'm sick of hearing what to expect and who will be on the album. He claims "sample clearances", but I think it's more than that. Some folks are suggesting his album won't drop till next year, not sure much weight we should put in that.. Very difficult/frustrating thing. I wanted to play this album while playing GTA.. oh well

I've been hearing it ain't releasing at all but if that's the case, then he just needs to keep quiet. I was looking forward to banging the album out over the summer since Habits and Contradictions was so good. Q's got great potential but I think he believes the hype about himself too much. Needs to have an attitude like Kendrick.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 13 September 2013 - 12:31 PM

Pusha's been struggling to get his album out the gates as well. That mix-tape of his seems like it came out years ago. 

It's a little worrying that the hype is going to disappear before they're released, and they won't do nearly as well as they should do. 

gta5locknloaded
  • gta5locknloaded

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by gta5locknloaded, 14 September 2013 - 12:10 AM.

Drake's pre-order bonus song leaked, bonus as in you get it when you pre-order - not that it's a bonus addition to the tracklist.

Here's a link to stream it, as I don't want to risk being warned for posting a download link:

Pretty dope song, however I don't realize at all why it would be called Wu-Tang Forever. 

He's a fan of Wu-tang, so I guess he see it as a little tribute song. Also, seeing as "it's yourz" was one of Wu's best songs off the Wu Tang Forever album. :music:

http://neonlimelight...ang-forever.jpg

I honestly don't like the song much, I was hoping for some full rap. Not singing.

schuy
  • schuy

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 14 September 2013 - 02:04 AM

He's a fan of Wu-tang, so I guess he see it as a little tribute song. Also, seeing as "it's yourz" was one of Wu's best songs off the Wu Tang Forever album. :music:

http://neonlimelight...ang-forever.jpg

I honestly don't like the song much, I was hoping for some full rap. Not singing.

I knew about the 'It's Yourz' song, I just completely forgot that it was off of that specific album, which I guess could be considered a clever little reference. But like you said, I was expecting some actual spitting, not the usual singing and girl talk. But I still dug it. To be honest though, it's kind of lowered my expectations of the album; I didn't like SFTB, the 'Hold On' song was kind of cool but not my usual style, 'All Me' was accompanied by two weak feature verses and now this. It's not looking better than Take Care, in my opinion.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 September 2013 - 10:14 AM Edited by kippers., 14 September 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Inspectah Deck isn't happy about it

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 September 2013 - 01:51 AM

Pritty much wanted Schoolboy in GTA. 

Not really following the Drake thing atm. But yeah I think the soundtrack is going to be excellent to blast purple wearing gangsters in LS!

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:39 PM Edited by FunkyChunky, 27 September 2013 - 02:40 PM.

Pritty much wanted Schoolboy in GTA. 

I was hoping to hear Q too, seeing as Jay Rock, Kendrick and Soul got onto the radio. HE AINT EATIN'.

• Tyler likes this

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ha ha they are such a family, which is probably hard to find between rappers in the industry these days.

I wonder if they'll add him in for DLC/ Extended story lines?

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM Edited by kippers., 28 September 2013 - 04:15 PM.

Agreed, very odd to see everyone from Black Hippy on there excluding Q. 

Anyone liking Pusha T's 'King Push' single? I'm digging it. 

Album has promise. 

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 28 September 2013 - 07:06 PM

Agreed, very odd to see everyone from Black Hippy on there excluding Q. 

Anyone liking Pusha T's 'King Push' single? I'm digging it. 

Album has promise. 

That beat is f*cking fantastic. Album is going to be great, but I feel I've heard too much of it already. Also the fact that beat was produced by Joaquin Phoenix (?!) and Ye is dope.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 September 2013 - 09:16 PM

I'm loving the new Pusha, however, the Flatbrush Zombies have kept me busy lately, I mean, damn, they really went all out this time. I'm going to see Jay Z next weekend, then I'll have to go fetch tickets for J.Cole :)

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I see nothing but good things for you my boy.

• Members
  • India

Posted 02 October 2013 - 08:45 AM

I love his voice and the tune is fantastic. It fits the song perfectly.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:01 AM Edited by kippers., 02 October 2013 - 11:02 AM.

808's was the last Kanye album I enjoyed through and through. Jeezy's entrance on this song is a certain highlight. That small build up gives me an eargasm every time.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 03 October 2013 - 09:09 PM Edited by Pr00f, 03 October 2013 - 09:09 PM.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 04 October 2013 - 01:31 PM

One of the latest TDE artists. I personally love this song. Whats everyone else think? I haven't heard him being mentioned so far.

blvckkk
  • blvckkk

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 01:29 AM Edited by blvckkk, 07 October 2013 - 01:30 AM.

iin

anyone hear listen to OF?

edit: just looked above lol, nice

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 07 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

Jay Z was crazy last night! He did like 5 extra songs, and he had three Irish Flags up on stage. Timbalad was great as well, I loved when he was beat boxing and mixing up the beat. Their was so much people out of their face on E, it was worse than I expected. But the concert was amazing. Anyone who's going to the magma carter shows won't be let down, the music is always well better when its live and Jay is working the crowd.

Gilligan
  • Gilligan

Midnight Toker

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • None

Posted 07 October 2013 - 12:12 PM

Started getting into Kendrick Lamar and A$AP a lot more recently. Even gone so far as downloading some albums to throw on my iPod. Getting with the times!

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 October 2013 - 04:05 PM Edited by kippers., 08 October 2013 - 04:10 PM.

LL Cool J performs at Colby College, Maine in 1985. 

http://www.youtube.c...qQ0rLY-Qo#t=855

This has to be one of my favourite hip hop related videos at the moment. This was 5 months before Radio dropped and the crowd is less than enthusiastic. It's nice to see a glimpse of a superstar rapper struggling in front of an majority audience who clearly don't give a damn, or can't related to the new fandangled 'hip hop' music.

Little did they know what they were watching the birth of, of course. He sounds amazing, but that audience is probably enough to put a lot of artists off the dream. Good job it didn't.

(The lil breakdancing session that goes down @ 22 minutes is awesome)

ED: Why's the YT video not showing up. I've tried both with and without tags.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Power

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 09 October 2013 - 06:49 AM Edited by Tommy., 09 October 2013 - 06:50 AM.

I love his voice and the tune is fantastic. It fits the song perfectly.

Let me just say that this is terrible.

http://www.mtv.com/n...g-forever.jhtml

Sounds lilke the Wu-Tang and Drake track is definitely getting done. Being the massive Wu fan I am, I can say I'm pretty disappointed that this is being done. Firstly, the Wu-Tang Forever track by Drake is awful. It's good that Drake is supporting Wu but you shouldn't mix a Cash Money artist with probably the greatest hip-hop group of all time. Plus Drake is wack.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:49 PM Edited by kippers., 11 October 2013 - 12:07 AM.

The MMLP2 tracklist has dropped: 

Bad Guy

Parking Lot [SKIT]

Rhyme or Reason

So Much Better

Survival

Legacy

Asshole Ft. Skylar Grey

Bezerk

Rap God

Brainless

Stronger Than I Was

The Monster Ft. Rihanna

So Far...

Love Game Ft. Kendrick Lamar

Headlights Ft. Nate Ruess

Evil Twin

A few things: 

1. Holy sh*t a Kendrick feature! After Kendrick promising that they didn't record anything when they were in the studio together, I had a feeling that wasn't true, so that'll be cool. (Also the only rap guest)

2. A skit! But no inclusion of a Public Service Announcement/Ken Kaniff/Paul or Steve skit, which initially appears odd considering the decision to bring them back on a sequel album.

3. No Dr. Dre feature for the second album running. (Also somewhat surprisingly, no 50 Cent/Slaughterhouse/Royce/Yelawolf - and to a much lesser extent D12 - features to be seen)

4. Any of those features could become a single

5 What will Kanye think of 'Rap God'  :beerhat:

6 A 'Bitch Please Part III' would have been quality!

My thought is that some may be worried this track list doesn't feel reminiscent to MMLP at all. I don't mean that as expecting 'Stan Pt II', but I expect a lot of people will want the tone of the original to be matched and, without hearing the songs, those names and features perhaps won't do that immediately.

It'll be interesting.

dreaded_verse
  • dreaded_verse

Dreadhead

• Members
  • None

Posted 11 October 2013 - 12:11 AM

So who's on that Dreamchasers 3 ?  

OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN
  • OFWGKTADGAFLLBBLSBFBN

F*ck Odd Future

• BUSTED!

Posted 13 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

The MMLP2 tracklist has dropped: 

Bad Guy

Parking Lot [SKIT]

Rhyme or Reason

So Much Better

Survival

Legacy

Asshole Ft. Skylar Grey

Bezerk

Rap God

Brainless

Stronger Than I Was

The Monster Ft. Rihanna

So Far...

Love Game Ft. Kendrick Lamar

Headlights Ft. Nate Ruess

Evil Twin

A few things: 

1. Holy sh*t a Kendrick feature! After Kendrick promising that they didn't record anything when they were in the studio together, I had a feeling that wasn't true, so that'll be cool. (Also the only rap guest)

2. A skit! But no inclusion of a Public Service Announcement/Ken Kaniff/Paul or Steve skit, which initially appears odd considering the decision to bring them back on a sequel album.

3. No Dr. Dre feature for the second album running. (Also somewhat surprisingly, no 50 Cent/Slaughterhouse/Royce/Yelawolf - and to a much lesser extent D12 - features to be seen)

4. Any of those features could become a single

5 What will Kanye think of 'Rap God'  :beerhat:

6 A 'Bitch Please Part III' would have been quality!

My thought is that some may be worried this track list doesn't feel reminiscent to MMLP at all. I don't mean that as expecting 'Stan Pt II', but I expect a lot of people will want the tone of the original to be matched and, without hearing the songs, those names and features perhaps won't do that immediately.

It'll be interesting.

I hope that song with Rihanna isn't like LTWYL, I hated it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users