• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

CHIP

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:11 PM Edited by kippers., 26 November 2012 - 09:42 PM.

It's sad to think that the best thing about 50 Cent's My Life ft Eminem and Adam Levine (of Maroon 5) is Adam Levine's chorus. (But then it is probably made for radio)

I don't know what crazy kinda rhyme scheme or whatever Em's trying to pull on his verse, but I feel as though he hasn't done a really good verse since Recovery. His Pink verse was pretty meh, the verses he does for Slaughterhouse/Yelawolf are pretty meh. The latter half is better tho when he goes to mentioning he wished he'd never made Recovery because of the Superstardom it's given him again...Which is crazy. Perhaps an interest insight into what direction he won't be going on his 2013 album...?

It'll grow. Fingers crossed for his Skylar Grey guest verse next month.

50 Cent was actually better than he has been recently.

The Music Video could be good though.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:41 PM

I dont know whats going on but fifty is slipping bad. Eminem can always regain his fire, he certainly is the most known rapper of modren day, well maybe Tupac is....

Yeah but I won't be paying for the next fifty cent album tounge.gif

Good news for Nate Dogg, Eminem and Dr Dre fans. The last Nate alb will be out soon and Dre and Em were working on a few songs recently. Warren G, Snoop Dogg Jay-z and more will also feature in it. R.I.P Nate.

I wonder if theres some stuff out there for Guru too...

Dragonjack
  • Dragonjack

Moving on to a new account.

• BUSTED!

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 07:41)
I dont know whats going on but fifty is slipping bad. Eminem can always regain his fire, he certainly is the most known rapper of modren day, well maybe Tupac is....

Good news for Nate Dogg, Eminem and Dr Dre fans. The last Nate alb will be out soon and Dre and Em were working on a few songs recently. Warren G, Snoop Dogg Jay-z and more will also feature in it. R.I.P Nate.

I wonder what happened to "detox" that album has been going on for years and I don't know why Dr.Dre hasn't givien an actual release date for the album. I heard about Eminem this year and he is working on a new album am I correct? The Recovery album was epic in my opinion and i'm still enjoying the music called "Not afraid" honestly. For Nate Dogg...I actually miss him rapping in his years and rest in peace bro. sad.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:16 PM Edited by gamesguru, 26 November 2012 - 11:29 PM.

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 21:41)

In all honesty, I'm skeptical, and posthumous albums have a history of falling flat in the quality department. Mostly because a lack of direction, conflicting opinions and poor (scatter-shot) production. Although it will be interesting to see if there's any unreleased records of worth. Then again, what is the likeability this actually comes to fruition? Usually when posthumous albums are released, it's for pocket, and as great as he was, Nate Dogg isn't well known outside of his small target audience (an audience that aren't known for buying records). So I have my doubts.

I'd rather not see Eminem be within a stone's throw of Detox or a possible Nate Dogg album. As kippers has pointed out, ever since Recovery, his content has been leaving a lot to be desired (he was nice on The Reunion from the Bad Meets Evil EP though). There really isn't any method to his flow, and what he's saying is cringe worthy and uninspired. 50 Cent was okay on the My Life record, and I expected more from S1's production, but I can't say I'm surprised Fifty has released another lackluster single (in my opinion anyway; his last solid project was the War Angel LP). If Eminem had direction, and a reason to rap, he could gain some form of footing at least, but I don't see that ever happening.

New Big Boi (this joint is crazy):

New Game:

All the songs/leftovers he has released so far, bar I Remember (which is only a bonus track) have been pretty good. Hallelujah is surprisingly catchy. Although his voice doesn't have the same projection, cadence and power it once had. It was one of his redeeming qualities. He needs to get out the habit of imitating his rhyme partners, which is something that spawned from The R.E.D. Album. He still has the ability to knock out a snarling gangsta-rap verse (The Town on his mixtape Candy Caronas, and Ricky on The R.E.D. Album for example).

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:50 PM Edited by kippers., 27 November 2012 - 12:06 AM.

That album is going to be hot hot hot! Even better than Sir Luscious Left Foot I dare predict. We may never see OutKast back together, but Big Boi's content is more than welcome.

Not sure how much Game does this any more, but does he name drop everyone in every line still? I remember Tyler, The Creator making fun of him for it on Martians Verses Goblins and then suddenly stopped noticing it in his verses..

Alos Guru, have you checked his track with Bone Thugs?

Celebration (Remix) ft Bone Thugs N Harmony ALL FIVE OF THEM!.

I give him credit for that. He does as you say, copy Bone's quick word play. Doesn't sound like Game.

I can see Eminem getting pretty hot under the collar about the media controlling his freedom, his 'new found' fame, (He's always been mainstream to an extent but Recovery definitely opened him up to a whole new level of mainstream attention)...The stress that's put him under and, like he's said in My Life, it appears history is repeating itself in that regard. For some reason he didn't expect the level of attention and success he got for Recovery, like he didn't for The Slim Shady LP. We could see another Marshall Mathers style album on the horizon if the anger's really there. (Not in terms of quality, but content)

An update on Hallie as well would be nice. If she's had any problems during education because of who her father is blah blah blah...His Hallie based songs are always highlights.

There's still interesting content there to be tapped into. I feel without dissing anyone though, a lot of Eminem's appeal has gone. Recovery was filled with empty threats directed at no one.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 27 November 2012 - 12:18 AM Edited by gamesguru, 27 November 2012 - 12:21 AM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 23:50)
Not sure how much Game does this any more, but does he name drop everyone in every line still? I remember Tyler, The Creator making fun of him for it on Martians Verses Goblins and then suddenly stopped noticing it in his verses..

Yeah, he always has and always will. I guess people tolerated it beforehand, because his content was unquestionably great. Then again, it fluctuates in quantity, but due to his reputation, even if he only dropped two names in a song, he'd still get flack. I prefer his emotionally charged and retrospective tracks anyway, of which contain very little in the name-dropping department for the most part. Yeah, I've heard the track, it's pretty nice.

I guess you have a point in regards to potential angles Eminem has at his disposal, and he always seems to be brutally honest about (and aware of) criticism. It happened with the backlash he received for Encore and Relapse, so I can see him tackling that issue, even if it's just a few bars, but I doubt he's going adapt his flow and rhymes yet again (he seems to have stopped the incessant screaming, but the flow and lyrics are still the same as when he was shouting). He seems comfortable with his current content, and that's why I doubt we will see much of an improvement lyrically unfortunately.

If Big Boi can top his last album, that would be amazing. Sir Lucious was my second favourite album of 2010, so that would be something else. I believe he swapped in this album in favour of Funk Soul Crusader, so we may have a third album to look forward to in the future as well.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Piņata

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:26 AM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 23:50)

Celebration (Remix) ft Bone Thugs N Harmony ALL FIVE OF THEM!.

I like it. It's better than the version with Chris Brown, Lil Wayne, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa icon14.gif

I love Game's rapping in that song, it fit's in well with Bone Thugs rapping and flow. It's a shame it's not on Jesus Piece and the other version is, he could of atleast put it as a bonus track.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:17 PM Edited by kippers., 27 November 2012 - 09:12 PM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 22:11)
It'll grow. Fingers crossed for his Skylar Grey guest verse next month.

Ok so yesterday when I said 'next month' clearly what I should have said was tomorrow

Skylar Grey ft Eminem - C'mon Let Me Ride

Not listened yet. Fingers crossed for more sense in his delivery than in My Life.

ED: I really hope he's just being rubbish on features and saving everything that's good for his album. He's nearly flawless in that arean. But i'll stick with this if I want to hear an Eminem feature...

EDIT 2:

Music video for My Life

Song seems better with the video on top. Yeah. Miles better than the crummy videos 50 puts out what feels like every other day from 5 (Murder by Numbers) and The Lost Tape, tho i'm not comparing it to much.

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:23 PM Edited by Glenn., 27 November 2012 - 09:31 PM.

QUOTE (gamesguru @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 23:16)
QUOTE (Glenn. @ Monday, Nov 26 2012, 21:41)

In all honesty, I'm skeptical, and posthumous albums have a history of falling flat in the quality department. Mostly because a lack of direction, conflicting opinions and poor (scatter-shot) production. Although it will be interesting to see if there's any unreleased records of worth. Then again, what is the likeability this actually comes to fruition? Usually when posthumous albums are released, it's for pocket, and as great as he was, Nate Dogg isn't well known outside of his small target audience (an audience that aren't known for buying records). So I have my doubts.

I'd rather not see Eminem be within a stone's throw of Detox or a possible Nate Dogg album. As kippers has pointed out, ever since Recovery, his content has been leaving a lot to be desired (he was nice on The Reunion from the Bad Meets Evil EP though). There really isn't any method to his flow, and what he's saying is cringe worthy and uninspired. 50 Cent was okay on the My Life record, and I expected more from S1's production, but I can't say I'm surprised Fifty has released another lackluster single (in my opinion anyway; his last solid project was the War Angel LP). If Eminem had direction, and a reason to rap, he could gain some form of footing at least, but I don't see that ever happening.

New Big Boi (this joint is crazy):

New Game:

All the songs/leftovers he has released so far, bar I Remember (which is only a bonus track) have been pretty good. Hallelujah is surprisingly catchy. Although his voice doesn't have the same projection, cadence and power it once had. It was one of his redeeming qualities. He needs to get out the habit of imitating his rhyme partners, which is something that spawned from The R.E.D. Album. He still has the ability to knock out a snarling gangsta-rap verse (The Town on his mixtape Candy Caronas, and Ricky on The R.E.D. Album for example).

Its Nate Dogg, I like his music. I buy records, and I'm a fan of his. I think people will start to realise what rap is missing now, when all the Hooks become cock Thirsty whoars, modified voices and croaky Texans who think there bloods. Its a pity really, and to be honest its the tours that hall in the money, not the music, I couldn't care how much these c*nts make. If Dr Dre, Eminem, Snoop Dogg and Warren G are about to drop morals and milk money out of a friend (And Family member) then their plain retarded. Their already rich. I hate when rappers start to almost insult the fans over this. If they like there job, they do it as a choice not to hall in cash. Back to the album: I believe most of the songs are finished as well, release will more then likely happen. But as I said before I get your point. And if your scepticism is right then I will not be happy.
icon14.gif
If I like the music I'll listen to it, and love it. If I don't, I'll be pissed.

Anyway, a new mixtape was just released by Snoop Dogg and the DPG: http://soundcloud.co...s-my-work-vol-1

I'm not sure about some of these songs. cryani.gif

@Kippers: That song was dog turd, it was really bad. I'm hoping the same as you right now. The bar has really dropped with Eminem. So, if theres any Eminem music I want to hear, it will be the early sh*t. lol.gif

Edit: About Game; I love his music and favour his lines/verses whatever.. But he needs to step away from these retarded people such as Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.. and Drake. It pisses me off when his talent is going to waste. A lot of Game songs I simply don't listen to because there's a horrible rapper on it, talking about Ice and his so many Hoes... It gets boring, and its not only the lyrics that are the same, its also there attitudes and how there flows go.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Piņata

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 27 November 2012 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 21:23)
Edit: About Game; I love his music and favour his lines/verses whatever.. But he needs to step away from these retarded people such as Lil Wayne and Chris Brown.. and Drake. It pisses me off when his talent is going to waste. A lot of Game songs I simply don't listen to because there's a horrible rapper on it, talking about Ice and his so many Hoes... It gets boring, and its not only the lyrics that are the same, its also there attitudes and how there flows go.

Exactly my thoughts on Game. Jesus Piece looks alright but not a fan of who he is collaborating with on it tbh.

He needs to collaborate with Bone Thugs more, he seems to have a good relationship with them icon14.gif

Chunk
  • Chunk

Gangsta

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 27 November 2012 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (Method @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 01:43)
Always felt as if Earl is the only one in Odd Future who has talent.

Frank Ocean disagrees.

Toni Rizzino
  • Toni Rizzino

Easier said than done, yeah that's a title.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 November 2012 - 05:00 AM Edited by Toni Rizzino, 29 November 2012 - 05:12 AM.

I don't know if yall agree but chief keef is probably the dumbest rapper in hip hop history. His music is good (3HUNNA SOSA All day) but his brain is the size of a sweet pea. I mean he posted a picture of himself on instagram getting blown.

Anyway I'm more of an old school person anyway here's my top 3 fav songs.

If I had to choose my favorite rapper, it would have to be Eazy E, rest in peace. (Damn nigga why did you f*ck all them bitches?)

EDIT: Lemme throw in some Chief Keef here

MajorMinor81
  • MajorMinor81

Embarrassed

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:02 AM

What do you guys think of Blackalicious?

Glenn.
  • Glenn.

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (Tommy. @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 21:38)
QUOTE (Glenn. @ Tuesday, Nov 27 2012, 21:23)

Exactly my thoughts on Game. Jesus Piece looks alright but not a fan of who he is collaborating with on it tbh.

He needs to collaborate with Bone Thugs more, he seems to have a good relationship with them icon14.gif

I think Kendrick Lamar and him should defendly colaberate more. Even his recent beef is about somebody who dissed Kendricks album. Kendrick has a different Flow, Sounding and perspectave on rap, yet also grew up in Compton. They will both be great assests to each other in the future if they build up a good relationship and spend well invested time in the studio.

He could also colaberate with Tech N9ne. They both got that blood thing going on. However different Game and him are, I think the lyrics, and mix of flows would blow most rap out of the water. It also opens opertunities for him to work with rappers in Tech N9nes label, which is simply a wild deal.

Not sure of you guys have heard of Mysonne general of NY. But Game did a song called burn, with the quite underated east coaster. Game was hardly involved in the song its self and it was more advertisment for Mysonne if anything. But the man is a lyrical beast and totaly original. Such an example is 'in prison' which is about how bad being in prison is, that it is not this gansta' school or haven as some rap these days. Again, its another wild deal.

Bone Thugs are great and it brings Game allot of respect when he raps with them guys. There good and Old School. Wether its something that many songs can be made out of... Well I cant say, but maybe the Thugs have allot more to show the world.

Xzibhit is another, he recently was in the album Naplam. So why cant he do more?! I mean sh*t I liked it, it was the real Westcoast
Type of Duo that could rock sh*t. Its not hard to see it going well... I mean sh*t, there perfect.

Thats like four artists I said, and Bone Thugs. He needs to just jump into the music rather then submit to the sh*t deals and cash.

Straznicy
  • Straznicy

Laugh at your problems

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 30 November 2012 - 02:49 AM

Quality tribute to Dilla by Ta-Ku if anyone has a spare hour, lol.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:36 AM

QUOTE (Glenn. @ Friday, Nov 30 2012, 00:32)
Xzibhit is another, he recently was in the album Naplam. So why cant he do more?! I mean sh*t I liked it, it was the real Westcoast
Type of Duo that could rock sh*t. Its not hard to see it going well... I mean sh*t, there perfect.

Napalm is a brilliant Xzibit album. Shame it only sold 3500 copies on debut week. So good and no one's heard it.

State of Hip Hip vs Xzibit

I Came to Kill ft RBX

My 2 personal favourites:

Killer's Remorse ft Bishop Lamont, B Real..and some others.

Crazy ft B Real, Demrick

Sick album. got it on my Christmas list.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 01 December 2012 - 05:08 AM

Tried giving Kendrick Lamar a listen, but I'm just not diggin' him. I hear Bone Thugs in his music, his style and flow remind me of Tech Nine, but I just don't dig it at all. The singing sh*t I hear in every song he tries annoys the f*ck out of me. He is good though, don't get me wrong.

TheJonesy
  • TheJonesy

Carry on.

• Members

Posted 03 December 2012 - 11:00 AM

A few days ago, I was smoking and suddenly had this random urge to listen to rap; a Kid Cudi song came on and I've been listening to his work ever since then. I don't know, some of his songs just really hit home and I really enjoy it. I think his use of spacey backtracks - and occasional use of subtle guitar riffs - really eased my transition. Now he's starting to become my gateway to my recent hip-hop kick.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Piņata

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 03 December 2012 - 09:07 PM

Forgot to post this. So yeah Cube back to his political ways, f*cking great song and this is why I rate him as one of the best.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:17 PM

That takes me right back to 'Gangsta Rap Made Me Do It'

Can't believe 'I Am The West' was released in 2010. Could have sworn is more recent than that. Explains why he's starting to prep a new album.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

The Revolution Will Not Be Televised

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 December 2012 - 08:25 PM

Fantastic track about Mayans, Aztecs and what we can learn and fear mongering in society and a history lesson! True Hip Hop, with a MESSAGE!

johnson.
  • johnson.

OGbobby

• The Precinct
  • Canada

Posted 05 December 2012 - 04:10 AM

i'll show myself out...

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:57 PM

The retail Deluxe Edition of The Game's Jesus Piece leaked, and I'm very impressed with the outcome. Solid production and features, and even though The Game's vocals aren't as intimidating as they once were, and on a few songs he borrows another artist's flow/mannerisms, it doesn't take away from the album's overall quality; and lyrically, The Game is on point. One of the strongest rap projects to come out this year. Then again, it did just leak, and I'll probably have to let it marinate before I get carried away with my opinion on it. Good time to be a The Game Stan again. So much better than The R.E.D. Album. Now I just to have to wait for the Best Buy and iTunes tracks to drop. I'm definitely going to buy this now, though I was skeptical at first. Projects from my five favourite rappers in the span of a year (Lupe, Nas, Kendrick Lamer, The Game and Joe Budden), lucky for me.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 December 2012 - 01:37 AM Edited by kippers., 07 December 2012 - 01:44 AM.

QUOTE (Method @ Sunday, Nov 18 2012, 01:43)
[youtube]Chum[youtube]

Always felt as if Earl is the only one in Odd Future who has talent.

That song's pretty deep. Not what I had expected to hear from Earl. Very good. Just bumped him to 2nd on my OFWGKTA chart below Frank Ocean and above Tyler.

The music video for said song:

That KRS-One joint is hot. Didn't know any of that stuff about the spanish using their beliefs to trick them. Dick move. Sadly the album it's from isn't in Spotify. May be worth buying. 20 albums deep and still producing quality.

roman bellics brain
  • roman bellics brain

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:59 AM

Timberland kill yourself. What a song ! Great lyrics. '' i aint talking sh*t just telling the facts, I think all the track i'm hearing from niggas is wack'' Their's so much truth to those words top 50 music is awful these days for the most part. Sure timberland isn't the greatest but it's lyrics like those that made me a huge fan of rap.

I also love how they say things that can have two meanings eminem is the king of that imo.

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 December 2012 - 11:22 AM Edited by kippers., 08 December 2012 - 11:39 AM.

Shock Value has loads of good tunes on. It was the last time Timbaland touched anything worth listening to. That includes Kill Yourself.

It's funny. There are a few rappers who have made statements against the changes in hip hop and then go right ahead and become part of that group. Timbaland is one of them. Will.I.Am is another. He produced Nas' Hip Hop Is Dead (song not album) in '06 and now look at the tracks he's making. Probably the most ironic example.

Tommy.
  • Tommy.

Piņata

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 10 December 2012 - 08:13 PM Edited by Tommy., 10 December 2012 - 08:17 PM.

Will.i.am was signed to Eazy-E's record label Ruthless Records in the early 90's. He was in a group called Atban Klann. Hard to believe

Jesus Piece is released tomorrow, I'm buying it! icon14.gif

EDIT:

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 10 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Eminem headlining Reading Festival 2013.

Needless to say I got on that sh*t and my ticket deposit's down already.

He'll hopefully have new material from his 2013 album to perform by then. Going to be f*cking sick. Only took 11 years of being a fan to finally see him live icon14.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

Gone Fishing

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:54 PM Edited by gamesguru, 11 December 2012 - 03:23 PM.

Finally, it's here:

As well as the final Jesus Piece leftover, which is crazy:

The Game planned on placing Murder after Hallelujah, Rollin' after Jesus Piece (the track), and Stripper after Church. They didn't make the album as they couldn't clear the samples. I've slotted those tracks in there, and they gel so well together. Someone over at KTT also uploaded all of the songs from The Game's Sunday Service, as well as the songs The Game has done/featured on since his last mixtape California Republic. So if you're interested, here is 30 tracks all tagged and compiled for you. The only thing it's missing is the final version of HVN4AGNGSTA with DJ Premier scratches, which you can get here, and the original version of I Remember.

Just waiting on those Best Buy exclusive tracks to drop now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users