Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

12,334 replies to this topic
Noob_Noobersson
  • Noob_Noobersson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 AM

So i just found this album....its old...and I slept on it big time, b/c it is so amazing for rap!!!! Production is so freaking sweet. Here is the whole album playing str8 through...Such a cohesive work....This is truly an accomplishment. Its one thing to make a great rap song; and its something else completely to create a whole album that flows as well as this one....

Nikola Tefov
  • Nikola Tefov

$ King Nick $

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

Ey guys what do you think about my beat tutorial in cubase. It got the hip hop in it smile.gif )

Vintage88
  • Vintage88

Lost MC | VP

• Members

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:58 PM

asdadsads

Nikola Tefov
  • Nikola Tefov

$ King Nick $

• Members
  • Macedonia

Posted 06 November 2012 - 05:18 PM

Hey Guys check my beat

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 07 November 2012 - 10:31 PM

http://georgefields....from-the-sticks

My mates LP is dropping, all instrumental, east coast 90's style beats. Five beats on this link for you to preview, plus a snippet video soon to be posted by BeatConnexion on YouTube. For more music produced by my mate, search George Fields or Prevent (his alter ego.)

Kippers
  • Kippers

何歳ですか

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 23:31)

My mates LP is dropping, all instrumental, east coast 90's style beats. Five beats on this link for you to preview, plus a snippet video soon to be posted by BeatConnexion on YouTube. For more music produced by my mate, search George Fields or Prevent (his alter ego.)

Those beats are nice, I could vibe to those. They're screaming for lyrics though in my opinion. Something hella smooth.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:13 PM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 08 November 2012 - 07:53 PM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 13:02)

Those beats are nice, I could vibe to those. They're screaming for lyrics though in my opinion. Something hella smooth.

thanks mate, feel free to vibe to them, aslong as u dont profit my mate george would love to hear the outcome...

he's got future instrumental releases, also some proper albums in the works with US/UK rappers, not to be slept on.

SNIPPET VIDEO...

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 11 November 2012 - 06:53 PM

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 22:31)

Good sh*t. I am subscribed to BeatConnexion, so I'll be listening to this dude more often, just beautiful. Can bust funky freestyles to these.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 11 November 2012 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, Nov 11 2012, 22:18)
QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Wednesday, Nov 7 2012, 22:31)

Good sh*t. I am subscribed to BeatConnexion, so I'll be listening to this dude more often, just beautiful. Can bust funky freestyles to these.

Nice one mate! Glad you like it!

Mr.Mister
  • Mr.Mister

Capt. Downtown

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (Noob_Noobersson @ Saturday, Nov 3 2012, 19:41)
So i just found this album....its old...and I slept on it big time, b/c it is so amazing for rap!!!! Production is so freaking sweet. Here is the whole album playing str8 through...Such a cohesive work....This is truly an accomplishment. Its one thing to make a great rap song; and its something else completely to create a whole album that flows as well as this one....

I'm seeing them perform tonight, pretty excited about it. And I saw Wiz Khalifa last weekend, had an awesome time. WOOOOOOOO

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 15 November 2012 - 12:50 AM

I don't suppose any one has Klaus Layer - Esoterik they could send me? Been dying to hear that again since it was removed from YouTube. I told myself i would download that for ages before it got removed, kicking myself is an understatement. It's not on his soundcloud by the way. Any help appreciated.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:13 PM

How can the Rza put a project like iron fist together and there hasnt been a good wu album in years (tho you could argue the last was better than initially stated.) Ghost sounds like hes on it last few tracks ive so if his next album drops heavy and they get that MF DOOM collab finished , ive said Ghost was the GOAT for a long time. One more classic and its all over.

and ive said it before but ill say it again but Freddie Gibbs is a monster, barely puts a foot wrong , can flow for days and has mad ear for beats

Heard that Mic Tyson was a bit ehh, same old ruck at first.... but then a day later I was like yeahhhh,same old ruck! f*ck would I have bought it for otherwise.

King Mystery
  • King Mystery

Playa

• Members

Posted 15 November 2012 - 10:34 PM Edited by King Mystery, 17 November 2012 - 01:56 PM.

So, I've recently been getting more into rap. But, I was wondering, if anyone could help me find some good songs/artists.

I come from a more punk background, so I was kind of looking for more skate-ish or just generally punk-inspired rap, probably more indie sh*t I guess. Kind of like the Beastie Boys, with more of a rock background but still rap/hip-hop. You know what I'm saying?

I feel like I probably sound super ignorant right now, but I don't actually have any idea what I'm talking about so hopefully somebody can hear me out here, lol.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 01:05 AM Edited by Cosmic Gypsy, 16 November 2012 - 01:07 AM.

Kippers
  • Kippers

何歳ですか

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:55 AM Edited by kippers., 16 November 2012 - 06:09 AM.

QUOTE (Cosmic Gypsy @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 14:13)
QUOTE (kippers. @ Thursday, Nov 8 2012, 13:02)

thanks mate, feel free to vibe to them, aslong as u dont profit my mate george would love to hear the outcome...

Haha. Unfortunately I don't have any lyrical talent, as much as I would like to. But if someone else picks them up I too would love to hear the outcome.

I ordered one of those Eminem Championship Baseball Caps that had the year dates of all his album releases from Infinite to Recovery, which also announced his Eighth Studio Album release date as 2013. Thought it would be a cool (and first) bit of merchandise to own. Buuut despite the email saying the order was confirmed and it would arrive in 16 days (international shipping) it has not arrived. Nor has the money been taken out of my account. It's quite worrying. I'd like to have the cap, but i wont die without it and apparently i've lost no money over it, but it's a little bit of a bummer.

I'm tempted to reorder. Last time I checked it was on back order (not when I originally ordered it though) but that will take twice as long and for all I know i've bought it twice.

Ed: Just wanted to say.....Seems like there's some new faces coming in here lately. Welcome to the hip hop topic smile.gif There are some old faces around here still with me being one of them. Bring all your favourite music in here. It's all welcome.

@OH NO: Man With The Iron Fists album is amazing. I don't know why they just can't get it together and make an album. All the Wu members are happy to feature on each others recent solo albums, yet doing that for a whole album as a 8 piece (R.I.P ODB) seems impossible to them. I believe it's mainly RZA's responsibility to convince the others to do it as he produces most of the tracks as standard.
I look forward to the movie on DVD as it's not coming to my local theatre. Will it be considered a classic movie within hip hop, regardless of reviews? I sure hope so. An instant purchase for me regardless.

Verdant
  • Verdant

Boomshine Blowout

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2012 - 08:08 AM Edited by GtaOutKast, 17 November 2012 - 08:06 AM.

Strange Music anyone?

I'm shocked at how most people at my school don't know Strange Music. Practically, everyone knows OFWGKTA which is fine, I like them too but not as much as Strange Music in my opinion.

Strange Music Roster: Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Big Scoob, Stevie Stone, Jay Rock and many others. Their music is incredible. Although, I mainly listen to Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko the others I've just started to get into.

Check out Tech N9nes Vintage Tech Album songs like
Mitch Bade, Psycho Bitch, Trapped in a Psychos Body.

Tech N9ne-Dysfunctional is an awesome song features Krizz Kaliko and Big Scoob.

Edit: Sorry Psycho Bitch and Trapped in a Psychos Body are from different albums, but check it out guys it's sick.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

QUOTE (kippers. @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 05:55)

@OH NO: Man With The Iron Fists album is amazing. I don't know why they just can't get it together and make an album. All the Wu members are happy to feature on each others recent solo albums, yet doing that for a whole album as a 8 piece (R.I.P ODB) seems impossible to them. I believe it's mainly RZA's responsibility to convince the others to do it as he produces most of the tracks as standard.
I look forward to the movie on DVD as it's not coming to my local theatre. Will it be considered a classic movie within hip hop, regardless of reviews? I sure hope so. An instant purchase for me regardless.

I heard the movie is amazing, crazy. But yeah RZA is comin with quality material , we got rae and ghost sounding as ill as ever,even meth and obviously gza. That Killa Sin track on IF is class he bullys the beat , was always one of the best wu affiliates. The components are there for another wu classic.Maybe the problem lies with personal differences these, guys have known each other a long time and ive heard a few things.

heres hopin tho eh

Souths CraZe
  • Souths CraZe

Home boy

• Members
  • France

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

QUOTE (GtaOutKast @ Friday, Nov 16 2012, 08:08)
Strange Music anyone?

I'm shocked at how most people at my school don't know Strange Music. Practically, everyone knows OFWGKTA which is fine, I like them too but not as much as Strange Music in my opinion.

Strange Music Roster: Tech N9ne, Krizz Kaliko, Big Scoob, Stevie Stone, Jay Rock and many others. Their music is incredible. Although, I mainly listen to Tech N9ne and Krizz Kaliko the others I've just started to get into.

Check out Tech N9nes Vintage Tech Album songs like
Mitch Bade, Psycho Bitch, Trapped in a Psychos Body.

Tech N9ne-Dysfunctional is an awesome song features Krizz Kaliko and Big Scoob.

Check a few pages back and my signature and avatar tounge.gif

I'm a huge fan of that label.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 18 November 2012 - 12:43 AM

Always felt as if Earl is the only one in Odd Future who has talent.

WastedEngland
  • WastedEngland

Miscreant.

• Members

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (grope_4_that_date @ Sunday, Oct 21 2012, 17:30)
You have a really great taste in music.  icon14.gif

Thanks man smile.gif

*there are better sound quality versions of this on youtube, I shared this one because I like the video.

Cosmic Gypsy
  • Cosmic Gypsy

It's time for a trip

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:40 PM

^^MR LIFFFF!!!!

HydraulicWaRiOr
  • HydraulicWaRiOr

L'oiseau bleu

• Members
  • Japan

Posted 19 November 2012 - 03:15 AM

Learned about this guy from one of my friends. He's pretty damn good icon14.gif

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

I'm Just Sittin' Here...

• Members
  • England
  • Best Writer 2010

Posted 21 November 2012 - 01:33 AM Edited by gamesguru, 21 November 2012 - 01:37 AM.

Joe Budden just prematurely released his new mixtape A Loose Quarter. The singles More of Me and Momma Said were dope as hell, so I'm look forward to it, especially the AraabMuzik production and the Ab-Soul feature.

Anyone else looking forward to Big Boi's Vicious Lies & Dangerous, and The Game's Jesus Piece? The former, I have seen a few people who have been to listening sessions, and who have the album, mention that it's reminiscent to old school OutKast, and Big Boi himself reckons it's better than his previous album (which was my favourite album of 2010 after My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy). As for Game's album, considering the huge Stan I am, I was surprisingly uninterested in it (after a drop in quality and consistency in his music). The snippets dropped, and in a world where everyone hates Game, many people were saying that the snippets sounded dope, so now I'm curious to hear how it sounds. He's been dropping leftovers/deluxe records that have been pretty good. Dead People, produced by Dr. Dre is also a bonus track (was intended for The R.E.D. Album, but I'm definitely pumped to hear more Game + Dr. Dre). Dre is still keeping their other collaboration Dope in the vault for (Detox) now though.

OH NO
  • OH NO

Cyclop have 9 years

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:34 AM

Blade Brown bags & boxes 2 coming soon..UK lets go

Kippers
  • Kippers

何歳ですか

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 22 November 2012 - 02:23 PM

Finally started hearing some tracks for Big Boi's impending Dangerous Lies and Vicious Rumours album. It's going to be so so catchy. Can't wait.

Souths CraZe
  • Souths CraZe

Home boy

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:03 PM

f*ck man, back to the 80's with some Slick Rick tounge.gif

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:19 PM

Children's Story is the best song from the Slick. Just awesome storytelling. His entire first album is classic, though. Aah, the 80s were so great in rap!

Souths CraZe
  • Souths CraZe

Home boy

• Members
  • France

Posted 22 November 2012 - 07:24 PM

Yes I know, so many Nineties Rappers quote him, yet the Golden era seems to be completly forgoten. Another feature I like about his music, apart from the amazing stories and humour, is the minority of violence and harsh language. It shows you, you could rap with out promoting yourself as a thug or a nut case.

Dillinger8
  • Dillinger8

Kush

• Members

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:27 PM

CHIP

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users