Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,711 replies to this topic
Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 17 March 2007 - 10:28 PM

Oh great, there's a topic about hip hop being dead now. Check out my post there.

mateo83
  • mateo83

Yay Area

• The Connection

Posted 18 March 2007 - 05:04 PM

So I opened up for Sir Mix-a-lot last night.Show went great.our show cd didnt work cuz the cd i had prepared was mp3 and the old ass throwback equipment cd player they had only played wav form.In this day in age they should of had some updated equipment.I do lots of shows and never ran into this problem cuz everyone has updated equipment.Luckly we had our cd's there we were throwing out so we used that and everything went fine.Got pics and footage on film.My homie Maharaji was there with Mix as always so it was good to see him again.We had the crowd,they like what we do so that was good....good show...i'll put a pic up when i get one...waitin on pics and film...

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 18 March 2007 - 08:06 PM

Vito i read your post and your right about how G Funk has dissapeared all together now but this year alot of Westcoast artists are dropping albums Lil Eazy is The D.O.C. is rumoured to be thinking about making one after he does his bit on Dres Detox project and Detox itself is suppoed to drop round september time this year maybe after 2 years maybe more it'll finally drop Juice is also supposed to be having an album made K9 on a youtube video has been bragging about how hes gonna start a new movement and then ride on all these current Westcoast artists n start fresh and Hittman is supposedly in the process of making 2 solo albums which he will drop at the same time and hes also in another album which is a group one i think his groups called the wrecking cru or somthing like that and that Mel Man is involved with it so maybe this will be the year the Westcoast will pick up where it all went horribly wrong and show these crunk idiots and g unit fools whats poppin

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 19 March 2007 - 04:24 PM

Point is

If you didnt like the songs on Playback FM, die. In a fire.

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

Seeing as you guys are expect on this song genre I was wondering if you could answer some questions for me?

Two of my favourite songs have background music in that sounds very familiar, I was basically wondering if you knew what it was. First was Murder Reigns by Ja Rule, the tune sounds like something that played on the radio during Vice City but I cant be sure. The second is Hip Hop Is Dead by Nas, the background tune to this sounds like a song played on Simpsons once which if memory serves was called Garden of Eden.

Thanks for the help.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'm gonna analize those, download them and view them for you dave man.

Now something I heard that turned me down like f*ck. We kept talking about Eric B. and Rakim in the Hip Hop Is Dead topic, I just heard a rumor that Rakim might sign with G-Unit. Now, there are various people in this line of work, but only few have talent and these take hip hop to the heart. And Rakim is one of those... I think. If he signs, it will prove he doesnt take hip hop seriously, and is just up for a quick buck.

Rakim should team back with Eric B. to make a world wide tour, and producing a record with dope rhymes, and beats (Paid In Full was an awesome example of that). That would be awesome, and classical.

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 20 March 2007 - 10:34 PM

Dave, what you're referring to is called a "sample." In hip hop, a new song will sample an older song. The Nas song samples "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly. Murder Reigns samples "Africa" by Toto. The Breaks is a great site to find out who samples who in the future.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (JIMMY12 @ Mar 20 2007, 22:34)
Dave, what you're referring to is called a "sample." In hip hop, a new song will sample an older song. The Nas song samples "In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida" by Iron Butterfly. Murder Reigns samples "Africa" by Toto. The Breaks is a great site to find out who samples who in the future.

dude, you suck. I prepared a whole paragraph replying to him... guess it took too long.

lol

saintdave
  • saintdave

saintdave™

• Members

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

Ah thanks for the info JIMMY12, that clears up a lot.

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2007 - 12:16 AM

Rakim...G-Unit? notify.gif

icon13.gif

suicidal.gif

If it does happen though, I honestly wouldn't be surprised. The "Gorilla Unit" has its ways of attracting once-great artists and, well, satomizing(sp?) their careers.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 01:04 AM

He said it's one of his top choices, and best offers.

I know, integrity, love, skills, and talent, being thrown in the toilet.

I also happened to come across one LP I have here... that was a major hit... EPMD's Strictly Business.

It has major rhyming, similar to Rakim's sh*t. So it's a win for me.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:49 PM

right i know i mainly follow Westcoast Rap but Rakims one of the best Eastcoast artists and why would he sign to g unit after what happened when he was signed to aftermath

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 21 March 2007 - 06:51 PM Edited by beanmachine43, 21 March 2007 - 06:59 PM.

Just mashed up Pac's "Smile" verses with Bone Thugs' "I Tried" single, sounds pretty good surprisingly. Really kind of been bored lately, mashed up a lot of tracks together, and I think I remember Ganton talking about it in a couple other topics.

EDIT: Anyone a fan of Brotha Lynch Hung or X-Raided? Everyone I know is like "yo, this sh!t's gangsta!". Too bad most people I know aren't really hard, but "Locc 2 Da Brain" was a pretty bad-ass song, I might check out more of him later.

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:11 PM

I heard Talib was trying to sign Ra. If he signs to G-Unit, I might as well actually agree: Hip-hop is dead. When God himself makes such a hellish move, it is indeed the signs of a hip-hopalypse. Fathers of Hip-Hop, have mercy on Ra's soul, guide him in the right direction.

:C

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 March 2007 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Paco @ Mar 21 2007, 19:11)
Talib

Yeah, i heard that too. But Rakim wants to use the label as a distributer instead.

GodfatherITB
  • GodfatherITB

Dar?

• Members

Posted 22 March 2007 - 02:26 AM

Rakim in G-Unit? Dear god... mercie_blink.gif

Platinum.
  • Platinum.

El Dinamita

• Zaibatsu

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:11 AM

Rakim?

G-Unit?

cry.gif

Ya Mum
  • Ya Mum

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:03 AM

Rakim in G-Unit would just not suit. Rakim is the real sh*t and if he signs to G-Unit they will just overrun him and turn him into one of them who are one of the reasons why Hip-Hop is dying.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:14 PM

QUOTE (ya mum @ Mar 22 2007, 08:03)
Rakim in G-Unit would just not suit. Rakim is the real sh*t and if he signs to G-Unit they will just overrun him and turn him into one of them who are one of the reasons why Hip-Hop is dying.

man... what the f*ck do you know... you always listening to 50 cent....isee it in the now plaiying topic...

Paco
  • Paco

i saw it written and i saw it say

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 07:51 PM

Only time I'ma talk about G-Funk: Above the Law was / is the most underrated group ever.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:10 PM Edited by Gantons Most Wanted, 22 March 2007 - 08:29 PM.

Paco i acctually agree with that because a couple a months back i thought i'd research them and see what good tracks they had and there were quite a few mainly the Black Mafia album of theres is when they started usin the g funk sound but Big Hutch has some good production skills and yyyeah i have made quite a few Remixes Benmachine be good to compare our works dude

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:00 PM

Above The Law was quite good. I saw a song of them with tupac that rocked the house.

I'm more of a type of guy that likes hardcore drum and bass beats.

Think about Biggie Smalls - Juicy when I think about hard core beat.

Gantons Most Wanted
  • Gantons Most Wanted

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 22 March 2007 - 10:48 PM

thats my favourate Biggie Track oh yyeah aparently Suge Knight Said in an Interview that Death Row is gonna be shut down for good but what puzzles me is that they've signed Petey Pablo and that the Album is done or nearly complete and Nas associate Lakey The Kid has signed to the east imprint of the label and then this year should be a very good year or a foot on the ladder for The Westcoast Dr Dre's son The Hood Surgeon has already his own label and a movement and his album should drop sometime soon then The D.O.C. after 5 years is going to make a solo album called Voice Through Hot Vessels which i hope he does make because Deuce even thought it was a compilation to promote his protege's it had some good tracks on it and his voice is alot better than it was.Then Theres Dre's Detox which should finally drop after 7 years of waiting which will have performances from the pioneers like The D.O.C. , Snoop Dogg, Knoc Turnal and many more. Soopaflys album dropped a few weeks back its called Bangin Westcoast. B Real is supposed to be releasing an Album called Smoke In Mirrors. Tha Dogg Pounds Dogg Chit is dropping on the 27th. Bishop Lamonts The Reformation is gonna drop sometime in the summer. DJ Quik is making an album called Midnite life. RBX is working on a new album called Unanimous and Lil Eazy's Rebirth Of Gangsta Rap which he hopes to reunite all the N.W.A members there the only albums i know about so far but looks like a good year

ISd3d
  • ISd3d

My Brain Hurts

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:09 PM

I've been looking for some good rap to get into lately. Recommendations? Here's a list of my favorite rap cd's to give you a taste of what I like.

Wu-Tang Clan - Forever
Big Punisher - Capital Punishment
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
GZA - Liquid Swords
Big L - Lifestylez Of the Poor and Dangerous
DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Eminem - Slim Shady LP
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary 1
Nas - Stillmatic
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
XZibit - 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz

I've heard all the Wu-tang sh*t so don't even bother with that.

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

Immortal Techniques Revolutionary Vol 2 is pretty good, check it out.

Try a little bit of Jedi Mind Tricks and Outerspace, 7L and Esoteric, Big L and some Gangstarr

Try them out.

Vito Leone
  • Vito Leone

$$h for life.

• BUSTED!

Posted 22 March 2007 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (ISd3d @ Mar 22 2007, 23:09)
I've been looking for some good rap to get into lately. Recommendations? Here's a list of my favorite rap cd's to give you a taste of what I like.

Wu-Tang Clan - Forever
Big Punisher - Capital Punishment
Ghostface Killah - Supreme Clientele
Raekwon - Only Built 4 Cuban Linx
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
GZA - Liquid Swords
Big L - Lifestylez Of the Poor and Dangerous
DMX - It's Dark and Hell is Hot
Eminem - Slim Shady LP
Immortal Technique - Revolutionary 1
Nas - Stillmatic
Notorious BIG - Ready To Die
XZibit - 40 Dayz & 40 Nightz

I've heard all the Wu-tang sh*t so don't even bother with that.

dude, you disappeared man. You gotta post some in the mansion.

(I'm k-highway, btw)

jimmy.
  • jimmy.

?

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:22 PM Edited by JIMMY12, 24 March 2007 - 07:14 PM.

Kool G Rap is extremely underrated. I think if you like Eazy-E and all of that west coast gangsta rap, you should check out the song, "Road to Riches, you would like it.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:31 PM

Any of you guys ever listen to Rehab?

beanmachine43
  • beanmachine43

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 23 March 2007 - 10:54 PM

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 23 2007, 14:31)
Any of you guys ever listen to Rehab?

Rehab, Rehab? Like the guy who sounds like a hick? He's funny. biggrin.gif I've heard a couple of his parodies, but not much else from him I don't think.

Jake
  • Jake

Vagina Mine

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 24 March 2007 - 04:30 AM

user posted image

That's how he looks, I dunno if he really sounds like a hick he doesn't to me, but I f*ckin' love that sh*t. Got all the albums the other day it's pretty good stuff man.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users