9,668 replies to this topic
Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:10 AM

Guess who's back? MMLP2 drops on November 5th!

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:30 AM

This album seems good so far, i was kind of losing hope after Recovery and Bad Meets Evil. looking forward to this one though.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2013 - 01:46 PM Edited by kippers., 26 August 2013 - 07:17 PM.

Interesting. I thought Bad Meets Evil was more going in the right direction - in terms of him simply having some fun again - which is the direction 'MMLP2'* seems to be going as well.

Survival's good (I watched him perform it at Reading on Saturday, and I think I was the only one who knew the words blush.gif ) 'Berzerk' sounds even better. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's release.

ED2: @Adam - He had brown hair at Reading on Saturday so it's definitely not a permanent thing this time round (yet?)

*A ballsy f*cking move.

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:11 PM

THE HAIR IS BACK AHAHA

submerge
  • submerge

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 08:10)

NAS WILL ROCK

Dead Players' album is out now...

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:01 PM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 14:46)
Survival's good (I watched him perform it at Reading on Saturday, and I think I was the only one who knew the words blush.gif ) 'Berzerk' sounds even better. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's release.

I went to Glasgow last Tuesday to see Eminem, Kendrick, Odd Future, Yelawolf and Chance the Rapper. It was awesome!

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 26 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

This is coming out tomorrow?

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 August 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by kippers., 26 August 2013 - 07:33 PM.

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:01)
Survival's good (I watched him perform it at Reading on Saturday, and I think I was the only one who knew the words  blush.gif ) 'Berzerk' sounds even better. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's release.

I went to Glasgow last Tuesday to see Eminem, Kendrick, Odd Future, Yelawolf and Chance the Rapper. It was awesome!

That sounds like a dream line-up to me. How was the Kendrick set as you were seeing him closer to the hype around his 'Control' verse?

Earlwolf were at Reading, but they clashed with someone else. Em gave a shout out to Action Bronson and Chance the Rapper because they were there somewhere. Got to see Dido for Stan - which is the way it should always be performed.

@Submerge: I hadn't seen that Beasties video. Cool homage for sure.
@Proof: You should know when your best friend's music is dropping! tounge.gif lol. Yeah that single is coming tomorrow.

vidusmonster
  • vidusmonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

Ye I was really amazed when I saw MMLP2. I just can't wait.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

MUFC

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:34 PM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 20:28)
QUOTE (Tommy. @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 17:01)
Survival's good (I watched him perform it at Reading on Saturday, and I think I was the only one who knew the words  blush.gif ) 'Berzerk' sounds even better. Eagerly awaiting tomorrow's release.

That sounds like a dream line-up to me. How was the Kendrick set as you were seeing him closer to the hype around his 'Control' verse?

Kendrick was really good. He did a sick freestyle at the end which was just 'wow' He also seemed to be a bit pissed off but I'm not surprised if he was because of all the sh*t about his control verse.

Tyler, Earl, Jasper and Taco were just f*cking hilarious. Yelawolf was great and I'm still amazed by how fast that dude can spit. Chance the Rapper was cool.

Can't wait for 'Berzerk' What time is it dropping?

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:25 AM

Berzerk

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 08:22 AM Edited by kippers., 27 August 2013 - 08:27 AM.

That song certainly is Berzerk. Is the video dropping today as well?

No one can say that he's still on a Recovery vibe, and even Survival sounded different. I was afraid he was going to stick with the 'Anthemic' 1st single because of how popular Not Afraid became, but it's a relief to see the 'Fun' 1st single back with so many homages to older rap, which in turn makes it sound completely different from anything on the Radio (When was the last time that much scratching was heard on a radio single?)

Good move, Em. I hope it works out in the general public.

GTAking33
  • GTAking33

GTA Veteran

• Angels of Death MC
  • United-States

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

I wasn't sure what to think about Berzerk at first but it's growing on me now. I'm interested in what the rest of the album sounds like after hearing the contrast between Survival and Berzerk. I don't know when the video is dropping but I'm sure it will be very soon. Berzerk is on iTunes now by the way.

vidusmonster
  • vidusmonster

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:26 PM

I liked Berzerk, but it doesn't really sound like old times Slim. Anyways, I would like to hear your opinion on my remix. It's my first remix so don't be harsh :3

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:23 PM Edited by ExtremeLimitations, 27 August 2013 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 16:22)

No one can say that he's still on a Recovery vibe, and even Survival sounded different. I was afraid he was going to stick with the 'Anthemic' 1st single because of how popular Not Afraid became, but it's a relief to see the 'Fun' 1st single back with so many homages to older rap, which in turn makes it sound completely different from anything on the Radio (When was the last time that much scratching was heard on a radio single?)

Oh god, that song has indeed quality. Though it doesn't reminisce back the old times of Stan and his other famous singles, this song has put up itself better than ever. F*ck yeah Eminem, your awesome.

Empty World
  • Empty World

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Mars

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:04 PM

It's old school, but something new and it definitely sounds like a sequel to Marshall Mathers LP.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:10 PM Edited by kippers., 27 August 2013 - 04:12 PM.

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 15:23)

Oh god, that song has indeed quality. Though it doesn't reminisce back the old times of Stan and his other famous singles, this song has put up itself better than ever. F*ck yeah Eminem, your awesome.

I wonder if the decision to make a sequel to MMLP will bring about a new chapter for Stan? He must be one of the shortest lived fictional characters in hip hop? I've always made the playful assumption that the Stan mentioned in Guilty Conscience is the same crazed Stan who killed himself. Or would Em ever dare touch - or potentially tarnish - a concept that on it's own has managed to create an entire sub-catagory of fan throughout the entire genre, regardless the artist.

Vormek
  • Vormek

I am not in danger. I AM the danger!

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

Hey guys! I'm a big fan of rap music and late 80s and 90s are my favorite eras of hip hop. I made a YouTube video a while ago about my top ten favorite rap beats. The link is in my signature and I hope y'all will like my list. Planning on making a top 25 list but can't get my ass around to make it. But soon enough I will. If you can give me a few recommendations for some beats, holla at me.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 28 August 2013 - 02:03 PM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Wednesday, Aug 28 2013, 00:10)
QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 15:23)

I wonder if the decision to make a sequel to MMLP will bring about a new chapter for Stan? He must be one of the shortest lived fictional characters in hip hop? I've always made the playful assumption that the Stan mentioned in Guilty Conscience is the same crazed Stan who killed himself. Or would Em ever dare touch - or potentially tarnish - a concept that on it's own has managed to create an entire sub-catagory of fan throughout the entire genre, regardless the artist.

What I potentially meant is that it has the same aptitude of that of Stan, albeit with newer concept and broad of distinction.

Zaniacle
  • Zaniacle

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:43 PM

I did not like Kendrick's verse, the one people are literally losing their sh*t over.
It wasn't even that good, Jarren Benton on a bad day could whip up something better than his 'verse'.

And every gives him props for calling out so many artists, yet when they actually respond to his verse, he has nothing to say.
Kendrick is a good artist, probably one of the best of out there RIGHT NOW, but the hype was way over-done.
Not impressed.

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 29 August 2013 - 08:54 PM

Ugh this song..

The lyrics aren't that great, but the flow is tight & the beat is soOoOo smoooth.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 31 August 2013 - 10:07 AM Edited by kippers., 31 August 2013 - 10:15 AM.

Sounds kinda Weeknd-y icon14.gif ...And weirdly, the rapping at the end reminded me of Diddy.

While it's still a fresh topic.. This article on MMLP2, The Marshall Plan is an editorial by HiphopDX on what Em could do to live up to MMLP's legacy.

One point in particular though. In the last section it mentions the opening lines from Kill You - and the opening lines of the album - which made the listener immediately aware of what to expect: 'They say I can't rap about being broke no more, they ain't say I can't rap about coke no more'. I think it would be super f*cking interesting if Eminem opened MMLP2 with, 'They say I can't rap about coke no more, they ain't say I can't rap about [insert thing he can still rap about] no more'

I'd cream my pants.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

may His darkness be your light

• Members
  • None

Posted 31 August 2013 - 07:27 PM

I just heard eminems berzerk song, am i the only one who thinks it sounds like a hollywod undead or kottinmouth kings song? Im trying to like it since ive been a fan of eminem for years, but this song isnt getting me hooked... Im not sure i like the direction hes going in

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (the7ftmidget @ Saturday, Aug 31 2013, 19:27)
I just heard eminems berzerk song, am i the only one who thinks it sounds like a hollywod undead or kottinmouth kings song? Im trying to like it since ive been a fan of eminem for years, but this song isnt getting me hooked... Im not sure i like the direction hes going in

Personally i only liked the small distant parts between the song, the part in the Berzerk teaser video. but when i heard the full song i didnt like it that much. it doesnt have the old school eminem feeling at all. his old stuff had actually nice melody but in this he sounds like hes just screaming.

ItsMac
  • ItsMac

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:12 PM Edited by xll MAC llx, 07 September 2013 - 11:20 PM.

Is anyone else excited for the preview of the Berzerk music video during the Notre Dam and Michigan game tonight?

Dnero
  • Dnero

Top Dawg

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 08 September 2013 - 09:37 AM

'Ya bish, shout out to Kendrick'

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Meek Mill and Cassidy coming at each other hard now.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=zvuseH6jkCY

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nIGlI0oCOQQ

:nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:  :nervous:

Saliva
  • Saliva

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 08 September 2013 - 06:28 PM

Eazy E Hologram at Rock the Bells;

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 September 2013 - 10:01 PM Edited by kippers., 09 September 2013 - 04:38 PM.

That's pretty cool. It doesn't seem as convincing that Eazy's there with them on stage like Tupac was next to Snoop. Yet on the other hand, he looks significantly more realistic.

Finally getting the full Berzerk video tomorrow on Vevo. They've sure managed to milk it dry. That snippet was all good fun. Loving that he got Kendrick there for that line.

EDIT: And here it is:

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 September 2013 - 10:42 PM

Apart from crying over this new layout, I'll be catching up with Rock the Bells. I love the new Macklemore song. Has Schoolboy innit..

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users