Photo

Official Rap and Hip Hop Topic

9,340 replies to this topic
nightwalker83
  • nightwalker83

Don't mind me

• Members

Posted 04 May 2012 - 11:47 PM

Just read here that Adam Yauch of the Beastie Boys died at the age of 47.

Adam Yauch, the gravelly voiced Beastie Boys rapper and the most conscientious member of the seminal hip-hop group, has died. He was 47.

Verdant
  • Verdant

DOOM

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 May 2012 - 12:06 PM Edited by GtaOutKast, 08 May 2012 - 06:14 AM.

Since last year, I have started to get into Tech N9ne and he has now became my favorite rapper. His fast but there are songs he's basically normal speed.

Trapped In A Psycho's Body-Tech N9ne. The beat in this is amazing.

johnson.
  • johnson.

Pяopagaиda Iиc.

• The Connection
  • Canada

Posted 08 May 2012 - 08:24 PM

Meek Mill dropped his sequel to the Dreamchasers mixtape yesturday; over 2,000,000 downloads off Datpiff alone. Dreamchasers 2 really hasn't disappointed me at all, great features & quiet a few bangers. It's a little early to say but i would not be fazed one bit if DC2 won Mixtape of the year.

user posted image

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 12 May 2012 - 05:00 PM

King T - Pus-Say (Feat. Xzibit, Mr. Silky Slim & Butch Cassidy)

www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/kingt-xzibit-butchcassidy-pussay

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

4 Albums. 4 Mixtapes. 2 EPs. 5 Years.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 13 May 2012 - 12:45 AM

Atlantic confirmed the date, and it has been announced as a street single. I'm so psyched right now (favourite rapper). Hopefully this lives up to expectations and quiets the doubters. It seems many have turned on Fiasco in recent memory and are quick to throw jabs due to the disappointment of Lasers. Which is over-hated, and even though I don't think the album is anything special, it is not as bad as people portray. I don't get a majority of the hate towards Friend of the People either. I thought that mixtape was amazing, and it has only gotten better with time. I'm really looking forward to seeing if Lupe can deliver what everyone's been waiting on.

Ab-Soul just released Control System, which is available on iTunes. I haven't had the chance to listen to the album but I have listened to a few of the initial leaks. This is a definitely a stand-out track though. He speaks on Alori Joh, his girlfriend and background vocal singer for TDE, whom recently committed suicide. Really touching track. I will definitely be checking the full project out. Jay Rock, Kendrick, Schoolboy-Q and Ab-Soul have been dropping quality content consistently.

These weekly videos are great. Some hilarious and motivational footage. Slaughterhouse have always seemed like funny and chill guys through their interviews (especially more recently) and blog footage (Joe Budden TV). Week 6 got removed from YouTube, and it was apparently for what is discussed in the Crooked's Corner segment. Someone managed to upload it on DailyMotion though. Which is fortunate, as it is the best episode so far. Also, they just shot scenes for their latest single My Life ft Cee-Lo Green. Admittedly, I don't like this at all. It just seems very uninspired and mediocre (both the production and lyrics). Hopefully this doesn't reflect the album as a whole. I was somewhat expecting records with this sound though, I was just hoping I would be proven wrong. It is damn catchy though, but so is syphilis. I'm not saying this because it is radio friendly, but because I feel that it is genuinely dull record.

Noob_Noobersson
  • Noob_Noobersson

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 14 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 12:19 AM

Dubcnn:
Late last year Tha Chill of Compton's Most Wanted released his mixtape "Big Homie Muzic Vol. 2" hosted and mixed by the one and only DJ Battlecat, and brought to you by dubcnn and Tha Chill. Big Homie Muzic Vol. 2 was just the prelude to Tha Chill's upcoming LP "Chillafornia" which had been expected to drop in February.

Today we return with a World Premiere courtesy of the Hoopla Worldwide team that sees Chill link up with King T, Bokie Loc & Lil' Half Dead on "Let One Go"

www.dubcnn.com/media/audio/thachill-letonego

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:06 AM

QUOTE (GtaOutKast @ Monday, May 7 2012, 23:06)
Since last year, I have started to get into Tech N9ne and he has now became my favorite rapper. His fast but there are songs he's basically normal speed.

Trapped In A Psycho's Body-Tech N9ne. The beat in this is amazing.

I love Tech N9ne, i have every single album including the EP's, he was one of the only rappers keeping rap alive for a while there.
Even his newer albums are fantastic.

@nightwalker, 47 from cancer? That's rough.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 15 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

Eminem! Enough said. By the way, the music video for "Not Afraid" reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto IV.

Mister Pink
  • Mister Pink

ThePinkFloydSound

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:26 AM

Found this dude this morning.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

QUOTE (Allen14n @ Tuesday, May 15 2012, 07:23)
Eminem! Enough said. By the way, the music video for "Not Afraid" reminds me a lot of Grand Theft Auto IV.

How is that 'enough said'? Eminem started to go downhill after coming out of rehab, and completely changed the style on which he had shaped his career on. I've said it far too many times on this forum, so not going to go into much detail, but he's lost it now. I still listen to him, and will still continue to get every album that he releases, but I still prefer the older stuff that he did, especially some of the stuff before he became too mainstream.

^--- I miss the way he flows in this song.

I have yet to post all the latest tunes I've been going through on my PC. I 'acquired' a massive collection of various underground tunes, and some of the stuff I would have never heard had it not been for that.

Claude4Catalina
  • Claude4Catalina

being a fag since '07

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:38 AM

Infinite...not heard that a while, was cool to reminisce.

lovely bit of Aesop, great to see him back cant wait for Skelethon!

Kippers
  • Kippers

Project 2501

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:03 PM

QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 11:31)
How is that 'enough said'? Eminem started to go downhill after coming out of rehab, and completely changed the style on which he had shaped his career on.

As much as he criticises himself for Relapse, I actually think it contains some of his most imaginative rhymes since MMLP, and more than prefer it over Recovery.

Unfortunately Recovery seems to have rocketed him from non fans knowing about him to them actually listening to a whole album.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:33 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 16 May 2012 - 01:49 PM.

QUOTE (kippers. @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 13:03)
QUOTE (Butters 2011 @ Wednesday, May 16 2012, 11:31)
How is that 'enough said'? Eminem started to go downhill after coming out of rehab, and completely changed the style on which he had shaped his career on.

As much as he criticises himself for Relapse, I actually think it contains some of his most imaginative rhymes since MMLP, and more than prefer it over Recovery.

Unfortunately Recovery seems to have rocketed him from non fans knowing about him to them actually listening to a whole album.

Been a rapper is more than just laying down a rhyme though, and my point was that everyone knows Eminem as this guy who told everyone and everything to go F*ck itself, and took the piss out of everything without giving a thought about the consequences. To then listen to him self-depricate and apologise to people who he was about to diss, yeah, people he hadn't even dissed yet, was stupid. It might have been great for someone new to the scene, but it was a complete change to the Eminem we had all grown to love.

Imagine Immortal Technique suddenly taking sides with the American Government...just wouldn't seem right, and would be a complete change to his message.

.Lycosa
  • .Lycosa

Prankster

• Members

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

That drum loop is just brilliant. Also had this on repeat for a few days, can't beat some danny brown. imo it seems appearance matters more than talent now, I mean Danny gets judged because of his f*cking haircut (look at 2012 XXL Cypher comments for example) or clothes (50 Cent wouldn't sign him because he wore fitted jeans), silly sh*t.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:08 AM

Just thought I'd pop in and leave you with some of my favourite songs that I've just come across:

inlove.gif

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:52 AM Edited by DOOM!, 17 May 2012 - 09:55 AM.

I f*cking loved 'The Shining' album. Every day when I got off work, I'd bump the sh*t outta that smokin' in my living room.

"I don't write raps for free, if I did, I wouldn't take it like Shaq from 3"
Just simply amazing.

Butters 2011
  • Butters 2011

M.O.T

• Members

Posted 17 May 2012 - 01:41 PM Edited by Butters 2011, 18 May 2012 - 01:28 PM.

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Thursday, May 17 2012, 09:52)
I f*cking loved 'The Shining' album. Every day when I got off work, I'd bump the sh*t outta that smokin' in my living room.

[/youtube]iurEZgZF-nA[/youtube]
"I don't write raps for free, if I did, I wouldn't take it like Shaq from 3"
Just simply amazing.

As you know from the PM, this is one of the only J Dilla albums that I don't own, yet from what I've heard from various tracks I've been going through on YT, it's probably one of the finest albums I've heard for time. I'm a massive fan of Instrumental Hip-Hop, and the beats in his tracks are amazing, so blend this with some killer lyrics and you've got the perfect album. Just need to somehow get hold of the album now.

This track is brilliant:

Loving this massive collection of music I got, found some real gems in there.

Allen14n
  • Allen14n

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 18 May 2012 - 04:12 PM

I still have a whole lot of room to improve, but here's what I have so far:

It's my remake of "Lighters" by Bad Meets Evil featuring Bruno Mars. Please give me feedback, positive or negative. Tell me what I'm doing right and what I'm doing wrong. I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm pretty confident in my lyrics, but it takes to develop my flow.

Thanks in advance!

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 19 May 2012 - 10:54 PM

J Dilla and Madlib gave me another perspective on music. I began reaching out the the music they sampled and it just makes the instrumentals they make even better. Gotta be a genius to do what they do so well.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:52 AM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Saturday, May 19 2012, 22:54)
J Dilla and Madlib gave me another perspective on music. I began reaching out the the music they sampled and it just makes the instrumentals they make even better. Gotta be a genius to do what they do so well.

Seriously, this. I have days where I just shuffle Madlib and Dilla playlists, will never get tired of their production. Plus so much Dilla news recently, with his record collection found with more beat tapes, his mother has created a record label (aptly named Ruff Draft Records) to release his music and potentially other projects.

Sites a bit broken, so scroll down.
Ruff Draft Records

Looking forward to the Dillatroit EP coming out in June too, first single. Danny always brings it:

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 04:16 AM

Oh my goodness that track is nice. You happen to know what Dilla beat that is?

J Dilla is one of my main influences to why I occasionally free style or cypher with friends, I just love busting out with some dilla because 90 percent of the time I am spreading this great soul music to other ears. I even had one guy try to tell me he made a beat, which was created by J Dilla it was the "Whip Me With A Strap" instrumental Ghostface Killah uses on Fishscale or More Fish album. Anyways I had to tell him to quit rolling his blunt and get the f*ck out or apologize Dilla for doing such a pussy thing...

he apologized.

Vanillainy
  • Vanillainy

Fancy Clown.

• Zaibatsu

Posted 20 May 2012 - 01:46 PM

QUOTE (DOOM! @ Sunday, May 20 2012, 04:16)
Oh my goodness that track is nice. You happen to know what Dilla beat that is?

J Dilla is one of my main influences to why I occasionally free style or cypher with friends, I just love busting out with some dilla because 90 percent of the time I am spreading this great soul music to other ears. I even had one guy try to tell me he made a beat, which was created by J Dilla it was the "Whip Me With A Strap" instrumental Ghostface Killah uses on Fishscale or More Fish album. Anyways I had to tell him to quit rolling his blunt and get the f*ck out or apologize Dilla for doing such a pussy thing...

he apologized.

Found it under the title Electric Fairy Dust:

Finding Dilla beats can be pretty tricky with the countless beat tapes and titles people give them. I remember trying to find the instrumental to ASD - Komm Schon as the instrumental was crazy but wasn't anywhere, then it finally appeared on a tape I downloaded and appeared on youtube. Probably one of my favourite Dilla beats:

and this of course, damn:

Highly recommending Ab-Soul's - Control System album, the TDE/Black Hippy crew can do no wrong, Kendrick, ScHoolboy and now Ab's albums have been sick. Still need to check out Jay Rock's work. A Black Hippy album would be ridiculous.

DOOM!
  • DOOM!

yessir

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 20 May 2012 - 05:31 PM

Man, I think I could post dilla beats all day and enjoy it.

Got damn, got damn.

Slamman
  • Slamman

Godawful-Disturbed-Earl Root

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:08 AM

I still dislike Eminem, Yuck! hahaha

Was watching VH1's One Hit Wonders marathon they do every now and again, I don't know if they update it at all, they said they'd pick one as the all time best One Hit Wonder (of the 1990s), or so I thought, but I think they skipped it

Anyone remember Rump Shaker by Wrecks N Effect? When I got cable it was late 1992 I believe, Yo MTV Raps was still on the air, yeah, I didn't like the genre then but they mixed things up a bit more with regard to all the genre videos, it was still pretty good back then

They had an update on Snow, 12 inches of Snow?! Have to admit, it's fun to hear those songs again 10 plus years later. Some were pretty terrible though.

vertical limit
  • vertical limit

When in doubt don't pull out.

• Members
  • None

Posted 21 May 2012 - 10:18 PM

Arab Rap!!

I would happily translate them if anyone is interested.

gamesguru
  • gamesguru

4 Albums. 4 Mixtapes. 2 EPs. 5 Years.

• Angels of Death MC
  • England

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:19 AM Edited by gamesguru, 22 May 2012 - 03:14 AM.

Damn, Lupe Fiasco is back:

Lyrics

He kills it on this, and it's reminiscent of his earlier mixtapes in sound (but not in theme). It uses the same sample Pete Rock used for his song T.R.O.Y. Although he doesn't seem to be pleased about it:
QUOTE (Pete Rock on Twitter)
No disrespect to lupe fiasco and i like him alot but TROY should be left alone. Feel so violated,the beat is next to my heart and was made. Outta anguish and pain. When its like that it should not be touched by no one! Its so hard for folks to make original music, I possess that, but these dudes are scared of that and this is supposed to be HIP HOP? Man Im a lupe fan and everything but TROY was my homie man. I think about him and Hev every f*cking day!!!! Smh

Who ever Re-created that didnt do a good job @ all. #nohate.This business can be so lame, sometimes I make beats blindfolded with one hand tied behind my back and still these cats cant be original to. So untalented and unoriginal. Makes me feel like Im truly the best that ever did it. Yo hev and t-Roy I love and miss da sh*t outta yall. U guys have been violated with no Vaseline. So f*cked up this business smmfh!!! And I dont care who got something to say about it, kiss my.. Im not flattered @ all. Dat sh*t is wack, and the producer should be ashamed of his f*ckin self. Smh That record is dear to me yo f*ck deez niggas!!!! Im still Dat nigga out here believe it or dont. Ur ignorance not mine, lame duck bullsh*t. I think lupe is a great artist, Im that angry with him but its a major label idea. I can feel it.

EDIT: Now 9th Wonder is throwing jabs:
so WAIT.....WAIT.......WAAAAAAIT......a nigga REMADE T.R.O.Y.?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! nah man....man niggas aint got no CODE. This really aint no argument man, If you ridin with that sloppy remake of a beat, cool....I'm bout to watch the game. he rapped over the ORIGINAL BEAT...thats cool...this is a poor attempt of a REMAKE. Trouble T. Roy had to DIE for that song to be made....at least reach out to @peterock for the blessing. Hip-Hop needs a COUNCIL.......A HIGH CHIEF COUNCIL. Niggas aint got NO CODE...NO RULES...that's why the GAME is the way it is. and its a bunch of niggas that don't know what they talkin bout right now......but for real....where I'm from there is a right of passage, the older niggas in the neighborhood schooled the young niggas, and checked. There is NO line now....you might as well take the sample and remake Mass Appeal, Shook Ones II, Juicy, I'll Get Around....ANYTHING... so is there a LINE?? so can someone take Kanye's Through The Wire and remake and chop the sample the same, call it "Through The Storm?"

if you want to use the SAME TOM SCOTT sample...cool....but to CHOP it the SAME WAY? or ATTEMPT? There is a difference between a remake, interpolation, cover, parody, and BITE..... niggas tried to RECREATE Pete's Chops.....is it ok to recreate DILLAS chops? So its ok to take All of Dilla's samples he found...re-chop them JUST like Dilla and call it "Bagels". not take the SAME SAMPLE and rechop it...Take "CLAIR" and chop it JUST like Dilla and call the song "FLARE". I'm bout to go in here and find all the samples to College Dropout, chop them JUST like KANYE & Call it "I Ran Outta Financial Aid". Since anything goes.... Let's play a game....take a song...and the same sample...rechop it the same way and name it..."blank blank". I found "Stay With ME" by Debarge...and I chopped it just like Tumblin' Dice and I name it..."One Last Try".

Some new Food & Liquor II info courtesy of RubyHornet:
•Part 1 finished, Part 2 80% done.
•Part 1 has no rap features.
•Jay-Z may have a verse on part 2.
•September 25th release date (the 26th date in the article is a typo).
•Will touch upon American politics, social issues, etc.

I've seen people hating on this record already. It seems that no matter what Lupe does, his reputation will remain tarnished due to Lasers. I've seen people complaining that it is preachy and pretentious with its political themes. I think they are just grasping at straws in all honesty. People forget that Lupe has multiple acclaimed songs with political agendas (American Terrorist, Little Weapon, Building Minds Faster, Hurt Me Soul, etc), but it seems any credibility Lupe has in this field has been stripped from him since Words I never Said and the Obama scandal. As long as Lupe refrains from sounding like he did on the latter record, Food & Liquor II could be promising. It sounds like the subject matter will be similar to his first album. Oh, and Lupe rapped over the T.R.O.Y. beat way back:

submerge
  • submerge

• Members

Posted 22 May 2012 - 10:05 PM Edited by submerge, 23 May 2012 - 11:44 AM.

QUOTE (vertical limit @ Monday, May 21 2012, 22:18)
I would happily translate them if anyone is interested.

Yeah man, do it!

OchyGTA
  • OchyGTA

Rap game GTA forums

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:55 AM

Saw Jay Z and Kanye West at the O2 tonight for their "watch the throne" gig. It was amazing! The atmosphere was electric and the set list was great too! Crowd went wild when they did "niggas in Paris"...... 6 times!

Bad Azz
  • Bad Azz

Buddah

• Members

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:16 PM

New song by West Coast veteran C-Bo from an upcoming album ''Orca''

Here it is: C-Bo Ft WC - 187!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users