Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

10,079 replies to this topic
Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:56 AM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Friday, Jun 15 2012, 00:13)
QUOTE (FunkyChunky @ Wednesday, Jun 13 2012, 18:51)
Bascially everyone needs to download Joey Bada$$'s (of Pro Era) new mixtape, 1999. So f*cking good, i'll let this track speak for itself, his flow on that last verse is incredible:

Dope oldschool vibe, almost Nas illmatic esque. Had no idea about The Progressive Era crew, but if they can all drop sh*t like this then I look forward to it.

I'm stuck playing 'Suspect'. 12 minutes.. The whole crew getting a verse. The entire album's really chilled out. I'm liking all the old lyrics they use. Some nice throw out to the artists that clearly inspire them I imagine.

I was sifting through old posts, and i find this again, I am so glad I found Joey Badass and Capital Steez, best rapper out right now, and Survival tactics was the best new song that has a 90's style that i've heard in a damn long time.

Such a shame Capital Steez died, he was great.

And everyone should download this album/mixtape.

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

hey these are some tracks of rappers from my country, I always wondered about what not-italian people think of our hip hop.

this is a freestyle on the HAM beat

song about the "business"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8c_ByIa_pA hardcore sh*t

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sloh1paKCAI something a bit gangsta

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuoEvMxWrpk trap sh*t

cbiscuit93
  • cbiscuit93

Pink Bandana

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:47 PM

Whuhh' do y'all think of duh' new beat ???

https://soundcloud.c...r165692612/turf

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

Anyone have any legit news about Detox? sigh.gif

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

QUOTE (Ascer @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 20:26)
hey these are some tracks of rappers from my country, I always wondered about what not-italian people think of our hip hop.

Very nice, keep us posted. I still remember going to Rome, the one you said was Hardcore reminded me of it. smile.gif

Ascer
  • Ascer

Rat

• Members

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:02 AM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 23:35)
QUOTE (Ascer @ Monday, Jun 10 2013, 20:26)

Very nice, keep us posted. I still remember going to Rome, the one you said was Hardcore reminded me of it. smile.gif

In fact that rapper is from Rome and the video was shot there.

these are other songs from him:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORSmGiSSBLo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ljvgRsJv78

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kA2Nitu9v0E

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

So what's up with Jurassic 5? Are they back together? They're certainly touring as a full group around the UK at the moment. Pretty annoyed I didn't know about that until pictures started coming up on their FB page.

Couldn't say no to any new J5, that's for sure.

Rjeev142
  • Rjeev142

Snitches get stitches

• Members

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:12 PM

Anyone hear the new Jarren Benton album "My Grandma's Basement"? Or maybe even the new Acton Bronson album? Are they any good? I haven't got a chance to listen yet.

TECHN9CiAN
  • TECHN9CiAN

Am I ignorant or apathetic? Don't know and don't care.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 14 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Anyone else heard the song "Never Enough" by some canadians called Sweatshop Union? Its an old song but i heard it when watching Continuum, that track is dope

golf wang
  • golf wang

Westside!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Yeezus leaked today guys, any thoughts?

Tyler
  • Tyler

bubblingbubblingbubbling

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 15 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Jesus f*cking Christ I love it. It's like a dirty house/electronic pit mixed with great sampling and a narcissistic DJ with a microphone. Perfect cocaine rage music, really.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Oh My Darling Don't Cry

• Angels of Death MC
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Been playing it repeatedly, dope stuff. The only song I'm not feeling is Guilt Trip, and I think On Sight is nothing more than okay. Everything else is disgustingly awesome though. I'll have to wait see how I feel down the line though, as always, but New Slaves (especially the beat switch at the end) and Hold My Liquor are my personal favourites.

Kippers
  • Kippers

おっぱいは好きで

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

I want to dislike it, but I don't. It's good, which means it'll only encourage Kanye to make asinine statements about himself. But ultra-creatives like him will do that anyways as if it's in their DNA

It certainly sounds like nothing else in hip hop and every track has its own flavour. My favourite track is 'Blood on the Leaves', which sounds the most like something on 808's, which personally is my favourite Kanye album.

I don;t see myself listening to it extensively. I'll whittle it down to my favourite 3 or 4 tracks and stick with those.

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 17 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

I think its pretty top notch to be honest. 'Bound 2' is my favorite track on it at the moment, Charlie Wilson kills it.

Benzoboy
  • Benzoboy

Like Ronnyboy, but better.

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:25 AM Edited by I So Brink, 19 June 2013 - 09:27 AM.

Black Skinhead is honestly one of the best things I've heard in a long while.

Yeezus isn't quite MBDTF (one of my favourite albums) but it's pretty f*ckin' close.

InstantCClassic
  • InstantCClassic

Gatorade me, b*tch.

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

This dude is awesome.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:57 PM Edited by Glenn., 20 June 2013 - 02:59 PM.

QUOTE (InstantCClassic @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 02:59)

This dude is awesome.

Joey's a beast. lol.gif

Da Graveyard: Still amazing.

gta_player5
  • gta_player5

Mayonnaise colored Benz, I push Miracle Whips

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 20 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Thursday, Jun 20 2013, 10:57)

Da Graveyard: Still amazing.

Definitely one of my favorite tracks of L's.

I ran into a local record store last week and found a copy of Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous on vinyl. Never have I ever wanted a vinyl record player more. There were a few other records in there that would be awesome to own, like Onyx's Bacdafucup or the Beastie Boys' License to Ill (which is also an awesome album), but I'm such a Big L fan and I was very surprised to see them carry it, that I had to walk out of the store before I bought it.

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

Big L is definitely one of the best of all time. I remember when I heard that song for the first time and Jay-Z's verse started. Pretty weird. That song came out only a year before Reasonable Doubt, too, and he definitely...refined his sound from then til RD.

Wrong Kind
  • Wrong Kind

Louis van Gaal's red and white army!

• Members
  • British-Antarctic-Territory
  • Most Knowledgeable [Sports] 2013

Posted 20 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

Big L = One of the greatest

Da Graveyard is one of my favorites too. "Cause Big L be f*ckin' with more keys than a janitor" Now that is just genius!

MadClownBadDub
  • MadClownBadDub

Gampo

• Members

Posted 20 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Saturday, Jun 15 2013, 01:34)
Jesus f*cking Christ I love it. It's like a dirty house/electronic pit mixed with great sampling and a narcissistic DJ with a microphone. Perfect cocaine rage music, really.

Dead on description man.

I see you guys are all pretty unanimous in your approval of Yeezus. I share many of your sentiments. Especially whoever said, I like it a lot, but it's no MBDTF. I agree wholeheartedly. That album is an experience. Yeezus is cool as short bursts of crazy energy and barebones, yet somehow still quite encompassing production; but it's not exactly a full, cohesive... Thing, I think.

My two favorite tracks are Hold My Liquor and Black Skinhead. Learned how to play the latter on my bass the day it came out. Great stuff. icon14.gif

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Big L, well he would of literally `Blew up like the world trade`if he got to release a few more albums. I feel with modern society, with Rap Artists and critics, people are looking back at the guy and discovering how great he really was. I mean, Jonnah Hill even saying he's `The sh*t`. Which I wouldn't of expected as somebody said before. I got a Mixtape almost a year ago I think now. Its mixed by DJ Fade, its called `Harlems Finest: The Best Of Big L`. I really liked it, and It helped me take the initiative to go listen to his albums. It was actually from being frequent on the forums that I've started Listening to him J Cole and a few others.

Graveyard is a powerhouse of a record with great lyrics from a great line up. Its good you found a vinyl record, I totally would of bought it too. Even without the bloody player, just to say, I have the Vinyl. Ha ha biggrin.gif

A question, I know Kendrick is popular, and Ab Soul to a degree, but does anybody like Jay Rock and Schoolboy Q too? I've been listening to alot of their sh*t, in fact Jay Rock introduced me to both Kendrick and Ab. Schoolboy Q is working on a new album called Oxymoron soon too, it shall be great.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:24 PM

Anyone in here love listening to Eminem aside from the usual Big L, 2Pac and other fellow African-American rapper?

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

Yeah Eminem is good. Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP are both classics. Aside from those two though there's only a handful of other songs by him that I like. I can't stand his shouty voice that he does nowadays either.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:24)
Anyone in here love listening to Eminem aside from the usual Big L, 2Pac and other fellow African-American rapper?

I think Eminem is usually the most listened to rapper. But yeah, my favourite album from him is the Slim Shady LP.

ExtremoMania
  • ExtremoMania

Just a dose of metal everyday

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:56 PM

QUOTE (Adam_ @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:35)
Yeah Eminem is good. Slim Shady LP and Marshall Mathers LP are both classics. Aside from those two though there's only a handful of other songs by him that I like. I can't stand his shouty voice that he does nowadays either.

Yeah although I think it befits him now. He does shout in some of his songs even in his first singles, though nothing compared to this day. But I think he's still the best Non African-American rapper.

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (ExtremeLimitations @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 13:56)
QUOTE (Adam_ @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 21:35)

Yeah although I think it befits him now. He does shout in some of his songs even in his first singles, though nothing compared to this day. But I think he's still the best Non African-American rapper.

He probably is. I honestly can't think of any non black rappers that match him apart from maybe Big Pun and R.A The Rugged Man as far as skill goes. Or Eyedea

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

The quality that Eminem puts out fluctuations a lot for me. The Slim Shady LP and some of his recent stuff is pretty much gold, but he has a lot of lame ducks too. I had to listen to Infinite for an assignment I did at uni (it covered hip-hop as part of pop-culture, some stuff about appropriation wrt race and stuff like that) and, oh boy, it's just dire. A lot of people put out weak stuff when they're just starting out, it's only natural, but how Dre saw all the potential in the guy who made that I don't know!

Steven Ride
  • Steven Ride

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

QUOTE (I So Brink @ Friday, Jun 21 2013, 15:13)
The quality that Eminem puts out fluctuations a lot for me. The Slim Shady LP and some of his recent stuff is pretty much gold, but he has a lot of lame ducks too. I had to listen to Infinite for an assignment I did at uni (it covered hip-hop as part of pop-culture, some stuff about appropriation wrt race and stuff like that) and, oh boy, it's just dire. A lot of people put out weak stuff when they're just starting out, it's only natural, but how Dre saw all the potential in the guy who made that I don't know!

Eh, the title track on that release is pretty good. Dre probably saw that he was lyrically strong I think.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users